Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack Voting Round 3

AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
First of all...only being able to choose 15 selections s.u.c.k.s. You know what else s.u.c.k.s? The selections....😐🤡
ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

Comments

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Couldn't agree more. The options aren't that great. I don't even want to think what will be the next vote is going to be like. They really need to step up their 'game'. The only interesting survey for this particular project was the first one (for the whole concept of the community project).
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    The only things I voted for were the children and toddler clothing.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. The options aren't that great. I don't even want to think what will be the next vote is going to be like. They really need to step up their 'game'. The only interesting survey for this particular project was the first one (for the whole concept of the community project).

Anyone that knows me on the forums knows I buy every pack just because....but if the clothes are gonna look like THAT? I actually might not buy it, depending on how exactly the gameplay item works then maybe. But so far 👎 maybe the build buy will redeem itself like in Tiny Living....

LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    The only things I voted for were the children and toddler clothing.

Honestly I should have done that but Ugh 🤦‍♀️

• LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited January 2020
    We already know how this is gonna end anyway... they're just gonna shove all the adult female outfits and hairstyles they can. Men will get like one shirt and MAYBE a pair of pants... children will get a shirt and a pair of pants (which will be available for both genders), along with a shirt exclusively for girls. Toddlers will get nothing.

I legitimately feel bad for people who actually think EA's allowing them to have a say in what the next pack's content will be... it's sad how EA would manipulate their fans like this.

Also, I notice they're gonna be doing DLC for DLC again... by including content for cats and dogs that won't even be accessible to players without also having that expansion pack installed. Then again, I'm not surprised.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    We already know how this is gonna end anyway... they're just gonna shove all the adult female outfits and hairstyles they can. Men will get like one shirt and MAYBE a pair of pants... children will get a shirt and a pair of pants (which will be available for both genders), along with a shirt exclusively for girls. Toddlers will get nothing.

I legitimately feel bad for people who actually think EA's allowing them to have a say in what the next pack's content will be... it's sad how EA would manipulate their fans like this.

Also, I notice they're gonna be doing DLC for DLC again... by including content for cats and dogs that won't even be accessible to players without also having that expansion pack installed. Then again, I'm not surprised.

Only if people vote for it. I was surprised to see it on there as an option at all though because if they do add those items in, doesn't that mean less sales for them because they can't port it to consoles?

Personally I thought most of the clothing (including the pet outfits) looked an awful lot like things we already have in the game, depending on how many and what packs you own. The only things really different were some hat styles and those socks/booties footwear (not sure what to call those ha!). I also don't own all of the packs so maybe there's actually more stuff that's out there already than just the things that I recognized.

I tried to pick only brand new looking items and honestly, I couldn't even get to 10 without picking things that look like recolours or a slight difference like a button instead of a cord (for example).

For someone who owns most packs, so far, I don't see this pack adding anything to the game other than knitting. For me personally, it looks like one to skip so far, but I guess there's still a few more things to see yet. Of course there will be the usual sales of the people that just blindly buy it all anyways.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
    Camkat wrote: »

Only if people vote for it. I was surprised to see it on there as an option at all though because if they do add those items in, doesn't that mean less sales for them because they can't port it to consoles?

Personally I thought most of the clothing (including the pet outfits) looked an awful lot like things we already have in the game, depending on how many and what packs you own. The only things really different were some hat styles and those socks/booties footwear (not sure what to call those ha!). I also don't own all of the packs so maybe there's actually more stuff that's out there already than just the things that I recognized.

I tried to pick only brand new looking items and honestly, I couldn't even get to 10 without picking things that look like recolours or a slight difference like a button instead of a cord (for example).

For someone who owns most packs, so far, I don't see this pack adding anything to the game other than knitting. For me personally, it looks like one to skip so far, but I guess there's still a few more things to see yet. Of course there will be the usual sales of the people that just blindly buy it all anyways.

This entire pack is a ridiculous cash grab... because there's absolutely NO reason they couldn't give us a game or expansion pack that revolves around hobbies in general! They could've easily included ALL the stuff they had in the original survey, but they'd rather release them into their own individual $10 stuff packs... because money!

Sims 2: Freetime was an amazing expansion pack because it included a variety of hobbies! Meanwhile, in Sims 4, we're literally getting a pack just for knitting... which is ridiculous!

Also, as I said before, I feel bad for people who actually think we're getting a real say in what's included in the pack... because we were always gonna be getting knitting anyway, regardless of what the community voted for... that's what EA had in mind from the beginning and that's what EA wanted to release. Therefore, that's what we're getting...

I'm willing to bet that knitting didn't even win the actual poll, but EA never had any plans to do the other packs, so they decided to choose it anyway.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg

This entire pack is a ridiculous cash grab... because there's absolutely NO reason they couldn't give us a game or expansion pack that revolves around hobbies in general! They could've easily included ALL the stuff they had in the original survey, but they'd rather release them into their own individual $10 stuff packs... because money!

Sims 2: Freetime was an amazing expansion pack because it included a variety of hobbies! Meanwhile, in Sims 4, we're literally getting a pack just for knitting... which is ridiculous!

Also, as I said before, I feel bad for people who actually think we're getting a real say in what's included in the pack... because we were always gonna be getting knitting anyway, regardless of what the community voted for... that's what EA had in mind from the beginning and that's what EA wanted to release. Therefore, that's what we're getting...

I'm willing to bet that knitting didn't even win the actual poll, but EA never had any plans to do the other packs, so they decided to choose it anyway.

I 100% agree with this. All of the crafting options on that original survey sounded fun and I would have preferred any one of them to knitting. They could have easily created a hobby pack with all of the ideas, knitting included. A lot of people have been asking for this too. I for one, would have definitely bought a pack like that. I want more things for my sims to do, not just one more thing for them to do. :/
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yeah, i would prefer a hobbies pack... yesterday was my first time voting (i missed the other 2 votes) and i got disapointed with the clothing. Nothing new...
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    I voted for all the animal themed items. :)
    edited January 2020

I 100% agree with this. All of the crafting options on that original survey sounded fun and I would have preferred any one of them to knitting. They could have easily created a hobby pack with all of the ideas, knitting included. A lot of people have been asking for this too. I for one, would have definitely bought a pack like that. I want more things for my sims to do, not just one more thing for them to do. :/

This is exactly how I feel! I've been hoping they'd release a hobbies game pack since the beginning... but it looks like that's not gonna be happening. They're just gonna release each hobby in its own separate pack... which is very disappointing! :disappointed:

I personally wanted 'Happy Haunts', honestly... with the spirit board and tarot cards. That was probably the most unique option in the entire survey! Especially since we've never had something like that before...
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Occults are released one by one in different packs; vacations one by one in different packs; now also hobbies one by one in different packs...
    Not much to think here. Pretty obvious...
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    They really need to stop with these community packs if its just going to be vote for this ugly thing and we will pretend we're listening to you.
    The clothing alone proves they are not taking any advice on this pack from players their just putting out the predetermined outfits they were going to put out all along. This is why I put out that thread early on asking why does this community pack have no community involvement besides voting and here comes the clothing options proving they took none of the advice they were "taking notes of" and continued on with the clothing options they wanted.

And yes the clothing is so ugly I'd never use any of the hats or female clothing options the kids toddlers and males have a few useable items but we all know they will get the short end in CAS.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    Haha I remember watching that Tiny Living stream and the part where they were trying to convince us that the Knitting pack was strictly coincidence even though the clothing in Tiny Living fits knitting as well. The guy stated they will have to really try their best to give us unique clothing items since the styles are so similar between the 2 packs and they viewed it as a “challenge”.

Wellllll sorry to say but I think they failed. Don’t get me wrong, I like some of the items but they all look the same and they all look like the stuff I just paid for in the Tiny Living Pack.

You guys promised to step your design cookies up and you didn’t. You gave us more of the same. We hate to see it.

This is exactly how I feel! I've been hoping they'd release a hobbies game pack since the beginning... but it looks like that's not gonna be happening. They're just gonna release each hobby in its own separate pack... which is very disappointing! :disappointed:

I personally wanted 'Happy Haunts', honestly... with the spirit board and tarot cards. That was probably the most unique option in the entire survey! Especially since we've never had something like that before...

I voted exactly the same for happy haunts and for the very same reason! :D

I was also hoping that if the happy haunts won this then they would still make all the hobby/crafting options and put them in a game pack or expansion. I actually think, there could be a enough CAS/BB, game play ideas with a hobbies pack to make it into a full expansion.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    At this point in the game's development CAS and Build/Buy take a backseat to gameplay for me but there were several choices from each category that I thought were quite cute. I'm still trying to decide which to select.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    We should have had at lest 20 votes. It's a knitting pack for crying out loud. Why so limiting on the clothing?

I also agree that a lot of the options seemed out of place in a knitting pack and for a DIY theme, there weren't a lot of things that screamed DIY to me. My votes went to children, toddlers, and males along with 1 for each pet since they are the ones most desperate in need of clothing.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    ...sorry..I am just surprised that you agree on this (no offense) ... But yeah, totally agree, it is a dang shame :( , BUT I did vote for almost all the toddler clothes, a few hats, and two female items....I love the toddler clothes..but some of them ... eeecch...

OH also! I kept looking at this option UOMQfYJ.png and I was like "WAIT WE already have this one!! I know I do!" turns out I have some CC JUST LIKE this....starting to think they steal ideas from CC...but -shrugs-

100% agree, I much rather would have had a hobbies pack with a bunch of different hobbies including knitting. And my first choice was the science one I think, 🤔 Honestly don’t remember at this point.

...sorry..I am just surprised that you agree on this (no offense) ... But yeah, totally agree, it is a dang shame :( , BUT I did vote for almost all the toddler clothes, a few hats, and two female items....I love the toddler clothes..but some of them ... eeecch...

OH also! I kept looking at this option UOMQfYJ.png and I was like "WAIT WE already have this one!! I know I do!" turns out I have some CC JUST LIKE this....starting to think they steal ideas from CC...but -shrugs-

I’ve explained my reasoning on how I critique packs in another thread....

Those shorts are hideous 🤢

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I love the idea of this pack, but I'd also love a full hobbies expansion. I also agree I'd have liked to pick more items, but I think 15 is what we are getting here, hence the limit. I think the rest of CAS will be hairstyles or unlockables you get through knitting.

As for the designs though, I LOVE them. This was exactly what I was hoping for, and while I have favourites, I'd be happy with almost any of the picks here! After seeing this vote I am soooo excited for the pack now :D
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

I’ve explained my reasoning on how I critique packs in another thread....

Those shorts are hideous 🤢

Actually not gonna lie most all the choices are hideous.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm very happy with the choice of clothing! It was much better than the ugly granny options. :) I do wish we had a more exciting gameplay coming our way though... this is just like the Laundry pack where we had exciting options but everyone voted for a chore instead.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Not interested as I wish more for better features and that is my opinion as CAS items are an dime an dozen.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ButteredToastButteredToast Posts: 47 Member
    I tried to divide my vote equally among all categories. I am pretty pleased with the options. I love the comfort vibe with sweaters, dresses with pretty aprons and flats. I want my sims to be comfortable in clothes that actually cover most of their bodies while they knit.

I especially love the llama hats and the cat's outfit with a fish hanging over its head. IRL that will entertain the cat for hours! Love it!