Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get to Work retail needs big improvements

2...Next

Comments

• MrDictatorMrDictator Posts: 6 New Member
    * If you own a painting gallery and you've a "Sell 0/3 paintings" whim, you don't get any progress from your store.
    * If you have a "Earn 0/500 §" etc, you don't get any progress from your store.
    * Employees playing around with their cell-phones all too often even with a high work ethic.
    * Employees not doing what they've been assigned to do, just standing around. To my understand this has nothing to do with the work ethic because if that was the cause they'd be playing on their phones.
    * Not being able to admire paintings that you've up for sale.
    * Not being able to set working hours for your employees.
    * Your employees can't open the store.
    * You've to be in the same map/world to keep your store open and so you can't really multi-task and have it as an extra income.
    * Bug: If you've one of those music boxes on the wall outside of your store your employee(s) may go outside and dance to the music and when they're done with that they just stand there and don't get back to work.
  • BabyGirl4547BabyGirl4547 Posts: 5 New Member
    yyees and the whole waiting for a long time just to ring up simmers .. like why even have a for sure sale option if we cant really use it like that smh and don't get me started on the waiting time for your sim to follow orders -_-
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Always wondered what was the point of the tablets when they had perfectly good cash registers..
  • ParusoidParusoid Posts: 2 New Member
    I know this is old topic but so is the issue that still has not been adressed.

Retail is still broken:

Employes are talking and yaping their whole shift instead of doing their tasks (and no, this is not work ethic issue or first day at job issue, i actually spend time to experiment and even highest work ethic does not help. You cant scold them bc game thinks they are doing they job but clearly they are not)

Clients come to your shop and TALK IN GROUP TO STRANGERS instead of looking at things they are insterested in, buying them and go back to their homes (as it was in The Sims 2: Open for Bussines). I mean come on, who does that? I can understand the social part of the game is needed like in bars or parks, but this is SHOP for gods sake, you BUY things here, not socialize. Maxis did pretty good job in TS2: Open for Bussines why cant they just copy the scheme here. Its so simple. But NOOOOOOO lets just add some new chairs, fountains or other 🐸🐸🐸🐸 noone use
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2017
    iraeshin wrote: »
    Unfortunately Graham said on Twitter they have no plans to add functionality to the cash registers (so they could be used to ring up sims). It's a bummer, but just goes to show how important fan feedback is to the developers. I'd go out on a limb to say they probably have no plans for fixing the socializing employees as well.

using the cash register to ring up customers would be so cool!
    when I first got this ep, I was so confused how my sim just popped out an ipad? out of nowhere to ring up orders! lol
    but seriously, a line made in front of a cash register would so soooo soooo cool!

The only place that does that in real life I know of is the Apple Store.

I would have hoped as the game progresses with other Packs, Get to Work would become more fun... like Dine Out.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Ramsay16Ramsay16 Posts: 1 New Member
    Can someone help me

For the Sims 4 Get to Work. I’m having trouble with the detective career, for about 2 ½ years now, I have tried everything to get the detective board working, every time I click it, nothing happens, meaning I can’t play through the detective career at all, I have tried deleting origin and reinstalling everything and I have even changed computers, and the detective board still doesn’t work.
    it all started when I started a new game, and because it sends I’m so used to just saving straightaway. I didn’t realise that the board was halfway through the clues when I had even started from the beginning, so I think I saved over the error of what happened, but for the last two years, I haven’t been able to play the detective career at all. I have tried asking for help, and even the EA help section hasn’t been able to fix it. Please does anyone know what I could do? Thank you
  • Twinkle_StarTwinkle_Star Posts: 19 Member
    Set up a retail store that looks kind of like a Market. Sim is a collector and sells items found like gems and frogs etc. Making money a plenty until this happened.. Had about 480 in the business funds and at the end of closing she made 1153.. now in the business funds is showing 1127. Shes therefore missing around 506. I am removing signs, not replacing any stock. She sells only what she finds once. Theres no rent or anything on the retails stores is there? No other employees on the lot either. Im confused. Not transferred any funds to household either.
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    I definitely find it slower than I expected.

My biggest complaint is that the $ value of the item you're selling doesn't affect customers, only your markup.
    When it takes the same amount of time to sell 10 cupcakes as it does to sell a $2000 painting, why would I bother with the less profitable option?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I wish we could hire family members as employees.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • DarbutDarbut Posts: 34 Member
    edited March 2018
    I own a retail shop but when I opened I am not getting any customers dose anyone know what I am doing wrong or is this a glitch
  • Felicia_QueensFelicia_Queens Posts: 69 Member
    Why can't we have managers to run the place in our absence? I can't a a business mogul sim making money from multiple retail shops while sitting at home getting rich.
  • V_IceV_Ice Posts: 49 Member
    > @Darbut said:
    > I own a retail shop but when I opened I am not getting any customers dose anyone know what I am doing wrong or is this a glitch

You should try purchasing advertisements. Perhaps a few stands to place outside, others inside and an Online and Tv Marketing campaign.
    > @ElenPink said:
    > I wish we could hire family members as employees.
    >

Well, if your sim shackles with someone who has family members that don't live with you ... if they are unemployed you could technically 'hire them'.

But I know what you mean.
    > @Karilan said:
    > I definitely find it slower than I expected.
    >
    > My biggest complaint is that the $ value of the item you're selling doesn't affect customers, only your markup.
    > When it takes the same amount of time to sell 10 cupcakes as it does to sell a $2000 painting, why would I bother with the less profitable option?

That is one of my problems with the Retail feature as well. Customers who come to your bakery store should come because they have need to eat something and so prone to pay for the food willfully. The idea already exists in the game and you can see it at play when your sim goes to a bar or Dines Out. Sims will purchase food when hungry and drinks just because they can. I don't understand why a baker should convince sims to buy food ...

If anything, there should be more sims showing up ready to buy and and some that you may need to pitch a sale to.
    > @Parusoid said:
    > I know this is old topic but so is the issue that still has not been adressed.
    >
    > Retail is still broken:
    >
    > Employes are talking and yaping their whole shift instead of doing their tasks (and no, this is not work ethic issue or first day at job issue, i actually spend time to experiment and even highest work ethic does not help. You cant scold them bc game thinks they are doing they job but clearly they are not)
    >
    > Clients come to your shop and TALK IN GROUP TO STRANGERS instead of looking at things they are insterested in, buying them and go back to their homes (as it was in The Sims 2: Open for Bussines). I mean come on, who does that? I can understand the social part of the game is needed like in bars or parks, but this is SHOP for gods sake, you BUY things here, not socialize. Maxis did pretty good job in TS2: Open for Bussines why cant they just copy the scheme here. Its so simple. But NOOOOOOO lets just add some new chairs, fountains or other plum noone use

From how you are explaining the Sims 2, it sounds robotic. I've never played it but I don't think I would actually enjoy it. Retail in the Sims 4 needs to be updated, but I actually do prefer it set up this way.
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    While this thread's a bit old, there's some conversation sprouting here related to the expansion again. I'm going to leave the thread open keeping that in mind.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    Given that this thread is old but still open, and the sims team has recently been asking what we'd like to see next/how we'd like to have the game improved, I would like to throw out here that I would dearly love to have a venue type combined residential/retail. Many of us already play with shops that have an apartment for the owner a floor above, or in my case a spellcaster in a wagon with potion shop in front and living quarters in back, etc. However, such arrangements require us to have a blank dummy lot that--from a programming standpoint--is technically our sims' "home" and just sits there looking ugly and useless and being a literal waste of space. Since there are a fixed and finite number of lots in The Sims 4 (unlike some previous versions), this means that there is a high opportunity cost to this system, as empty lots our shopowners "live" on cannot be used as community lots or residential for sims who actually live there (in addition to making our worlds look blank and incomplete). The fact that a new type of residential lot was just released (tiny residential) gives me hope that there may be potential for more types of residential venue types in the future, and I hope that future includes retail/residential. Thanks for reading my suggestion.
  • uglytownieuglytownie Posts: 29 Member
    It's so frustrating that sims have to work so hard to sell something. Like, I've never walked into a bakery and been like "Tell me why I should buy this loaf of bread, Debbie."
    f9kiTE1.png
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    uglytownie wrote: »
    It's so frustrating that sims have to work so hard to sell something. Like, I've never walked into a bakery and been like "Tell me why I should buy this loaf of bread, Debbie."

Agreed. The curb appeal should raise faster
    Not slow as they currently now.
    IF a food has low price, then the curb appeal should be atlest 80% high, rather than zero at the beginning. I mean you had to spend whole day to convince them into buying a cupcake that cause 5 simoleons. If anything bigger objects should have a different buying appeal than small or even objects that can expire
  • MadameSimMadameSim Posts: 29 Member
    *bump*

I'd like to have the option to hire a manager for when my sim is away or, at the very least, a supervisor to help assist me in dealing with customers/employees.

Also, WHY CAN'T A HOUSEHOLD HAVE MORE THAN ONE BUSINESS???? What if both adults in a household want to own different businesses and run them separately?

This is so aggravating...
  • TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 113 Member
    MadameSim wrote: »
    *bump*

I'd like to have the option to hire a manager for when my sim is away or, at the very least, a supervisor to help assist me in dealing with customers/employees.

Also, WHY CAN'T A HOUSEHOLD HAVE MORE THAN ONE BUSINESS???? What if both adults in a household want to own different businesses and run them separately?

I'm pretty sure you can own multiple businesses
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    *bump*

Really? How? I would love to own more than one.

• TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 113 Member
    *bump*

Really? How? I would love to own more than one.

you can purchase another retail lot the same way you purchased the first one.
  • NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    *bump*

I would like to have a manager too.
    At I would like to have a automatic restock from inventory instead of manually do it.