Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone knows what mod causes this issue?

So I'm having an issue with the restaurants the issue is that I make the order of the food and I wait and wait and the food never comes. I see the waitress serving other sims and not mine and idk why? I think its a mod because I didn't had this problem before. So if any one knows a list of mods than can cause this issue let me know.

Thank you

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I don't think it is a mod that causes that, because of the last time I tried to send my sim off to a restaurant, mod free, was awful in how long it took them to get my sim their food. There was even a couple of times I just sent my sims home because their needs were totally depleted. Also if the restaurant is in Newcrest. the lag is over the top.

Now saying that there is a mod that actually speeds up this process. Here is a link if you want to check it out.

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175412396783/random-small-mods-sometimes-mods-are-sooo-small

To read more about it go down the section titled - Dine Out DLC - Restaurant Faster Cooking
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited January 2020
    It might help if you mention what mods you use?

Also, if it a pre-built (maxis) restaurant, a downloaded (gallery) one or one you made? I wonder if there is anything on the tables? I once had that issue when I got my Sim to “draw on placemat” (an interaction with the table while dining out). If there are any decorations or objects blocking the table, your food will not be delivered.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    It's not a mod that causes that issue. The problem is caused by Sims 4: Dine Out. :#
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    According to my knowledge and my experiences with restaurantes ... I think they have been broken since release. I tried and gave up long ago. There are no restaurants in my game. James Turner, a youtuber, always complains that they are broken or I think he says buggy. He tried running one few times in his let's plays! He usually doesn't use mods until Uni came out.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited January 2020
    Restaurants are a mess. It’s most likely a combination of pathfinding, bugged objects, and script errors. They’re super finicky and whether or not a restaurant functions is a total crapshoot in my experience.
  • NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    It might help if you mention what mods you use?

Also, if it a pre-built (maxis) restaurant, a downloaded (gallery) one or one you made? I wonder if there is anything on the tables? I once had that issue when I got my Sim to “draw on placemat” (an interaction with the table while dining out). If there are any decorations or objects blocking the table, your food will not be delivered.

The restaurants that I use are mostly made by Maxis. The restaurant that I use the most is the one thats on the world of city living it wasn't a restaurant at first but I changed its the one that is on a top of a building. I don't have any objects on the table.

I agree that restaurants are a mess I think sometimes works and others doesn't. I went back again a few times and it worked and then stopped working again idk :/ I think the chefs they freeze a lot or something.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    NADYSOPHIE wrote: »
    So I'm having an issue with the restaurants the issue is that I make the order of the food and I wait and wait and the food never comes. I see the waitress serving other sims and not mine and idk why? I think its a mod because I didn't had this problem before. So if any one knows a list of mods than can cause this issue let me know.

Thank you

That's not mod related it's caused by a bug probably from one of the updates.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I don't have this issue all the time just sometimes.
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    edited January 2020
    I thought they fixed this issue with the new patch, no?
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I thought they fixed this issue with the new patch, no?

I think they might have done, actually. I've been playing this save for a while and not had a problem with the restaurant I built. <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited January 2020
    I try to order the food as soon as they sit at the table. If they are talking to any of the sims that are there with them, I "x" out of them to where it shows the menu in the quey. Then after placing the order, it will quey up the "wait for order" (something like that). What I noticed is that the "order" is first in the quey, then the "wait". I "x" out of order (because I already ordered) and it will pop up a box about cancelling the order and I say yes. It will remove the "order" and drop down the "wait". It will bring the food when ready. If you didn't notice that right away and you waited a while, even doing this atm, the food will be brought to you right away because the food has been sitting over at the cook station. If they talk to whoever is with them, I make sure the "order" or "wait" is always at the bottom of the quey, then continue talking ( I think it works even if chatting is first, just make sure the order and menu is not both in the quey).

I am sure I misspelled quey, but you know what I mean :D Hope this helps!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I think the issue has to do with how things are set up at the restaurant. I had a restaurant I downloaded like that. I deleted it and downloaded some others that is still working perfectly fine.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 254 Member
    If you use any UI cheat mods, ensure they are up to date. I found a similar problem with Restaurants only last week, got rid of out of date UI mods and all good again.
    Well, as good as EA seem to be able to do anyway.