Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Space saving items- toilet/sink combos, corner sinks/toilets, etc

SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
edited January 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Since Tiny Living came out and space is at a premium, it would be nice if there were more space saving items. I've mentioned some of this in much older threads but there are a few new ideas.
Over at modthesims, K9DB made two different styles of toilet sink combos, but the toilet and sink have to be placed separately and I know some people don't use CC.
I made some collages of the ideas. There are various styles of toilets with different types of sinks.
There's even a urinal with a sink.
28218b409c5c67a8aa9e73ccfdfc461e5fd8e1e4.jpg

and various other style combos-- there's one with a fold-down sink for an RV
84f7cd77945e8651ad90006b63f3f76e2efb92ad.jpg

and a washing machine with a sink as well as a toilet inside a shower. I threw in a corner toilets as well.
7042a80a9f102415cce76a82dcdd9c3034c3cff8.jpg

Then there are some corner sinks
af2b6cd2539e5e418fc990cfe9c8017150ea8ef2.jpg

Another suggestion (not pictured): sofa beds, loft beds, bunk beds, and futons. Couches can either have a bed pull out, or can fold down to become a bed or have a bottom drawer slide out with a bed. (I can add pictures later).

Loft beds can come in both single and double sizes and include ladders or stairs. Stairs can be recessed and double as drawers for a dresser or storing items. A dresser, desk, and seating can be placed under the loft bed. My brother used to have a loft bed that had a top bunk, and a lower bed that was perpendicular to the top one. under the bunk there were some shelves sandwiched behind a dresser and a small closet.

Built-in bookcases that fit underneath stairs would also be cool. They could cut in to the walls the way doors and windows do. Same with sets of drawers for dressers or storage. It would be really cool if we could add doors and have small rooms under stairs (like Harry Potter's bedroom).

It would also be nice to have more varieties/styles of combo electronics-- like the TV that plays music etc. It would also be cool (not sure if this exists in game or not) to have something similar to Kindle or an Amazon Fire tablet where books could be loaded and technologically savvy Sims could purchase digital books and read them on the tablet and put the tablet back in their inventory when done instead of having to put books on shelves.
Post edited by Suceress on

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Sims 3 had the all-in-one bathrooms.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I saw a YouTube video on a recent thread where they built a one tile bathroom that was pretty cool!
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited January 2020
    I don't seem to remember the all-in-one bathrooms.
    How the hell did someone make a 1 tile bathroom? Which thread was this in?

I'm adding more photos.
    Collage including sofa beds, futon, pull-out bed, sofa bunk bed, ottoman bed, storage beds, storage bunk bed, loft bed, & folding rollaway bed (could be put in Sim's inventory).
    94a23900613f4cda948d450f4dc0960e023fe4a9.jpg8d5e7c9e8e886eab111aad8d91b20c06f20ba7c6.jpg

Bathrooms with corner sinks, corner tubs, corner showers, and corner toilets.
    f4ea40d60c6d60f576071128e8dbc9f3c194d3ea.jpg

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    I downloaded that CC from MTS for the sleek toilet/sink combo and it’s amazing! I was able to make a 2-tile bathroom using that toilet/sink combo and then placing the new University shower on top of it. It works perfectly, no MOO needed.

I agree of course that they should’ve added something like this in the Tiny Living Pack. Definitely a missed opportunity
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I like the corner items.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Janiebug1122Janiebug1122 Posts: 25 Member
    Good suggestions!

I'd also like to see, for Tiny Living (I mean, not as custom content)

* Storage spaces/shelves/cabinets built in to the wall (so you don't have to waste floorspace with excess furniture)
    * A set of slimmer-profile kitchen cabinets (upper and lower w/ counter).
    * A suitable sink to go with the slimmer-profile cabinets and countertop.
    * A compact refrigerator.
    * More compact oven.
    * Solar panels (maybe they can even reduce bills if you buy/install them?)
    * Fold down tabletop & seating that you install to the wall, and the sim pulls it down when you tell it to sit or eat.
    * One-cup slim coffee maker.
    * Ceiling fan with light.
    * More window options.
    * Skylight window.
    * Maybe a tiny projector & screen instead of a TV.
    * Magnetic storage (like, a flat metal sheet you put on the wall, and things like spice containers, knives, and stuff can be placed on it.
    * Magnetic art/photo frames for the fridge.
    * Paper towel roll holder that fits next to the sink less awkwardly.
    * Loft area
    * Ladder
    edited January 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I downloaded that CC from MTS for the sleek toilet/sink combo and it’s amazing! I was able to make a 2-tile bathroom using that toilet/sink combo and then placing the new University shower on top of it. It works perfectly, no MOO needed.

I agree of course that they should’ve added something like this in the Tiny Living Pack. Definitely a missed opportunity

I didn't know about the Uni shower. I'll have to get University once Origin starts working again. I currently have a problem where all it does is show gray boxes & I've tried all of their troubleshooting steps 10+ times to no avail. Every time I see someone write MOO I think of my cows. LOL.
    Good suggestions!

I'd also like to see, for Tiny Living (I mean, not as custom content)

* Storage spaces/shelves/cabinets built in to the wall (so you don't have to waste floorspace with excess furniture)
    * A set of slimmer-profile kitchen cabinets (upper and lower w/ counter).
    * A suitable sink to go with the slimmer-profile cabinets and countertop.
    * A compact refrigerator.
    * More compact oven.
    * Solar panels (maybe they can even reduce bills if you buy/install them?)
    * Fold down tabletop & seating that you install to the wall, and the sim pulls it down when you tell it to sit or eat.
    * One-cup slim coffee maker.
    * Ceiling fan with light.
    * More window options.
    * Skylight window.
    * Maybe a tiny projector & screen instead of a TV.
    * Magnetic storage (like, a flat metal sheet you put on the wall, and things like spice containers, knives, and stuff can be placed on it.
    * Magnetic art/photo frames for the fridge.
    * Paper towel roll holder that fits next to the sink less awkwardly.
    * Loft area
    * Ladder

I love all of these ideas! I'm a fan of "between the stud" storage, bookcase doors, toekick drawers, and hidden storage spaces. I'm glad you mentioned the fold-down table. I'm actually in the process of planning to build one for a friend in his small kitchen. Been looking at plans, cut lists, and hardware for it. I think they are called murphy tables or murphy bars. I've seen murphy desks too. I also plan to have a folding table in my laundry room which I'm renovating- only it will fold up to be accessible. I need to make a collage of the folding tables. I saw one where you fold it down from the wall and it has two benches as well as a tabletop. My idea for my friend's house is to have a stationary storage bench sort of like a booth seat against the wall, have a murphy table fold down from the perpendicular wall, and folding dining chairs that can be either stored inside the bench or hung up on the wall. Wish I had the right hardware to make them because I have some diagrams for chairs and I've been reading tutorials on how to do floating mortise & tenons.

The magnet wall seems cool and I'm glad you mentioned that because it gives me an idea for my real life home. I'm putting in a steel clad door and planned to put a magnetic white board on it (to cover some dents it got while being moved around), but storing stuff on it would be cool too.

Magnetic art for fridges is a neat idea. I kind of wish I could put my Grumpy Cat magnet on a fridge in the Sims. Which reminds me, is it possible to make a version of Grumpy Cat (may she rest in peace) in the Pets expansion?

I would like under-cabinet lights, a paper towel roll that mounts to the wall or to the underside of the cabinet, and Maybe even a bed that lowers down from the ceiling to be used (I've actually seen those in pictures).

Wall mount coffee makers/beverage makers would be cool-- maybe some could be built-in to fit between "studs". I've seen some on Houzz.

I know we had solar panels in past Sims games. What I'd really love to have are the solar panels that are shaped like roof tiles but still have the color of solar panels. IIRC, in real life they now have some sort of solar panel film (or something like that) to put on windows, which I think would be cool in game. I was watching a show called Tiny Living the other day and saw a guy built a weathervane on his roof that spun enough to power an apparatus in the house that measured the weather-- barometer, wind speed, humidity, and temperature. I know there is a term for one, but I can't recall.

I'm really hoping to get Tiny Living soon-- but again, have to wait until Origin starts working and my internet is no longer throttled. February 12 seems so far away. I can only load videos in low res and they buffer for frickin' ever. I've been trying to watch Sketchup tutorials on how to build obejcts. Figured out how to make round bowls-- next on how to make oval bowls and more complex shapes.

Sorry for babbling, I've been sick and very bored. I created a collage of more corner toilets and sinks plus corner medicine cabinets with mirrors (I should include corner wall cabinets but I prefer the kinds with mirrors since Sims use mirrors for things & I want storage and more function).
    One of the corner sinks has a very slim cabinet so would be great for a tiny space. Also more toilet/sink combos. I included corner showers and corner tub-shower combos in another collage.

5c3eac841ad7ed21a0bbb0b90dfa029711ddd131.jpg
    bc467930ad8f70b0b79d17a29e5fdc5abee01337.jpg
    I made another collage- this time of murphy tables/bars/desks. I didn't include the kind that has chains to hold the table at 90 degrees because I just don't like them. LOL. I also discovered that there are custom murphy beds that can have murphy tables under them. I don't have pictures, but I think it would be cool to have a murphy bed with a murphy table with modular armless loveseat in front. When Sims want to fold the table down, they can move the seats apart to work as dining chairs on either side of the table. To fold the bed down, the table would be folded back up and the loveseat pieces would be put back and their backs fold down under the bed. Or they could be backless so they are basically like little poofs or stools.
    825cd15449a151f4a279fa30f722bbd7136ec7b8.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Absolutely here for more corner items + more variations on other combo furniture.

In the meantime, a Simmer made the weird toilet/sink things! I had no idea till now that there were real ones.
    http://modthesims.info/d/637250/classic-toilet-sink-combo.html
    http://modthesims.info/d/637476/modern-toilet-sink-combo.html
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I’ve seen a corner sink before in real life. It was either on a bus or in an RV. Never seen a corner toilet before.
  • Janiebug1122Janiebug1122 Posts: 25 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Absolutely here for more corner items + more variations on other combo furniture.
    >
    > In the meantime, a Simmer made the weird toilet/sink things! I had no idea till now that there were real ones.
    > http://modthesims.info/d/637250/classic-toilet-sink-combo.html
    > http://modthesims.info/d/637476/modern-toilet-sink-combo.html

The only setting I knew of the toilet/sink things was from my old job working for my County government, in contracts and purchasing. A request for bids for furniture and appliances for our County prison included a need for the toilet/sink combos for the cells! LOL So I call them "prison toilets."
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,050 Member
    I would like to see a corner fireplace.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
    edited February 2020
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Absolutely here for more corner items + more variations on other combo furniture.
    >
    > In the meantime, a Simmer made the weird toilet/sink things! I had no idea till now that there were real ones.
    > http://modthesims.info/d/637250/classic-toilet-sink-combo.html
    > http://modthesims.info/d/637476/modern-toilet-sink-combo.html

The only setting I knew of the toilet/sink things was from my old job working for my County government, in contracts and purchasing. A request for bids for furniture and appliances for our County prison included a need for the toilet/sink combos for the cells! LOL So I call them "prison toilets."
    Some of the big box stores like Home Depot sell the toilet tank lids that double as sinks- I think they fit the Glacier Bay toilets (although I wouldn't buy that brand-- I stick to Toto with their 1000 MaP scores).
    Absolutely here for more corner items + more variations on other combo furniture.

In the meantime, a Simmer made the weird toilet/sink things! I had no idea till now that there were real ones.
    http://modthesims.info/d/637250/classic-toilet-sink-combo.html
    http://modthesims.info/d/637476/modern-toilet-sink-combo.html
    Thanks! I actually created a thread in the mods/cc tutorial section asking how to modify those ones to make it so the sinks automatically snap to the right spot on the toilets. Currently you have to hold alt to move them in place & I had to turn move objects off bc it wouldn't work with it on for some reason. I'm waiting for K9DB to make the newer toilet too. Thinking of asking him/her about making corner toilets. I haven't found any pics, but a corner sink toilet combo would be awesome.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I’ve seen a corner sink before in real life. It was either on a bus or in an RV. Never seen a corner toilet before.
    I've only seen them in pictures and I was surprised. I asked about them on a plumbing forum. The toilet bases are the same as regular bases but the tanks are different. I think some of them are designed for a 10" rough-in instead of 12" rough-in though.
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    I would like to see a corner fireplace.
    Ooh! That would be awesome. I need to add that to my list of things to add to a collage. Thanks for mentioning that! My sister has a corner fireplace in her house.
    I also want to have electric fireplaces that double as TV-stands/entertainment centers.
    Corner fireplaces and some entertainment center heaters/electric fireplaces
    ded90f62b41c212d083f55610d564dae0ba338da.png
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited March 2020
    There are so many intriguing ideas in this thread. Tiny Living as a stuff pack was an incredible waste of a fantastic idea. Every time that I think of what TL pack could have been... Unbelievable.

Will that theme ever be revisited?
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    How about the option of a bathroom, or powder room under the stairs?
    toilet_under_stairs_in_london.jpg
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I want all the above in my Sims 4 game.
    Movotti wrote: »
    How about the option of a bathroom, or powder room under the stairs?
    toilet_under_stairs_in_london.jpg
    I used to have threads about making the space under stairs more useful but they are now locked due to being so old. I think I posted them before Sims4 came out & EA changed the forums url. I love the idea of tiny bedrooms & even powder rooms under stairs. It's so much wasted space in game.
    In real life, we had a potty chair downstairs in the basement under the stairs-- also had shelves. We've had closets under stairs going to the upper floor as well.
  • Madz_LBMadz_LB Posts: 17 Member
    I'd love to see some corner toilets, sinks and showers. It would make building bathrooms more exciting, especially if you've tucked it into that random corner of your tiny home
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Even an under the stairs closet would be useful. I have often wished I could merge the closet with the stairs, since it would fit perfectly.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
    Even an under the stairs closet would be useful. I have often wished I could merge the closet with the stairs, since it would fit perfectly.
    It really would make a lot of sense for Tiny Living spaces & it would be good overall for the game to have the spaces more usable. I know the game can't be completely realistic, but it would be nice to have some more realism in that.

Of course, I also think it would be cool to have a game that involves building houses that takes in to consideration plumbing pipes-- there's a reason why bathrooms & areas that have water supply & drains are usually clustered near one another so they can more easily connect to the DWV system & limit roof penetrations for vent pipes. Don't mind me, I'm planning real life renovations & need to sort out the plumbing for it to bring it up to code bc whoever did the plumbing for this house royally screwed it up. LOL.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I’d like to use the space under the stairs. I tried to place a door and a desk the other day thinking I could make a small study there and was sad to gong out sims can’t get In.
    A shelving system under the stairs would be nice too.

Another thing I want and I made a thread about it, is being able to use the space under a roof to make an attic or extra rooms.
    @Dianesims do you have a link to your thread so I can post my support in it please?

I would love to have more usable attic space. It's something I've thought about while playing but never thought to mention here.

Another space-saving thing would be digital books that are stored in a tablet device. I was disappointed when looking at the options on the computers and phones. There's social media, trolling, shopping, gaming, writing, etc but not reading. I have a high-tech Sim that wouldn't be the type to read paper books & I want to have him read from a tablet & be able to download books to the tablet- so he could use his tablet to scan existing paper books he finds places to store and could purchase digital copies of the books to read in his tablet. Digital copies would mean less clutter in the inventory- which is a total pain to navigate as there are no search options & no options to sort alphabetically or by type.

There could even be a futuristic holographic book reader thing where the screen floats in front of the sims while they sit or stand. Even something like VR goggles that let Sims read books would be cool.
    Thanks, @Dianesims. Cute kitty picture in your avatar, btw.