Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help me please, how do i get worlds that ive been using?

VerkiVerki Posts: 13 New Member
So i would like to know how too get worlds that ive been using in the CAW, like worlds with trees and stuff already in it.
i would like sunset valley but with all the trees and houses if possible.
please help.

Comments

• VerkiVerki Posts: 13 New Member
    edited December 2009
    anyone?
  • VerkiVerki Posts: 13 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I would like to edit sunset valley in CAW with all houses and trees already in it.
    please help me.
  • EcclesEccles Posts: 155 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Unfortunately, this is simply not possible. Packaged worlds such as Sunset Valley, Riverview, China, France, Egypt and (most likely) those uploaded on the Exchange are not able to be loaded in CAW (most likely due to internal compression).

You'll just have to make do with the 'Lite' terrain versions of Sunset Valley and Riverview that EA have provided for us - and be thankful they even gave us those...
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited December 2009
    What do they mean when they say add a layer? And, how do you add a layer? And, how do you move the camera so that you can see something other that the middle to the 'hood?

• EcclesEccles Posts: 155 New Member
    edited December 2009
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    What do they mean when they say add a layer? And, how do you add a layer?

TS3 worlds are created in 'layers', which (for all intents and purposes) are simply a way of organising your world elements so they are easier for you to manage, and (from the game's perspective) easier to render.

To create a new layer, right-click on the first entry in the 'World Layers' pane and select 'Add Layer'. A new layer will be added, with a default name - the first one you create will be named 'Layer_1', the second 'Layer_2', etc. Click on the layer name to rename it to something more descriptive.

To add, remove or edit objects in a particular layer, it must be made active. To make a layer the active layer, right-click the layer name and select 'Make Layer Active'. Note that the layer in bold text is the active layer, and any new objects (lots, trees, etc.) that you add will go into that layer.
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    And, how do you move the camera so that you can see something other that the middle to the 'hood?

The controls for moving the camera in CAW are the same as in the game. To recap, make sure to click on the 'Render' window to enable it (click the top bar of the window if you're afraid you may accidentally paint, move or reshape something), then use the following:

* D or A : move the camera left or right respectively;
    * < > or hold middle mouse button and drag : rotate the camera left or right;
    * W and S or roll mouse wheel : zoom in or out.

I hope this helps. :D