Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Big GF Acting Issue

If this is already a reported bug, my apologies, I couldn't find the thread.

My sim is a Proper Celebrity (level 4) and whatever level 10 of the actress career is. She took the Captain Sigma gig because it pays the best, did the prep tasks until they all said complete and had the checkmark, and then went to work. I went with her because I enjoy watching her act. Well, she gets onstage to do a "Risky Shout Forbidden Words" and completely flubs it. Weird. I check the work tab and see that now all of her prep tasks say Not Started. She ended up getting a silver for that day because she had to play everything safe; every time I picked the risky option she messed up.

I wanted to see if this was a repeating issue (and was praying it wasn't) so I exited the game and repaired it, then opened it back up. I took the Captain Sigma gig again and did the prep tasks again. I finished all of the prep tasks in plenty of time, went with her to work, and the same thing happened. Not Started. I didn't even bother with the day, I just exited the game without saving because it's actually lowering her work performance to keep getting silvers.

Is this happening to anyone else? I don't know whether it's happening with other gigs or just this one, but it's extremely annoying.

Comments

• RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I've seen posts about this issue since the last update.
  • Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member
    @RedShoe7 oh boy. Not sure if that makes me feel better or worse.
  • sinrasinra Posts: 72 Member
    I've been experiencing this too. Right now I'm remedying it with the UI cheats extention mod by weerbesu so I can just check off the work tasks if they come up as not started when I get to the studio. So if you're okay with mods, try that for the time being.
  • ElenaBoleynElenaBoleyn Posts: 1,084 Member
    The bug is still going on even after the update that supposedly fixed it. I got the bug after getting Tiny Living Space which shouldn't have affected the acting stuff.
    tumblr_ngslmgsCVw1rsntc8o4_250.gif
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    I've got that problem too. That's my favorite career, so I hope they fix it soon.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    I had that happen to me. Have your sim stay home and do all the tasks. If they go anywhere it will reset them and you'll have to start over. Just keep them home until it's time for the show. Once you get to the studio, you'll have new tasks so the old ones can't reset.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Ugh I thought this was fixed 😔
  • MHsimsFanMHsimsFan Posts: 154 Member
    I've also noticed this has been happening lately to one of my sims. I thought it was weird that she flubbed the fix fridge scene and was electrocuted when she has level 8 in that skill. Good to know it's a glitch that's been widely reported. Maybe it will get fixed sooner and not later.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    I “heard” that if you complete the tasks and leave the lot, the game will no longer “show” that the tasks are completed but will still recognize that they are. So you don’t have to do them twice. I haven’t tested this but that’s what I heard from someone else up here.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I'm currently playing the acting career in the current generation I'm in and I have the same bug. I know some people have said that if you complete them at home and go to the studio they show as not started but they would still be completed despite that. This isn't the case at least for me. My sim will mess up the actions so what I ended up doing was completing as many of them at work and then doing the safe options for the ones that I didn't have time to complete at work.
  • ElenaBoleynElenaBoleyn Posts: 1,084 Member
    I'm currently playing the acting career in the current generation I'm in and I have the same bug. I know some people have said that if you complete them at home and go to the studio they show as not started but they would still be completed despite that. This isn't the case at least for me. My sim will mess up the actions so what I ended up doing was completing as many of them at work and then doing the safe options for the ones that I didn't have time to complete at work.

When I completed them at home, it still didn't register that I completed them and the sim would mess up on her stuff despite the fact I did finish the prep tasks. It's sad that there is that glitch because the famous pack is one of my favorite packs that is out.
    tumblr_ngslmgsCVw1rsntc8o4_250.gif