Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forum Connection Issues with Safari

LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
Hello, I was just wondering if it's just me or not having problems accessing using desktop Safari. I keep getting messages saying Safari couldn't get a stable connection the Sims Forums. It seems to work fine with phone Safari

Is anyone else been having this problem over the past few days? I think it's getting more frequent.

Comments

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Works fine on my phone, but I’m having the same problem with safari on my iPad. I just use google chrome on my iPad to access it and that works fine.
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    I’m starting to have it on my phone too.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey @Lyoufln @Kita5399 - would it be possible for you to share a screenshot of the message you are getting?
    Are you using the same internet connection when accessing from your desktop / iPad / iPhone?
    Hi @EA_Mai . I haven't seen the message for about a day (sorry!), but the screen that came up said something like "Safari cannot display this webpage because it cannot establish a secure connection to forums.thesims.com"

I apologize if that's not much help. I'm running Safari Version 13.0.5 on my Mac.
    edited January 2020
    Nothing to be sorry about, it's good, I'm glad to hear it's not happening anymore! :smiley:

I was testing to see if I could get the same message myself with no luck, that's why I was asking if you could provide more details to try to find the cause. But if it's gone, even better :)

Thanks for the info!
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Nothing to be sorry about, it's good, I'm glad to hear it's not happening anymore! :smiley:

I was testing to see if I could get the same message myself with no luck, that's why I was asking if you could provide more details to try to find the cause. But if it's gone, even better :)

Thanks for the info!

Thank you! :) If it starts happening again. I'll post here.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    @EA_Mai I don’t really get a message, there is a banner at the bottom suggesting I use Chrome (which I do now), but Safari just simply won’t load the website, it gives me a blank white screen. I’m not bothered by it as it works fine on my phone, and I can use Chrome now on the iPad.
    Thanks @Lyoufln!
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    @EA_Mai I don’t really get a message, there is a banner at the bottom suggesting I use Chrome (which I do now), but Safari just simply won’t load the website, it gives me a blank white screen. I’m not bothered by it as it works fine on my phone, and I can use Chrome now on the iPad.
    That's very strange! I'm testing on the latest version of iOS on an iPad (2017), maybe you have a different version of iOS? If you are happy on Chrome, don't let me bother you with more questions :smiley: But otherwise updating iOS if you can might help.