Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAS Voting Begins 1/27 - a sneak peek at hats!

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    4, 13, 20 are the only ones that I like.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    If I had to pick one it would be the Llama hat (20) or VIKING hat (18)
    a256aFi.gif
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    1, 5, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 20. I think they should be available for all ages.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • nali272nali272 Posts: 431 Member
    Make them available for all ages and genders, we can decide how to use them. favs - 1,4,6 & 10.
    Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • BethAnneVBethAnneV Posts: 2 New Member
    Several of these are cute, but several also have the same problem as the winter hats we already have: they don't come down far enough to cover even the tops of the sims' ears. I'm sure that makes it a lot easier to avoid clipping, but it just looks so unnatural to me that I rarely use them. Who wears a knitted winter hat that only covers the very top of their head? Half the point is to keep your ears from freezing.
  • epippi80epippi80 Posts: 9 New Member
    4, 13, and 18 are my faves. I'd love to see them on children through adult. That Viking beard hat on a kid.... I die.
  • dmreinsdmreins Posts: 4 New Member
    5, 9, 13, 18, 19. I'd put these on all my sims, honestly.
  • gwennygwenny Posts: 8 New Member
    These are SOOOOOOO awesome!!! <3

toddlers/kids - 1, 2, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 18, 19, 20
    teens - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 14. 15, 17, 20
    young adults - 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 15, 17, 20
    Adults - 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 17
    Elders - 1, 2, 4, 8, 9, 15, 17
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    I’d probably only ever use #4 and #6.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Howdy Simmers!

Our next round of voting will kick off on Monday January 27th at 10am PST. You’ll be voting for the Create-A-Sim clothing that will be featured in our Arts & Crafts Stuff Pack, with an emphasis on knitted attire. The vote will feature knitted items, as well as crafty clothing with DIY accents.

Our art team is hard at work finalizing the concept you’ll see in the survey, but we wanted to give you a sneak peek before the weekend.
    Check out the fabulous hats that could be included in this stuff pack (but only if you vote for them ; -)

HWNlA3D.jpg

What age groups would you like to see wearing these hats? Share your feedback in the comments below.

Have a great weekend, and Happy Simming!

From my favourite to least favourite

4: I love this hat I could imagine female sims of all ages wearing this. I think it could be comparatively easy to knit (for a hat).

17 Again would look great on female sims of all ages, worried it might sit a bit high on the head like the seasons ones. Might be slightly harder to knit than the previous one.

6 Looks warm and cosy (button on hat is unnecessary), looks comparatively easy to knit, looks more gender neutral but more for teen-elders rather toddler's-children. Would look great on Muslim sims but wouldn't be exclusive to them.

10 Grandma started knitting this as soon as she heard her daughter/daughter in law was pregnant and dresses her toddler grandchild in this when she take him/her to the park in winter. Has to make sure her precious grandbaby is warm. (Picture a toddler that very bundled up for the cold weather). Moderate difficulty (because of the colour pattern.)

5 Depending on the colour swatches it is gender and age neutral. Moderate difficulty. Worried it sits too high on the head like the seasons ones.

19 Looks warm and cosy. Age and gender neutral. Moderate to high difficulty. Similar in style to 2 but think it is a more feasible hat to knit.

9 A cute hat for female sims of all ages. Worried it sits too high on the head like the seasons ones. Moderate to high difficulty.

8 A cute hat for female sims teen-elder. Worried it sits too high on the head like the seasons ones. High difficulty.

16 A cute hat for toddlers, kids and sims who are young at heart. Gender neutral. Moderate to high difficulty.

3 A cute hat for female sims of all ages. Worried it sits too high on the head like the seasons ones. Moderate difficulty

15 Age and gender neutral. Worried it sits too high on the head like the seasons ones. Low difficulty

11 Gender neutral. badges make it looks more a hat for teens-elders, Worried it sits too high on the head like the seasons ones. Low difficulty. Maybe have a kids and toddler version without the badges.

14 A cute hat for female toddlers.

15 Cute gender neutral hat for toddlers and children but if my sim was going to knit a teddy I would much rather it was a toy with the functionally of a large stuffed animal but can be carried in the inventory and cuddled when the child or toddler is sleeping. Worried it sits too high on the head like the seasons ones. Moderate difficulty

1 Cute hat, age and gender neutral. Worried it sits too high on the head like the seasons ones. High difficulty, peak on hat makes it look more like a store brought item rather than something you would knit at home.

18 For male sims teen-elder, A complex project for a home knitter.

2 Age and gender neutral, High difficulty but the fleece lining makes it look more like a store bought item rather than something that is knitted at home. I prefer 19 which is a similar style but look more like something can be knitted at home.

20 Cute idea but how would you even knit this?

13 I hate everything about this hat.

7 Should not be in the survey, does not look knitted, does not fit with the theme, we have enough this style of hat already.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    Oooh I love 10 so much. Need this for my tots!
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    MsShaSha wrote: »
    It's not going to be easy to choose, is it?

No not very hard to choose, I seldom use hats, they don't fit well and most are too silly.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I’m loving 4, 11 and 12! I think a lot of these would be fantastic for all ages, but 12, 19 and 20 are my favourites for toddlers!
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I really love 10,12,16, and 19 but I also really like 4,14,15,20. I think these could be for all ages but especially for children and toddlers.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Honestly, I want all the hats for EVERY age group.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited January 2020
    How about we just do this :sunglasses:
    OxAG4gL.png

yes I am already thinking where we could put these hats instead of this stuff pack
    because my crystal ball tells me there is gonna be many items I really want TT

the viking one is about only one I can't place anywhere else no matter how much I try :joy:
    maybe in a update?
    otherwise it is pretty much war between animal hats and hats i put for winter vacation
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Since the winning theme was DIY, I've decided for tomorrow's vote, I'll pick the options that give me the strongest DIY feel and are most fitting for toddlers, children, and elders.

And babies cuz I'm still hoping they'll get something. :P
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Since the winning theme was DIY, I've decided for tomorrow's vote, I'll pick the options that give me the strongest DIY feel and are most fitting for toddlers, children, and elders.

And babies cuz I'm still hoping they'll get something. :P

I'm going to focus on toddlers, kids and elders too.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited January 2020
    For everyone who want Sims' ears to be covered, it sounds like that won't be the case for some of the hats. SimGuru Ninja responded to a tweet from someone asking if their ears will be covered with the beanie hats by saying that they will be like the ones we already have in game. That makes me want to just vote for all the ones you can see covering the ears. :(
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    If you're having trouble picturing how these hats might look on a sim... is Deligracy close enough?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGbcbgndRwE&amp;t=209s

Silly as it may seem, I found it strangely helpful. :smile:
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    2 has to make it in!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Most of them look dippy enough for toddlers and children. I might pick 3, 4, 9 and 17 for females. I wouldn't pick any of them for male Sims of any age.

They should have included a straw hat with plastic flowers.
  • MyTrueLoveTS1MyTrueLoveTS1 Posts: 32 Member
    > @SimGuruSarah said:
    > Howdy Simmers!
    >
    > Our next round of voting will kick off on Monday January 27th at 10am PST. You’ll be voting for the Create-A-Sim clothing that will be featured in our Arts & Crafts Stuff Pack, with an emphasis on knitted attire. The vote will feature knitted items, as well as crafty clothing with DIY accents.
    >
    > Our art team is hard at work finalizing the concept you’ll see in the survey, but we wanted to give you a sneak peek before the weekend.
    > Check out the fabulous hats that could be included in this stuff pack (but only if you vote for them ; -)
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > What age groups would you like to see wearing these hats? Share your feedback in the comments below.
    >
    > Have a great weekend, and Happy Simming!

It seems we will have a very limited amount of items that will be included so that's why I'm only picking what I deem essential for hats. This unfortunately means I'll pass on the super cute llama hat (20) for something more practical (too bad, really).

(2,4) work well for elders and adults.
    (6) works well for adults and teens.
    (10) works for children and toddlers.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd like to see clothing for different ages. Clearly some of these are for kids but I don't want to leave out the adults and YAs entirely.

My favorite is #3. It's the one that jumps at me in a good way. I also kind of like #19 and #2 because they look practical for all ages. I kind of like #17. I actually kind of like # 1, #15, and #10. With 15 votes, only my vote for #3 is assured.

I do like the animal hats for kids though I wouldn't only want animal hats.

#4 looks like it could be modified for kids and also work for female elders.

I don't like some of these in these swatches. I'm not crazy about the bows. I'll see what the other items are.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    9 is my fav while do love the look of many of them. Sims of all ages use hats in my game. Even the silly sad clown hats my waiters use in the ice cream restaurant. lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top