Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we'll get something big for The Sims 20th anniversary?

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    I wish we get a big patch with some new fun objects or ts1 things or build mode additions or something but idk it might just be the shirt so im trying to keep expectations low
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    So here we are, at the 20th anninversary according to the origin launcher.. nothing yet. that would be anti-climatic, if the sims team had nothing going on this one. :tongue:
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    No, just a GIF or similar on The Sims official Twitter account
    Hoverael wrote: »
    So here we are, at the 20th anninversary according to the origin launcher.. nothing yet. that would be anti-climatic, if the sims team had nothing going on this one. :tongue:

February 4th is the real anniversary :P
    rudy8292 wrote: »

February 4th is the real anniversary :P

alright i'll check back then. thanks.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Other
    We've got sale on sims 4. Too bad there are no sales in sims 3 packs. It's the 20th anniversary. There should be sales in all iterations that are still being sold.
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    I have been away from the sims for nearly all of the sims 4...I picked up the sims 4 base game in 2014 but then i stopped playing..started again in the middle of October, 2019. I like how the sims 4 version has rounded out..this version seems to function smoother then the sims 3..although the open neighborhood for that series and the color wheel was nice..I hope the format for the sims 4 version stays relatively the same should sims 5 make it out. I wanted to catch up on what all happened in the last five years ..and I smiled to see not much has changed..folks can feel out of sorts with the presentation of some of the packs..but wow now we have the EPs ..game packs and stuff packs...that is such a good idea. Everyone must share more on Twitter then they do on the forums now I am guessing. I am so happy they fixed the tub/shower combos in the last update!! So hard to believe that EA will be celebrating 20 years with the sims..I started playing in 2001 and it is crazy now to see how far the sims has come along. It would appear that the decision for what will be in the anniversary patch has been decided..I was grateful for the survey we could take part in recently. I would really love to see ..slow dancing together..make a come back to this series. I can move my sim family between a home in Island Living and a main home to simulate a vacation but how fun would it be to have actual vacation destinations...I really like that idea..the camping we have now is nice but a beach would be a sweet alternative... so even if we could own a home in Island living ..not sure I would spell the name of that town correctly..and then a main home in a different town would suffice as a vacation.
  • Sakia90Sakia90 Posts: 46 Member
    edited January 2020
    I'm hoping for:
    TS3 64-bit (confirmed for Mac, but hoping for PC too)
    TS2 being on Origin again (and/or Steam), same for TS1
    TS5 being at least hinted at again (would love a full confirmation but they never do that...it's always hints :/)
    telmarina wrote: »
    We've got sale on sims 4. Too bad there are no sales in sims 3 packs. It's the 20th anniversary. There should be sales in all iterations that are still being sold.

I'm very curious about TS3, at least from what i've researched on and read about from others. I was almost tempted by the steam version earlier on (going on sale at 75% off, but nothing on Origin? Curious).
    But i just wonder why EA don't maintain a collection of their older games on origin outside of any subscriptions?

I now feel like i've finally reached a point where my interest in TS4 is finally ebbing away. So trying out the third iteration and see what it is about i hope can provide a new lease of interest for this series. so if there is something big going on for TS3 in this anniversary, that would be great.

• AllieSootieAllieSootie Posts: 450 Member
    I think we are going to get some new build/buy mode content and a few CAS items.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Other
    telmarina wrote: »

I'm very curious about TS3, at least from what i've researched on and read about from others. I was almost tempted by the steam version earlier on (going on sale at 75% off, but nothing on Origin? Curious).
    But i just wonder why EA don't maintain a collection of their older games on origin outside of any subscriptions?

I now feel like i've finally reached a point where my interest in TS4 is finally ebbing away. So trying out the third iteration and see what it is about i hope can provide a new lease of interest for this series. so if there is something big going on for TS3 in this anniversary, that would be great.

@Hoverael i like both sims 3 and 4. There are things that are better in 3, others are better in 4. But personally, i want sims with more personality. Sims 4 has added much more content and it doesn't feel so empty now (and ive bought almost all) but my sims act the same whatever traits i give them. And that is not doing it for me.
    About the 20th's anniversary sale, It would make all sense to sims 3 to be included. Im really sad about it.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes, a nice patch
    Seeing how small the last patch was and its the 20th anniversary I'm expecting something decent.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited January 2020
    I’m expecting either a gif, a few free items in a patch or for it to be just the Origin sale that’s just started. Would love them to actually have something exciting planned though. Here’s hoping!
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Yes, a nice patch
    The 4th Feb is a Tuesday which are usually patch days!

It better be cars or I'll walk! Well... maybe not but my Sims sure will.... still :neutral:
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    Other
    candy8 wrote: »
    I would like my Sims to have slow dancing and also dancing together not line dancing that is for old folks.

I think slowdancing would be saved for a game or expansion pack. Maxis dont give us romance stuff in free updates.
  • kieranpatton14kieranpatton14 Posts: 48 Member
    Yes, an announcement on something big like The Sims 5 being in development
    My gut feeling is telling me that The sims 5 will be mentioned. But it wont be like a trailer or screenshots etc. I feeling more of ( we are working on a new generation of Sims) coming late 2021/early 2022. I say that b/c of the leaks back in October 2018 of Maxis working on a game with HIGH visual detail and it was said in the Job ad that it was a SMALL Team. 2018-2021 is 3 YEARS. it takes normally 3-4 years to create a Sims game.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes, a nice patch
    The Sims was released on January 31st, 2000 in North America.
    We should start the celebration on the next Friday.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Yes, a nice patch
    Ideally hoping for bunk beds and a few other items we've been wanting. Would love to see certain overhauls but those are more resource heavy.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • SarahSoda9SarahSoda9 Posts: 19 Member
    Other
    Deals on packs likely will be what comes on the anniversary
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    Yes, a nice patch
    Connor accidentally talked about Bunk beds and Sleeping bags, it would be nice.
    edited January 2020
    Other
    SarahSoda9 wrote: »
    Deals on packs likely will be what comes on the anniversary

Their doing that now on Origin.
    Other

Sleeping bags would be awesome.
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Yes, a nice patch

Sleeping bags would be awesome.

I'm also hoping for sleeping bags/bunk beds!

I think because it is such a big anniversary, it'd be really disappointing if the patch didn't come with something new gameplay wise. I'm really hoping for a personality overhaul, but considering we just took the survey, I think that's a bit ambitious.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    edited January 2020

if they don't appear in update or pack in somewhat near future
    SimGuruConnor can change their twitter to ''SimGuruConMan''' :joy:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    If it’s an anniversary t-shirt I’m gonna bob a plum.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Yes, a nice patch
    My fingers are still crossed for the Sims 1 on Origin but for the Sims 4 I think we'll get something to do with either relationships or new/returning NPCs(Like Cumplebottom and burglars) or both based on the recent survey. Not a full fledged relationship overhaul yet as the survey was very recent but maybe an announcement about it.