Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vote for your favorite CAS items (Vote now closed)

1234568...Next

Comments

• LunarChanelLunarChanel Posts: 34 Member
    Oh boy... it was really hard to pick no more than 15 options. But after a lot of thinking and narrowing things down, I decided on...

- #3 Hat
    - #26 Women's Top
    - #30 Women's Top
    - #34 Women's Top
    - #37 Boots
    - #38 Cat Boots
    - #41 Boots
    - #47 Women's Bottoms
    - #48 Women's Bottoms
    - #50 Men's Top
    - #52 Men's Top
    - #54 Men's Top
    - #59 Men's Bottom
    - #62 Men's Bottom
    - #64 Cat slippers

I don't play much with toddler or kids, so I didn't really bother to pick anything for them.

And I basically picked what would be most versatile for my game playing styles. And well, that's the above mentioned items.

I am absolutely in love with Boots #37 and Boots #41 though and I will be super sad if at least one of them doesn't make it into the pack.
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Ugghh... Don't get me wrong, nearly all the cast assets look like wonderful designs, but the male to female ratio in design style choices is really off... again, to the point it's practically sexist.
    Out of 20 hats, 10 are positively 'girly' (3,4,5,8,9,10,11,12,14,17), not suitable a 'masculine' for male sims, whereas there's only one (1) hat that would be strictly 'masculine' in design style for male sims (18). Any of the other 9 hats are probably gonna end up available as 'feminine' for female sims, and 'masculine' for male sims if chosen (1,2,6,7,13,15,16,19,20). Leaving very little choices specifically for male sims.
    The teen/adult/elder cas items that have gender styles assigned to them in the list under the images clearly show a bias in favor of female sims with 29 women's styles vs. only 15 men's styles to choose from.
    It also seems like cas asset 64 was originally designed along the other women's shoes for female sims only for whoever put this list together to note that there were no shoe options for male sims and may have thought that if you squint really hard (like completely close your eyes) they could pass them off as men's shoes so there would at least be one option in that category. 64 is not 'manly'/'masculine', and if chosen by this poll will probably end up available to female sims as 'feminine' anyway - like practically all men's shoes have been. I would have liked more men's shoes options to choose from.
    It's also not quite clear to me if these cas assets include all the clothing that are going to be available through the knitting skill. If so, I'd be a bit disappointed there are no gloves, scarfs, or socks.

This rant aside, I choose:
    With a side note that I'm happy toddlers finally got considered for inclusion in this (or any new) pack, but 15 picks are just not enough.
  • erineyAnnaDerineyAnnaD Posts: 1 New Member
    oh man i was hoping for way more "hand-made" type outfit choices. loved the socks and hats and those guys items though!
  • TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
    Number 52 got me interested. Still, the next pack better have a candy factory and a soda bottler.
  • flammablefruitflammablefruit Posts: 6 New Member
    I just chose all of the cats and dogs options...
  • VicariousHumanVicariousHuman Posts: 19 Member
    > @Dianesims said:
    > I like the idea of adding stuff for pets (I have Cats and Dogs), but as it is a SP and there are (very) few items already it doesn't seem fair for those who don't have Cats and Dogs. How about a "knit for...." option and if you have cats and dogs you'll be able to knit for your pets ?

This seems fair enough. I was really excited about the pet clothes, but after reading this I feel like its more considerable to the community to chose only human sim items. Being able to knit really simple items for pets like pet scarves, little hats or slippers, lol.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Ugh, that was so hard! I hope some wonderful cc creator makes a pack with all the items that don't get picked!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • maggidestomaggidesto Posts: 240 Member
    Male hair and clothes please
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited January 2020
    Didn't like the number restrictions. There were so many things I wanted to choose, that I didn't choose any hats and I would've liked to. I picked the men sweater and pants 59 with the string balls, dragon dog, kitty hanging ornament outfit, several toddler clothing, and maybe two shirts for females. It would've been nicer/easier to put in 20😅
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    edited January 2020
    I am afraid, but most people are voting for more female outfits than anything else...
    @AlbaWaterhouse Well, that was to be expected. There's always, if even, only a fair amount of a selection to choose from.

@zim24 You shouldn't have to apologize for it being "sexist", it's just factual.
  • MyTrueLoveTS1MyTrueLoveTS1 Posts: 32 Member
    > @Karababy52 said:
    > I don't know why, but I personally get the impression that this vote is just for CAS items that our Sims will not be knitting and available to wear whether your Sims knit or not. I believe (could be wrong) knitted items will be completely separate and unavailable until they are knitted and 'unlocked' in CAS and/or buy mode for any items not considered clothing such as; stuffed toys, blankets, pillows, etc.
    >
    > The reason I think this is because there's items in the vote that could not be knitted, such as the boots (the sock part could though) and/or clothing that appears to not be made with knit fabric, or at least it doesn't look like it. Hard to tell from the drawings.
    >
    > I hope I'm right, otherwise if this is all the clothing/accessories our Sims will be able to knit, that's very disappointing indeed.

^ I'm really hoping for the same!
    > @mika said:
    > I spent over 30 minutes trying to choose..this was difficult

Same here! I wrote down my rough draft picks just to change my idea of what would fit better with the pack, like 4 times!
    I also tried to pick 2 complete outfits for each age. It only makes sense to have the whole family included.
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > I don’t believe for one second that if the majority of people select mostly male clothing that they will deliver us a pack with ONLY male clothing. I don’t know why they try to make it seem that way. It doesn’t matter what we actually select, they will give us a variety. They will probably pick the most popular clothing from each age group, which means some of our votes will not count at all.

I've noticed most stuff packs come with around 30 CAS items along with around the same amount for Build/Buy. I'm really hoping the Gurus pick 30 items so that a greater number of the community members have more of a chance to get what they want.
    Really hoping...
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > I don’t believe for one second that if the majority of people select mostly male clothing that they will deliver us a pack with ONLY male clothing. I don’t know why they try to make it seem that way. It doesn’t matter what we actually select, they will give us a variety. They will probably pick the most popular clothing from each age group, which means some of our votes will not count at all.

I've noticed most stuff packs come with around 30 CAS items along with around the same amount for Build/Buy. I'm really hoping the Gurus pick 30 items so that a greater number of the community members have more of a chance to get what they want.
    Really hoping...

Is that just clothing though? I'm thinking we'll get some hair styles at some point as well that aren't in the vote and maybe some unlockable clothing you have to get by knitting? Maybe anyways lol.
  • ladybrixtonladybrixton Posts: 5 New Member
    Other than the women’s boots with the long knitted socks underneath, I didn’t like any of the women’s CAS. I was hoping for more knitted jumpers and cardigans to be honest (seeing as it’s a knitting pack) - big baggy ones, chic slim ones, jumper dresses and tunics to wear with leggings; this just felt weird and mismatched. Also not very attractive clothes full stop for women.

The female child clothing was the best in my opinion and voted for almost all of them.

Weird mix all round.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Overall I wasn't that impressed with the CAS, maybe I should have voted for Happy Haunts to get something more interesting. However I will probably find use for the clothes if I buy the pack. I agree with people saying that they probably already have an idea of how much female, male, child and toddler stuff is going to be in the pack. Personally the female clothes appealed to me most and I wanted to effect what gets picked in that quota. Same with the hats. The rest I don't care so much which ones they pick. Currently my favourite item is that blue hat number 2, think it's the most versatile of those that cover the ears.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    So only a week for this vote? Interesting. If it ends Monday, I hope we'll get the results by next Friday.

I'm not even sure how to feel about this vote. As much as I hope kids and toddlers will get a lot of content, I fear this CAS selection will be the same as always, 90% of clothes for women, and the rest dived among men, children, and toddlers (if they get anything). It would have been nice to at least get the top 4 highest voted options in each category for a truly equal selection. I just have a feeling I'm gonna be let down no matter what the results are. I really just hope the toddler jammies make since they really need more pjs.
  • Cary1213Cary1213 Posts: 91 Member
    edited September 2020

my picks my brother has a hat similar to number 2 and i can see 14 as a toddler hat
    and i love number 22 and i have a pair of shoe similar to 36 that look knitted that i wear around the house
    Post edited by Cary1213 on
    SvgJRlK.png
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    My gosh! So glad I made it just in time for this! Went rather equally for men, women and children but got pretty heavy on the toddler stuff (the selection was just super adorable and very much needed lol). Didn't bother with the pets.

38087992f23d5075fe2701e3003974b876ce76c2.png
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • cjsiebcjsieb Posts: 21 Member
    20, 26, 27, 32, 34, 42, 44, 45, 49, 54, 60, 63, 70, 73, 91.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited February 2020
    I went for things that are radically different to what we already have.

We do NOT have enough slippers for bedwear. And it's always nice to see more toddler clothes. The women's clothes are nice but we have so many of them to choose from already.

I also voted for two new Pet clothes, because I don't want us to stop getting them outside of Cats&Dogs, and so many people do have it. It's not like I'm saying "Hey, we need another MFP." One new pet item per animal wouldn't kill anybody, as long as we still get plenty of CAS.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    2, 25, 27,29, 41, 51, 53, 59, 62, 69, 73, 75, 77, 82, 86

I voted for anything that looked like keeping the Sims warm and protecting their necks in winter like scarves and balaclavas and some boots mainly. Comes from living in a cold climate I suppose!

I don't need any more dog outfits as probably we can knit some when the Stuff pack comes out?
  • uglytownieuglytownie Posts: 29 Member
    Deciding was so difficult but ALL the mens tops are amazing!
    f9kiTE1.png
  • SmallAureliusSmallAurelius Posts: 184 Member
    I voted for a lot of women's assets, but we need lots for males, tods, and children. Also kinda didn't vote for many shoes, but those bed-socks are cute.
  • Pupplylover2883Pupplylover2883 Posts: 25 Member
    i picked like all of them. it was so hard to only pick 15

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top