Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

STILL with this???!!!

Comments

• PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Thank god for MCC... I use it to replace all situation outfits because they kinda drive me crazy.
  • under_sun_and_skyunder_sun_and_sky Posts: 96 Member
    Those outfits annoy me SO MUCH. This is supposed to be a LIFE SIMULATOR. Part of life is dressing yourself, and townies can't even manage that without looking like they stumbled into a clown store in the dark and bought the whole store out. it's not realistic at all. I use this mod so that the game doesn't generate random townies and instead uses existing sims, which has saved my sanity because I was SO SICK of going into CAS over and over to remove the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 eyeball rings and socks with leggings with sandals and glasses and hats and huge earrings with no matching colors GAAAHHH. That mod has saved my life but for the sake of all things holy the team needs to DO something about this.
    tumblr_pg992c6rBP1r42s8uo1_400.gifv
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Those outfits annoy me SO MUCH. This is supposed to be a LIFE SIMULATOR. Part of life is dressing yourself, and townies can't even manage that without looking like they stumbled into a clown store in the dark and bought the whole store out. it's not realistic at all. I use this mod so that the game doesn't generate random townies and instead uses existing sims, which has saved my sanity because I was SO SICK of going into CAS over and over to remove the plum eyeball rings and socks with leggings with sandals and glasses and hats and huge earrings with no matching colors GAAAHHH. That mod has saved my life but for the sake of all things holy the team needs to DO something about this.

Will give this a shot, thanks!
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    logion wrote: »
    You people are overreacting its a game and you can fix the problems using mods. I am sorry if most don't use mods but that came with City Living when we got the festivals. No game is going to perfect and no game is going to make everyone play the game but we all choose what to spend our own money on.

Modders do not fix situational outfits. They disable them. Because the situational clothing generator works so badly. Same with how the game generates townies, no modder can fix the way the game generates townies and their outfits, the best thing they are able to do is to reduce townie generation. EA are even faking townies in their trailers because it looks so bad.
    @MadIris i think you are overacting there are mods that exist to fix this problem if this happens to your sims its very easy to fix you just enter into create a sim again for your household and change your sims outfits i see no point in over reacting for such a minor detail.

These are situational outfits. They are not in CAS, they are outfits that the game generates for situations and you cannot edit them unfortunately. Maxis keeps adding more to every pack: City Living outfits, Fake Vampire outfits, Rain Outfits, Celebrity Outfits, Island Living Outfits and Realm of Magic Outfits all of them have clothing and accessories that have nothing to do with the situation because again, the generator is so badly designed. If you have CC clothing and accessories, then the game will use them, even if they are disabled for random.

There is also a bug with accessories getting generated to other outfits, like towel outfits.
    And another bug with accessories getting stuck on situational outfits, for example the knight helmet from bar nights.

Thank you.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Agreed, I do not find it funny at all. The thing I find most annoying is that they are pretending that everything is just fine in trailers and in their marketing materials.

TRUE, they never show up in the trailers like that. In fact, THIS IS ONE ISSUE EA NEVER WANTs TO EVEN ADDRESS OR FIX. While I have noticed that it sometimes helps to dress some of the townies in CAS, they STILL tend to turn up at events, festivals, and public lots dressed in ridiculous mismatched outfits...Ughh!
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    You people are overreacting its a game and you can fix the problems using mods. I am sorry if most don't use mods but that came with City Living when we got the festivals. No game is going to perfect and no game is going to make everyone play the game but we all choose what to spend our own money on.
    People are not overreacting just because they are bothered by something that doesn’t bother you.
    How would you know if it bothers me? I mean sometimes it will bother me other times it will just make me laugh how they are dressed and I guess because I use mods it’s not bothering me.
    Well, it bothers you less then. And you do think people are overreacting, which means you think they are bothered by it too much. But:

Modders do not fix situational outfits. They disable them. Because the situational clothing generator works so badly. Same with how the game generates townies, no modder can fix the way the game generates townies and their outfits, the best thing they are able to do is to reduce townie generation. EA are even faking townies in their trailers because it looks so bad.
    @MadIris i think you are overacting there are mods that exist to fix this problem if this happens to your sims its very easy to fix you just enter into create a sim again for your household and change your sims outfits i see no point in over reacting for such a minor detail.

These are situational outfits. They are not in CAS, they are outfits that the game generates for situations and you cannot edit them unfortunately. Maxis keeps adding more to every pack: City Living outfits, Fake Vampire outfits, Rain Outfits, Celebrity Outfits, Island Living Outfits and Realm of Magic Outfits all of them have clothing and accessories that have nothing to do with the situation because again, the generator is so badly designed. If you have CC clothing and accessories, then the game will use them, even if they are disabled for random.

There is also a bug with accessories getting generated to other outfits, like towel outfits.
    And another bug with accessories getting stuck on situational outfits, for example the knight helmet from bar nights.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I mean, whats the purpose of situational outfit other than just annoyance? If they want to make townies don cosplay in city living festival then they can create a template for that so townies can pick one of the templates for each sim instead of tagging each of the clothing item suitable for situational outfits and randomly choose from each of those. Or even better disable the broken feature altogether like they did with spa and soak in hybrid bathtub
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Also dont forget the hideous dark form outfit in a newborn vampire, like why the hell suddenly they have violet hair and every accesories equipped.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Situational outfits are one of the biggest thorns in my side with this game. I've begged the devs on numerous occasions to do away with them. I can't get MCC to work for some reason, but I have found mods to remove the Star Wars & festival outfits, it helps some, but they still wear costumes to Geek Con. I was nearly reduced to tears in one save, when I sent my sim to the magical realm & found L. Faba walking around in a green llama costume. I couldn't get it off her either, she was in her normal clothes in bars & venues, but in that awful costume in the realm & in my sims texts. Sorry, Gurus, but I just fail to see the humor in this.

Those tourist outfits are also getting on my nerves. Why do they need to change into those to visit San Myshuno, when the outfits created for them are perfectly appropriate for a stroll through the city? I even hate them in Selvadorada, so many are wearing them there that I almost can't distinguish one sim from another. Why not give us costume, festival & tourist outfit categories if it's so important that our sims change clothes for those occasions. I'm very picky about what my sims wear, so I get doubly annoyed when the game changes their clothes.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Modders do not fix situational outfits. They disable them.

I beg to differ. It's entirely possible to set situational outfits that look okay. It's just a lot more work and wouldn't make sense as a mod as each and every piece of CAS content would have to be tweaked.

I got several mods that alter situational outfits, for instance for the Romance Festial. An other example is my partytoddlers mod, esp. the funeral module. There's also my trash panda overhaul and my betrothed outfit mod.
    All of these do create don't disable but alter situational outfits.

The thing is, altering situational outfits is a lot more work than just disabling them. Also, such mods are a lot bigger in size and more likely to clash with other mods. This is no excuse for EA not tagging their stuff correctly, though.

You might have noticed that the situational outfits from DU look a bit better than previous situational outfits.

Still I personally don't get why they should force situational outfits on Sims. Maybe they want to hide the townie generation problem (badly dressed townies). What we should get all along with getting rid of situational outfits is a tool to create out own styles and allow them to be put on townies randomly.

Oh yeah I forgot, you do have some nice mods that tunes them. I was mostly thinking of Deaderpool's mods and Zero's mods which disables them and instead the sims will use saved outfits.
    The situational outfits in DU does look somewhat better... but I can't tell if that is because there are less items in the tags for the DU outfits or not... organizational outfits do not seem to have that much different clothing.

As for the forcing with situational outfits and not even bothering to tag them correctly...no I really don't get it. Maxis are spending so much time and effort into making these worlds, these sims and their clothes... they are adding modeling...animations...and they are creating some great looking content.

Then they just randomize the generated sims and their outfits so they look awful and they also randomize situational outfits as well and then they make jokes about it?

@logion:
    You guess right, it IS because there are less items in the tags for the DU outfits, BUT it is possible to set more than one outfit tag for the same situation. EA already made use of that with the Granite Falls attire as well as with Vampire walkbys (though extremely badly executed in the second case). It is a lot more work though, and prone to breaking with different creators working on the same assets in different teams (Stuff Pack, Game Pack, Expansion Pack, Patch Team). If reckon if two creators on different teams add a different tag to the same piece of clothing, only one of them will make it to the game. It is then extremely tedious to find out which piece of CAS content is missing a necessary tag. As long as there is no piece of clothing left for a specific tag, the game will pick a completely random piece instead, resulting in the situational outfit bug.

That is why I don't understand why EA don't use the opportunity of their fans being disgusted by situational outfits to get rid of most of them.

A second step would be to completely disable accessories, hats and glasses for random. I mean, yes, they might be a nice tough in some cases, but townies are looking so much better without these CAS items being forced on them. Players can still choose to add some accessories manually to newly generated townies at any time, and that's how it should be.
    Same goes with the island living skirts, these totally should be disabled from beeing randomly assigned to a townie.

What I would consider a truely good idea as well is if EA could ship a set of role townies with each new EP. I mean if the game needs for example six students that are in the debate club the game should ship with six townies that are in the debate club and decently dressed for it and accordingly described when you look at the Sim in manage worlds. Players could then still change the appearance of Sims they don't like, but they would not be forced to style a riduculous amount of new Sims with every pack release. Also the Sim team should take extra care to determine whether a certain role really needs to allow for generating a new Sim for it. In most cases there are different kinds of Sims allowed to spawn anyway, so if there is no elder NPC who has never been played and is currently not busy, the game shouldn't be forced to create such a Sim if it can very well just send an adult Sim as a walkby instead.

A really really cool feature they could add would be the ability to tag a Sim to determine in which worlds he's allowed to show up and maybe even if he is allowed to take on a job. I highly doubt that we'll ever get anything like this with TS 4, though.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    People are not overreacting just because they are bothered by something that doesn’t bother you.
    How would you know if it bothers me? I mean sometimes it will bother me other times it will just make me laugh how they are dressed and I guess because I use mods it’s not bothering me.
    Well, it bothers you less then. And you do think people are overreacting, which means you think they are bothered by it too much. But:

But @83bienchen is a modder and explained that it’s more then disabling the situation outfits.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

But @83bienchen is a modder and explained that it’s more then disabling the situation outfits.
    “The thing is, altering situational outfits is a lot more work than just disabling them. Also, such mods are a lot bigger in size and more likely to clash with other mods. This is no excuse for EA not tagging their stuff correctly, though.”

I just fail to see how people are overreacting when there’s something really annoying in their game that needs a heavy mod at best to get rid of, that’s all.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    What I was saying is that there are mods that attempt to fix situational outfits without completely disabling them. But it totally could be done by disabling situational outfits as a whole if EA chooses to. There are several ways they could fix the problem, so no way to excuse them for not taking on the responsability.

In general, I'd be more reluctant to tell people they overact. There are a lot of players that don't use mods - for whatever reasons, all of them being totally fine - and for those the problem is real. Even for those who do use mods, the problem is real because they are always dependant on the modders' work to keep their games looking as they wish.

Leaning back and say "oh, well, there's already a modder who fixed the issue, so EA don't have to do anything" is the wrong approach. The right approach should be to look into how the problem was fixed and implement it with a patch if sensible. That would also have the side effect that modders could actually spend more of their time fixing new issues than keeping fixes for bugs up to date that have been around for several years and still remain untouched by EA. It would moreover have the side effect that players have to spend less time with updating their mods after each pack and patch releases. In general, it would increase player satisfaction.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    edited January 2020
    83bienchen wrote: »
    What I was saying is that there are mods that attempt to fix situational outfits without completely disabling them. But it totally could be done by disabling situational outfits as a whole if EA chooses to. There are several ways they could fix the problem, so no way to excuse them for not taking on the responsability.

In general, I'd be more reluctant to tell people they overact. There are a lot of players that don't use mods - for whatever reasons, all of them being totally fine - and for those the problem is real. Even for those who do use mods, the problem is real because they are always dependant on the modders' work to keep their games looking as they wish.

Leaning back and say "oh, well, there's already a modder who fixed the issue, so EA don't have to do anything" is the wrong approach. The right approach should be to look into how the problem was fixed and implement it with a patch if sensible. That would also have the side effect that modders could actually spend more of their time fixing new issues than keeping fixes for bugs up to date that have been around for several years and still remain untouched by EA. It would moreover have the side effect that players have to spend less time with updating their mods after each pack and patch releases. In general, it would increase player satisfaction.
    Exactly. Like, I’m still really annoyed by the fact they decided it was a good idea for mermaids to spawn automatically in IP (TS3), after hearing loud and clear simmers don’t like this spawning, resulting in EA adding a tool to disable that from happening even for every life state so far. Then they made the same mistake and made sure mermaids spawn, no matter in what world you play, and you can’t to this day disable it. It irritates me, even when I have NRaas MC now that allows me to remove unwanted scales easily. I praise Twallan for that but it shouldn’t have been necessary in the first place.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    What would make this mess much simpler is for EA to go back to what works. In TS2 townies have 1 outfit per category (everyday, formal, swimming, etc.) and that's it. Period. End of discussion. Admittedlly we have a much older version here, but the principle should still apply, one normal outfit per situation with no fishing throughout the entire outfit and accessory catalogue.
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 252 Member
    I'd forgotten about NPC CC, TYSVM.
    Hey Seadogge Navy life was easier, we Numbered the uniforms,1's 3's 10's etc lol
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    And better in many ways. To quote from Dickens, it was the best of times and the worst of times.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited January 2020
    I sympathize with people's frustration. Not too long ago, my elder grandfather Sim decided to take up a career in gardening and for the first time ever I saw him wear pink high heel women's shoes. Now I make him work from home. He's just too old and frail for those kinds of shoes. Another time I saw a Sim show up at Geek Con in underwear and a winter hat.

But at the Festivals, which is one of my favourite game features, I sometimes just can't cope with the fashion on display, especially after I've loaded a new game and gone through the painstaking process of reclothing hundreds of premades and correcting their walk postures. What I do is, I usually strike up a conversation to ask them to show some other outfit. I don't care what they change into as long as it's not worse, a gym outfit is usually safest for a newly generated Sim. The drawback here is that there is a slight risk that they might call your Sim on the phone or even show up at your house to visit you. So after you make them put on gym clothes, you might want to be a little mean to them, so that they don't ever try to contact you again.

I don't think that the mods help although they are tempting. What if you install a mod to fix something, and then they patch it, but because you had already let a mod fix it, the Maxis patch doesn't fix it but breaks it even more or breaks something totally different as a reaction? I'm very worried about that.

What I really want is to run a clothing store and have the newly generated Sims wearing only the latest fashion I created on the mannequins. We could have mannequins for each neighbourhood or festival and design outfits for each situation etc.
    Post edited by Elliandre on
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited January 2020
    I thought work outfits were immune to this, but nope! My marine biologist just came home in the wet suit (appropriate work attire) and the high heeled boots from the vampires pack. *facepalm* 1. Not work appropriate. 2. He is a full hetero sim, not trans, not bi, not anything like that so why on earth was HE wearing the WOMAN'S boots. I thought we had to tick that box in CAS to make them cross dress? I am not against it, I have sims that do this, but this was one of my "manly men" sims, (even so, orientation aside, NO ONE should be wearing heeled boots to a job on the beach). I thought it was a one off, so I sent him to work the next day hoping he would wear the rubber boots or trainers or something, anything not high heels. Nope, off he went in his heels... because that would be so easy to walk in sand with... I'd be ok with flippers at this point.

Is there any way we can edit work outfits?
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited January 2020
    Camkat wrote: »
    Yes, you can enter the following cheat:
    open up the console: ctrl+shift+c
    then enter the following: sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas to edit the work outfit for your selected sim

Work outfits are bugged too, I'm not sure if that is because the clothing generator is not working (so the generator is just adding random clothing to the work outfit) or because they have added more clothing to whatever tags they are using for the work outfits.

I fear for what will happen if Maxis will just keep adding more clothes to these tags. Will we have vampire-werewolf-city living sims with knitted clothing and high heels walking around when they will go to work?
    Camkat wrote: »
    Yes, you can enter the following cheat:
    open up the console: ctrl+shift+c
    then enter the following: sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas to edit the work outfit for your selected sim

Work outfits are bugged too, I'm not sure if that is because the clothing generator is not working (so the generator is just adding random clothing to the work outfit) or because they have added more clothing to whatever tags they are using for the work outfits.

I fear for what will happen if Maxis will just keep adding more clothes to these tags. Will we have vampire-werewolf-city living sims with knitted clothing and high heels walking around when they will go to work?

Thanks so much for this! I will definitely be using this now. Up until this last instance that I've described, I have never seen an issue with the work outfits. Only festivals.

I'm normally opposed to cheats, but I make exceptions when I'm fixing their game.
  • AliisavasAliisavas Posts: 29 Member
    I think they shouldn't make the "weirdos" completely disappear, but rather make them a rare sight. Like, a very small percentage of the townies would prefer those funny hats and stuff, while the rest would dress more casually. That way, seeing a quirky outfit on a townie could actually be special and even amusing. :smile:
    Aliisavas wrote: »
    I think they shouldn't make the "weirdos" completely disappear, but rather make them a rare sight. Like, a very small percentage of the townies would prefer those funny hats and stuff, while the rest would dress more casually. That way, seeing a quirky outfit on a townie could actually be special and even amusing. :smile:

I could actually agree with this and I wouldn't mind at all if this is how it was/worked.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    The problem is they either over do it or under do it. Like alien abductions and vampires breaking it. They need to have toggles where we can adjust what percentage of what we want in the game whether it be weirder townies, abductions,vampire break in etc.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited January 2020
    @EnkiSchmidt

HA! That would be interesting. But on an aside, I had no idea "bloody" even when used in the British sense for emphasis, was a swear word. I use it sometimes but I also have a very New England mouth, so that "bloody" seems quaint and harmless compared to what I usually follow it with.

As for the weird accessories, this doesn't seem to happen much in my game, and I have no idea why. I guess I'm grateful. It would be funny, to a point. But having everyone walk around like a moving flea market all the time would be a big problem, especially if you have to go messing with their wardrobes to fix it.

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg