Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim autonomously broke up with girlfriend.

doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member
My sim was sitting at the computer doing some work when his girlfriend came over. He didn't interact with her but then I got a notification saying he broke up with her. He also has a moodlet called argument sadness which says he had an argument with his gf and broke up with her. I have no idea what has caused this. Has anyone seen this before?

Post edited by doublenoodles on

Comments

• LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    Is it possible that some relationship changes have been secretly added in the latest patch?

I have noticed autonomous flirting between sims who have had no romantic interest in each other previously. It reminded me of the survey where they asked if we would like to see unplayed sims affecting relationships with played sims.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Never seen this.

I'd actually not mind in my game to be fair if something like this did happen. My sims don't do anything unless I tell them to so a little drama made by themselves would be welcome. Do you have any mods or anything that could have caused it?
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I had two sims autonomously try for a baby when I was playing last night. I kinda assumed it was maybe down to a mod but I've had the same mods for a long time now and haven't noticed this before. I wonder if something is changed in autonomy settings.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I had two sims autonomously try for a baby when I was playing last night. I kinda assumed it was maybe down to a mod but I've had the same mods for a long time now and haven't noticed this before. I wonder if something is changed in autonomy settings.

I had this happen yesterday too, I don't have mods in that game, however it's not the first time I've had it happen. It's happened for me for the last 2 years, but VERY rarely, like every few months real time of playing, and I play a lot, so the fact that we both had it happen yesterday does make it seem like something has changed.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Was the girlfriend also your sim’s roommate? I had the same thing happen with my sim and her ex. Broke up out of the blue.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I've had my sim autonomously ask her love interest to be her boyfriend the other day. He's a roommate in her dorm, so I'm thinking this could be why? No mods installed that edit any of that, incidentally. I do wonder if something changed in a recent patch though 🤔
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Last time I played Beejay and Bhakti, I noticed that their relationship meter - which had been entirely full - had taken an unexpected dip. Nothing major, and nothing I could not easily recoup, and neither did I see any notifications or unhappy moodlets. So no very big deal, but noticeable. This was since the Tiny Living prepatch.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I never saw this in my game. Are you using MCCC or any mods affecting this? I really don't welcome sudden break ups for no good reason in my active household - in fact, not in any household at all... :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I'm kinda laughing a bit as something like this could totally mess up people's play. When the Sims 4 Team tries something new to make the game more engaging, it can be a hit or miss thing. This would be such a miss, I think :D

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    If it has been added recently, I think it's cool. I happily leave my sims with their autonomy on all the time and this would be great if it was a thing. <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    Here is a way to test game AI and Autonomy.

Go into game options\gameplay and turn OFF autonomy checkmark in BOTH boxes. That supposedly should make all sims in game be dumb as doorknobs. Then try to play the game again.

Goodluck, when I turned autonomy Off the game got even worse.
    I'm confused.

• shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    Simple, I believe someone at EA compiled the inhouse test autonomy into the release code. That is why the game is so hard to control since the updates for Tiny Living. It may have been an accident but it never should have happened in the first place.
    The OP mentioned a couple breaking up by themselves in their game. That is AI and Autonomy going haywire.
  • Yeah my sim got into an argument with his roomate girlfriend and they broke up. It was a really nice surpsise cause I was considering them getting married but when it happened I decided to kick her out of his life for good and he ended marrying someone else. Random drama that can potentially alter the story is always welcomed.
    Uh hello, Based Department?
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I had a Sim autonomously divorce my Sim back in July, according to the timestamp on my forum complaint. In that case it was because she "discovered" the Sim she'd been married to and had kids with, and who'd never worn a disguise, was an alien.
    Autonomous flirting has caused some drop in a relationship between two of my Sims that I am currently playing with.

I really don't like not having control over everything. (And the autonomous flirting happens even with autonomy off, because it can be initiated by random Sims they interact with.) I hate setting things up the way I want, and having autonomous actions ruin it, especially ones that make no sense.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    Huh, I thought that was set to non autonomous...

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    If they have changed something that would equate a little to more like story progression, I wouldn't be unhappy about it, however, I think a lot would...

I haven't played much since the latest patch so I'll have to keep an out for it.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    If this is a new thing, I love it. I remember in Sims 3 I couldn't turn my back on my Sims or they would get into all kinds of trouble, made the game much more interesting.

My romantic superstar would always be out cheating wherever I rotated away from his household. I would run into him in town and he would be flirting right and left. I would go back to his household and lmao over the fights. Crazy times. Sims 4 needs something like this to add spice to the game.
    Some like "spice", others prefer control ;)

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited January 2020
    I admit this has me worried, especially since autonomy off isn't foolproof against sims choosing their own conversation topics (of which woohoo is also one, as is, I'm afraid, Breaking up). I did some quick testing with a married couple and a pair that's going steady. Removed one partner each from the household, marked the new household unplayed and unfavorited, then invited the partners to a visit and went at them with everything the mean category has to offer. No unwanted breakups happened, despite both bars being deep in the red in the end and even some fights having occured. (Exit without savong afterwards, naturally)
    So whatever this new feature is, it doesn't seem to be too aggressive. Did anyone have this with a couple where no partner was a Roommate, but a normal townie or another played sim?

@Sindocat do you remember if perhaps your couple got sent to Romance Festival while you were playing another household? I've had a couple's affection drop from full to about 10% today, but I remember having seen them at the festival and getting flirted at by townies. But I'll definitely keep an eye on this.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Sounds like a bug since the argument moodlet wouldn't make sense in this case.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    Nothing happened when I disabled autonomy. All my Sims became docile as expected. But I'm not always able to reproduce the bugs others experience. Are you making sure your games are repaired after each update?

• doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member
    Was the girlfriend also your sim’s roommate? I had the same thing happen with my sim and her ex. Broke up out of the blue.

Yes it was a roommate. The only mods I have installed are mc command centre and less city living names. I have used mods for years and this has never happened. I'm pretty gutted because he can't even speak to her anymore.
  • doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    I'm kinda laughing a bit as something like this could totally mess up people's play. When the Sims 4 Team tries something new to make the game more engaging, it can be a hit or miss thing. This would be such a miss, I think :D

I'm laughing about it now, but I wasn't happy earlier! That was going to be my sims future wife.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited January 2020

Yes it was a roommate. The only mods I have installed are mc command centre and less city living names. I have used mods for years and this has never happened. I'm pretty gutted because he can't even speak to her anymore.

I have seen reports on roommates doing things that they are not supposed to be able to do autonomously. Like being able to flirt with sims that they are not supposed to be able to flirt with.