Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next generation Sims game may be single player and multiplayer...

Comments

• kphillips2977kphillips2977 Posts: 135 Member
    I’m confused? It sounded like they were talking about the sims online nickel and dime game? Did I miss something? Because if sims 5 is multiplayer then I have no interest in the game and will just cut ties with EA since sims is the only game I truly play that they make.
    [img][/img]001701c.gif

• vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    I’m confused? It sounded like they were talking about the sims online nickel and dime game? Did I miss something? Because if sims 5 is multiplayer then I have no interest in the game and will just cut ties with EA since sims is the only game I truly play that they make.

You tell em... stick to the man lol
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member

Oh man, I hope they also remaster some older sims games because this is one that I will not touch with a 10 foot pole. Think the Sims 3 store is bad? Enjoy your microtransactions on steroids, folks.

Andrew, or as Jim Sterling calls him, Android Wilson ... no. I just do not agree with his views on multiplayer at all. But it will save me a LOT of money if they really do go this direction.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    I called it first. Enjoy sims 4 because 5 is going to be a modern mess. I can see it now, online bullying, microtransactions, shallow gameplay. And everything that comes with online games. Roblox2.0. But I'm sure the graphics will be stunning. :s

Even if single player is an option I don't like the direction it's going.

I'd worry single will be watered down so we want to go to multiplayer.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    Lemon405 wrote: »
    No thanks. I’m out. The whole “online multiplayer” idea is what RUINED Sims 4 to begin with.

If I want to roll with the 12 year old trolls and foul-mouthed brats that Mommy and Daddy aren’t supervising, I’ll go play Call of Duty or one of those other online multiplayer “games.”

You also have the option of playing single player mode though.
  • MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    I really hope the include all features in single player. I have no internet access at home and I've been a die hard Sims fan since the first one came out I'd hate to have to give it up because I don't have the access to play. 😭😭😭
  • tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    edited January 2020
    For me that would be great, I could play with my boyfriend and friends. I have played MMO for a while now and have enjoyed the social aspect of the game. Most of the individuals I have met are nice and helpful. I have yet to be bullied in the 10-12 years I have played MMO's.

I am currently on the fence, while I LOVED The Sims Online, it was one of my favorite games, if they go to the direction of that I'm all in, but I am afraid it will be mirco transactions and just not all around good -shrug-

EA is actually not doing a lot of micro transactions anymore. When Anthem was being released they were going to do that and got into trouble about it. Now on SWTOR we have a cartel shop but nothing that is something you have to have. I would love the Online giving me the chance to play with my boyfriend. He brought this for me and when I told him what I was doing, he said I wish I could play with you. and playing solo isn't all that it is cracked up to be. I can get bored quickly playing by myself. I have very limited time to play since I take care of my mom and would defintely love to have him playing with me.

I have actually stopped playing Sims 4 because of this. If they did this for Sims 5 then I would buy it but if not then I just not play Sims anymore. It is not worth it for me.
    Post edited by tmcevoy1121 on
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Felicity wrote: »

Oh man, I hope they also remaster some older sims games because this is one that I will not touch with a 10 foot pole. Think the Sims 3 store is bad? Enjoy your microtransactions on steroids, folks.

Andrew, or as Jim Sterling calls him, Android Wilson ... no. I just do not agree with his views on multiplayer at all. But it will save me a LOT of money if they really do go this direction.

I'd be ok-ish with a multiplayer option for those who want it (think dai/stardew valley), as long as S5 is focused on crafting a strong single player experience first, and keep the micro-transactions to the multiplayer (not that I agree with their usage).

If I'm to invest in S5, I want some of that deep, meaningful, and hilarious-at-times gameplay the series used to be known for. I feel S4 has the best BB & CAS, but am getting very tired of the live mode, and (as a millenial) I don't think I could stand another iteration of the millenial-only gameplay, especially if multiplayer was the sole focus.

That said, Mr Wilson's approach to multiplayer? Total yikes from me too. Also as an aussie with already bad internet (even with the nbn 😭) any online multiplayer game is just not an option.

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    If there is a new Sims game with both single player and multi player then I will leave multi player OFF and that is my final word on the matter.

I mean look at Olympus and what became The Sims 4.

Lessons should be learnt
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Sounds to me like he's saying he has plans to add some type of group neighborhood as a feature to the game in general. I didn't read that it'll be in TS5 and in fact I got the vibe he was referring to adding stuff to TS4. Just my opinion.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I hope this isn't true. I really don't want a multiplayer option. I'm so over multiplayer games. It's why I came back to the sims.

Same here. This is gonna be a mess an EA will lose money quickly.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited January 2020
    The Sims isn't meant to be an MMO. It works best as a game where the individual can customize and manipulate everything to their own personal liking. I really dont see this working out.

Hopefully Paralives is making a lot of progress and will be coming out soon.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    This is sad to see. I got stardew valley for Christmas and am having a blast playing it. But, when I played multi player with my daughter it was not fun...... too hard when you can’t pause the game, takes the control right out of your hands. To my way of thinking, they should just make two separate games.... who knows, I might like an online version too, but sims 4 has already lost so much depth in game play from the two previous versions. I would love to see a sims 2 on steroids....if it’s going to be online, then it should just be online. If I want an online game, I would probably go back to Runescape.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    The next Sims game will probably remain single player. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Wow, I totally forgot all about Sims Online! I gave it a try, but I didn't like the game and quit very quickly. I don't like multiplayer gaming. I wonder how they will make both an online and a single-player game. I guess the good thing is that there are a few years left before they switch to Sims 5 because Sims 4 still feels new to me. Every day I'm discovering something in the game I didn't know about.

One thing I do remember now from Sims Online is that I really loved that tomato station and I wish it was in Sims 4! It's the only thing I liked from Sims Online. Anyone else remember it? It was really addictive and fun.

The_Sims_Online_909.PNG

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    If the implementation of this idea is that the core is the usual single player but you can have your Sims visit specific areas that are "communal" and you can do stuff there with your existing Sims, then I'm good with it.

Provided that, as others pointed out, it's not essential to the single-player part of the game (and I'm guessing it wouldn't be since anyone on a kid account doesn't have access to online features) then sure, have that option for those who want it. The moment it dies for me is if the MMO comes with "you have to do this or you won't have access to "X" that is needed for your game".

I know there are people who'd even love to have the option to build a lot together or be able to have their Sims socialize with their friends' Sims so it makes sense that multiplayer as an additional feature is on the table for the next game version.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Bye bye sims
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Couple things to note, when he says generation, I think he's more referring to a generation of people. This is no way confirms sims 5, it never says the next main series sims game.

Secondly, if it is regarding sims 5, this is a pretty bad decision, did they learn nothing from Olympus?

The only thing I don't get, I've seen a lot of people who are rightfully unhappy with the sims 4, who expect the sims 5 to magically be better. It's Still EA, and it's still the same development team who worked on sims 4.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Let's keep an open mind guys. TS4 was going to be multiplayer but they rushed to fix it last minute which was why it was half finished when it was first released. Let's see what they can do.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    The only thing I don't get, I've seen a lot of people who are rightfully unhappy with the sims 4, who expect the sims 5 to magically be better. It's Still EA, and it's still the same development team who worked on sims 4.

And the same development team who worked on the previous Sims games. (At least some of them)
    I haven't seen anyone who expects it to be magically better but rather have hope based on their love for previous versions.
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    So_Money wrote: »
    I am not on board for this at all. Who thought this was a good idea?

Nobody. At least not in any official capacity. This is nothing more than some talk about prospective ideas and future philosophies.

I hope you’re right, because if they employ micro transactions I will be financially excluded from the new game. Not that I’m in any hurry to throw over Sims 4.

I echo that sentiment. But there are many other ways to integrate new social/online components, and I think some could actually be positive additions to the game.

Imagine being able to visit worlds created by other players, for example. I’d love that. Or being able to click someone’s Twitter link and have it take you directly to their world.

I don't want to visita anyones world, i don't want to interact with unknow people, no no no...
    It makes no sense. I want to create litros people, Control their livres, marry them tô meu own characters, etc etc It has nothing to do with multiplayer
    I mean, as long as the multiplayer is optional, it doesn't sound totally awful. But if the multiplayer stuff impedes on the single player aspect, that'll be a nightmare.

The problem tô me is that the online engine was what limites The Sims 4 so much. Thats why the worlds até smaller, non-customizable... Thats why our Sims até empty shells, because they were olanning for us tô be the Sims, tobpour ourselves Into them tô interact with real people inside the game...
    This is great in theory. I’m very worried! 😬 I see lots of issues and lots of low quality. You think it’s bad now.... oh sweet baby carrots, were in for some disappointment. Imagine your smartphone app games... 7.99 mini purchases and no substance to the game. Please let me be proven wrong.

Se have to balme the fool people who play The Sims Mobile. When we pay whats really worth for packs, they pay a thousand more in Mobile. Obviously the CEO likes it more. The Sims Mobile and The Sims Freeplay are killing the feanchise.