June 3 - New The Sims 4 game update available for all platforms - Check out the patch notes here.

Talking Teenagers

Comments

  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 707 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    The thing is, if they did flesh out teenagers more, they could stand to make more money. You bet they would make some sort of teenager stuff pack if they changed their height and had to make them new clothes. You'd think being EA, they'd be all over the more money aspect of this. Sure it would take some money to develop but the stuff pack they would sell after could likely pay for it.

    Yes, exactly.

    When I hear the Guru's say that they don't devote resources to family gameplay because "not many people play with families" it really grinds my gears and makes me mad...

    Maybe we would, if there was more gameplay??

    Shouldn't the team see that data and go, "oh wow, we're losing the family players. How can we improve this and fix it? How can we get people playing with toddlers, kids and teens more?"

    #JustSaying
  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 707 Member
    797-7970727_sims-4-parenthood-family.png

    In this render, they've made an effort to make the teenager look shorter to add that visual distinction, and for my money the family looks 10x more realistic that way.

    8g4mb1eg0wb31.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=3a48a228f6947ffb4a7062a91a19ebf1482bbca9

    Another example...
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,929 Member
    edited January 21
    @bethyGrace For me those renders reveal everything concerning this subject. If renders have to lie about something, that something just might be not such a good idea.
    bethyGrace wrote: »
    Camkat wrote: »
    The thing is, if they did flesh out teenagers more, they could stand to make more money. You bet they would make some sort of teenager stuff pack if they changed their height and had to make them new clothes. You'd think being EA, they'd be all over the more money aspect of this. Sure it would take some money to develop but the stuff pack they would sell after could likely pay for it.

    Yes, exactly.

    When I hear the Guru's say that they don't devote resources to family gameplay because "not many people play with families" it really grinds my gears and makes me mad...

    Maybe we would, if there was more gameplay??

    Shouldn't the team see that data and go, "oh wow, we're losing the family players. How can we improve this and fix it? How can we get people playing with toddlers, kids and teens more?"

    #JustSaying
    Yes, good adition, that remark. People defend their playing style and rightly so, but there’s indeed been this official statement about one particular playing style.

    It’s a chicken or the egg thing of course. I don’t know if the official statement refers to Sims 4 only? Must be, because as long as I remember I’ve seen people playing families in the Sims 3 stories I followed (to a point where I’d often go “I’d wait with that pregnancy because once your sims have a child it will be all about that, just like in real life; enjoy life for a bit first, explore what there is to explore”). Sims 2 is so very much loved in general because of its family focus. If the statistics show Sims 4 players aren’t family players, one could wonder if it’s the players or perhaps rather the game. Looking at statistics is one thing, interpreting them another.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 707 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

    Yes, good adition, that remark. People defend their playing style and rightly so, but there’s indeed been this official statement about one particular playing style.

    It’s a chicken or the egg thing of course. I don’t know if the official statement refers to Sims 4 only? Must be, because as long as I remember I’ve seen people playing families in the Sims 3 stories I followed (to a point where I’d often go “I’d wait with that pregnancy because once your sims have a child it will be all about that, just like in real life; enjoy life for a bit first, explore what there is to explore”). Sims 2 is so very much loved in general because of its family focus. If the statistics show Sims 4 players aren’t family players, one could wonder if it’s the players or perhaps rather the game. Looking at statistics is one thing, interpreting them another.

    Well for ages with Sims 3 the biggest thing was doing Legacy Challenges, which came from TS2. So I'd say it's a TS4 thing?

  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 1,480 Member
    bethyGrace wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

    Yes, good adition, that remark. People defend their playing style and rightly so, but there’s indeed been this official statement about one particular playing style.

    It’s a chicken or the egg thing of course. I don’t know if the official statement refers to Sims 4 only? Must be, because as long as I remember I’ve seen people playing families in the Sims 3 stories I followed (to a point where I’d often go “I’d wait with that pregnancy because once your sims have a child it will be all about that, just like in real life; enjoy life for a bit first, explore what there is to explore”). Sims 2 is so very much loved in general because of its family focus. If the statistics show Sims 4 players aren’t family players, one could wonder if it’s the players or perhaps rather the game. Looking at statistics is one thing, interpreting them another.

    Well for ages with Sims 3 the biggest thing was doing Legacy Challenges, which came from TS2. So I'd say it's a TS4 thing?

    I LOVE the legacy challenges. I'm actually on generation 7 of another legacy in TS3 and it's so much fun. I'm FINALLY starting to get a decent house.

    I'm also doing a legacy challenge in TS4. I've got a mansion with every (major) skill up item available on the lot. 4 collections are complete. I've finished quite a few aspirations and there's over 1 million in the bank. I'm on generation 3... With the teens and children lacking game play, and millionaires with no wants for anything, I'm struggling to find a reason to go to generation 10 here.

    I've currently gone 4 generations further in TS3 than TS4 to get to the same stage. Something feels broken with that.

    The families themselves too feel so different. I am quite attached to my TS3 family. They feel dynamic and the characters are quirky. The kids and teens act like kids and teens. My TS4 family I'm pretty *meh*. They have no personalities and nothing really to different about any of them despite having very different traits and being different ages.

    I'll probably quit my TS4 family now, or play it less. I'm nowhere near generation 10 but anything I do now is just excessive. It would be a different story I'm sure if I was attached to the characters and I'm just don't. I don't care about them because they don't make me want to care about them. *shrugs* I care about my family in TS3 though and can't wait to see what happens next with them.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 367 Member
    I mean, I would love more teenager gameplay, but I honestly don't think it's bad, at least not if you have parenthood. To me, the trick is to play your teenagers as teenagers, even though they can do the same things as adults. My teenagers tease their siblings, insult family members when they are in a bad mood and sometimes stay up playing video games very late, unless an adult comes in and tells them to get to bed. In the few cases where some sims have looked to adult (like being too muscular or too curvy), I've changed that in cas and changed it back once their YA. And like someone mentioned, shorter teens would mean less clothes. I personally haven't gotten taller since I was like 12, and when I worked with teens, a lot of them were as tall as me, and I'm pretty average. It's not unrealistic that a 14-year old would be about the same height that they would be as an adult.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,929 Member
    I just think we shouldn’t need tricks where it comes to the sims themselves. They should be fleshed out.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 707 Member
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    I mean, I would love more teenager gameplay, but I honestly don't think it's bad, at least not if you have parenthood. To me, the trick is to play your teenagers as teenagers, even though they can do the same things as adults. My teenagers tease their siblings, insult family members when they are in a bad mood and sometimes stay up playing video games very late, unless an adult comes in and tells them to get to bed. In the few cases where some sims have looked to adult (like being too muscular or too curvy), I've changed that in cas and changed it back once their YA. And like someone mentioned, shorter teens would mean less clothes. I personally haven't gotten taller since I was like 12, and when I worked with teens, a lot of them were as tall as me, and I'm pretty average. It's not unrealistic that a 14-year old would be about the same height that they would be as an adult.

    Yeah I definitely agree that there is a trick to playing the teens as teens, but I guess I would like it more if I didn't have to direct them to do all of those things, so it felt more like they had personalities of their own.

    Haha I worked with teenagers for 8 years and I was taller than most of them ;) Again, it's not about the "realism" of shorter teens for me, because we don't have the "realism" of varied heights for adults and I can't see that ever happening. It's more about the fact that this is a game and visual distinctions make a big difference; everything in the Sims is a representation, and on average I feel a representation of shorter teens would be better.

    "Less clothes" is a weak excuse in my opinion. They literally get paid to create these games and content to go with them. The Sims franchise has earned over 5 billion dollars or something insane... they can do other clothes, or just tweak some of the clothes we've already got, to make it work.
  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 707 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    I LOVE the legacy challenges. I'm actually on generation 7 of another legacy in TS3 and it's so much fun. I'm FINALLY starting to get a decent house.

    I'm also doing a legacy challenge in TS4. I've got a mansion with every (major) skill up item available on the lot. 4 collections are complete. I've finished quite a few aspirations and there's over 1 million in the bank. I'm on generation 3... With the teens and children lacking game play, and millionaires with no wants for anything, I'm struggling to find a reason to go to generation 10 here.

    I've currently gone 4 generations further in TS3 than TS4 to get to the same stage. Something feels broken with that.

    The families themselves too feel so different. I am quite attached to my TS3 family. They feel dynamic and the characters are quirky. The kids and teens act like kids and teens. My TS4 family I'm pretty *meh*. They have no personalities and nothing really to different about any of them despite having very different traits and being different ages.

    I'll probably quit my TS4 family now, or play it less. I'm nowhere near generation 10 but anything I do now is just excessive. It would be a different story I'm sure if I was attached to the characters and I'm just don't. I don't care about them because they don't make me want to care about them. *shrugs* I care about my family in TS3 though and can't wait to see what happens next with them.

    I love legacy challenges too!! The furthest I ever got was about Generation 5 in a Sims 3 legacy I think... wow, that's really sad when you think about it hahaha. I need to do better XD But I always found that in TS3 the save files would get too corrupted :( I've started a legacy challenge in Sims 2 and Sims 4 before that went to gen 2 or 3, but again... I get distracted hahaha.

    I find that the Sims 4 is better suited to short term "challenges", like the "rags to riches" movement or the "100 baby challenge" or the "black widow challenge" or things like that, than ongoing generational gameplay. And I think it is because after a long while of playing, the Sims honestly are just too similar, and it gets too repetitive. That's why I feel like deeper personalities (more traits / deeper traits, interests & hobbies, proper wants and fears etc) would really add so much to the game.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 1,825 Member
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    I mean, I would love more teenager gameplay, but I honestly don't think it's bad, at least not if you have parenthood. To me, the trick is to play your teenagers as teenagers, even though they can do the same things as adults. My teenagers tease their siblings, insult family members when they are in a bad mood and sometimes stay up playing video games very late, unless an adult comes in and tells them to get to bed. In the few cases where some sims have looked to adult (like being too muscular or too curvy), I've changed that in cas and changed it back once their YA. And like someone mentioned, shorter teens would mean less clothes. I personally haven't gotten taller since I was like 12, and when I worked with teens, a lot of them were as tall as me, and I'm pretty average. It's not unrealistic that a 14-year old would be about the same height that they would be as an adult.

    I play my teens the same way, always have. Even in Sims 2 and Sims 3. I feel like I've got the control over what sort of teens I want them to be, and their phases from parenthood help generate slight abberations and mood swings, which is important to me. So yes, a lot of my teens have the ability to do the same things as the adults but I think that's better than the alternative which could be having very few interactions. They do have unique behaviours and the appearance (height) doesn't matter to me personally because it's a more realistic element that I'm happy with.

    As far as CAS is concerned, there's a reasonable amount of clothing in there that, to me, shouts out Teen Only, which is great. My Teens in Sims 3 never had enough clothing (especially the guys) so I'd rather have full access to the Young Adult/Adult wardrobe than not. Same for the elders. This way, I adapt their clothing style as they change as people. I also don't mind manually adding the acne because not every teen would get a problem and so I can manage that myself. To be completely honest, that automatic feature in Sims 2 irritated me quite a bit.

    The club system makes a big difference for my teen gameplay. Each of my teens will be part of a couple of clubs and have like minded friends and appear at appropriate lots. They do help the teens to feel like teens, perhaps more so than every before. That's just me but I can appreciate that others might be frustrated. <3
    MiAqoAE.png
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 1,181 Member
    I heard a lot of people say teens in sims 3 looked more like teens but I just cant see it? I tried making some myself just to test it our, plus I looked at pictures online and NONE of them looked more like teens besides the height or serious cc added. I actually think look wise you can get more younger looking teens in sims4 it just takes a few tricks which I'm getting the hang of. Lately I've had more success as learn. Plus I use height slider.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,929 Member
    edited January 28
    I heard a lot of people say teens in sims 3 looked more like teens but I just cant see it? I tried making some myself just to test it our, plus I looked at pictures online and NONE of them looked more like teens besides the height or serious cc added. I actually think look wise you can get more younger looking teens in sims4 it just takes a few tricks which I'm getting the hang of. Lately I've had more success as learn. Plus I use height slider.
    I don’t create teens though, kids become teens in my game (I play generational). Same with premades that become teens. I don’t go into CAS to change their features, they are what they are. And the fact they’re shorter simply helps recognizing them. The fact you use a height slider confirms the point doesn’t it? EA does as well, in their renders.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 31,618 Member
    I don't play teens in TS4. I don't really care anymore what they do about them. That train left the station a long time ago. This is the only game where I had to demand a tag on a Sim to know what age group they were supposed to be in and there were no differences in behavior, emotions or actions or interactions (not many) of a teen and an adult in TS4. It's a sad day when two Sims are playing chess and I can't know what age the other Sim is unless I mouse over them to see the teen tag they finally added after the base game. :(

    Parenthood tried to bring some differences to the life stage but it wasn't enough. It's funny how Maxis renders we saw years ago had the teen protrayed as looking younger, slimmer facial structures, and somewhat shorter when we all know that 99% of the time in this game we have no idea if a teen is an adult or not. And there aren't ANY distinctions in behavior at all.

    I honestly feel like on the last day of work, right before they sent the game to be finalized they suddenly realised they had left out toddlers, teens and elderly so they copy pasted teens and elders into the code and viola said we are done, and sent off the game to be finalized to be delivered to consumers. That is my impression of teens and why I don't play them, tried them, was disappointed and didn't play them again even after trying Parenthood. It just didn't go far enough.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • HelpfullkittycatHelpfullkittycat Posts: 7 New Member
    I only play the sims mobile and sometimes freePlay but I watch a lot of YouTubers playing on the sims 2, 3, and 4, and teen sims are not very realistic
  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 707 Member
    I heard a lot of people say teens in sims 3 looked more like teens but I just cant see it? I tried making some myself just to test it our, plus I looked at pictures online and NONE of them looked more like teens besides the height or serious cc added. I actually think look wise you can get more younger looking teens in sims4 it just takes a few tricks which I'm getting the hang of. Lately I've had more success as learn. Plus I use height slider.

    I'm a bit confused by what point you're making here? haha. Are you saying that you use a height slider in the Sims 4 and it helps your teens to look more realistic? ... Cos that is just supporting the idea that they ought to be shorter, which was my original point haha.

    Interesting to read that a lot of you aren't bothered by it though. I have to admit that it doesn't stop me from playing the game (obviously) but I still feel like the life-stage could be overhauled and the game would be much better.

    Or perhaps if we got "pre-teens"?

    It's crazy how huge the jump was from The Sims 1 to the Sims 2, with the life stages and aging and everything it introduced. I guess I'm hungry for bigger innovation, more risks and bigger jumps forward from the dev team. I totally understand that I'm talking about a very different time there, with super different technologies making things possible, but I'm sick of the "less less and less" content and gameplay we seem to be getting with this franchise compared to days gone by.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 2,297 Member
    bethyGrace wrote: »
    I heard a lot of people say teens in sims 3 looked more like teens but I just cant see it? I tried making some myself just to test it our, plus I looked at pictures online and NONE of them looked more like teens besides the height or serious cc added. I actually think look wise you can get more younger looking teens in sims4 it just takes a few tricks which I'm getting the hang of. Lately I've had more success as learn. Plus I use height slider.

    I'm a bit confused by what point you're making here? haha. Are you saying that you use a height slider in the Sims 4 and it helps your teens to look more realistic? ... Cos that is just supporting the idea that they ought to be shorter, which was my original point haha.

    Interesting to read that a lot of you aren't bothered by it though. I have to admit that it doesn't stop me from playing the game (obviously) but I still feel like the life-stage could be overhauled and the game would be much better.

    Or perhaps if we got "pre-teens"?

    It's crazy how huge the jump was from The Sims 1 to the Sims 2, with the life stages and aging and everything it introduced. I guess I'm hungry for bigger innovation, more risks and bigger jumps forward from the dev team. I totally understand that I'm talking about a very different time there, with super different technologies making things possible, but I'm sick of the "less less and less" content and gameplay we seem to be getting with this franchise compared to days gone by.

    NO. imo, there is absolutely nothing unique about preteens that they couldn't add to the child or teen stage. Their resources should be spent there, and not re-rigging everything for a stage of life that lasts maybe two years of real time.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 691 Member
    Babies last 3 days so does that mean we shouldn't have babies? I would actually love a tween life stage. Especially since teens in this game look and act like adults. I will never understand why some simmers think what they want is more important than other people's wants. We all want things and I hope that everyone gets something that they want. I also wouldn't go around saying that I hope they put the resources into something different. We all play the game differently. Some are occult players, some are family players, some builders, some like CAS, and others play a little bit of everything. My point is that no one's wants are more important than another.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 474 Member
    Teens are generally really boring to me. There's nothing special about them. It just feels like I'm playing a young adult except I can't have kids or anything like that.
    fF7SF0b.png
    Origin ID: Lottamelinaa



  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 329 Member
    So here is my idea, and if you're listening EA, I would be willing to pay for this. Put out a pack with traits that are age appropriate (at least some of them) and the age appropriate traits can/are changed on their birthday.
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 215 Member
    I hate to be all "In the Sims 3..." but boy oh boy did S3 Generations do teens right.
  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 707 Member
    bethyGrace wrote: »
    I heard a lot of people say teens in sims 3 looked more like teens but I just cant see it? I tried making some myself just to test it our, plus I looked at pictures online and NONE of them looked more like teens besides the height or serious cc added. I actually think look wise you can get more younger looking teens in sims4 it just takes a few tricks which I'm getting the hang of. Lately I've had more success as learn. Plus I use height slider.

    I'm a bit confused by what point you're making here? haha. Are you saying that you use a height slider in the Sims 4 and it helps your teens to look more realistic? ... Cos that is just supporting the idea that they ought to be shorter, which was my original point haha.

    Interesting to read that a lot of you aren't bothered by it though. I have to admit that it doesn't stop me from playing the game (obviously) but I still feel like the life-stage could be overhauled and the game would be much better.

    Or perhaps if we got "pre-teens"?

    It's crazy how huge the jump was from The Sims 1 to the Sims 2, with the life stages and aging and everything it introduced. I guess I'm hungry for bigger innovation, more risks and bigger jumps forward from the dev team. I totally understand that I'm talking about a very different time there, with super different technologies making things possible, but I'm sick of the "less less and less" content and gameplay we seem to be getting with this franchise compared to days gone by.

    NO. imo, there is absolutely nothing unique about preteens that they couldn't add to the child or teen stage. Their resources should be spent there, and not re-rigging everything for a stage of life that lasts maybe two years of real time.

    Fair enough lol :po:)

    I still want something different for the teens and kids then! hahaha.
    I hate to be all "In the Sims 3..." but boy oh boy did S3 Generations do teens right.

    Yeah, that was a great pack altogether ^_^ I especially loved the learning to drive thing... *nudge nudge* hey EA, how about you release cars with that as an option for teen sims?

    I don't know if I'm just a horrible human being who wants teenagers to fight with their parents a lot, but I just want it to be a tricky time to navigate for families, because I feel that kids becoming teens IRL is honestly a tricky time to navigate for parents.

    Teens are curious and rebellious and so hungry to start being independent... In the Sims 4, we have a lot of "conversation interactions" for the teens - like they can ask their parents about woohoo or demand independence, but I feel like those interactions have no real gameplay IMPACT. And I guess that boils down to the Sims not having real wants - like, I'd love to see a "want tree" where the teens want to:
    1. Ask parents about woohoo
    2. Ask a sim on a date
    3. "Mess around" with another sim, or like "explore" or something
    4. Have their first boyfriend / girlfriend
    5. Have their first real woohoo

    Or something like that.

    Maybe it could work as a new "growing up" aspiration or something?? A memory system?? I just want it all to MEAN something for my Sims!

  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 3,601 Member
    bethyGrace wrote: »
    I heard a lot of people say teens in sims 3 looked more like teens but I just cant see it? I tried making some myself just to test it our, plus I looked at pictures online and NONE of them looked more like teens besides the height or serious cc added. I actually think look wise you can get more younger looking teens in sims4 it just takes a few tricks which I'm getting the hang of. Lately I've had more success as learn. Plus I use height slider.

    I'm a bit confused by what point you're making here? haha. Are you saying that you use a height slider in the Sims 4 and it helps your teens to look more realistic? ... Cos that is just supporting the idea that they ought to be shorter, which was my original point haha.

    Interesting to read that a lot of you aren't bothered by it though. I have to admit that it doesn't stop me from playing the game (obviously) but I still feel like the life-stage could be overhauled and the game would be much better.

    Or perhaps if we got "pre-teens"?

    It's crazy how huge the jump was from The Sims 1 to the Sims 2, with the life stages and aging and everything it introduced. I guess I'm hungry for bigger innovation, more risks and bigger jumps forward from the dev team. I totally understand that I'm talking about a very different time there, with super different technologies making things possible, but I'm sick of the "less less and less" content and gameplay we seem to be getting with this franchise compared to days gone by.

    NO. imo, there is absolutely nothing unique about preteens that they couldn't add to the child or teen stage. Their resources should be spent there, and not re-rigging everything for a stage of life that lasts maybe two years of real time.
    I disagree the teens look like 17+ and the kids look around 8 they go from one day playing with toys to the next fully adult sized teens who fool around some of us want something between that not just because its weird but because there's different stories that can be told and it fills in a huge gap. Also if a small child or a fully grown fully developed teen can go through the changes a preteen does that's news to me.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 215 Member
    I wrote a long thing about all the things Teens did in previous games but A) moot point, you all know these things and B) regarding the height and being unable to differentiate:

    I allow teen pregnancy in my game and there is really no difference between the YA Sims and teens except that the teens can't "Share Big News." Except.... for one mod that has a "I'm too young for this" moodlet that I've seen once after my teen sim was on her third child (turns out she accidentally had the immortal trait so she didn't age and it took FOREVER to understand what was up). I know this lends very little to the discussion except that we shouldn't need mods to make teens be teens.

    But pivoting to what COULD be done within the realm of Sims 4...
    1) special club activities. We have "play on playground equipment" for kids... there should be activities only teens can do.
    2) special lot moodlets. There is a "teen hangout" lot trait-- shouldn't that make a teen feel "hip"?
    3) predisposed to social media accounts. It should be way more autonomous for that age group.
    4) Prom social events. I mean, come ON.
    5) Unique interactions with younger children
    6) Unique aspirations.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 1,629 Member
    edited January 29
    Teens deserve better ! Like for instance :

    - I want them to sneak out and have parents who actually care when they come home in the middle of the night!
    - Slumber parties, sleepovers, prom, unauthorized parties when the parents are away.....
    - More traits (rebellious etc)
    - Teen aspirations (graduate high school, be popular, you name it....)
    - It would be nice if they could just lay on their beds to read, do their homeworks, use their laptop, listen to music.....
    - I want after school activities (soccer practice, clubs....)

  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 1,181 Member
    bethyGrace wrote: »
    I heard a lot of people say teens in sims 3 looked more like teens but I just cant see it? I tried making some myself just to test it our, plus I looked at pictures online and NONE of them looked more like teens besides the height or serious cc added. I actually think look wise you can get more younger looking teens in sims4 it just takes a few tricks which I'm getting the hang of. Lately I've had more success as learn. Plus I use height slider.

    I'm a bit confused by what point you're making here? haha. Are you saying that you use a height slider in the Sims 4 and it helps your teens to look more realistic? ... Cos that is just supporting the idea that they ought to be shorter, which was my original point haha.

    Interesting to read that a lot of you aren't bothered by it though. I have to admit that it doesn't stop me from playing the game (obviously) but I still feel like the life-stage could be overhauled and the game would be much better.

    Or perhaps if we got "pre-teens"?

    It's crazy how huge the jump was from The Sims 1 to the Sims 2, with the life stages and aging and everything it introduced. I guess I'm hungry for bigger innovation, more risks and bigger jumps forward from the dev team. I totally understand that I'm talking about a very different time there, with super different technologies making things possible, but I'm sick of the "less less and less" content and gameplay we seem to be getting with this franchise compared to days gone by.

    To be more clear I only use height slider on 3 specific teens to make them shorter because I don't believe all teens should be short either. In real life teens come all sizes. And to be fair I use it on ALL ages of my sims to get varying degrees of height from average to extra tall including kids and toddlers. Just like in real life. So I would honestly not like teens to come short by standard.

    My point was that in sims3 teens did not look like teens face wise as many people claim,in my opinion. And I have an easier time making them in sims 4. I just use the height slider for the three I want to look the youngest and shortest.


    However,I would be open to a teen overhaul with many of the suggestions people have here to make them more distinguishable. 🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top