Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Y'all peep this...

https://t.co/RVnGqH1j4a?amp=1

Official announcement on the anniversary
Sims are Lit

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    edited January 2020
    EA’S CEO CONFIRMS A NEXT GENERATION SIMS GAME; MIGHT HAVE BOTH SINGLE-PLAYER AND MULTIPLAYER.

In the Third Quarter of FY2020 earnings call, Andrew Wilson was asked a question if Maxis has any plans of relaunching an online version of The Sims – like The Sims Online that was present from 2002 to 2008. Andrew Wilson gave an interesting answer, saying that Maxis is continuously thinking about The Sims for a new generation and that features from The Sims Online will become a part of that experience “in the years to come”.

Throughout his answer Andrew shared that, although they will always stay true to creation, escape, motivations and more (hinting at some of the keywords of an offline game), that they will also start to embrace a new social experience such as social interactions and competitions (as they were present in The Sims Online years ago) in a Sims experience in the years to come.

The Sims Community
    https://simscommunity.info
  • CBookCBook Posts: 87 Member
    EA’S CEO CONFIRMS A NEXT GENERATION SIMS GAME; MIGHT HAVE BOTH SINGLE-PLAYER AND MULTIPLAYER.

In the Third Quarter of FY2020 earnings call, Andrew Wilson was asked a question if Maxis has any plans of relaunching an online version of The Sims – like The Sims Online that was present from 2002 to 2008. Andrew Wilson gave an interesting answer, saying that Maxis is continuously thinking about The Sims for a new generation and that features from The Sims Online will become a part of that experience “in the years to come”.

Throughout his answer Andrew shared that, although they will always stay true to creation, escape, motivations and more (hinting at some of the keywords of an offline game), that they will also start to embrace a new social experience such as social interactions and competitions (as they were present in The Sims Online years ago) in a Sims experience in the years to come.

The Sims Community
    https://simscommunity.info

Did you just quote the article lol
    Sims are Lit
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    edited January 2020
    Did you just quote the article lol

Yes. To better facilitate discussion. :p
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    CBook wrote: »

This is just EA CEO answering a question at Q3 earnings call. It mentions nothing about an Anniversary announcement.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    there's definitely a game in the works but we been knew
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I said this in the other thread. If there is an option for both single player and multi player then multi player will be OFF
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    "Announcement" is a reach
  • SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    A patch would be cool but I expect nothing.

Honestly. Some already think of Sims5. Which isnt in development for a long time. I thought im already delusional by thinking it could come out 2023.
    I think 2024/5 could happen. But of course a part of me wishes to get it sooner. Another part of me wishes that they polish it to the limits so its not messy at release tho.
    Also imagine waiting for all those packs again...it took years for me to love sims 4 just because of all the patches and packs that werent out.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    CBook wrote: »

This is just EA CEO answering a question at Q3 earnings call. It mentions nothing about an Anniversary announcement.

It also doesn't mention a new game. It mentions developments on The Sims.