Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long are your seasons?

I'm trying to decide if I should make my seasons longer. I would love to know what you think is the best length for seasons and why?

How long are your seasons? 260 votes

7 Days
21%
Akl500Pauroraael14JadeleineihavesorelegsnowCamkatkeekee53MaryVannelanorbretonsimgirl1010cchant86luthienrisingzagboorulesldmarkoSimSwim2NezImaniAquariusMomPlumbobCrossingCary1213kellzafallenangel66 57 votes
14 Days
38%
simjenn2004Kita5399GalacticGalalexspoom13SimmervilleCabelle1863mollymegan82overonPlayerSinger2010SusanaLeoteasimbsimAlainar415GoldenBuffyilovejewel17Mariefoxprice83freindlylolIObelleDP1916loubyloulouSxcDannii202 101 votes
28 Days
39%
IcewolfLaBlue0314grevilliabluebandit5alan650111xbecky685xjeLlyBeAn1573UnDutchablelove7680MartinvSikoahGraceJueJueSaunta2lisamwittStilettoBlackAlrynnMeteoraStormThunderbat87justChrisUkcandy8 102 votes

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I've no idea. lol
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    14 Days
    I play on long life, and 14 days feels just about right for most sims to experience a full year for each life stage. (The exceptions being toddlers, since their life stage is only 28 days long so they only get two seasons; and babies who I usually age up within a day or two.)
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    28 Days
    I was thinking about it but for me it depends on the families I have gotten attached to sims on short with 7 days and normal on 14 days, though usually I prefer this length. I currently have a save with long life and shorter seasons we'll see how that goes.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    14 Days
    14 so my sims can see many season changes in their life time.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    14 Days
    I started with 7 days, but I needed more time to get through all my households :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    14 Days
    I used to play with 7 days but the change on seasons was very fast. The change is much more beautiful with bigger lenght imo
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited January 2020
    28 Days
    I play with aging off and like to have time to appreciate each season thoroughly. It also leaves plenty of time for and between holidays.
    Post edited by Nindigo on

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I switch a lot. I get tired of everyone dying and all the storms (my sims live in Sulani a lot) in the winter so I make them go fast and slow it down for spring and summer haha
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    14 Days
    14 days, but I have a custom lifespan set with MCCC.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited January 2020
    14 Days
    Mine are 14 days. It feels like the perfect balance to me for the way I play my game.

7 days is way too short and unrealistic for everything I do in my game. I play with a lot of holidays and 1 week seasons would make almost every other day a holiday. I also just think it goes by way too fast. 1 week isn't enough time to digest a season. I prefer to have time to fully enjoy everything, let the seasons actually transition from one to the next and 2 weeks is great for that. When the pack first came out, I tried played seasons on one week. Going from autumn to winter, was crazy. Literally the moment it struck midnight, snow was all over San Myshuno. It was way too quick and unrealistic of a jump for me.

28 days on the other hand is waaaayyyyyy too long for my tastes. I'd get extremely bored of a season by the time the third week of a season began. My biggest reason for this is winter. I really don't like snow. I enjoy the wintery feel of snow, but I'd die if I had to play through 4 whole weeks of snow and blizzards. 2 weeks is enough. Also, I give my kids and teens summer and winter breaks, which means they get the entirety of summer off and 1 week of winter off. If I played 28 days, that would be 4 weeks of summer off and 2 weeks of winter. I enjoy playing with kids in this game (teens not so much), but there's not nearly enough for either them to do out of school for that long. It would become very repetitive and I'd find myself just wishing for the breaks to just end already.

That said, let it been known that I play with aging off. If you play with aging on, it might affect how long you'd want you seasons to last based on how quickly sims age. For me personally, 14 days is the perfect length to have all of the holidays I want at a good distance apart without it feeling like the seasons are moving to quickly or too slowly.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    14 Days
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    7 Days
    The shortest one only cuz I don't play the game so often anymore. And if I want to extend it or whatever, I'll let my sim use the machine.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    14 Days
    I have 14 day with long life span on my current save and I think it works out great. I like the fact everyone can enjoy each season in each of their stages of life.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    28 Days
    My sims live in a world like Game of Thrones where each season lasts for years...

Actually for an entire rotation my sims all age about 4 years and experience 3 1/2 seasons, so it's not that bad. It gives me room for the number of holidays I want without them occurring every other day, and I can play 4 families with each season before it changes so I feel like I get tim eto enjoy them all.
  • FroilFroil Posts: 102 Member
    21 Days. Got that one mod that changes seasons to last three weeks. It just feels right to me.
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    28 Days
    But only because I am playing four households in rotation. They get a week each.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    7 Days
    7 days, to be honest, I forgot you could change it. Heh :p
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    14 Days
    7 days is too short... 28 days is way too long! 14 days is perfect for my game! :smile: Also, it allows children and teenagers to both experience all four seasons (since I play with long life spans), which is great for family play!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    28 Days
    I made my seasons 28 days. I play rotationally through a few households with aging off ( in the played households along with a few choice townies that are near and dear to me) and my sims dont age up until tge same day the following year. All in all its pretty long gameplay but it works for me 🙂
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    14 Days
    14 day seasons for me. 7 was way too short, and 24 was way too long, which made it impossible to get a sim to experience a whole year. I play on a normal lifespan, and for me 14 is perfect. A sim as a toddler and child can experience at least 2 seasons. And young adults, adults, and elders can experience a whole year of seasons.
    Proud simmer
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    28 Days
    28 days but when summer rolls around I flip over to 7 until it’s fall.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    14 Days
    14 days is my preferred option, I usually use that in my aging off saves. If I do have aging on, normal or custom lifespan, I usually have 7 day seasons. If I play rotational, it's often 28 day seasons.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    28 Days
    I’ve played with aging off and 14 days season in this save for almost 1,5 years. But recently I felt seasons and holidays went too fast, so I’ve changed the season to 28 days. I really like the change so far.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    7 Days
    I have 7 days because I play with normal lifespan.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    28 Days
    I play between long life span to aging off, it only feel right to me to have the max setting for seasons.