Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Improved features the game NEEDS: Babies, pregnancy, moodlets, burglers and more.

2...Next

Comments

• ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    I actually like babies as they are? A gentle warm up and chance to build some parenting skill before the nightmare that is a toddler lol.. Pram/stroller for toddler would be ok, but seeing how problematic walking a dog can be, or putting a toddler in a high chair..? I dunno lol The whole baby thing isn’t a necessity for me.

And Ngl I would find it super annoying if my sims went off and got married or pregnant or whatever on their own accord?? What is this madness?

I would love the return of burglars though :) burglar alarms for your house, maybe a new trait where you’re super afraid of home invasion? A panic room with surveillance?? Maybe a burglar stuff pack?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited January 2020
    bethyGrace wrote: »

BABIES on the other hand...

Does anyone else find those faces nightmare-ish??? lol they look terrifying to me XD

And yes, I would love to see some more objects for them to interact with. Things like a play-mat, or a rug for "tummy time", a high chair or baby bouncer, a CHANGE TABLE for those diapers... danglemasters, toys, things for them to chew on...

Yeah, basically just enhanced TS2 babies, imma just admit that is what I mean :wink:
    Sims 4 babies give my nightmares literally. I haven't even seen the Chuckie Dolls, but there was a Twilight Zone episode with a talking doll and they pretty much look like killer dolls to me rather than real Sims. Here the Imaginary Friend used to creep me out, the the babies are so much more scary.

I especially can't get this image out of my brain which would happen in my game sometimes.
    d1849d7c2f10cadb0133e38c2f63a07c.png
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    The survey was hopeful, but the one thing I was really discouraged to see no mention of was Fear. The game has an incomplete emotion system and it's just weird that a Sim can "feel" Focused or Inspired or Confident, but not Afraid. There is no balance between the dark and light aspects of emotions/traits/behaviors like there used to be in past games. With every positive possibility there used to be a negative, and the turnout was up to the choices of the player. Kind of like the light and dark side of The Force (if you're a Star Wars fan 😁). So the creative liberties that were taken to change the game to focus on emotions, also didn't check that the game retained that balance of choice and possibility. Instead, they bent it in favor of the positive, which gives the player no reason to pick up that light saber and fight for the good. Good/happy is already in abundance. And what purpose is there in that? All purpose is lost.

So besides Fear (and I also had hope for a phobias system) I had also wished they'd considered changing the default state from Happy to Fine. Again, it's about having that balance between good and bad, dark and light. If there is no dark Empire, no First Order or Sith Lords, there is no need for the Jedi Knights. Heroes need not exist, even on a domestic level. Isn't that kind of sad?

(Hopefully someone understood my geeky references, lol.)

well it could be the reason they didn't say anything about it was they plan on doing it soon we all know how people have been asking for more
    family play and I don't recall seeing that @LiELF
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I agree with all said. I would also like to see a romantic matching system. It's frustrating that I can choose whoever i want to be related to my sims. I mean, i do like to choose, but from whoever my sims feel atracted to.
    The game is too full of happiness and is too open. I love the sims for being a sandbox game and i dislike the packs that defeat that purpose, but sims have had personallity since the beginning. Now they don't have, we can do whatever we want with them, but at the end it just gets boring.
  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Sims 4 babies give my nightmares literally. I haven't even seen the Chuckie Dolls, but there was a Twilight Zone episode with a talking doll and they pretty much look like killer dolls to me rather than real Sims. Here the Imaginary Friend used to creep me out, the the babies are so much more scary.

I especially can't get this image out of my brain which would happen in my game sometimes.

Dear sweet goodness gracious.

I've never had that glitch... I'm thanking my lucky stars.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Oh they were cheeky behind our backs lol, I placed a new sim in my game once for my heir to fall in love with and marry one day. Three days in I bumped into her, pregnant... And the father turned out to be my heir’s old uncle, who’d been a bachelor all his life :D I can see how people hated that kind of thing to happen, it was poorly implemented. I used it for my story, had to :D That was the last time it happened in my game (2011).

:D Yeah, definitely not the best implementation but then it was a pretty new concept then, wasn't it? So mistakes and 'heck, that didn't work the way we thought it would' can only be expected :D I like using stuff like that for stories though, it adds a plot twist in when no one expects it!
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    Oh they were cheeky behind our backs lol, I placed a new sim in my game once for my heir to fall in love with and marry one day. Three days in I bumped into her, pregnant... And the father turned out to be my heir’s old uncle, who’d been a bachelor all his life :D I can see how people hated that kind of thing to happen, it was poorly implemented. I used it for my story, had to :D That was the last time it happened in my game (2011).

:D Yeah, definitely not the best implementation but then it was a pretty new concept then, wasn't it? So mistakes and 'heck, that didn't work the way we thought it would' can only be expected :D I like using stuff like that for stories though, it adds a plot twist in when no one expects it!
    Yes, I guess it was defensible to a point, though (as a layman I should add) I’ve never understood why a modder could develop a totally advanced system, using what was in the game. I wish EA had refined it that way. Oh well, water under the bridge ;)
    Personally I feel that issues like miscarriage & disease is better left to the modders, unless they come with an in-game on/off toggle. For me, I like to play with those elements of realism. I think it would enhance gameplay if unhealthy elders could get sick with diseases and need to take care of themselves or they might die. But I totally understand that is a personal choice, so I understand why the dev team avoid things like that.

THAT SAID, I totally agree with this -
    LiELF wrote: »
    The survey was hopeful, but the one thing I was really discouraged to see no mention of was Fear. The game has an incomplete emotion system and it's just weird that a Sim can "feel" Focused or Inspired or Confident, but not Afraid. There is no balance between the dark and light aspects of emotions/traits/behaviors like there used to be in past games. With every positive possibility there used to be a negative, and the turnout was up to the choices of the player. Kind of like the light and dark side of The Force (if you're a Star Wars fan 😁). So the creative liberties that were taken to change the game to focus on emotions, also didn't check that the game retained that balance of choice and possibility. Instead, they bent it in favor of the positive, which gives the player no reason to pick up that light saber and fight for the good. Good/happy is already in abundance. And what purpose is there in that? All purpose is lost.

So besides Fear (and I also had hope for a phobias system) I had also wished they'd considered changing the default state from Happy to Fine. Again, it's about having that balance between good and bad, dark and light. If there is no dark Empire, no First Order or Sith Lords, there is no need for the Jedi Knights. Heroes need not exist, even on a domestic level. Isn't that kind of sad?

(Hopefully someone understood my geeky references, lol.)

Firstly, YES I get your Star Wars references (I am a mega-fan!!) and I completed agree with you. The whole point of the Force and the children of Mortis (if you've seen the Clone Wars) is that balance needs to be maintained between the light and the dark, and this is what the game is lacking. (I want to keep talking about Star Wars, but I'll stop myself...) :D

We have whims, positivity, sunshine and rainbows, but very little to none of the reverse. Failure MUST be an option to gain real engagement from a gamer audience, in my opinion. And it doesn't have to be morbid, dark or depressing - Sims 2 had mental breakdowns paired with that epic NPC, the Therapist. And if the Sims had low aspirations, they cried and moped around... So you had something to AIM for in game.

Yes, burglars should be added back into the game. They're a Sims staple and yeah, they can be kind of scary... thats the whole point ya'll. But if you have a burglar alarm, you're good... as it should be?? Anyone remember the music that played in The Sims 1 if you got a burglar?? It would give me a freaking heart attack! And that was FUN!

On babies & pregnancy -
    I don't mind the pregnancy stuff in Sims 4, but I do feel like it could be enhanced by some of the suggestions I've seen here, especially about moodlets.

BABIES on the other hand...

Does anyone else find those faces nightmare-ish??? lol they look terrifying to me XD

And yes, I would love to see some more objects for them to interact with. Things like a play-mat, or a rug for "tummy time", a high chair or baby bouncer, a CHANGE TABLE for those diapers... danglemasters, toys, things for them to chew on...

Yeah, basically just enhanced TS2 babies, imma just admit that is what I mean :wink:
    I agree. You have to play them to understand why, I never did when people complained about burrito babies and I’d never played Sims 2 yet. They looked meh and huge and above all very naked in pictures. But playing them (once I got my hands on the UC) was a different experience. They totally reminded me of my own wee, vulnerable babies and I think that’s the main thing they need to do. Move us. And I simply could dress them with CC.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Yes, I guess it was defensible to a point, though (as a layman I should add) I’ve never understood why a modder could develop a totally advanced system, using what was in the game. I wish EA had refined it that way. Oh well, water under the bridge ;)

I think it's probably a time/budget issue, as it often is with these things. I remember another game way back that had some issues that got fixed by a modder and people couldn't understand why the Devs hadn't done what the modder did. The difference ended being the modder had the time to test, test and test again, add things, take it away etc. There was no deadline for them to complete it by so they could afford the time required to fine-tune, so to speak. Devs don't get that kind of time (one of my best friends is studying game design at Uni at the moment) because they often have deadlines and time limits. I imagine that can cause a lot of stress.

But like you say, water under the bridge <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Placebo7Placebo7 Posts: 107 Member
    I totally agree with OP. If the Sims is supposed to be a life simulator (hence THE NAME), then it should simulate the randomness of life. Past versions of the Sims did this. You gave your Sim a personality, and helped them along, but sometimes you had good/bad luck. That's realistic. It made the game interesting and fun. There is almost no randomness of any consequence in Sims 4.

The emotions are also entirely unrealistic. Never in my life have I known anyone whose relative died, or who got cheated on, who then forgot about it in four hours and was happy because there was a fire in the fireplace. Ridiculous. The Sims were interesting to play because sometimes they got depressed, lost in life, had breakdowns, or lost relationships. Nothing has any consequence anymore. The Sims play more like robots than people. The Sims of Sims 2 and 3 were so much more realistic, and so much more engrossing to play.

Finally, as others have pointed out, the Sims 4 is entirely too easy. If you are a second-generation Sim, and you attend college, what on Earth are you ever going to struggle with in life? You start your career making plenty of money, you have no relationship desires or emotions--you could literally date, marry, hook-up with anyone, since no one ever rejects anyone, and there is no such thing as chemistry--and even if you have a lofty aspiration, there is no real desire or incentive to achieve it (and no repercussions for NOT achieving it). The biggest set-back you will experience is being "sad" for four hours, even if your spouse, child, or parent dies. Is that supposed to be interesting somehow?
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    LOL!!!

Dear sweet goodness gracious.

I've never had that glitch... I'm thanking my lucky stars.

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Whoever designed the Sims 4 babies made them look much like the Chuckie doll it literally freaks me out and here I thought the imaginary friends were scary.
    61F3B-CDdEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

So I wouldn't mind a complete reworking of the Sims 4 babies and their overall design. It is a shame because the Sims 4 toddlers came out so cute, but the babies look like they came out of a nightmare and so limited with skin choices too. So I would love for the babies to be freed. I wouldn't mind more detail with pregnancy and more emotions and more consequences in the game. I loved burglars and cops and when kids would play cops and robbers too. There is no fail safe for fires too once it starts if you have not put a sprinkler system in for when adults are not home, so there needs to be firefighters too.

Ho-ly. Now that you've pinned down the resemblance, I'll never be able to forget it. No wonder I never cared for the looks of the babies. ::shudder::
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    You’re beating a dead horse. We are 6 years down the line what on Earth makes anyone think they’re going to do any of this? The game is what it is, and it’s gonna stay that way.

—T
  • GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    You’re beating a dead horse. We are 6 years down the line what on Earth makes anyone think they’re going to do any of this? The game is what it is, and it’s gonna stay that way.

—T

Simmers said the same about firefighters and yet we have them, it took six years but here they are. I get where you're coming from, but for whatever reason things are coming, the team is just doing a plum poor job of when and how.

That with their infamous silence on EVERYTHING creates the dead horse effect up until the point where it sits up and everyone is scrambling to download the update/get the pack/youtube about it because we just had no hope for the feature in the first place and now its here, we have no idea what's going on.

But even if the horse is well and truly dead, a little hope doesn't hurt.