Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the best sims4 expansion pack in your opinion

13...Next

Comments

• phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    City Living
    I love clubs, I love seasons and the calendar even more, but I love City Living the most! Festivals break up the monotony, and I'm always giving out residence keys. My Sims's adult children (or parents, or significant others) walk in the house at all hours like they live there, but don't count against the 8-Sim limit. It's easier to keep relationships high when they just pop over every night, or when they call and invite me to get curry. Though I don't use all the features, the ones I do are a huge part of my gameplay.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Hyper_KeyHyper_Key Posts: 26 Member
    Seasons
    Season is always my favorite. I sat there for a few minutes, trying to think about what i value about all these expansions, but on all of them i just thought about the things i was missing.

That beign said, Seasons is the pack that i miss the least of, so i chose it. I actually prefer that the snow can't get that high anymore, but i miss that toddlers can't eat snow anymore, That was a funny thing in sims 2.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited January 2020
    Seasons
    Seasons followed by Cats and Dogs is what has livened up my game the most!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited January 2020
    Get Famous
    I love this pack! For my likes and play style this pack hits the target bulls eye. Everything about it is fun for me. At this point, I have everything else they made so far, this is the pack that keeps me playing. I have uni but I haven't sent a sim to school yet. I have all the others, yet I simply like what I like and just keep adding to my game because each pack has "Stuff" I love to give my sims "stuff", lol.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    Get to Work
    Tie between GTW and Seasons...not sure why so many throw shade at GTW...I feel like GTW gave us massive amounts of new game play with not only 3 interactive careers, but also with owning your own business or bakery.

Detective and Doctor are two careers I play all the time to this day.
  • MyTrueLoveTS1MyTrueLoveTS1 Posts: 32 Member
    Seasons
    :| But without Seasons It's the same day... every day.
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Seasons
    Although it's subtle, I've found seasons really helps to change up the game, adding in a bit of randomness with the weather system. BB and CAS are both beautiful, with toddlers actually being included in this pack.

Coming in a close second would be City Living - while apartments are super disappointing, BB/CAS are great, and there's a lot of gameplay hidden away in it too.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2020
    Island Living
    Island living is definitely one of my favorites but seasons will always be a staple favorite (probably for everyone)
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Get Together
    Get Together & Seasons tie.
    Windenburg is a big large beautiful world with a Medieval feel to it.
    Seasons because it changes the climate so it's not boring.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    Get Famous
    I chose Get Famous because I really missed my Rock Star from Sims3. I was trying to figure out a way to have my Sim make money while sharing his musical talents. City Living gave us a real singing skill, so that helped. I was also using for the first time the original Road to Fame mod. At that time, it was basically wrapped around modeling, acting and Simstagraham fame, but your Sim could gain fame. I uninstalled it when I learned GF was coming out, thinking I wouldn't need it. I've also noted that the fame system is far better than what we used to have. You don't just get famous knowing a celebrity, for instance. Hallelujah! I like how my Sim has to work his fundament off just to make it the Big Time, and that's as it should be.

On my own, I figured I could have my Sim sing at random places, the park, Karaoke, what have you and use the MCCC mod to 'pay' him. Then Sacrificial upgraded his Road to Fame mod to include Professional Singing. I'm happy as a clam. He's now able to put on concerts when he reaches a certain level of hit points as in his uploaded music is big on the charts.

I would have chosen Seasons, since I was among those anxiously awaiting a change in the weather, desperately awaiting that change in the weather, but although I do like quite a bit about this EP (I use that calendar, a lot) it rains almost constantly in my game. I have it set for two weeks per season. One is two short, four is too long. But, then it rains and is colder than it should be in the Spring. Something needs to be adjusted. Does anyone know of a mod?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Get Together
    100% GT
  • FiddelizFiddeliz Posts: 39 Member
    City Living
    I chose City Living because of the world and CAS. I play in San Myshuno a LOT even if my sims live in another world. And the flea market is just such a nice touch. The festivals are a bit boring, to be honest, and I do not dare to go to the humor festival, your sim might die lol. I have also replaced or renovated all of the communal lots, but that is necessary in all of the worlds.
    I do not own island living (yet) but I think it would suit me, hoping the festivals are better though.

Seasons would have been my first pick if it wasn't such a downgrade from TS3. I mean the week-long festivals in the park where you could earn tickets, compete, take seasonal photos together.. It was great. The holidays are just one day and also feel so mandatory, sometimes it's just stressful. But the weather aspect - of course - is vital in a life simulation game.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,323 Member
    Get Together
    Get Together for the club system.

It's hard to pick though, because I love specific aspects of most of the packs.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Seasons
    But I also love Cats and Dogs!
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame