Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 Thanks for the comments!
    I rarely let my sims take off work either unless it's for a birthday and I've planned the party for around the time that sim goes to work. Then, I'll let that sim have off.

@Shadow_Assassin Such cute pictures! I love ghost simmies. :)

@Silverofdreams30 I'll try to stick around this time. My game seems to be running pretty smoothly, thankfully.
    Luca's LTW is to Woohoo with 5 different sims in 5 different places. One of his wants at the moment is to woohoo during the full moon. I'm kind of saving that want for Rei.
    I think they're both cute too and would make pretty babies! :)

@Nikkei_Simmer I remember that story of yours! :)
    Oops, poor Sunset Valley. :D

@PalmArrow Very cute update! I rarely change my sims appearances at the salon. I should start doing that more often, but I also don't trust Stylists to give me something that I'll like. :lol: Her outfits are cute though! I especially love her formalwear!
    I love when sims get generated in ridiculous outfits or hairs. :lol: Most of the time I let them keep it, especially if I know that my current family isn't going to be interacting with them much.
    Mausoleum sounds like an interesting field trip. Most of my field trips in school consisted of trips to the Science Museum or History Museum. Although, one time we visited Sea World and spent the night at one of the bigger aquariums. So, that was pretty fun.

@Lucy_Henley Great update! Toddlers really are cute, but a big handful! If I have more than one toddler, I always use the stuff from the Store to teach them their skills. Also, I don't know if this is a bug, but whenever I do put them in the playpen, their needs don't go down. It's a little odd, but handy if my adult sims want to do something else. :lol:

@Nikkei_Simmer Awww, such sweet pictures! I'm sure her bachelorette friends will be supportive, but...probably jealous behind her back. :lol: The size of the ring never matters, it's about how much the two love each other. My boyfriend could get me a 50 cent plastic ring from one of those little machines and I'd still love him. <3

I'll try to post an update later. I woke up earlier feeling bleh and am still feeling that way. I think it's just womanly problems, but the heat doesn't help either. We're trying to keep our A/C turned off because a bill we received day before yesterday was a lot higher than what we normally get and we think it's because we've been running our A/C too much. Anyways, I'll try to post my update later!
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    edited January 2020
    Alrighty everyone. Tonight is the night I debut the first chapter of my Stardew Valley Sims 3 Fanfiction. :smiley: Whew! I hope it's all perfected because I did some holy editing on this for the past couple of days! :confounded:

Anyway, I hope all of you will enjoy reading it even if you aren't familiar with Stardew Valley. I'll help you get a little familiar with it, and the characters, over the course of this first chapter. ;)

(Gonna type this like I would on my blog since I always copy from here and paste it over there. :p )

Pelican Town to Sims Town
    A Stardew Valley Fanfiction

Disclaimer: "Stardew Valley" and it's respective characters in this story are the property of ConcernedApe - creator and game developer. I do not claim these characters as my own, original characters.
    *There are some situations and events that will happen in this story that may trigger some unpleasant emotions or memories. As I always like to go for realism in my stories, please read at your own risk.*

Author's Note: This story stems from the gigantic world of my imagination. :) I know that some of you readers are HUGE fans of the "Stardew Valley" game (I love that you're here! <3 ) and most likely have a very deep connection to these characters and how you interpret their personalities, as well as who you think they should date, etc. I have the utmost respect for that and it's why I've done my very best to keep the characters personalities and histories as true to canon as possible. Just as I have my own connections to and feelings about these characters, I hope that in that regard you will greatly enjoy this story regardless of whether you agree with what happens or not. ;)

Before moving on I'd just like to throw in here how Marnie beautifully validates the basic Plot of my story straight from the game itself. :blush:

She asked if my character had met her neighbor, The Wizard, and then said:

49436991843_05357ddf4a.jpg

:mrgreen:

The Characters

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Stardew Valley, here are a couple of charts for you to get familiar with the names and faces of the characters involved in this story. :)

49436992328_7f8b2a073f_z.jpg

49437688402_c936d56e58_z.jpg

Chapter 1

“Once you have completed the quest, then will you return. How long it takes to complete, will depend upon the hearts of each and every one of you…”

“WHAT IS THE QUEST!?”

The Wizard’s smirk and glowing eyes held their attention as the neon green smoke from the cauldron instantly shot upward, slamming into the ceiling before settling down upon them, encircling them, obstructing their view from anyone and everything.

Each person stood alone, trembling as flashes of electricity lit up in every direction within the smoke, as if it had just formed into one giant storm cloud, and they were in the center of it. They weren’t exactly sure what was happening and wondered if they should hold their breath to keep from suffocating. They soon discovered they couldn’t move and even if they could, where would they go? The smoke, or cloud, seemed to stretch on and on into eternity. They couldn’t utter any words either, for no one would hear them. Time seemed to stand still in this…plane of existence or whatever it was.

Soon their eyes closed, just for a few seconds. When they opened again, the thick smoke began to clear. Colors were beginning to appear; revealing various different household objects and decor as they gradually came into view. Another room they found themselves in.

When they felt the ability to move and speak again, each one was so mesmerized at this very unfamiliar place they landed in. They took a look around for a split second before spotting each other. Mouths then dropped. They didn’t appear the way they had always known each other, or themselves, to look. In an instant they all screamed.

49437453776_c47f045217_c.jpg

Once the initial shock passed, each girl naturally looked down and began observing herself, frozen in awe over how drastically different she appeared.
    “How is this possible?” Maru asked in a barely audible voice.
    “We look so…so,” Emily struggled to find the right word, “SMOOTH!”
    “Yes!” Leah agreed. “Smooth and slim like a zucchini. This is strange!”
    Haley kept uttering “OMG,” over and over again, and then lamented about how her beautiful body and clothes were ruined while the others made small comments about the differences in each other’s appearance. She was the first to speak for all of them by asking, “Where in Stardew Valley are we?”

49437453746_e46128d9cb_c.jpg

“Uhh,” Abigail started, still gazing around in silence trying to piece this mysterious puzzle together. “I think it’s pretty clear we’re not in Stardew Valley anymore…”

Penny gasped loudly in the background, holding her hand to her chest. It was growing tighter by the second, her heart palpitating behind it. She could feel her face growing pale and the blood pounding in her ears. “We’re never going to see Pelican Town again?” she whispered in a developing panic.
    Leah turned to her and assured, “Sure we will sweetie. Remember what the Wizard said? If we--“
    “My mother will be worried sick when she finds I’ve disappeared!” Penny exclaimed, panting. “She’ll search and search and…I won’t be found and…she’ll drink herself to death!”

49437453806_c82ac95289_c.jpg

It was no mystery to the residents of Pelican Town that her mother, Pam, was a heavy drinker due to the woes of her past. Penny’s vision blurred as she trembled at the thought and before she (or Leah) could utter another word, her eyes rolled into her head and her body fell onto the floor with a loud thump. Leah gasped, unable to catch her in time.
    “Oh! Penny!” Maru exclaimed, holding a hand to her mouth.

49437454561_f4ec5ac94a_c.jpg

The other three girls instantly turned at the sound and stared at Penny’s seemingly lifeless body with concern.

“Oh my gosh is she okay!?” Emily asked, as Maru crouched down by Penny’s side and took her hand, patting it, hoping to wake her.
    “She fainted,” Maru informed, even though everyone knew that. “We can’t leave her here on the floor. Leah, help me get her to a bed.”
    “Of course!” Leah said.
    Abigail promptly stepped past them to find a bedroom and keep the door open for them while they carried Penny in. Thankfully a large, nicely decorated room with two single beds was only a few feet away.

The two sisters of the group, Haley and Emily, watched in pity as the two carried the sweet and kindhearted tutor to the children of Pelican Town into the room. Both didn’t know her very well, but they knew she was a good person and hoped she’d wake soon and be alright.
    “I’m surprised that’s not you passed out in there,” Emily joked to her ever dramatic sister, pointing her thumb in the direction of the room.
    Hand on her hip, Haley scowled at her older sister and said, “Ha, ha.”
    Emily’s bright smile then softened into a normal one. “So uh, that hug you gave me a few moments ago…that was quite…surprising.”
    Haley’s cheeks flushed a little with embarrassment, but she tried to act casual by shrugging and saying, “Well, uh, you kinda looked a little freaked out so I thought I would, uh, let you know that I’m here too.” She tucked a bit of hair behind her ear.
    Emily nodded, still grinning. “It’s almost like you were happy to see me here.”
    “Oh shut up,” Haley said, lightly kicking Emily’s shoe. “I’m just happy we don’t have to keep the house clean while mom and dad are away for the time being.”
    “We?” Emily corrected. “There was never any ‘we,’ when it came the housecleaning and you know it…”
    Haley rolled her eyes and muttered, “Whatevs…”

Back in the bedroom, Maru and Leah looked down upon Penny with a sad look in their eyes. Abigail stood back by the door somewhat listening, but lost in her thoughts.
    “Poor girl,” Leah said. “I wish I had caught her before hitting the floor, or better yet noticed that she was having a panic attack!”
    “Don’t blame yourself,” Maru said, “we were all a little preoccupied with our anxieties in that moment.”

49436982513_610aa6a8be_c.jpg

“Do you think she’ll wake up soon?”
    “I hope so. I’ve never seen a fainting spell last this long…Outside of the movies anyway.”
    “Her face sure is sweaty.”
    “Yeah,” she observed too, chewing on her lower lip. “If you can find a cold compress somewhere, or even a cool wet rag, that we can place on her forehead maybe that might help her regain consciousness.”

“Hey,” Abigail piped in. “I’m gonna go do a little investigating while you two take care of her alright? Let me know when she wakes up.”
    “Will do,” Leah said as she walked on past her heading for the kitchen.

Outside the bedroom Emily approached Abigail just as she closed the door behind her. “Hey, is Penny okay?” she asked her.
    “I’m not sure,” Abigail replied with a sigh. “She hasn’t woken up yet and I’m getting this feeling something else is wrong with her…”

49437453831_0ed4793759_c.jpg

“Oh,” Emily said, an air of melancholy surrounding them. “Well how about I go outside and see what I might be able to find in nature that might help wake her up or calm her nerves. I read this amazing book back home about the healing properties of various plants and I’m sure all that Herbology stuff is the same here.”

49437453851_1e6fe8f623_c.jpg

Abigail tried not to roll her eyes as she said, “I doubt herbs are going to help her Emily. If anything she needs a Doctor.”
    “Please just…allow me to help,” Emily pleaded with her eyes, longing for something productive to do.

49436981783_89d089dc7c_c.jpg

“Okay…,”Abigail allowed with a sigh.

While Emily skipped away towards the back door, Haley had been studying her face in a mirror on the wall and asked, “Girl, do you know what in Stardew Valley this red spot is on my chin? It’s totally killing my flawless complexion!”
    How am I supposed to know!? Abigail exclaimed in her head while approaching her. An investigation of this world and the town is definitely in order! And she was ready to do just that!

But then her stomach growled.

Meanwhile, when Leah returned to the bedroom with a cold rag, Maru sat on the edge of the bed and dabbed at Penny’s forehead with it.

“Why would the Wizard send us to an entirely different world than our own to go on some quest for him?” Leah asked her. “You think he was too chicken to do it himself?”
    “No idea,” she replied, only partly paying attention. All she could think about was the well being of her dear friend.
    “I knew he meddled with strange magic,” Leah continued, “but I didn’t know he had this kind of power! It’s rather frightening.”
    “It really is. Something Mayor Lewis should—“
    “Mmm,” the two heard Penny mumble. Their eyes lit up as her eyelids gradually began to open.

“Hey,” Maru softly greeted her with a smile. “You’re awake!”
    Penny blinked at her for a second before carefully lifting herself up onto her elbows, groaning from the pain of the fall, to take a look around. Her heart started pounding again. “We’re still here?”
    “Yes,” Maru answered.
    “So it wasn’t all just a terrible dream?”
    “…No.”

Penny then fell back onto the bed and began to hyperventilate again; her eyes darting this way and that. Maru hushed her while squeezing her hand. “It’s okay Penny. Just take some deep breaths,” she said. “You have nothing to fear. We’re all in this together and we’ll help each other do whatever it takes to return home.”

49437678372_2c0d6b702f_c.jpg

Penny closed her eyes and shook her head. “No, you don’t understand!” she said with a choke. “I can’t be here. I have to be at home!”
    “We know honey,” Leah said. “Your mom will be just fine. Gus will take care of her.”
    “No,” Penny said, squeezing the tears out of her eyes now. “It’s not just her. I’m worried about Jas and Vincent. They need me! What will they do without me?”
    “They’ll fare just fine,” Maru assured, stroking her cheek. “Relax.”
    “I CAN’T RELAX!” she nearly shouted. “That psycho Wizard threw us into this netherworld to go on some ‘quest,’ he didn’t even have the decency to give us any details about and now…I…” she panted, “I mean…we…may never see our family and friends…again. I can’t,” she stopped to catch another breath, “I can’t do this! I’m so…so scared!”
    “We’re all scared,” Maru told Penny, dabbing the wet cloth on her forehead again, hoping it’d calm her, “but right now I’m worried about you. I don’t want you passing out again so you need to please try to relax!”
    “I’m trying!” she whispered breathlessly, closing her eyes. “But I just…can’t…,” her voice trailed off as her rapid breathing suddenly stopped and her head drooped down toward her chest.

“Penny!” Maru cried out, immediately checking her neck for a pulse. She let out a breath of relief when she felt one, and then gently shook her friend’s shoulder a bit. “Penny? Penny? Oh dear Leah I think she passed out again.” She squeezed at her forehead with her forefingers and expelled a breath.
    “Bless her heart,” was all Leah could say. “I didn’t know she had anxiety like this.”
    “Me neither,” Maru said, gently brushing away a strand of hair from Penny’s clammy forehead. “I’m not leaving her side until I know she’s stable. If there’s something else you’d rather be doing please go right on ahead. I sure appreciated your help.”
    “No, I’ll stick around for a bit,” Leah said. “I need to be sure she’s okay too.”
    Maru smiled and turned her gaze back toward Penny.

49437454731_8b02a12262_c.jpg

Meanwhile, Abigail knew she couldn’t go investigating on an empty stomach. It took about 20 minutes for her to raid the refrigerator, which was miraculously stocked with enough food to last them a few days, and prepare a meal for everyone: chicken salad full of various healthy vegetables and sprinkled with cheese and spices. Haley, upon catching a whiff of it, expressed feeling “uber famished” herself and promptly grabbed a plate, while her sister returned “home” from the back door.

“So I got nothing from the plants out there!” Emily disappointingly informed, wiping the sweat from her brow with her arm, “but did you girls notice the garden we have out back? Many of the plants are growing in this giant greenhouse and there’s like every fruit tree you can imagine out there!”
    “Gardening. Great!” Haley sarcastically said with a mouth full of food. “I was hoping we’d get away from that…”
    “Interesting,” Abigail thoughtfully said while gripping her chin; fascinated by the Wizard’s unimaginable powers and knowledge that he kept so cleverly hidden from the residents of Pelican Town. She started to wish she’d actually gotten to know him back home. She always had this strange desire to, but her parents, Pierre and Caroline, forbade her to make any contact with him. They said it was for her own safety, but she couldn’t shake the feeling that there was some other reason they were keeping secret from her. Her intuition was unlike any other and no one seemed to take notice of her special gift. Oftentimes she preferred it that way.

In five minutes time Abigail wolfed down the delicious salad and made her way into the bedroom where Penny lay before departing.

“Hey,” she greeted Leah and Maru. “Wow. Penny’s still not awake yet?”
    “Oh no, she woke up briefly about a half hour ago,” Leah informed, “but she immediately started panicking again and we tried to calm her, but…she passed out again. Sorry we didn’t tell you.”
    “Oh my gosh!” Abigail expressed. “Is that even normal, for someone to pass out twice like that?”
    “I don’t know,” Maru replied, coming up from the bed and approaching her, “but something’s wrong with her Abigail and I’m getting really worried. Her pulse is erratic and her face is so pale and sweaty. I’m not sure what to do.” She’d been wracking her brain for minutes trying to remember what the good Doctor Harvey, whom she worked for back home, would do in this case.

49437454746_6af957c709_c.jpg

“That’s it!” Abigail declared, throwing one hand up and opening the bedroom door with the other. “I’m going to go find help! There’s gotta be a Doctor around here somewhere. No one is dying in this world, not on my watch!”
    Leah’s eyes widened. “Would the Wizard really allow that to happen?”

Abigail froze in her tracks as she met eyes with Leah, and then Maru, within such a depressing silence. “I want to believe he wouldn’t,” she paused, “but we don’t know anything about him, and I don’t think he has any control over here. It’s all up to us to fend for ourselves and make it back home in one piece.”

Leah lowered her head. “Why did he do this to us?”
    “I dunno, but we’ll have to discuss all that later,” Abigail said heading for the front door. “I’m going. Y’all stay here and don’t go anywhere until I get back!”
    “What?” Maru exclaimed, following after her. “Surely you won’t go alone? Take someone with you!”
    “Yeah,” Leah agreed.
    “Not me!” Haley declared with a shake of her head.
    “I’ll go with you!” Emily cried out, holding up her hand.
    “No!” Abigail snapped. “I appreciate it Emily and no offense, but you’ll just slow me down. I can better search if I’m not worried about someone else to keep track of. I’ll be as quick as I can. Bye girls!”

When the door closed, all the girls stood in silence except for Hailey who was leaning against the bar picking at a fingernail. “Five pieces of Gold she doesn’t make it back before sundown,” she bet them.
    “HALEY!” they all cried.
    “What!?” she asked, turning towards them. Their face expressions rather surprised her. “Oh c’mon girls, we all know she’s a freak! I bet the first thing she finds is a Graveyard and won’t be able to resist waiting until sundown at the chance to see a ghost, especially one from this mysterious new world.”

Maru folded her arms and shook her head. “I didn’t get the freak vibe from her at all,” she voiced. “She’s worried about Penny just as much as we are and is acting on it. And as I recall you didn’t jump at the chance to venture out there and find help.”
    Emily’s eyebrows rose at the audacity.
    “Whatever,” Haley disregarded, “y’all know I’m right,” and turned around to pick at her nail once more.

The remaining three girls shot glances at each other with pursed lips. They’d certainly heard all the gossip in the past about the strange, young, purple haired daughter to the local store owner and all the odd things she’d been seen doing – nibbling on gemstones as one example - and expressing belief in. They could only hope Abigail would not be tempted by new fascinations and stick to the task at hand.

They may have all resided for years in the same tiny town together, but there was still so much they didn't know about each other.

:)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Lucy_Henley , I like the picture of the toddler happily smiling in the high chair! I've never played with triplets, or even twins myself!

@Karritz , I gave you an insightful because I learned from reading your update that the dynamic challenge files were for badges. I had no idea what they were for! I'm glad you managed to get your Arts degree after all.

@emorrill , I love the start of your Stardew Valley story! I like how the bachelorettes noticed that they look different now that they are in a game with different graphics. And I liked the Wizard of Oz shoutout with "I don't think we are in Stardew Valley any more" and the detail of Abigail sometimes nibbling on gemstones :grin:
    The crocheted bed cover looks amazing - if I saw just that bed, I could easily believe it was a photo!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    @emorrill, I love just how close you were able to make your sims look exactly like the Stardew Valley Guys and girls. You did an incredibly awesome job with that.

And a wonderful scintillating tale of the girls getting uprooted and plunked in which ever Sims 3 town you used.

/sarcastcally/ thanks a lot Wizard /end sarcasm/. I’m sure poor Penny really appreciates being uprooted from her poor Mom.

Absolutely great writing, @emorrill, the starting chapter kept me riveted through the entire chapter.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited January 2020
    “Wish I could find a guy like you have...” Holly said to River.

“Well it was a lifetime in the making, Holly.” River stated.

“I know, you know the scuttlebutt going around is that when you were born they laid you beside each other in the cribs at least that’s what Doreen Callaghan says.”

Doreen was well known as the town gossip as well as being a renowned prenatal and post-natal care nurse in the maternity ward at Sunset Valley General; jokingly referred to as Sacred Spleen, as they were renowned for ground-breaking Splenomegaly treatments to save people’s vital organ for filtering blood and to potentially reduce the risk of spleen rupture from enlargement of said organ.

Had to come up with an explanation to cover why they call the hospital Sacred Spleen. :mrgreen:
    Since they were all at an age where independence was just around the corner; life would season them into young adulthood Gone were the days of toiling for six hours learning mind numbing exercises in sentence structure, science experiments that risked life and limb and quite possibly the structural integrity of the school. and mathematical equations utilizing numbers and letters of the alphabet and if one got into calculus, graphs and arcane symbols to represent some befuddling mathematical process that Haruo figured that he’d be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if he knew what the hell all that meant; in exchange for the lemming-like grinding life of trading labour for a paycheck; the time-honored traditions of sweat and toil or crammed into a cubicle for eight and a half hours whether salaried or shoved into a certain amount of simoleons an hour in exchange.

My English 12 teacher would be horrified at this run-on sentence.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @emorrill

I love the start of your Stardew valley save game.
    I think you certainly nailed all the girl's looks, they look even better than in their
    original form now, Their reactions is all-natural since they are in a strange new place, far away from a home they only knew
    before they wonder how they turned out in a different form and I love it, great job so far.

@LunBeauty

I played some yesterday, not got enough screenshots for an update yet.
    I'm heading out soon to visit our yearly snow festival.

@PalmArrow

Great updates,
    I loved all the screenshots.

@GraceyManor

Wow, all the drama.

@Aaeiyn

Its good with a break now and then.

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Screenshot-22.jpg
    Brandon leaned over his Balcony, gazing at the city-view he had from his hilltop mansion.
    His mind couldn't stop thinking about Harper
    Radio: Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain telling me ust what a fool I've been
    I wish that it would go and let me cry in vain let me be alone again

Screenshot-23.jpg
    "Hello Brandon." A voice chimed in from behind him.It was Harper.
    Radio: The only girl I care about has gone away Looking for a brand new start
    But little does she know that when she left that day Along with her she took my heart

Screenshot-24.jpg
    "I changed my mind Brandon...they told me you might be.." She was cut off by a soft "Shh"
    "Wait here, while I change Harper."
    Radio: Rain please tell me now does that seem fair
    For her to steal my heart away when she don't care?
    I can't love another when my hearts somewhere far away

Screenshot-30.jpg
    "I know your nervous about boats..but you'll be fine.Trust me?"
    "I trust you."

Screenshot-31.jpg
    He could tell Harper was nervous, he gently took her hand and lead
    her down the pier to the boat.

Screenshot-34.jpg
    "I'm really sorry Harper.I was a fool to even listen to Howard.But I promise
    I'm not after publicity anymore.I just want you Harper.Can you forgive me?"
    She hesitated a moment."What you did was so selfish Brandon.I think you know that.
    But I trust you when you you say you're sorry.I forgive you." Brandon smiled at Harper.
    "Do you think we could try a relationship?" He asked softly."I'd like that Brandon."

Screenshot-35.jpg

Note: For some reason I couldn't get the boat to move anywhere in the ocean I had to
    use a cheat lol
    @emorrill This is amazing so far! I love how you were able to make them all look as close to their Stardew counterparts as possible! I also love how self aware they are and how they know that they're not in their own game anymore. :lol: Although, it seems a few of them had more intense reactions to being uprooted from their previous world. :lol: I can't wait to read more!

@Silverofdreams30 I hope you had fun at the festival!

@GraceyManor Such a good update! I loved the scenery, the poses, the interactions, everything! I hope their relationships work out and I hate when the background doesn't want to cooperate. :lol:
    Here is an update

b]Here is an update[/b]

[img][/img]I2ZSfpL.jpg

Friday afternoon, it was a hot summer day and Jade had no work over the weekend.
    They decided to go out and have fun ( no date, just hang out together) since Jade works a lot
    during the week and Max does not work more than taking care of the home while she's gone.

nOfR3Yn.jpg

fyMIfGT.jpg

Noticed this car, and the townie drove shirtless.

OblHVVQ.jpg

They went to the festival area and started throwing horseshoes.

Aw0aNIR.jpg

Max teased her for doing bad throws, she knew it was not
    her best skill so she told him off her own way.

rUXnmuG.jpg

First time I saw Max give a real big smile.

All for now

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@PalmArrow Good catch on the sunken sim. Funny picture.
    Love seeing her makeover. I agree the hair is perfect for her.

@Nikkei_Simmer Wow...River was extremely honest about his Mother. I loved your descriptions.
    Love the engagement writing and the pictures you shared.
    I laughed at the run on sentence. I have a tendency to do that and when I do my rewrites that is one of the things I try to fix.
    I do like your explanation for the name of the hospital.
    I can see your English teachers read pen circling places for periods in that section! :lol:

@CatWend Oh dear, starvation!

@LunBeauty I enjoyed the updates. Looks like she is doing pretty good with the stylist. I like doing it occasionally, but I do try to build charisma fast so the clients are easier for my sim to read and the sim does better. :wink:
    I giggled at the Jason mask!
    I think Rei and Luca make a cute couple. Will he choose her or Kaelee or perhaps someone else.

@GraceyManor She needs to give him a break. He has proved himself over and over.
    I think the dress is cute and yep, I just figure pockets too when that happens.
    Yay, she finally came around and gave him a break.
    Bummer the boat glitched and didn't want to leave port.
    Happy she finally trusted him.

@Karritz I'm still working on the video. Will watch some more today.
    Bummer about the stress. Glad you figured out a way to get the badges since the game doesn't cooperate.

@jonny522 Hope to see more of your stories and hope you are doing better!

@Lucy_Henley Triplets are a challenge and looks like they are doing well with them. :smiley: Anything that makes life easier for parents is a good thing!

@emorrill Yay! Love the first installment of the Star Dew Valley story.
    You did an amazing job on recreating them. The side by side pics are proof of that. :smiley:
    What has the wizard got up his sleeve sending them off like that and not really explaining the quest properly! Guess we will find out eventually and so will they. :lol:
    Poor Penny! I think she could use some Vitamin X.
    I love how you changed the color of the afghan. It looks lovely and antique and comfy on that bed.
    Since I've never played that game it is interesting seeing the different aspects of each girls character come into play.
    I hope Abigail can find some help for Penny.
    lol at Haley making that bet.

@Silverofdreams30 They are so cute together. Love Max's smile.

Didn't get a chance to play hardly at all this week. Still have some pictures to put together for an update from last weekend. Merry finally arrives to test Adam.
    49396490076_b51d646be6_o.jpg
    @Silverofdreams30 O-Oh my! :love: I swear, if a guy like that was my Uber driver (not that I've ever taken Uber), I'd be telling him to take the long way! Just so I can ogle hime a little bit longer. :lol: Max has an adorable smile. :)

@bekkasan Camilla also has the Friendly trait, so making friends with sims comes pretty easily to her, but I also have to keep an eye on her because she has the Diva trait too and can end that friendship with one little snarky remark. The girl has got a mouth on her!
    Luca has so much chemistry with both girls that it's hard to choose and he rolls equal wants for both of them.
    I feel bad for Camilla though, because none of the premade sims in the town are right for her or they're too old. She rolled the want to find love and I feel so horrible! I'm hoping she runs into the right person soon. She needs some romance in her life!
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @jillbg
    I know twin towns is your world.
    Is the port not useable? Every time my sim tries to move the house boat.He can't.
    I think it has to do with the buoys but I know nothing of CAW.

Screenshot-33.jpg
    I believe these red things are blocking the path.Is there any way to delete them? I tried moving the port, but
    the lot just sinks.

@GraceyManor I think you are right - it must be the buoys! Have you tried to delete them?
    NymlADp.jpg
  • jonny522jonny522 Posts: 179 Member
    ULEBpRg.jpg
    Well Ryan got another promotion in his career as a lawyer, he is now working on the Ministry of Defence's legal team as a senior member, so now he will be presenting them on many issues including in trials and court martials.
    AuMvSjW.jpg
    0614rOy.jpg
    His wife Lauri is very proud, and rewards him with a kiss.
    mRleNHh.jpg
    And as Summer approaches an end, Ryan decides to play in the water with his son Lawrence.
    edited January 2020
    @LunBeauty

Heh, I agree he looked hot.
    I need to save him to the bin next time if I see him around.

@bekkasan

Thank you

Here is part two of the update

3juop0s.jpg

snbKmkG.jpg

u7usQih.jpg

Jade won the competition,
    she then decided they should go visit one of the clubs.

oBv8n2k.jpg

The town had lots of nightclubs and bars, she chose one since she won the
    competition and that was the price.

qg6x1rv.jpg

The club had a hot tub as well so they went in.

daXSwgO.jpg

sa7oplw.jpg

vYJSpZV.jpg

gg0H7F8.jpg

And they got cozy
    ( still not a dating evening, want to take it slowly).

All for today

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    jillbg wrote: »
    @jillbg
    I know twin towns is your world.
    Is the port not useable? Every time my sim tries to move the house boat.He can't.
    I think it has to do with the buoys but I know nothing of CAW.

Screenshot-33.jpg
    I believe these red things are blocking the path.Is there any way to delete them? I tried moving the port, but
    the lot just sinks.

@GraceyManor I think you are right - it must be the buoys! Have you tried to delete them?

I tried but it won’t let me.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    These updates are great! I'll read them more thoroughly in a bit.

I thought I should introduce you to my Sunlit Tides family, the Mancinis. I originally created them last week but didn't play them much until yesterday.
    Enrico wants to be a superstar athlete, and Luisa wants to be a Descendant of Da Vinci (so, mastering Painting, Inventing and Sculpting).

Here's Luisa getting started in painting:

pJPaCZC.jpg

I gave them both bikes to cycle around on:

q1aRNQD.jpg

"Oh, Enrico, your body is amazing!"
    "Why thank you. You look beautiful, too!"

FkbMXLN.jpg

Everybody likes a good dance!

W4pE4j5.jpg

They're starting a family!

GBo8dCx.jpg

Visiting the junkyard to obtain free scrap.

G2DYErm.jpg

Watch carefully...

3UunSIl.jpg

Oh no, she got electrocuted! Thankfully she and the baby were OK.

8idvAja.jpg

She had a little boy, Leonardo. Here he is as a toddler:

pjL33EN.jpg

Luisa soon got pregnant again, and she visited the Serenity Retreat spa and received a massage from her husband.

Lss8Eot.jpg

She went into labour on a full moon night, and gave birth to a girl, Alessandra. I haven't actually got any photos of her yet. Here's Luisa reading a book to Leonardo.

HE9dA5x.jpg

At the junkyard, Luisa decided to read an inventing book. That's Sophie Grantham doing her homework at the desk. In this game, Gavin got a son (the family bio says he wanted one), but the game named him Julio which didn't really fit in with his siblings' names, so I renamed him Henry. Baby Henry is apparently an evil genius.

Cs0lTQn.jpg

Leonardo playing with his imaginary friend, Lucky.

KQuOfwF.jpg

Enrico is currently a Minor Leaguer, so he's going to be starting games soon. Luisa is a self-employed painter. Leo is close to becoming a child, and I might send him to Dribbledine Sports Academy as he's athletic. I like the house they're in, but it is rather small and doesn't have much space in the garden. As Luisa Loves the Outdoors, I have her sculpting station, inventing table and easel outdoors. I may well move them to a lot with a bigger garden.

Morning everyone! :grin: My day just became brighter by reading your sweet comments on my Stardew Valley story. :blush: Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. <3

I went into my game to take and add just a few more pictures to Chapter 1. (There were too many gaps! :lol: ) If you would like to see those new pictures added in, you can view them on it's story thread here:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/971790/pelican-town-to-sims-town-a-stardew-valley-sims-3-fanfic#latest
    :blush:

Comments. :)

@PalmArrow I love that you were around to be the first to comment on my Stardew Valley story. :blush:
    I'm so happy you love it so far! <3
    I like how the bachelorettes noticed that they look different now that they are in a game with different graphics. And I liked the Wizard of Oz shoutout with "I don't think we are in Stardew Valley any more" and the detail of Abigail sometimes nibbling on gemstones :grin:
    ^Hee hee. :mrgreen:
    I didn't realize I did a shout out to The Wizard of Oz there, but I'll take it. :smiley:
    The crocheted bed cover looks amazing - if I saw just that bed, I could easily believe it was a photo!
    ^Thanks. :) Yeah whoever created that pattern did a SUPER job on it! :star: I saw it in @bekkasan 's game and had to ask her for it! I can't remember where she linked me to it, the Exchange I think, but I know if you ask her she'll share it with you. <3

@Nikkei_Simmer
    I love just how close you were able to make your sims look exactly like the Stardew Valley Guys and girls. You did an incredibly awesome job with that.
    ^Thank you buddy. :blush: I kinda shocked myself with how accurate I created them. :open_mouth:
    Scintillating, what a fantastic word! :smiley:
    I know...freaking Wizard! :lol:
    Absolutely great writing, emorrill, the starting chapter kept me riveted through the entire chapter.
    ^Aww, you are so kind. Thank you very much. <3 I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)
    ----
    I like your explanation there of why they call it Sacred Spleen Hospital. ;) To tell you the truth it reminds me of Sacred Heart Hospital from "Scrubs." :mrgreen: That show is one of my top 10 favorite TV shows of all time!
    These scene clips in particular crack me up! :joy: (It's only 1:36 long. Watch! :grin: )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kISStUuhS-I
    No worries about run on sentences, I do them too ;) , but yeah I could see my English teachers from back in my school days freaking out about it too. :p

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you so much sweetie. :kissing_heart: I'm glad you're enjoying the story. :blush: I can't wait to share more with all of you. :smiley:
    ----
    Helllooooo guy driving shirtless! :love: Wowza!
    OMGosh Max looks so stinking adorable smiling like this. <3
    rUXnmuG.jpg
    AMEN to what LunBeauty said here! :lol::star:
    O-Oh my! :love: I swear, if a guy like that was my Uber driver (not that I've ever taken Uber), I'd be telling him to take the long way! Just so I can ogle hime a little bit longer. :lol:
    ----
    Aww, LOVE the romantic hot tubbing, and hot tub kiss, :smirk: pictures. <3
    Taking things slow is wise. :)

@GraceyManor Poor sad Brandon. :cry: I just wanna give him a hug.
    That is a GREAT (and perfect for the setting :star: ) oldies song you posted there. :blush: If someone did a remake I doubt it's as good as the original. :p
    "I changed my mind Brandon...they told me you might be.." She was cut off by a soft "Shh"
    ^He might be what? I'm curious what she was gonna say there. ;)
    That boat rocks!
    I'm SO glad she forgives him. <3 And I hope they go on to live a very happy life together.

@LunBeauty Thank you for the sweet compliments on my Stardew Valley sims and the story. <3 I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. :blush: When I put their pics side to side like that I was amazed at how well I did creating them! :open_mouth:
    I'm so excited to share more with y'all! :smiley:

@bekkasan
    Yay! Love the first installment of the Star Dew Valley story.
    You did an amazing job on recreating them. The side by side pics are proof of that. :smiley:
    ^Thank you sweet lady. :kissing_heart: Doing the side by sides was super fun! I amazed myself! :open_mouth:
    What has the wizard got up his sleeve sending them off like that and not really explaining the quest properly!
    ^That is the million dollar question. :smirk:
    Yup, much will be revealed as the story goes on. :)
    Vitamin X? Ohhhhhh took me a second! :joy: (For a second there I was like, "What the heck is Vitamin X?? Never heard about that one! :lol: ) Me thinks you know exactly what is going on with Penny. ;) We'll see what the Doctor has to say...if Abby finds one. ;):smirk:;)
    Thanks about the afghan colors. :) Took me forever to find a pretty combo of colors for it.
    Yeah Haley was being a little terrible, but at the same time she was right...
    I'm so excited to share the next Chapter! :mrgreen:
    Hey Merry! :smiley: He's so cute!

@jonny522 Nice to see you posting again. :)
    Congrats to Ryan. :) And congratulatory kisses are always sweet. <3
    Such pretty pretty water. :love:

Happy Simming!
    edited January 2020
    @bekkasan, @emorrill, glad you liked the text rewrite. I kinda played up the run-on sentence for the “funny”. Kind of makes it a sarcastic author narrative “going on a rant. Read it out loud to my wife in one breath and she nearly died laughing.

Of course my teacher probably would have had a fit but my Gr. 12 teacher always told my class when everyone wondered how I could get away with certain faux pas in writing.

When you know the English grammar rules, you can break them if needed for effect.

We had a speech scheduled for grade 12. And he gave us a sheet that told the students NOT to do certain things while giving a speech.

Well, me being a :mrgreen:
    smart-8006.png

You can probably guess what ol’Nikkei_Simmer wentand did.

My teacher nearly died laughing, so did the class, I got a 100%.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    @Aaeiyn He passed several sims days after the picture was taken.

@emorrill Hey, sorry for the late reply. I just finished your Christmas story today. I loved how it ended but hate that it had to end. :'(
    I hadn't been to it in years, last time I went was years ago. It was nice to see it again.
    Glad to hear it. I haven't really had much to post since I don't have internet at home anymore. I will see what the future brings, I'd love to be more active again.
    Harvey kinda reminds me of Commissioner Gordon from the Batman comics, especially the one in your signature.
    Wow, I actually know who Fabio is, that Sim does resemble him.

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks!

@bekkasan Thanks, I like to try to pop in as much as I can.
    Me too, I took a break from the Jones's now and am playing with Ava again. I shut off EPs for now as I am making her learn all base game skills first.
    Yeah, I almost resurrected him but decided against it. He is still in the yard though, he broke the dishwasher last time, lol
    Thanks, probably will check it soon. Got to figure out where I left off.
    @jonny522 Very nice update and picture! I love the interactions of toddlers plashing around in the ocean!

@Silverofdreams30 Cute update! Poor Jade and her two toned tan. :lol: I've had that happen to a few of my sims.

@Lucy_Henley Very nice start to your family! Will they be having more kids? :)

@emorrill You definitely have a talent for it! :) I swear, with the right CC and slider movement, you can make a sim look just about anyone!
    @Nikkei_Simmer
    You used Donkey for your Smart A comment! I love it! :joy: (I just love Shrek. <3 )
    When you know the English grammar rules, you can break them if needed for effect.
    ^Heck to the yeah! :star: That's been my philosophy! :smiley: Well, sorta... :p Until my perfectionism comes in.
    ^Woo hoo! 🙌 That's awesome! Your teacher couldn't argue with your wit. :lol:

@Brandontaylor I made a little reply comment to you on my Christmas Story thread. :blush: Thank you again for taking the time to finish reading it. That means a lot. <3 I was sad to end it too.
    OMGosh Harvey DOES look like Commissioner Gordon! :open_mouth: I can't unsee it now! (But no I must unsee it! :confounded: Harvey is Harvey! ;) )
    Wow, I actually know who Fabio is, that Sim does resemble him.
    ^LOL! :joy: The way you worded that just cracked me up!

@GraceyManor Ah, the Titanic movie. I remember when it came out, my parents arguing that it should've been rated R and I agree with them, the song by Celine Dion played a million freaking times on the radio, and all the girls in my 7th grade class had fallen head over heels in love with Leo DiCaprio. They had shoeboxes full of pictures they cut out from magazines of him and showed them all off to their besties in class. Those were the days... :relieved: I'm being somewhat sarcastic. :lol:
    (Why does this make me feel old? :confounded: )
    Thanks for letting me know. :)

@LunBeauty Thank you sweetie. <3 Yeah I've found a few sliders in my Simming days that really help in recreating real life people in the sims and apparently, even cartoon/video game people. ;)
    edited January 2020
    emorrill wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer
    ^Woo hoo! 🙌 That's awesome! Your teacher couldn't argue with your wit. :lol:

Yep...broke EVERY single rule on that sheet and added a few just for good measure. The class was in stitches.

Rule #4 Do not let your attention wander from the focus of your speech: your audience.

Rule #5 Do not use non-sequiturs. People will not get a completely off the wall comment.

Me wanders to window away from podium looks out the window. “Oh, look...crow.” wanders back to podium, continues massacring speech.

Applause from the teacher who got the joke right away -massacred two rules in one shot.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    It finally cooled off enough and I'm finally feeling better enough to post! This will be a shorter 2 part update since I didn't take too many pictures this time. But hopefully you'll all enjoy!
    Screenshot.png
    Screenshot-2.png
    Camilla arrived home just in time to see that Luca had a guest. She didn't say anything and merely went to the drafting table to finish working on a design as she was very close to a promotion and wanted to get it out of the way. She could tell by their slightly mussed hair that they had just finished woohooing, but didn't ask either of them if they had taken precautions because she knew that Luca always had protection should the opportunity for woohoo arise.

Screenshot-3.png
    Luca sat down to watch a movie on television, while Kaelee used the computer to play a game.
    **I was so afraid she'd break it too because usually when my sims have guests over and they use the computer, it always ends up breaking.**

Screenshot-4.png
    Screenshot-5.png
    Camilla had finished with her sketch and got up to talk with Kaelee. She had gotten to know Rei fairly well, but barely knew Kaelee at all. Luca checked his plumbook and ended up accepting a few friend requests, although he'd have to make sure not to let Kaelee see as some of them were from rather attractive young women.

Screenshot-6.png
    Screenshot-7.png
    Screenshot-8.png
    Screenshot-9.png
    Soon, Kaelee joined Luca on the couch to watch the rest of the movie and the two of them cuddled together to enjoy the flick. Luca loved the feeling of Kaelee resting against him

Screenshot-10.png
    Screenshot-11.png
    After the movie, Kaelee and Luca headed upstairs to sleep, in Camilla's job mind you! Camilla didn't mind as long as they didn't do any hanky panky in her sheets. Camilla slept in Luca's bed, but changed his sheets first. After all, she wasn't about to sleep on some sheets that her brother had woohooed on. Who knows what was still on them?

Screenshot-12.png
    Screenshot-13.png
    Camilla and Kaelee were the first two up the next morning. Camilla watered and harvested her tomato plant, but then seemed to get snarky with Kaelee afterwards. Maybe she was just having a particularly grumpy evening, but she did end up apologising.
    **Apparently, Camilla was a bit rude to Kaelee (thank you, Diva trait), which I didn't see because I was busy queing up actions for Luca, but when I popped back downstairs, Kaelee didn't seem too happy with her. I don't to get rid of the Diva trait either because I think it fits her personality and I like having, at least, one or two bad or questionable traits on my sims.**

Screenshot-14.png
    Kaelee joined Luca and Camilla for breakfast, but had to leave to go to work before she finished. Luca hugged and kissed her good-bye and told her he'd call her later.

Screenshot-15.png
    Screenshot-16.png
    Camilla expressed her approval and admiration of Kaelee. While the two girls did have a disagreement earlier, Camilla did like her and wondered if his brother would choose anyone in the end, or if he would continue down his path of non-commitment. Seeing her brother trying to balance two girls made her wish she could meet someone as well, but nearly all of the men in Isla Paradiso were either married or much too old for her. One would think a town this big would have a few single men.

Screenshot-17.png
    Wanting his sister to know he appreciated everything he did for her, he gave her a gift of a pair of new hoop earrings he had seen in one of the local shops a few days ago. He didn't think there was anything wrong with giving your siblings jewelry and he had seen Camilla eyeing them the other day. Camilla thanked him profusely before hurrying upstairs to try them on and admire herself in the mirror.

Screenshot-18.png
    Screenshot-19.png
    Luca still had a few hours before he had to go to his new Lifeguard job, so he exercised for a little while to get his strength up. Camilla, on the other hand, remained upstairs to do some cleaning.

Screenshot-20.png
    Finally, Camilla was able to get dressed and head to work with her phone ringing, although she didn't bother to answer it because she didn't recognise the number.
    **I think it turned out to be an opportunity to visit China for something, but I didn't accept it since they can't afford a vacation right now.**

**The next update will be up shortly!**
    **Here's the next part!**
    Screenshot-21.png
    Screenshot-22.png
    Camilla was called to someone's house to give him a makeover. He wanted three everyday, two formal, two sleepwear, and an athleticwear. Unfortunately, he had to head to work afterwards, so barely reacted to his wardrobe change, which annoyed Camilla. She had to admit that he did look nice in that police uniform though as she admired his backside while he walked away.

Screenshot-23.png
    Luca arrived at the beach a little after 10:30 and began his patrols. As it was still a little early, there was no one there yet, but he could be sure that people would start arriving soon to enjoy a nice swim.

Screenshot-24.png
    Screenshot-25.png
    Camilla's second house call had cancelled due to work, so she went to the salon where she made over a few sims who were there, including a young man who was in definite need of some serious help.

Screenshot-26.png
    Screenshot-27.png
    Back at the beach, Luca had rescued his first drowning victim. He'd taken CPR classes to get certified and knew he would have to apply it to men, but he didn't think it would be this soon. The man thanked him a little too eagerly before hurrying off.

Screenshot-28.png
    When Luca looked back, he saw the man splashing around in the water with another man, but had to continue on with his surveying afterwards to watch out for anymore drown victims.

Screenshot-30.png
    He spotted one young woman who looked to be a foreigner, Luca would guess from Al Simhara from the clothing she was wearing. He wondered why she didn't change into her swimsuit, but maybe it was a custom where she was from to swim in your everyday clothes?

Screenshot-31.png
    Screenshot-32.png
    It wasn't long before Luca had to rescue someone else, but he only needed a few chest compressions before he was all right. A small part of him was disappointed that he was unable to save any women yet. The foreign girl seemed very proficient at swimming and she was the only woman on the beach at the moment.

Screenshot-33.png
    Screenshot-34.png
    Screenshot-35.png
    Another resident came to Camilla for her talents, only wanting a new hairstyle. Camilla gave her the works with some hair extensions and some new make-up, which the girl needed. She didn't bother to change her outfit as it was nice enough already. The woman really seemed to like it and couldn't stop staring at her reflection in the mirror for a few more minutes.

Screenshot-36.png
    Camilla took a short break to enjoy a muffin from the coffee bar in the salon. All of this styling was hard work and she needed refueling.

Screenshot-37.png
    Screenshot-38.png
    Screenshot-39.png
    Rosemarie Collins showed up at the salon also wanting a makeover, Camilla quickly scarfed down the rest of her muffin and led Rose to the makeover station where she provided her with a similar treatment as the last woman, although with different hair and makeup. She even added a few braids into the new hairstyle for a bit of flair.

Screenshot-40.png
    Screenshot-41.png
    Luca's last drowning victim for the day was another young man, but he didn't need CPR afterwards. Once the last person was off the beach, Luca decided to do some snorkeling and ended up finding a few treasures, including a seashell and an uncut emerald. He could get the emerald cut and sell it for a few simoleons and he thought of giving the seashell to Rei.

Screenshot-42.png
    Camilla and Luca arrived home rather late and tired, but Luca was hungry and Camilla wanted to work on another sketch for her next promotion.

**That's it for this update! I also have another set of pictures uploaded and will start on that update either later today or tomorrow! :) **

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top