Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play families often?

13...Next

Comments

• AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Yes!
    I tend to exclusively play families. The bigger, the better!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    Yes!
    Yes, I have always played family style and mostly challenges or legacies. Usually my family grows up to 3-5th generation. In the Sims 4 I like rotational style and I have multiple families on same save going on. I have tried to play with single sims but I get bored with that very fast. My sims always want to find spouse and start their own family lol. They can be single parent tough or alien can be pollinating the neighborhood but they always have kids. However, I do add some fun characters from the gallery to roam around in the neighborhoods and make it interesting. I just never find any depth on just developing skills and meeting friends with one single sim. They might start as single and work on their career for a while tough, before they start their own family.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Yes!
    I usually play with families. I usually have a teen, a child, a toddler, and maybe one age group in twins. I love having elder grandparents too. I don't keep the baby age for long though, they cry way too much.

I make up a lot of paid holidays in the calendar, so the adult Sims can stay home and still get paid and the kids can stay home from school.

I usually create Sims as single females, and it's nice at the beginning to have time to skill build, but it feels boring and lonely very quickly.

I can't play families with autonomy on though, I find they just do crazy things and the toddlers run around making a mess throwing paint everywhere
  • NumeriusAsiniusNumeriusAsinius Posts: 14 New Member
    Yes!
    I do play families generally. At moment I'm playing a YA that went to university, but had been part of a family prior.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes!
    Families are all I play I have a few single Sim households or roommate households but I rarely use those there more so just to have dating options that are not ugly townies and to see my Sims around town. So I completely agree with this game needing more family play options and I'll add more activities that can be done by a group of Sims of all ages with more than 2 Sims and freed babies.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,364 Member
    Yes!
    I used to play a single sim because my computer would lag with more than one sim. Since upgrading my computer I've been playing only families, I've tried going back to one sim but get bored.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yes!
    I voted yes. I sometimes play different types of households but there are many families in my game.

Nearly all of my sims eventually settle into having families with children which is how the generations continue.

Family content is useful in my game and is a part of my game. It's just the case that my sims sometimes take time to settle into their families.

For example, I played StrangerVille with a single female sim who was quite independent. She didn't pursue romance until after she solved the mystery. She then married one of the guys who helped her solve the mystery. Now, her household is a family with her spouse, two daughters and her dog. So, now it has turned into family play.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Yes!
    Always. I play rotation, so they have extended families too. I play each sim from birth till death so I get to play every stage of their lives.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    Yes!
    Like the majority of my rotational households are families of 5+. My most recent is a transitioning empty-nester back into a full house (his brother, nephews $ sister in-law, as well as two of his older kids got married and moved out) so he's been raising his four newest children, and recently his two oldest children moved back in.
  • EnnaelEnnael Posts: 86 Member
    Yes!
    I get so bored with single Sims, and couples without kids.
    50617862938_30d24ee877_o.gif
  • LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    Yes!
    I love my families and I have been playing with families snice the first sims! I do play on some single sims in the beginning but eventually the household gets bigger in one way or another. :)
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    Yes!
    Had to add here... I really like that MCCC adds a risky woohoo percentage. Random pregnancies are a welcome addition to family gameplay. I'm going one direction then I get a sky full of confetti. Game changer, I really like unplanned events and occurrences.

Those toddlers are little stinkers, but they are the cutest things to ever exist without fur.