Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

i dont understand..

1235...Next

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah I have two nephews and a niece and a nephew in a way, so with the Sims, not only do I want to represent myself, but my family too and that includes babies. My second nephew was just a baby when I started asking for toddlers just to represent him as he grew up. Now that he was been official diagnosed with autism, I am so glad that I did. Family play may not be important to some that don't want to represent their family in their games, but it is to me regardless of which Sims iteration it is just like some Simmers need LGBTQIA+ and religion and cultures and pets represented in their games. Why I like to support others even if their lives don't represent mine which sadly not everyone understands because of Sims 4 marketing is promoting the Generation Me in the game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    edited January 2020
    Scobre wrote: »
    Here is how the Sims Freeplay handles the baby interactions for their babies:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njfHiZW7heM

Here is the Sims Mobile quest for babies:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olXCMteAEvY

Why the Sims 4 has less baby things than the mobile counterparts I'll never understand. Isn't desktop version supposed to have more not less?

It's a shame I can't stand playing The Sims on a mobile, or the way that game works in general, because I love, love love the look of some of those baby options.

"Let infant crawl" would be sooooooooooo amazing and cute.

Also, the fact that the babies also have options - I love that they can "cry for [a specific] Sim". It would be really useful for story purposes if we could make the babies cry on command haha.

Thanks for posting the videos. I've honestly tried to get into that game but I can't do it... I wish they would bring some of those ideas into TS4 though because they are honestly great.

Extending the "movement" skill to babies would be great. They could start by learning to roll over, and to sit up, and to crawl... since the toddlers walk from the start in TS4 (which I don't mind, honestly!) this beginning stage would be really cool to see.
  • LB129LB129 Posts: 1 New Member
    2019 is when I last played, but when I came back to it something was not right. First off, when I started my game, I could not pick my Sims appearance, and had to settle for the randomize option. Then in picking a household, why are there question marks on the floors? Finally, in the build mode, there weren't that many options for walls, door, windows and a bunch of other stuff. Please, can this problem be fixed????
  • Foxybabyhg3Foxybabyhg3 Posts: 11 New Member
    > @Scobre said:
    > (Quote)

> Yes leaving kids in cribs causes death. https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/baby-dies-after-being-left-in-crib-for-16-hours-alone/96874/
    >
    > But begs to question is the Sims 4 really a life simulation game or not to Simmers? Because if it is, then accidents happen from child neglect, it is a fact of life. If you time it takes to feed a baby in the Sims 4, it is once per day which exceeds this 16 hours. But if it isn't then things like supernaturals and leaving kids in the crib for hours can happen because a fantasy world where the laws of life don't happen. But there has to be some compromise between reality and fantasy players because right now both players are sacrificing game play for it. Also couldn't care less about the I'm right your wrong drama. Just sharing some real life situations for the reality players. I was pointing out my own game play what happens with the fire situation makes me feel inhumane and the real life situations. People can take what I say with a grain of salt for all I care.

Is this really necessary? Yes, its a life simulation game, but its suppose to be fun, an escape from actual reality into virtual reality. Yes, I want the babies freed, yes I would love more interactions with it, I think they really failed the community on this aspect. But even using your own quoted article, the Sims don't leave them in there for 16hrs untouched, I think the most they've ever been left is about 6hrs. But cruel? To pixels? Ok then.............
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited January 2020
    Is this really necessary? Yes, its a life simulation game, but its suppose to be fun, an escape from actual reality into virtual reality. Yes, I want the babies freed, yes I would love more interactions with it, I think they really failed the community on this aspect. But even using your own quoted article, the Sims don't leave them in there for 16hrs untouched, I think the most they've ever been left is about 6hrs. But cruel? To pixels? Ok then.............
    I don't know I've seen some VR more realistic than the Sims 4. If it was a VR you would be able to hold the baby in your hand and change its size and carry it around with you everywhere. It's not a life simulation either though according to the Gurus that started the Sims 4. That wasn't Sims that left their baby. It was real people. In my save, I've left them for 24 hours alone before and nothing bad happens to them. It isn't realistic. Just like people want Murphy Bed nerfed because of it breaking everyday isn't realistic for them. Yes there are ways to be cruel to Sims beyond just killing Sims and how the babies are designed is just as cruel if not more cruel than killing Sims for me at least.

For example this game you can literally bend reality in a real world setting that is super interactive with game play:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/559330/A_Fishermans_Tale/

Sims 4 babies are old stagnant 20+ year tech.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Jazz2418 wrote: »
    I really wish they had an option for a normal online sims like you have your town and you could give a friend a code and they type that in so they could come to your town and live there, and you could play with eachother in the same town how good would that be!? Imagine a friend making a town, and your playing your sims in your town and think stuff it I want to move and you could sell your house pack up your belongings and move to your friend's town (your money moves with you aswell) and buy a house or block of land in theor town that would be yours, and ofcourse you couldnt change anything in the town unless you brought it like real life stuff sp like businesses and all of that, and if your friend wanted to visit you and your sims at your house but you werent online it would just say they aren't home or something so you organise to get on at the same time as your friend so your sims can play and interact together and all of that. Also if your friend decided they didnt want you living in their town anymore, being their original town they would have the power to evict you from the town meaning all your belongings would be packed up and you would be paid out for the value of your house, and ofcourse that would just be the sim or sim family you chose to play with so you could always have other families that still live in your town and you could just switch between locations so if you didnt want to live in the other town you could still visit it or your friend could come visit in your town but only if you are both online together.

No thanks.

What @Sk8rblaze said. ^^^^

That’s how we ended up with this disaster of a Sims 4 game in the first place!
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited January 2020
    Lemon405 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Jazz2418 wrote: »
    I really wish they had an option for a normal online sims like you have your town and you could give a friend a code and they type that in so they could come to your town and live there, and you could play with eachother in the same town how good would that be!? Imagine a friend making a town, and your playing your sims in your town and think stuff it I want to move and you could sell your house pack up your belongings and move to your friend's town (your money moves with you aswell) and buy a house or block of land in theor town that would be yours, and ofcourse you couldnt change anything in the town unless you brought it like real life stuff sp like businesses and all of that, and if your friend wanted to visit you and your sims at your house but you werent online it would just say they aren't home or something so you organise to get on at the same time as your friend so your sims can play and interact together and all of that. Also if your friend decided they didnt want you living in their town anymore, being their original town they would have the power to evict you from the town meaning all your belongings would be packed up and you would be paid out for the value of your house, and ofcourse that would just be the sim or sim family you chose to play with so you could always have other families that still live in your town and you could just switch between locations so if you didnt want to live in the other town you could still visit it or your friend could come visit in your town but only if you are both online together.

No thanks.

What @Sk8rblaze said. ^^^^

That’s how we ended up with this disaster of a Sims 4 game in the first place!

Sims Online -- disaster that some people liked, but other people found positively nauseating. There is no way they'd release a Sims game with open chat, though people who were inclined to do what they did in Sims online would probably use discord.

As much as game devs would like it to be, single player isn't dead. Many, many people prefer it, but multiplayer games tend to encourage people to spend much, much more than they would in the single player equivalent.

It's kind of funny -- Bethesda tried the whole "other players make the content so we don't have to" thing with Fallout 76. And, to be fair, there are people who are devoted to it, and apparently there are enough whales playing that they're not losing money. But it has hurt them in other ways -- it trashed their reputation. Most people do not want to rely on other people to make the gameplay for them. Especially since people on line can be real jerks (source: I played MMOs and was occasionally a jerk but ran into worse all the time).
    Post edited by Felicity on
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I feel like I buy packs because I still don’t have enough stuff and I feel like I don’t have enough stuff and that’s mainly because there is not enough to do in the game... I want shorter teens with teenage things to to, actual babies, and for elders to have things to enjoy while everyone is all “ha boomers” at them. I’d like to be able to set sims as cousins or bf/gf as well as favorites and bios

I take forever to download default replacements in sims 2... But I play for hours, where as in sims 4 I’m making over every premade sim/implementing things that should of been put in the game. The Pleasant girls are back but where are their parents??? Who is the grandfather they got the house from! I have to download them off the gallery and then make them over just so I can play the Pleasant girls in college while they have their parents in the game... And that is just one example.

I love getting and playing the packs but after a few hours I’ve found out everything I want to know... And it’s back to the same old things I do in the game...

I have fun in four most of the time but when I would rather spend an afternoon downloading content for sims 2 or thinking of which sims 3 games I need to buy of of steam. I want all the packs and store content I bought in my game, I will 4 gig the game myself just please let me download the game without Origins help. I want to play sims 3 again.