March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAS Voting Begins 1/27 - a sneak peek at hats!

12346...Next

Comments

• SGauthierSGauthier Posts: 2 New Member
    Can we talk about how apparently none of the Sim gurus have no idea how to wear hats? Hats cover your ears!!! Even in seasons the hats looked 🐸🐸🐸🐸 because they sit on the top of your head, nobody wears winter hats like that. Fix the new hats at least, come on
  • SGauthierSGauthier Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="SGauthier;c-17382209"]Can we talk about how apparently none of the Sim gurus have no idea how to wear hats? Hats cover your ears!!! Even in seasons the hats looked plum because they sit on the top of your head, nobody wears winter hats like that. Fix the new hats at least, come on[/quote]

I meant dumb, I was a little heated
  • reihasgaureihasgau Posts: 1 New Member
    Even though I love hats irl and I live in an area that has snow/cold weather 5 months out of the year, I rarely put hats on my sims because they look ridiculous. Why don't the hats cover your ears!? No one wears hats like that. Out of the hats we're shown I'd only pick ones that look like their ears are definitely going to be covered. I got seasons so I could wear cute winter hats and was disappointed.
  • Zyb233Zyb233 Posts: 2 New Member
    6, 10 and 16 :D
  • vampyreluciavampyrelucia Posts: 850 Member
    I am 54 and I would wear 3, 4, 11, 12, 16, 17, and 20.
    So I think they should be for all ages.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    How about we just do this :sunglasses:
    OxAG4gL.png

yes I am already thinking where we could put these hats instead of this stuff pack
    because my crystal ball tells me there is gonna be many items I really want TT

the viking one is about only one I can't place anywhere else no matter how much I try :joy:
    maybe in a update?
    otherwise it is pretty much war between animal hats and hats i put for winter vacation
    It would work for an Into the Past type pack well.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • pkstracypkstracy Posts: 12 New Member
    Happy Hauntings with grim reaper assistant, please!
  • pearsfearspearsfears Posts: 1 New Member
    i love these!
    my favorites are definitely 4, 12 and 16 but i think 9 would look really flattering on any kind of cute sim and 10 would be great for kids!
    17 is also very very cute and i really hope that we get more swatches of it!
    i hope the pack keeps the cute and comfy theme and that we'll get some oversized, poofy clothes like hoodies and jackets! or some creative crafted hair accessoires like clips
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    SGauthier wrote: »
    Can we talk about how apparently none of the Sim gurus have no idea how to wear hats? Hats cover your ears!!! Even in seasons the hats looked plum because they sit on the top of your head, nobody wears winter hats like that. Fix the new hats at least, come on

they use the same "hat chops" that the regular hats do, that's why it sits like that.

if you wanted all these winter hats and beanies to sit normally they'd have to go in through all the hairs and mess around with the mesh, include a new setting for it to work with certain hats, and to chop lower than it usually does (or else they might have the mesh of hair clipping out of the mesh of the hat). they could also just "delete" the hair when the beanie goes on but i'm pretty sure people would hate that even more than their sims ears poking out.

i'd rather their time go elsewhere.
  • MyTrueLoveTS1MyTrueLoveTS1 Posts: 32 Member
    I realized this a bit late but 2,4,6,10 are the only new shaped hats. It's only worth it to pick from these!
  • Franko30Franko30 Posts: 64 Member
    2, 5, 6, 17, 18,19.
  • Franko30Franko30 Posts: 64 Member
    My question is, will it be a categorie vote, like vote for men clothing and then vote for female, because, if the entire number of vote are spread across both gender, I suspect again lot more vote for females clothing, and since we are living in a equality era, that would be very appreciated if that was reflecting in that game too, males always get less in that game, and I am tired of it. So to be equal I would do two separate vote, one for male apparels, and one for female, so that we get the same amount of stuff. Cause I see a lot of beautiful hat with flowers that I would never put on a male sim, so... Im worried, we get only that since major part of players are female, and that would be unfair honestly.
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    edited January 2020
    Hmm, although I am excited for this voting session, I do hope that there's a good variety of clothing for guys and the elderly, especially since they get the least amount of content compared to females and children.

1.Teen 2. Toddler-adult 3. Kid-teen 4. Teen-elderly 5. Toddler-kid 6. Teen-elderly 9. Teen
    10. Toddler 11. Kid 12. Toddler-kid 13. Kid
    14. Toddler-kid 15. Kid-adult 16. Toddler-teen
    17. Toddler-kid 18. All ages 19. Kid-teen 20. Toddler-kid

7 & 8 Aren't that appealing only because we already have caps and the flower on 8 looks weirdly placed.

My most favorite is 18, really. If I wanted to be cheap, I'd choose something more childish, like 10, 12, 16, and 20. But, in actuality, I want ALL OF THE ABOVE.
    Post edited by hellokitty1496 on
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited January 2020
    All of the age groups from toddlers to elders should be able to wear any of these hats. I could easily see them all on anyone. I know we won't get all of them but whatever the community decides, it should be for all of the age groups.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Hmm, although I am excited for this voting session, I do hope that there's a good variety of clothing for guys and the elderly, especially since they get the least amount of content compared to females and children.

If I remember correctly, the male clothing assets got the most votes for the last stuff pack vote, but they still put in more female assets because they need more clothes (or something). It might all be in the threads from last time, but I don't remember as I haven't checked.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • IzzypandaIzzypanda Posts: 1 New Member
    I love all the hats!!! I want them in all ages please!!!!
  • brinni12brinni12 Posts: 1 New Member
    Where do we vote?
  • SimGuruSarahSimGuruSarah Posts: 53 SimGuru
    Hi everyone!

The poll is LIVE. Please go vote :)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/D57HN3C

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top