Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

do you think that the gurus are planning something for the anniversary

the sims are turning 20 do you think they're planning something big or will it just be every other year and they just give the sims origin sale? i think it would be cool if they brought the sims 1 to origin because there are games that is older on origin and there are simmers out there that never played the sims 1 because they weren't around, never knew it was a thing or that they lost their disc/no cd drive laptop like mine. or it would be cool if they would have something that we been wanting for awhile in the sims (bunkbed, actual babies, ladders, different stairs)
8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Most likely this "The sims is turning 20 years old, and all we got is this lousy shirt."
    I am not expecting a lot, because it will most likely be a shirt...
    BUT I would adore if they brought TS1 to origin <3
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/971638/do-you-think-well-get-something-big-for-the-sims-20th-anniversary/p1

There's a thread here if you want to read everyone's ideas on this topic.

Myself I think we'll get a good patch with something like babies, or something. I don't think bunk beds or stairs since we just got the stair patch a couple months ago and I think bunk beds would have been released with tiny living if they were ready. I'll think they'll come, just not yet. )
  • LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    Oh my god, if they brought TS1 or TS2 to origin I would be eternally grateful!!!
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I would love if they added NPC’s like firefighters, police, burglars, etc back to the game. I miss them a lot :blush:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Oh my god, if they brought TS1 or TS2 to origin I would be eternally grateful!!!

They do for TS2 my dude / ette<3.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2020
    A tweet it's what we'll get, and maybe a new render.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    They already gave us that 50% off AGAIN (so boring). I’m pretty sure that’s all we will get.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member

Am presuming you mean Ultimate Collection. Problem is that is not fully compatable with Windows 10, needing assorted repairs to do it. Fortunately, the necessary threads are in the TS2 section of the forums, which were a game saver for me when I got it. It's also not regularly available any longer. The only reason I could get it is because I could show the rep I have the disk version, which won't load on Win 10. He then gave me the appropiate key code.

Would love to see TS1 available, and TS2 fully win 10 compatable. Doubt we'll get either as that involves a lot of work.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    They already gave us that 50% off AGAIN (so boring). I’m pretty sure that’s all we will get.

Fully agree, and maybe a t shirt and the obligatory notice in the news section congratulating themselves. Scrooge is generous in comparison.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Something? Yes. Something interesting? Doubt it.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

Am presuming you mean Ultimate Collection. Problem is that is not fully compatable with Windows 10, needing assorted repairs to do it. Fortunately, the necessary threads are in the TS2 section of the forums, which were a game saver for me when I got it. It's also not regularly available any longer. The only reason I could get it is because I could show the rep I have the disk version, which won't load on Win 10. He then gave me the appropiate key code.

Would love to see TS1 available, and TS2 fully win 10 compatable. Doubt we'll get either as that involves a lot of work.

The origin download version works perfect with Windows 10 on my comp with no fixes or issues. But yeah I don't think it's available anymore. I really wish I could somehow give someone my copy of it as I don't care for that version. :(
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I hope they plan something exciting, but I'll probably be satisfied no matter what it is; I really like the anniversary shirts!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    I don’t want to say no... but... it’s a no. I agree it’ll be something ‘like’ a shirt. They’ve done a lot in the beginning of the year already, so I’m pretty sure their going to be very over the top about the year as a whole if anything. Than accompany it with goody bag notions.

That’s okay. I still love you guys.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

I hope not @Chazzzy ! For the 20th anniversary, if it's a sale, they should include sims 3 and they didn't...
  • vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    edited January 2020
    telmarina wrote: »

I hope not @Chazzzy ! For the 20th anniversary, if it's a sale, they should include sims 3 and they didn't...

Free sims 4 base game is what we got! With 50% off packs/add-ons. While pushing the latest pack: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-01-08-the-sims-4-aims-for-millenial-realism-with-tiny-living-pack . They have to sell in order to give us what we “want” even if it’s not 100% versions of what we want. I always hear complaints about packs after they come out “not complete”, “to many bugs/issues”, “money driven” all very very true. It’s a company! It’s bothersome; yes, I totally get it. They have to follow some type of recipe. Following the Sims game you notice patterns which gets kinda insane expecting different results. Sucks for me being a console player because I never hit the “deals” I’ve bought everything from the sims at full price kinda disappointed in myself for that, but also hoping my extra dollars are going to pay off where they just wow me.... I’m waiting for tiny living to hit console. I will buy it because I’m dedicated but after watching it in the community I’m kind of already over it. I already challenged myself and made a tiny house, it’s just chillin in my gallery with base game items and no cheats or resizing under 20,000 made for three sims to live in.... soooo kinda lost the excitement I had in the beginning. I guess I’ll be paying for the perks that come from the pack, that can easily be mimicked through actual game play. Again something else to make the play easier. With (in my opinion) less game play hence less involvement, equals bored!

This year I’m hoping it’ll be “the biggest year yet” (as advertised) and has been said to be every year. I’m just hoping I (using “I” so no ones feelings get hurt) can get excited about this game and actually be excited playing it. It’s falling off! Either way someone’s getting paid and newbies are getting free content and your welcome. #imbitter
    Post edited by vincentvega8899 on