Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which expansion/Stuff pack worth it?

So I've been playing only base game for 1 year straight now, because I approached the free Sims 4 that ea was giving.

I'm a teen whose parents are not economic correct balance, so I don't like to ask them for money.I earned $25 but the thing is that they are so expensive

So these days, Sims have discounts, so I must approach

What dlc/stuff pack/ expansions are really worth it, the ones that improve the game? 😊

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Seasons for sure! It really makes you feel like time is moving in the game.

City Living is my second choice.

For stuff packs, I love Movie Hangout or Kids or Toddlers, depending on your play style.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Since EPs are on sale and you can get one for under 25 dollars, I'd recommend getting an EP, that way you get a lot more game play than what is offered in a game or stuff pack.

Seasons and City Living, I suggest, and also Get Together.

CL and GT both come with a new world, and Seasons doesn't. So you have the potential to add a new world into your game on top of new gameplay. I think the world in GT is the biggest world, but because of the apartments in CL, you can also have a lot of Sims living there too.
    Seasons and GT offer more seamless integration into the game and makes additional dlc and packs more dynamic.
    CL you get apartments, but only in the new world.
    Seasons comes with holidays and a calendar for planning events.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    If you can only get one, I would suggest seasons because it adds a whole other feeling to the game and you notice the effects in every single family you play.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    If you can only get 1, I would suggest to get the Seasons as it's also on sales. I would say that it has a game changing scenario for your gameplay.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Seasons and Parenthood are the packs who change the whole dynamics of the game.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited January 2020
    What kind of gameplay are you looking for? The Old Hollywood one Vintage Glamour which is a stuff pack I would highly recommend. You can have a butler in your home. There are some beautiful things for your sims to wear. You get the Classics TV Channel. You have a vanity table where your sim can try on makeup. This one really was worth the money paid on a stuff pack.

Expansion packs I would say Seasons because it has events like Winterfest Lottery Day etc. Your sim can die from overheating or hypothermia unless they are vampires. Get to Work is nice but the aliens really need a serious overhaul. Get Together gives you clubs that your sims can join a new World Windenburg with the ruins. Dancing and DJ as skills. It has one of my favourite townies Joaquin Le Chien. He needs better clothing choices but he has very pretty green eyes. He is an excellent dating option for your sim because he is funny and very sweet.

Get to Work makes a couple of jobs with the Rabbit Hole option or you can follow your sim to work.

City Living gives you festivals and apartments. This is where I usually start a new household. However, you cannot build apartment complexes yourself with this expansion pack.
    Post edited by drakharis on
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Seasons, Jungle Adventure and City Living.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    I would get Seasons as well. The game feels just incomplete without it imho.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Expansion Packs
    Seasons
    Get Together
    Cats & Dogs

Game Packs
    Dine Out
    Parenthood
    Spa Day

Stuff Packs
    Backyard Stuff
    Kids Room Stuff
    Bowling Night

Overall, it depends on what you personally enjoy in The Sims, but these are my top three packs in each category.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • DemonQueenHanaDemonQueenHana Posts: 12 New Member
    My favorites are Get to Work and Get Famous, just because I feel like I use these two the most.

Of course, it totally depends on what kind of player you are. If you play more legacy, normal family life, I'd reccomand seasons, because it adds the most things you would actually use on a daily basis. But Parenthood is also a good choice.

If you like occults, I think vampires are the best.

If you are a builder, go for something that has a lot of objects in the style you like. I build a lot of gothic stuff myself, so my favorite for buildig would be Vampires, though I also like Movie Hangout and Vintage Glamour for my more pastel interiors.

If you play more challenges or more story-based like me, I'd just get what best fitst the kind of challenges/ stories you play or want to play. The new tiny living would be nice for starting out challenges I think, but I haven't had the change to play that one myself yet.
  • cutefrutypiecutefrutypie Posts: 39 Member
    My favorites are Get to Work and Get Famous, just because I feel like I use these two the most.

Of course, it totally depends on what kind of player you are. If you play more legacy, normal family life, I'd reccomand seasons, because it adds the most things you would actually use on a daily basis. But Parenthood is also a good choice.

If you like occults, I think vampires are the best.

If you are a builder, go for something that has a lot of objects in the style you like. I build a lot of gothic stuff myself, so my favorite for buildig would be Vampires, though I also like Movie Hangout and Vintage Glamour for my more pastel interiors.

If you play more challenges or more story-based like me, I'd just get what best fitst the kind of challenges/ stories you play or want to play. The new tiny living would be nice for starting out challenges I think, but I haven't had the change to play that one myself yet.

Thank you so much! <3
    Expansion Packs
    Seasons
    Get Together
    Cats & Dogs

Game Packs
    Dine Out
    Parenthood
    Spa Day

Stuff Packs
    Backyard Stuff
    Kids Room Stuff
    Bowling Night

Overall, it depends on what you personally enjoy in The Sims, but these are my top three packs in each category.

That's actually really good post thank you so much! I'll consider all of them
    edited January 2020
    Well, I think I decided.

I think I would get Seasons, because the only thing I want to get is the Beebox, that really attracted me for a while now, to upgrade your crops.

I also convinced with Get Together, Before, I used to think that It was just only for filling the game, but everyone seems to love it, and that was really surprising. And Im convinced, all the groups, you can make your own club, and everyone loves the World.

Get to work, It doesnt catch my eye, I wouldnt use the get to work, only for the mod Go to School, but thats It. I dont really visualize myself going to work or my business, I'm not into that gameplay.

So its going to be;

Seasons
    (Maybe if i can) Get Together
    and Tiny Living

Thanks for all your help!! o:)
    Have a wonderful day
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited January 2020
    I would get a expansion pack for 20$ because that's how you get most value for your money. My favourite expansion packs are Seasons and Get Together. Seasons is good and gamechaging in any other way except it doesn't come with a new world. Do you need a new world for your sims to live in? Get Together comes with a huge world and the ability to organize clubs. Clubs are really multi use, some use them to grind skill points faster, others to arrange family gathering but they also work if you want to liven up your neighbourhood and decide which sims hang out at specific locales. If none of these options excite you then maybe pick something else because the club system is really the biggest selling point of GT. Other packs also come with new worlds so consider them depending on your interests. If you really want to play celebrities - Get Famous, if you want to live in a city - City Living, want to have pets - Cats and Dogs.