Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I've just learned that you can save the size of your sims' feet!

I thought that all Sims have the same size feet
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Lquinn wrote: ยป
    I've just learned that you can save the size of your sims' feet!

I thought that all Sims have the same size feet

There's a foot size slider in cas :)
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I didn't know that when kids and teens are in school, you can click on the icon and change the behaviour to make friends and they will meet new kids/teens and sometimes bring them home after school.
    I didn't know that when kids and teens are in school, you can click on the icon and change the behaviour to make friends and they will meet new kids/teens and sometimes bring them home after school.

You can but it affects grade performance...same as you can make them study hard to get better grades but they will become tense.

You can do this for Sims at work too
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

You can but it affects grade performance...same as you can make them study hard to get better grades but they will become tense.

You can do this for Sims at work too

ooh I didn't realize either of those, I'll have to check their school grades, they've just been socializing all day for days now lol, thanks for letting me know. I always thought it only built up their social meter like when they chat on the computer, so I've only ever used the study hard option.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    In all my Sims 4 playing I never realized the book "Point Farmer No More" was a tease at Simguru Grant & his dog Peaches lol. Only actually read the description yesterday.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I found out today that the update pre-Tiny Living Pack gave the decor item books the Bookcase interaction! I suspect that's for those who actually make tiny homes. Lol. LOVE IT!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    I found out today that the update pre-Tiny Living Pack gave the decor item books the Bookcase interaction! I suspect that's for those who actually make tiny homes. Lol. LOVE IT!

I noticed that too. It's funny. I put that decor item books on a table next to the bed, but have a big bookcase out in the main living area. When the sims want to read, that always take it off the big bookcase, then put the book away on the tiny decor one next to the bed, which is actually further away than the big bookcase.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited January 2020
    I learned that Sims that are also leashed to a dog can in fact still slip and fall on the mud lol.
    Post edited by Bearpal64 on
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I learned that Sims can that A Sim leashed to a dog can in fact still slip and fall on the mud lol.

That can happen without pets around too.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    That you can actually somewhat place things under stairs and they still work, I swear in the past if you placed a door or any furniture under a staircase they were completely unusable but I think they must've added more support in a patch
    I didn't realize that with a higher imagination skill (children) there are different actions on dollhouses.

My Sim Rene can now "Narrate Tale of the Dolls" while using the Dollhouse.
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    kids (idk if teens get this moodlet) will get a VERY adorable moodlet the day before harvestfest in your game, all sims can get a food coma moodlet (i felt that lol), and sometimes after you put a toddler to bed, you'll let a "the little one is finally asleep" happy moodlet
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I didn't realize that with a higher imagination skill (children) there are different actions on dollhouses.

My Sim Rene can now "Narrate Tale of the Dolls" while using the Dollhouse.

Personally I wish that if got full skill they would "Narrate Game Of Dolls" ;)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I just noticed that in the Zebra Fizz drink there are light and dark waves/stripes rising from the bottom of the glass. Matches the name!
    I didn't know that if you have Seasons children can use the phone to buy gifts .

In my game kids can't use the fridge to grab a quick meal (they CAN do it automatically if they are hungry enough I just can't direct them to) so I can use the phone to buy apples, pomegranates and potatoes to eat lol.
    I didn't know that drinking a glass of water can make a Sim 'playful' for a few hours. Weird.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

I didn't know that you can use Mind Control (SimRay) on children ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿค”
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    > @Jasonschick80 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You can also romance Patchy, add to family and have children with them ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

omg lol. I wonder what abilities would the scarecrow kid have.. summon birds, seed packets, max gardening...

So far all mine have been regular kids, except for the ones who were vamps because their mom was a vamp. And Patchy was...hawwwwt...in human form, though a bit boyish. I want to do it again with a different Patchy and see if they are all the same under the outfit, the way reapers are, for looks, though not personality and aspirations. OR, apparently, genetics. One reaper gave Cassandra goth a red-haired, pale-skinned son, so his genetics under the default dusky, preternaturally wide-eyed, angel-faced Reaper skin, might have been a pale redhaired guy. Another time, he fathered a dusky-skinned purple-haired daughter with a human-alien hybrid mom, and that daughter was exceptionally good-looking and fashionable.

I love playing with genetics with Reapers and such. I wonder if the method I found to exploit, to make it still possible to woohoo/conceive by the Reaper still works? It worked as of this fall. Off to try again..
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    > @Jasonschick80 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You can also romance Patchy, add to family and have children with them ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

omg lol. I wonder what abilities would the scarecrow kid have.. summon birds, seed packets, max gardening...

So far all mine have been regular kids, except for the ones who were vamps because their mom was a vamp. And Patchy was...hawwwwt...in human form, though a bit boyish. I want to do it again with a different Patchy and see if they are all the same under the outfit, the way reapers are, for looks, though not personality and aspirations. OR, apparently, genetics. One reaper gave Cassandra goth a red-haired, pale-skinned son, so his genetics under the default dusky, preternaturally wide-eyed, angel-faced Reaper skin, might have been a pale redhaired guy. Another time, he fathered a dusky-skinned purple-haired daughter with a human-alien hybrid mom, and that daughter was exceptionally good-looking and fashionable.

I love playing with genetics with Reapers and such. I wonder if the method I found to exploit, to make it still possible to woohoo/conceive by the Reaper still works? It worked as of this fall. Off to try again..

Please let us know! And tell us how to do it :)
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I found out that my Sim can't go on vacation while enrolled in University. I was going to have her work on one of the Jungle Adventure or Outdoor Retreat aspirations on the weekends but she can't go. Instead I got her a tent so she could go fishing at the hidden locations.

I don't know if I dreamt it, read it or heard about it but I have it in my my brain that if you add an emotion berry as a laundry additive your Sim gets the emotion for 24 hours or until they change clothes. Being focused for fishing would be perfect but she can't go on vacation and I don't want to cheat. Does anyone know if this is true or not?
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    edited February 2020
    kids can and will autonomously 'check up on' their parents, and when a baby finally falls asleep, one of the parents may get a 'new baby' moodlet (it's almost the same thing as the previous little one moodlet that i posted yesterday). ANDDD yes suprisingly, sims can get a happy 'new sibling' moodlet after a baby is born. this had me in SHOCK because i have never and i mean NEVERRRRRR had a younger sim be happy about a new baby... so cute. you got me ea.
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
    kids can and will autonomously 'check up on' their parents, and when a baby finally falls asleep, one of the parents may get a 'new baby' moodlet (it's almost the same thing as the previous little one moodlet that i posted yesterday). ANDDD yes suprisingly, sims can get a happy 'new sibling' moodlet after a baby is born. this had me in SHOCK because i have never and i mean NEVERRRRRR had a younger sim be happy about a new baby... so cute. you got me ea.

I play kids a lot and the happy about a new sibling has always been one of my favs. I get it quite a bit but they can also be angry about the new sibling though lol
    EPqBWtCUYAERaNx.jpg

I didn't know that SimCity Cheesecake can be used as a birthday cake and a wedding cake lol ๐ŸŽ‚
    @AnnLee87 @SimAlexandria I usually get the toddler hates a new baby sibling, haha!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top