Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Placing a Cafeteria Station should automatically spawn a NPC worker

For commercial lots; objects like the Cafeteria Station, Espresso Bar, Food Stall etc... should automatically spawn a barista, mixologist, servers, etc... regardless of the lot type (why else would someone place these objects down).

The Cafeteria Station from Discover University is a great item that lets you create cafeterias, for example: in museums, libraries, pools, etc... but it shouldn't require you to Hire a NPC every time you visit.

The massage tables & Instructor Yoga mat from Spa Day work like this and are great; if I put these objects down at gyms, pools or even parks the NPCs will show up regardless of the lot type and sims will even join group yoga at the park, which is cool.

As far as I've tested, the Cafeteria Station only works on university lots (and the barista bar only works at cafes). It would be cool to have multi-lot-types this way.

Comments

• Options
    Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    Yeah, I’ve wanted to have concession stations at pools, in parks, etc but from what I can tell that isn’t possible unless you specifically hire someone to work the stand
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I don't understand why they made it so you can't use it on other lots. Is it really that hard to code in?
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    I agree with this idea I hate buying a vendor every time
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    100% Agree.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    YEEESS!!!
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yep, agreed
  • Options
    under_sun_and_skyunder_sun_and_sky Posts: 96 Member
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    I don't understand why they made it so you can't use it on other lots. Is it really that hard to code in?

Considering they were able to do it in the Sims 2, I would say no. In the meantime, littlemisssam has a mod that gives you the option to have employees automatically spawn with the lot trait equipped. I don't think it's been updated for cafeterias yet, but for everything else it works quite nicely.
    tumblr_pg992c6rBP1r42s8uo1_400.gifv
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I completely agree I hate having to hire someone to work the stands.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"