March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OK EA THAT is not even funny

2...Next

Comments

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    The only true random death in this game. All others require input from the player to cause their death and often give second chances.

Maybe it should be tuned so that your Sim only has a chance of dying if they were in a bad mood or had low needs at the time of being squished, like it was in Sims 2.

Same happened to me, my Sim got his brand new Murphy bed only to be squished by it upon putting it down for the first time.

I invited him back when he was a ghost and it’s sorta fun having to drain other Sims of their energy to fill their own. Ghosts that been crushed by Murphy beds can’t sleep as they are afraid of ALL beds.

The other random death is forgetting to clean the dryer's lint trap.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Thank goodness I didn't bother with this pack.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    For those that don’t mind mods, this one stops deaths completely. I think there is one by LittleMsSam that makes the bed break less as well.
    https://icemunmun.blogspot.com/2020/01/no-death-murphy-bed.html?m=1

Thank you for pointing this fix out. :)
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Aww, the poor toddler in the background :(

I might get this pack only for the death tbh. I want more danger in my game.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Yeah I only wish my Murphy bed deaths came that quickly. In the few saves I experimented with I really had to work it to kill them off. I wanted a Murphy ghost to add to one of my main saves. Then I had her take in a bunch of roommates and watched them kill themselves off one at a time by obsessing over opening the beds.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    The game finally has some surprises, unexpected moments and people already trying find a way to nuke it out the game.
    giphy.gif

• KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited January 2020
    I purchased Murphy bed for my Sim because I wanted to try it, but after seeing some game videos and how it caused instant deaths I decided to fully upgrade it first. My Sim slept in it few times, but I was still nervous that it would kill her, so I decided to get rid of it. I like my Sim and she lives alone, I'm not ready to lose her. I replaced Murphy bed with a regular one.

Murphy bed never really interested me (I love everything else on Tiny Living pack). I've never seen beds like that in real life and it feels like a weird object to me. I don't even like the way it looks. The one without the sofa looks odd and I can't even put anything in front of it. The one with the sofa would be okay if it had a better looking sofa, the one that it has looks ugly to me.

Even if I don't like that bed I would never ask the devs to change anything about it. It's good for those players who enjoy killing Sims, they can have their fun with it. I don't enjoy deaths in my game, so I will just avoid using it.
    Maybe we will get non murderous bunk beds in the future. :)
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    I feel sad your sim died an unplanned death...I don't use mods by choice so I just don't use the bed....I would know some folks will be unhappy if they didn't know prior to getting Tiny Living..but the sims does try to offer a little something to all types of playing styles ..and some folks have a need to end a particular sim's life for what might suit their story so I do get that and it is fine....I watched the youtube reviews on the pack and liked a lot of what was being offered so I just use what is fun for me..love the lot benefits for a micro home
    The game finally has some surprises, unexpected moments and people already trying find a way to nuke it out the game.

Yeah, and people are looking for mods when all you have to do is upgrade it.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

I think it’s annoying it breaks down every night.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Oh hey actual danger in this game, can't wait for it to get patched out to never happen at all.

If the sims team really has to fix it they should just make it so high level fitness (5+ I guess) just makes sims immune to it. We need more bad stuff to happen without going out of our way to make it happen
    EMrBkJP.png
    edited January 2020

That's definitely a bug. I'm using the mod to fix that, but my point was that a mod isn't necessary to avoid death by murphy bed.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    So far, I have 2 "random" deaths which are by fire & freezing. However, having this kind of death is kinda fun & disturbing at the same time. Are they trying to tell us that the Sims now can "die in their sleep"? :o
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

That's definitely a bug. I'm using the mod to fix that, but my point was that a mod isn't necessary to avoid death by murphy bed.

I don’t care about the death part because I probably won’t use that bed much.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • ierolovrr31ierolovrr31 Posts: 52 Member
    Same thing happened to me. I installed the pack, put down the new bed, wanted to see what the covers looked like, had my sim open the bed and he was killed. It was my first time using the pack. I quit without saving because I only wanted to see what the dang covers looked like :D
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Disagree with those who think OP's experience was funny. Death is never funny, even when it's simply pixels on a screen. Had way too much experience with the real thing.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Well, since I finished my Tiny House (tm) I am now save scumming in Sims just like in most other games. Always save before putting the bed down and when getting out of bed in the morning.

An odd feeling having to do it in Sims, but hey.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I started a new game and the first thing I did was get my sim to Level 3 Handiness to do the first upgrade to the Murphy bed before opening it. It's now Thursday in the first week and no death or injuries. There was one night when the bed malfunctioned, but I had her get out of bed and repair it.

I still save the game every time before I open the bed. :#
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I made a household with 4 Sims and 4 Murphy beds. I never had them upgrade the beds and had them stash the beds away in the morning so they had to open them every night. 7 nights, no deaths. Then I had a Sim open and close a broken Murphy bed 10 times and yet he walked away unscathed. I don't understand how the bed can be so deadly for some and not at all in my game. I usually don't try to kill Sims, but this is starting to get frustrating. :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited February 2020
    I did a lot of experimenting with Murphy beds and one pattern I recently noticed was with the sofa bed combo if there happens to be a wall mounted TV in front of it. They will obsess with pulling it down rather than sit on it to watch TV. They seldom sit on it, and instead pull it down and stand next to the bed to watch TV. If I put the sofa bed somewhere else where there wasn't a TV, they never took it down unless their energy was low. If it happens to be in front of a wall mounted TV, they will obsess over it regardless of energy.

Yup, I even killed my self sim during testing and I laughed at her for not leaving it alone. Murphy deaths don't bother me, but I was trying to figure out a pattern as to why some people are getting different results. I found it very difficult to get a death just by regular play and I wanted one. So I started trying all these different experiments out to see what resulted in deaths and what didn't. I haven't had a death from a broken bed yet, it's always been when they pull the bed down over and over.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited August 2020
    . ...
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • jafo88fanjafo88fan Posts: 577 Member
    My sim got lucky, he was attacked but not killed by his Murphy bed. Later I forgot about having to always relock the doors to vampires and he got bit so I ended up quitting that game without saving it
  • mrln420mrln420 Posts: 577 Member
    I'm afraid of the murphy bed lol. I don't want my sims to die. If I download a house with one in it. i delete the bed. For some reason I jump when I see it in action. :D