Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 gender patch, and The Sims 5

As well as TS2implemented homosexual marriage, The Sims 3 Into The Future same-sex reproduction, The Sims 4 gender options, so we can make a male sims than can be pregnant or a female sim than can impregnate other sims...

The Sims 5 should bring our sims to next level: All sims dual gender (reproductive-wise), no matter if look male or female, always you have the option to try for baby, as all sims will be able to impregnate and be impregnated. As well for controlled sims, target sim become pregnant, and in case to implement story progression, at uncontrolled households, follow the "straight" rule for male and female couple, and random but one sim each time, for same-sex couples.

Comments

• tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    No thanks. Not in my style of play. Don't care about what you do but in my game play and the sims in my game no.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    ...no thanks....don't need this forced on me for TS5....
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited January 2020
    I would cast my vote for no, but I don't think I'd buy a Sims 5 anyways. I def. don't want it in Sims 4
    Post edited by SimAlexandria on
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I won't buy it if they do that. I don't want this forced on me.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    Nope-that would NEVER work.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    No, thank you. I prefer the traditional, biological way to be the default but to have the option to make our sims „other“.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    How about no?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I wouldn't mind intersex as a separate gender but gender doesn't bother me. However, it might be more difficult to have their stock models used as intersex than having just male and female basic body frames. We do have options of male with female frame or sitting while peeing for males we can have a female with a male frame now. These are options available.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • under_sun_and_skyunder_sun_and_sky Posts: 96 Member
    Why not have it as an option like we do for being able to impregnate/be impregnated? It doesn't have to be the default, but it could still be available to pick.
    tumblr_pg992c6rBP1r42s8uo1_400.gifv
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    How about no?

I was trying to sugar coat it 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2020
    Ehh, I actually don't always want to have that option available, think it should remain a CAS tool, like how it is now in the Sims 4, is fine.

I think what is Biologically Correct for male and female characters, should be default settings.
    I'm all for creating and customizing genders, because I do it for my twisted supernatural story purposes and fan fiction. so I would love the tools to achieve that. However I rather certain interactions only appear for the characters I intend to use it on, as if it were a unique trait.

I write my own Supernatural Lore such as:
    Spellcaster Males have to be very cautious when sleeping with other Male Werewolves and Daemons(Vampires).
    Human males especially, although humans they have no idea, may also be impregnated by Spellcasters, Daemons, Werewolves.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Playing with gender as an option is nice to be able to do. But getting rid of it entirely by making it meaningless and all Sims the same in that regard? Sounds like no fun to me.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited January 2020
    Senior Pollination Technician #3 (female alien) can impregnate Male sims and at the same time the Male sims impregnate Female sims.

It would be a way to formalize a feature which is already available in the game since The Sims 2 (2004).

The Sims 5 could have no gender, these Gender options would be available :
    • Body : Female/Male/Androgynous
    • Behavior : Feminine/Masculine
    • Clothing preferences : Feminine/Masculine/Both
    • Pregnancy : Impregnate/Be impregnated/Both

Keep in mind the game will keep on working the same way, just it adds more options for the players who care about them.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    I don't like this idea...

But at the same time, I can't say that isn't in The Sims 4. I had an opposite gender alien couple try for baby. Both of the aliens became pregnant by this and the woman gave birth to a boy while the man gave birth to twin girls. These were the times when Get to Work expansion pack was just released and alien abductions almost always resulted in male pregnancy.

But after the pre-Dine Out patch, I do support adding new gender options (like pronouns).
  • codylynnclarkcodylynnclark Posts: 11 New Member
    I actually didn't know that about Into the Future and would like a feature like that in the game. My same-sex couples all have biological children through either CAS or the impregnate/be impregnated options, but I would really like a way to do it in game for two Sims I consider cisgendered.

I like being able to modify the genders in TS4 and would like more androgynous options and for clothing to fit better on their "opposite" frames, but I'd rather keep the ability to choose each Sim's gender & reproduction settings myself than for everyone to be dual- or agender.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Although I was happy with the gender changes that were made to the Sims 4, having male Sims get pregnant or female Sims impregnating does not seem realistic. Let's see where science is in 25 years.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited January 2020
    Lquinn wrote: »
    Let's see where science is in 25 years.

So far? B)
    Trasplante de útero a mujeres trans para quedar embarazadas podría ser una realidad
    Uterus transplant for trans women to get pregnant could be a reality
    http://www.bodaslgbtttielportal.com.mx/blog/2019/02/13/820/

Psst:
    Reading further, gender patch is coming to real life faster than one can think
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Hard no.

The way that they've implemented it for TS4 is enough for me. The options are there, and I do make use of them. I do not want it forced that way because it won't fit for all stories. Furthermore, you can't take away from some just to suit the other. The way they've done it now it pretty fair IMO. I prefer the options rather than the forced TYVM.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    While I do appreciate the game's advanced sex and gender options, I think it's best for them to remain just that, options. My sim world is filled with people of all gender identities, sexual orientations, occult states, ages, ethnicities, whatever other differences the game allows for and then some, and I like being in control of that.