Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin not working?

Has any of you tried to play in the last couple of hours? I'm receiving a message saying something about beta players can't interact with non beta players untill 30 january... i never play online, but anyway it won't allow me to play...

Comments

• DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I got the warning about beta players the other day, but it didn't prevent me from playing the game. Weird.

Haven't tried today.
  • NumeriusAsiniusNumeriusAsinius Posts: 14 New Member
    > @telmarina said:
    > Has any of you tried to play in the last couple of hours? I'm receiving a message saying something about beta players can't interact with non beta players untill 30 january... i never play online, but anyway it won't allow me to play...

Make sure you completely close out of Origin, and then reopen it. To do that click the ^ arrow in the bottom right hand corner of the screen (Windows 10), and then right click Origin > Exit. Then reopen it, and it should apply the critical launcher update that you're missing automatically. At least that's what it sounds like the problem is to me.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Same thing happened to me a few days ago, and I found out I had missed a critical update...that's probably the reason you can't get into Origin.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Thank you all! I will try later.
    @NumeriusAsinius thank you! It worked!
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I'm having this problem too, but I have my origin set for auto updates so if it's an issue of an update I don't know how I missed it. I need help with this. I have windows 8.1
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
    edited January 2020
    @simgirl542 i closed origin and reopened. When i reopened i had an origin update waiting for me, just like @NumeriusAsinius explained above.
    My os is windows 10 and i don't have origin doing updates instantly.
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I just did that and no update appeared for me
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
    > @telmarina said:
    > @NumeriusAsinius thank you! It worked!

I'm glad I was able to help :)
    > @simgirl542 said:
    > I just did that and no update appeared for me

Still having the problem Simgirl?