Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Challenge Mash-Up by EuphorialQueen

Comments

• Options
    alexxcaughtfirealexxcaughtfire Posts: 55 Member
    Been lurking for new challenges and what not as my play has gotten bland ive just been building and working on my not so berry, this sounds super fun to mix challenges cause I can never seem to STICK to just one it seems, I just might have to start this and soon (: Saving thank you!
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited March 2019
    I have been considering a new combination for a Challenge Mash-Up but have not decided what to include.
    Should it be a new #ChallengeMashUp thread? Or added to this one? Decisions - decisions . . . .more to come?
  • Options
    Aspirations List for Base Game and All Current Packs (Updated 22March2019 - StrangerVille
    Aspirations List for Base Game and All Current Packs (Updated March 2019 StrangerVille)
    01 Animal - Friend of the Animals (Cats & Dogs)
    02 Athletic - Bodybuilder
    03 Creativity - Painter / Writer / Musician / Master Actor (GF)
    04 Deviance - Public Enemy / Chief of Mischief
    05 Family - Four choices (Including Super Parent & Vampire Family)
    06 Food - Culinary / Mixology / Grilled Cheese (Unlocked)
    07 Fortune - Wealth / Property
    08 Knowledge - Three choices plus Master Vampire / Archaeology Scholar (JA)
    09 Location - City Native (City Living) / Mystery of StrangerVille (StrangerVille)
    10 Love - Serial Romantic / Soulmate
    11 Nature - Botanist / Fisherman / Curator / Outdoor Enthusiast (OR Pack) / Jungle Explorer (JA)
    12 Popularity - Joker / Friend / Party / Leader of the Pack / Good Vampire / World Famous Celebrity (GF)
  • Options
    Challenge and comment threads by @EuphorialQueen {Me} are checked on a regular basis.
    Rules for challenges are reviewed for potential updates each time new content is added to the game.
    Please feel free to comment if you have questions.
    26May2019 New options for traits, aspirations and interactions have been added to base game and beyond.
    Please feel free to incorporate these into your game.
  • Options
    There are no plans to edit / update this challenge but I may rework this #ChallengeMashUp to involve different content.
    I am slowly working on reformatting the original Rosebud and Rosebud 500K Solitaire challenges.
    Unfortunately the edit did not 'take' most likely due to the original posting date making it too old to edit.
    Links will be added when it is ready.
    In the meantime feel free to add components from new packs and create your own #ChallengeMashUp that you feel are in the spirit of the challenge.
    Thank you and have fun.

EQ
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    edited December 2019
    I’ve been working on a Challenge Mash-Up Legacy for the last year. I shared gen 1 and the start of gen 2 last year. The overall challenge is to get to 100 children. I have a mod that has a higher chance of getting multiples but I don’t try to influence it in any way.

Gen 1: started with founder Tatiana O’Reilly. She did the Teen Runaway Challenge (with extra difficulty in getting pregnant while still a teen), along with the 5x5 challenge for the housing. Started off with $0 and ended the generation, after selling off all the gems and stones found by her dogs, with $259,593! Naming theme: using a generator to find names that fitted with the rest.

Children (11): Cassidy Rhianna & Emily Serena, Milan James & Shayla Victoria, Chiara Elizabeth (heir), Xavier Theo & Savannah Lily & Leo Frederick, Austin Matteo & Isabella Fern, Brianna Grace. 2 singles, 3 sets of twins, one set of triplets.

Gen 2: Chiara was the heir. Toddler Mayhem (raise septuplets) and Tiny House/Big Family challenges. This caused problems because when Chiara came back from the hospital, the nursery was on the second floor and the father kept taking the babies out of the cribs and taking them back down to the ground floor! Eventually, I had to reset him and send him home! Overall, the challenges worked fine and considering I was kind of doing a Child Prodigy Challenge too, where the children had to master at least 3 skills by the end of their teen years, it was very hectic! Naming theme: rare names/short names.

Children (7): Ashford Rohan & Beaumont Matthew & Soraya Eve & Sinclair Jaxon & Romilly Jane (co-heir) & Caleah Rose (co-heir) & Oriana May.

Gen 3: joint heirs Romilly and Caleah. Romilly had the Animal Adoption Challenge (had to run an adoption centre for dogs), and I was only allowed to use blueprints to create the house (Blueprint Challenge). Once I had a blueprint in place, I wasn’t allowed to change it except to put doors in. The only exception to this was a skill room. Naming themes: French names (Caleah) & Disney names/nature names (Romilly).

Children (7 - Romilly): Tiana Skye, Elsa Rose & Aurora Lily & Kristoff Rowan, Arthur Ocean & Belle Violet (heir), Flynn Sage
    (8 - Caleah): Aramis Leandre & Amalie Calantha, Floriana Aurore, Lancelot Andre & Lyra Elinore & Luc Henri, Cosette Marie & Claudette Fantine. 3 singles (2 plantsims), 3 sets of twins, 2 sets of triplets.

Gen 4: Belle is the current heir. Because of her traits, she is doing the No Technology Challenge. She also has to collect as many minor pets as possible (Animal Mayhem Challenge). Because she also has the proper trait, the naming theme was elegant names and virtue names, and all the children had to dress formally (girls in dresses, boys in shirts and trousers). She and her husband also had the tendency to sneak off and auto try for baby. A lot. So before I flagged her, she had 15 children, including 9 girls in a row!

Children (15): Archibald Prosper, Benedict Discovery & Caspian Fortune & Darius Loyal, Emiliana Faith & Felix True, Gabriella Dream & Hermione Bliss & Isadora Haven, Juliette Epiphany & Klarissa Liberty & Lilliana Verity, Minerva Serenity & Natalia Destiny, Olleana Charity. 2 singles, 2 sets of twins, 3 sets of triplets.

The heir will likely be one of Juliette, Klarissa or Lilliana. I’m taking them to do a university challenge and whoever completes it the fastest will be the heir. Depending on who wins, Lilliana will do the Loser Legacy Challenge (probably with the ISBI), Juliette will do the Dystopia Challenge, and I don’t know for Klarissa yet, except that I want to try out the Acrobat career. Naming theme will be hipster.

So after four generations, we’re at 48 children, and 9 challenges completed (or nearly completed)!
    Post edited by MayaRose1138 on
  • Options
    @MayaRose1138
    I am super impressed at how you have diversified to incorporate so many challenges into a #ChallengeMashUp masterpiece.
    Please keep us posted on your progress.

EQ Avid Sims Player
  • Options
    @MayaRose1138
    I am super impressed at how you have diversified to incorporate so many challenges into a #ChallengeMashUp masterpiece.
    Please keep us posted on your progress.

EQ Avid Sims Player

Thank you :). I decided that to keep things interesting, and to do stuff in the game that I’ve never tried before, I should do different challenges each generation. I’ve tried University before but have never tried to do the rebel/social/nerd thing deliberately, so that will be a challenge. Each of the triplets is going to do one branch, so that will keep them and myself busy! They still have seven days until aging up, so it will take a few days play to get there :)
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Hi Gang. Well, I am finally back and decided to do this challenge again with Milly. I am not sure what happened to my last save. I will post some pictures soon. I just finished the writer aspiration- Best Selling Author and the fortune one isn't far behind. I am also maxed at the writing skill. She has lost her weight again too. In order to keep things interesting, I am going to try and do some challenges over each generation. I have been doing this with some other families and I seem to last longer. Mainly I am just going to do the first four in Differences in the Family Tree. starting with the next generation. Milly already has goals.
  • Options
    @Glimmer50
    Good to see you :heart:
    Nice to see your comments here again.
    I ended up deleting a lot if older saves to start fresh.
    Have fun playing and keep us posted on your progress.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Milly completed the first stage. I don't know if anyone remembers her story. Here it is again.

Meet Milly Wheeler.

G6ALmZO.png

She is just an average looking gal who really wants to lose some weight. She was told that if she spent time in this house, it would help with that goal. She looked a little bewildered when they told her that she would be on a BigSims Brother show and would be watched day in and day out through the use of little cameras. "Maybe I should have read the fine print on that form they had me sign," she thought. "Don't worry, there are none in the bathroom," said the bigsims brother spokesperson.

Oy5app4.png

"Are you serious? Is THIS the house you want me to live in. But, but, you said it would have everything I needed." "It does", the spokesperson said. "Don't worry you will be fine."

"But is so SMALL. A TINY House. There is hardly any room." SIGH. Well, she needed to work on her painting and maybe she could get some writing done if she was left alone. Plus, the real bonus was with no access to junk food, she could finally obtain her goal of losing weight and maybe then she would have the confidence to meet someone special. Right now, she just felt BIG.

Probably because for most of her life, she was a thin person. Her father always told her that she was so cute and small. Everywhere she went people were always saying how small she was and how cute she was. But as she grew older and became a YA, she started to gain some weight.

After that, everywhere she went people commented on how they couldn't believe how big she was NOW. OMG what happened to you they would say? You were always so small. Her mother was the worst. She seemed to constantly make remarks about how big she was and how she never thought she would be big considering she was always so little as a teen. She can't even count how many times she went to bed crying about the mean things her mother said to her. When all the world is against you, you always think your mother will be there for you and she just wasn't. She seemed to have turned on her.

She is not sure what happened. Ever since she hit YA age she had steadily put on weight and one day she just woke up bigger. It just seemed to happen over night. Perhaps it was the stress of her job that made her eat all those grilled cheese sandwiches- her biggest weakness. Maybe it was the marriage to her childhood sweetheart that didn't quite work out that made her go for those bags of peanut butter SIMM&M's. But for whatever reason, she was big and she didn't feel loved or wanted by anyone. That is the main reason she chose solitude. To get away from everyone. To not have to hear those words ever again about how she was so big, who would want her? Those were the last words she remembered her mother ever saying to her before she ran away. Big tears welled in her eyes just thinking about it, but being a cheerful person she swallowed her tears, stuck out her chest and walked through the door of the tiny house.

Once she walked in, she heard a noise and when she turned around the door magically disappeared.

OzLCNSn.png

She felt a little frightened but she was determined to see this through. What have I gotten myself into she thought. But then she remembered the spokespersons last words which for some reason stayed in her head (why oh why couldn't she think of his name): This will be fun he said and she will be famous when it is over he said. Well, she didn't really care about being famous but she did care about being successful. Oh and one more thing he said, "You can't leave until you make 75,000 Simoleons." What??? Why oh why did she not read the fine print on that paper. She felt so stupid. As she stood alone in the dark, empty room she thought, well I better get started.

• Options

Every time she woke up and had on her baking outfit it was time to make baked goods.

deE6Etl.png

Every day she worked on the tread mill, she wrote books, painted and grew a few plants.
    ihaIpv4.png

Then one day it happened, the door opened and she saw the sun again

jWW5LXn.png

UzHkClm.png
    1fUeTZR.png
    5bJFawx.png
  • Options

I was really surprised but in spite of the fact she ate baked goods almost every day she still lost weight. After her stint in the house, she decided to move to Sulani and look for love. She had been alone long enough. She bought a small coconut farm. The house was a little run down and in need of some TLC but it was BIG and it was just looking for a family, like her so she bought it.

oV74oYm.png

The same day she was released from the house, there was a romantic festival in the city so she thought she would attend. Maybe she would find love there. She was so happy to be out of the house, it felt SO good.

AFW9LYi.png

These chop sticks are impossible to use by the way. Grrr.

s3pylgm.png

The one thing she didn't think about while she was in the house nor when she was released is how famous she had become. She had several best sellers but she just didn't think of herself as famous. But when she got to the festival she found out that she was indeed famous.

uHWbwyq.png

Can Milly find someone to love her, just for her and not her fame? Now that Milly is out of the house, what will she do for a job? She still needs money. The house she bought took most of it and it still needed decorating and the garden was not in the best of shape. Stay tuned for more of Milly's adventures. :)

• Options
    edited January 2020
    The university challenge part is going quite well at the moment but I realised that in getting Juliette to max out rebel influence and street art, she can’t do the Dystopia challenge because they require those two things to be at level 1. Oops 😬. So Juliette is out of the running for heir at the moment unless I can think of another challenge for her to do, or I decide to reset those two things.

Klarissa is in the lead out of the other two, just reaching level 8 jock influence, and I think I’ve come up with a challenge for her to do if she wins: the Showtime part of the Expansion Pack Challenge. Level 10 Acrobat, perform at certain venues, be a DJ, hire a sim-a-gram, summon a genie and have its baby :). I might even keep Juliette around and make her a singer, explore both of those careers at the same time. I can’t find any circus type challenges so maybe I’ll have to make my own!

Edit: or looking at things trying to find circus ideas, maybe I can incorporate all three into the heirship. If I have Klarissa be an acrobat, Juliette a singer, and Lilliana a fortune teller, there’s three careers I’ve never tried. Together, they can run a circus (found two nice cc lots where they can perform). I can still use the Showtime Challenge for the three of them, just divvy up who does what. And maybe only let them have one or two pregnancies each, and chose an heir from those kids to either do the Loser Legacy or Dystopia Challenge. Hmmm, more thought is required....
  • Options
    @Glimmer50
    @MayaRose1138
    Love following you both on your journey thru the challenge.
    :smiley:
    I had almost forgotten about the circus a activities in Sims 3. It will be fun to hear how you work that out.
  • Options
    Add a fun twist by starting with a tiny home.
    The Sims™ 4 Tiny Living Stuff Pack
    Available January 21, 2020, on PC and Mac and February 4, 2020, for Xbox One and PlayStation®4.
    Learn more about this Stuff Pack: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/packs/stuff-packs/the-sims-4-tiny-living
    Read the blog: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/tiny-living-reveal
  • Options
    @EuphorialQueen - that new pack sounds interesting! I like tiny houses! For the new generation, I’m having them live in caravans that have a toilet and shower (in a 4x1 bathroom), a bed, a couch, tv, bookshelf, dresser, desk and sink. The girls each have one. I also have a kitchen/dining room caravan as well. The caravans are about 10x4 in size. When any of them have children, I’ll either build a separate caravan for the kids or have ‘loft’ bedrooms!

Juliette technically won the heirship for generation 5 - she was the first to level up social influence (rebel) and a skill (street art), both of which I’d never tried before. She even did a protest about atoms 😂. Lilliana came second (nerd and alchemy), and Klarissa only got to level 9 in social networking (but mastered jock influence). Klarissa threw a few parties, which were all successful -the first one got broken up by the police! - and Juliette was invited to a party almost every night.

I moved them back home and then into the caravan park. Their household funds had been $511,555 but after moving them out, and leaving the majority of the money behind, they have $42,641. Considering Belle had started off with $59,861 at the start of gen 4, she earns an awful lot of money through writing books! I think she managed about 25 or so! I had trouble with getting gen 5 into their careers - my game crashed 4 times yesterday!! Sometimes, I get days like that and then the next day works fine, so hopefully, I can get some time in today and get them all started! I don’t want to have to move towns again so soon, and Dragon Valley is usually pretty good, except somehow I’ve turned off pregnancies for the town and no matter what I do, I can’t fix it!

On a totally unrelated note, I have my age settings set for 107 days (2 for babies, 4 for toddlers, 9 for children and teens, then I can’t remember for the rest but it totals 81). Three of the gen 3 septuplets died when they reached that age. Their father, Benji, who was 35 days old when they were born, died the next day at age 143!!! He had been born two days before gen 2 heir Chiara, who died at 108 days - 33 days before Benji! I think he has to be the oldest sim I know of in my game, who isn’t a genie or fairy!

Gen 1 founder, Tatiana, didn’t start aging until day 14, her YA birthday, and then lived for another 85 days, so I think she would have been 111 days. Chiara was 108, Caleah was 107, Romilly is still alive at 117, and Belle would currently be 76. The oldest actual descendent of Tatiana has been eldest daughter Cassidy, at 128 days. The third generation, so far, have all died under 120 days. Two of that generation, who are around 100 days old, are genies so they’ve just had their adult birthday ☺️. There’s eight elders in the family at the moment, and the first of generation 4 are 85 days old, so they should be getting close to their elder birthdays.
  • Options
    Well, I found the cause of the crashing - the cc circus lot I downloaded! So I had to create my own circus tent, which is inelegant but it works. Juliette and Klarissa have been working hard in their careers, trying to get a gig every night. I eventually had to put in two private venues, and Klarissa leveled up to level 10 while performing at one! Juliette isn’t far behind, almost at level 9. Unfortunately, she’s met the man of her dreams and just got married :). And because my sims like to woohoo while I’m not watching, and especially TFB, there’s a baby on the way!! I’m hoping my game isn’t going to be one where having a child messes the career up and they can no longer get gigs.

Klarissa has just bought the genie lamp but unfortunately isn’t attracted to the genie :(. I was hoping she would be to try for a genie/witch hybrid baby but I will have to keep trying to force them together. Lilliana has been asked on plenty of dates but nothing ever happens. She had just gone on one with Robin Banks (I love the name!) and I’m going to try and get them together. She’s still only at level 4 of her career though, so that will take a while.

The caravans are working well except for when I accidentally scheduled Juliette’s bachelorette party there! The strippers (two of them) decided to dance in one of the caravans and of course, not all the guests could get in!! This was the second attempt at the party (the first one didn’t save because of a game crash) so I didn’t get pics, and it didn’t go as well as the first one. But anyway, Juliette and her beloved got married later and that was the main thing.
  • Options
    @MayaRose1138 W0W ! What a ride. :wink: I do miss the circus performers and Genie. A genie/witch hybrid baby would be so cool. Congrats on the new baby. Hopefully that will not be a bad thing for her career. Will there another performer in the family?
  • Options
    Aspirations List for Base Game and All Current Packs Updated 29January2020
    Aspirations Jan 2020 Discover University / Tiny Living
    01 Animal - Friend of the Animals (Cats & Dogs)
    02 Athletic - Bodybuilder
    03 Creativity - Painter / Writer / Musician / Master Actor (GF)
    04 Deviance - Public Enemy / Chief of Mischief
    05 Family - Four choices (Including Super Parent & Vampire Family)
    06 Food - Culinary / Mixology / Grilled Cheese (Unlocked)
    07 Fortune - Wealth / Property
    08 Knowledge - Three choices plus Master Vampire / Archaeology Scholar (JA) / Spellcraft & Sorcery (ROM) /Academic (DU)
    09 Location - City Native (City Living) / Mystery of StrangerVille (StrangerVille) / Beach Life (IL)
    10 Love - Serial Romantic / Soulmate
    11 Nature - Botanist / Fisherman / Curator / Outdoor Enthusiast (OR Pack) / Jungle Explorer (JA) / Purveyor of Potions (ROM)
    12 Popularity - Joker / Friend / Party / Leader of the Pack / Good Vampire / World Famous Celebrity (GF)
  • Options
    SimCaveSimCave Posts: 86 Member
    edited January 2020
    Sims 4 Room Challenge by @katoregama (with tiny house lot enabled)
    Bachelor/Bachelorette Challenge to find mate (My own version)
    Rosebud Challenge by @EuphorialQueen
    Highlander Crest by @BUTTONSGINGER
    The Wonder Child Challenge by @ImagingMystic
    The Sims 4 Legacy Challenge by @Pinstar1161 (Five Generations)

:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top