Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    elliendre wrote: »
    > @Bearpal64 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I didn't know about the birds and feathers until I watched a let's play based around cats and dogs and Brindleton Bay. The presents and trash happened in my own game when I realized that I had a tiny gift beside the trash pile in my home and all I had was a cat lol.
    >
    > If you have Romantic Garden Stuff you can use the wishing well for a chance for the well to restore a Sim back to life ^^

Ahh I will try the wishing well then, thank you!

Be careful. The wishing well almost always backfires.

Not necessarily. The well's face usually says it all: The meaner it looks, the more likely is a negative outcome. For extra safety, throw a few simoleons in before making your wish. (... And by a few, I mean around 1,000; a too small donation might make the well angry, but who said bringing a deceased friend back to life would be cheap?) If you do this, you may still not get exactly what you want every time, but it will probably still be worth it, or open up new gameplay options that you didn't even know existed. For example, I asked the well for money once, throwing in 1,000 simoleons first, and while it didn't give me money immediately, it revealed another sim's darkest secret to me, which I could then use to blackmail said sim for money - and they gave me more than I threw into the well. That was definitely a fun experience!
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    I just found out that the scarecrow comes to life. I had no idea! All this time I thought it was a decoration. And when he's hanging on the post you can search his pockets for seed packets.

You can also romance Patchy, add to family and have children with them 😈

Oooh, weird! I didn't know that. Might have a sim "entertain" him this afternoon. I wonder what Patchy kids will be like :o
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    OK I've been playing with Seasons installed for a full year now, and have had "Talk Like A Pirate" day several times, and I guess I never zoomed in close enough to notice that when you choose any of the pirate conversation socials the sim will actually use a pirate accent and there are lots of arrrs and ahoys in there. That was cool.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Daephene wrote: »
    OK I've been playing with Seasons installed for a full year now, and have had "Talk Like A Pirate" day several times, and I guess I never zoomed in close enough to notice that when you choose any of the pirate conversation socials the sim will actually use a pirate accent and there are lots of arrrs and ahoys in there. That was cool.

haha I've never played Sims with sound on so I didn't know that either. (Well I have for maybe 2 or 3 minutes once, but that's about it, haha)
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited January 2020
    Daephene wrote: »

Yeah! It be awesome! Arrrgh!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQhle2LfpsA
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Sims can sit in on skill classes now! Not sure if it came with Discover University or not, but for a fee of 250 simoleons, they can learn something new! Just saw that option in the phone.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I'm fairly certain this came from Discover University but it's definitely a welcome edition :)
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    edited January 2020
    Also I just discovered 3 new pizza types! (no hamburger sadly) There is now Sweet Corn pizza, Kebab pizza, and Tiki Masala pizza in addition to the original Cheese, Pepperoni, and Canadian Bacon pizzas. I don't THINK those are mod related, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I'm on console (with no mods) and there are indeed those pizza types 🍕
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Where do you find those pizzas?
  • Options
    You can click on the mailbox during Winterfest and check for gifts! :) I got postcards from my toddlers, so cute. You can also pin postcards to the cork board decoration and enable the aura for an inspiring mood buff.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

I noticed the pizzas earlier today too. They are under the pizza delievery menu when you order pizza.
  • Options

I noticed the pizzas earlier today too. They are under the pizza delievery menu when you order pizza.

I never noticed that! I'm so excited to order pizza lol. This is the best topic on the entire forum. I've learned so many things I never knew about. :smiley:
  • Options
    ObaniMoonObaniMoon Posts: 18 Member
    I didn't know that there was a sad phone hotline for very sad sims. I guess it's a good thing I never knew that existed.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Didn’t realise you could send thankful cards by clicking on the postbox at Harvestfest!
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I think the new pizzas come with Island Living.
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member

No, they came with Discover University
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Rebbilina wrote: »

No, they came with Discover University

Oh.
  • Options
    I didn't know that you can walk the dog in a thunderstorm lol. 🐾🐕‍🦺☔🌈⚡
  • Options
    Bearpal64 wrote: »

The dog should freak out and need comfort. I know real dogs do in thunderstorms or during fireworks. It's terrifying to them.

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    You can click on the mailbox during Winterfest and check for gifts! :) I got postcards from my toddlers, so cute. You can also pin postcards to the cork board decoration and enable the aura for an inspiring mood buff.

I didn't know that postcard cork board decoration was actually useful other than some random thing on the wall, until you just said this.

Thanks!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    Bearpal64 wrote: »

The dog should freak out and need comfort. I know real dogs do in thunderstorms or during fireworks. It's terrifying to them.

The dog was definitely tense and so was the owner. Sims usually get tense during thunderstorms. I just found it interesting because you can't jog while there is a thunderstorm it's grayed out but not with dog walks apparently. I felt bad for the dog but she was definitely happy barking and smiling along the way too.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Selvadoradian temple skeletons are pear-shaped, if the Sim used is a pear in CAS :|

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    After writing, then naming songs, your sim can actually play those songs. Cool!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    Didn’t realise you could send thankful cards by clicking on the postbox at Harvestfest!
    Yes! And they give you a nice relationship bost, more than any other long distance interaction.

Did you know that Widowshild Townhome (Forgotten Hollow) & Slip 42 (Strangerville) are Tiny Living Homes :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top