Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anti DIY Delight Support Group

Comments

• KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    How dare they make the choice with no cuckoo clock or rooster win!.. :bawling::bawling:
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited January 2020
    LiELF wrote: Β»
    Oh my brethren, I feel your pain!

DIY was my last choice. If you take those colorful walls away, the furniture looks pretty generic, like Ikea styles. That table is huge and actually looks like a sewing table (which tends to also be huge unless it's foldable.) Seriously, that room just looks like a sewing room. Do Knitters ever use a table like that? I've never knit anything so I truly don't know. But I do sew and that type of table is used for spreading out large bolts or lengths of fabric for ease of use.

I'm guessing that part of the reason this one won is because it looks the most like a younger, modern day craft room similar to the styles of today. (Full of solid light colors, straight lines, and cheerful practicality.) But I'm really just not a fan of modern styles in general. They're kind of... boring and plasticky looking. I prefer the curves and and eccentricities of older designs and antiques, they all look like they have their own stories and can make a room look curious, magical, or quirky.

I also wonder if the word "granny" in Granny Chic turned off the younger generations of players. πŸ˜’ If they had called it something random like Kitten Crafts, I wonder if more people would have voted on it? There's actually some marketing influence in a name.

And the worst of it all? I'm not getting my Cuckoo Clock! By witness of the Gods, I'd have bought the pack just to have that clock! Oh sorry day!

*Lip trembles. Eyes well up.*

exactly. knitters hardly ever need a table. I mean all I see is my mom in living room, sitting on comfy chair like cozy theme one and knitting away

for sewing it would obviously be neccessity to have big table but I have no idea why its in knitting pack since no one said there be any sewing (except well i guess ninja made a big typo and the community flipped their wigs but)

anyway.

I also agree with the plasticy feel of modern furnitures because well IRL those furnitures are often made of plastic or mdf or some other just as ugly looking material

and it also often looks very much like office furniture not home furniture

maybe its due to having woodworking dad
    but I far prefer having some real wood furnitures in my sims homes
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
    edited January 2020
    Did the younger generations (I'm a young adult, BTW) have anything against vintage styles?

I mean I'm YA squad too so no idea why people don't like beautiful things

and tbh this room sends me some big 2016 teen room vibe like man I thought people moved on already
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    The bright pink makes it indistinguishable between a tween and grandmother's hideaway. It should have been more mature. The style is very youthful and already exists in a lot of packs.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    As a Cozy Craft voter I join you in your disappointment. The winner is so 'crank out the production, we have quota to meet' looking, a factory. Crum, the wardroom on the USS Constitution (52 gun sail frigate a/k/a "Old Ironsides") is more homey and comfy looking than the vote winner.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I didn’t feel this style gave us anything new a it seemed a mash up of the custey cats and dogs with the boring and basic discover university items for bb. Also don’t get me started on the awful cas ideas. I really hated this design idea and I never usually say that about sim stuff as I try and keep and open mind but this is really not my thing at all.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    I was on board with Granny chick more of an elder theme would've been nice, they've gotten neglected for far to long. Everything in DIY looks to be what we already have in game.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Have only been able to see by my phone and finally took time to get on the computer. Pictures show more detail.

Granny! Those doilies, those plant holders, the rug, the round hoop decorations on the wall, and the loom to show off quilts. So many things and so much that could've been done with it.

Cozy- I like the rack and the barrel that holds yarn and that's all. Doesn't say knitting to me.

DIY- the two blue yarn holders near the lamp and the hanging above it to hold thread ect, the rolling cart, and the desk. No use as great as Granny could've been and really, only the cart excited me.

Saw so much in Granny that would've gone far in so many scenarios. The other two??? Blends so much with what we already have that I don't see much new at all. Unless huge changes are made and some great stuff is added, this will be an on sale buy for me.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    I don't see any objects that appeal to me in DIY Delight, except maybe the coffee mug + coaster if that will be a separate object at all? The other styles at least had a cuckoo clock and hanging plants which would have been more useful.
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I like to build cottages so I was very disappointed that the Granny Chic didn't win. We would have had some farm items in our game finally. I loved the hanging plants and the cuckoo clock especially. DYI looks like everything we already have in the game. I hope we don't have to use that crafting table to knit. I want a rocking chair too so my sims can sit in it and knit. Even the other one would have been better than the DIY. SIGH. Oh well I guess, at least it will fit in with what we already have. When they ask us what we want in the game we should try to at least get the clock and plants in. I really hope we still get the rocking chair. ;)
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    I was also disappointed in the outcome. I could of sworn there were more that wanted the granny option. OH well...
    I like to build cottages so I was very disappointed that the Granny Chic didn't win. We would have had some farm items in our game finally. I loved the hanging plants and the cuckoo clock especially. DYI looks like everything we already have in the game. I hope we don't have to use that crafting table to knit. I want a rocking chair too so my sims can sit in it and knit. Even the other one would have been better than the DIY. SIGH. Oh well I guess, at least it will fit in with what we already have. When they ask us what we want in the game we should try to at least get the clock and plants in. I really hope we still get the rocking chair. ;)

cottage squad! and yeah I wish we at least get few decor items from other themes
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I thought granny chic was way more interestesting and even cosy workshop would have been better than what we are getting. I would have liked a pack with elderly focus, not to keep things stereotypical, but just to have something special for them. It's not like other sims couldn't have used it too, would have created some quirky young characters for sure.

I'm trying to move on from the disappointment. I think it's too early to judge the whole pack until we see what items we are actually voting for and which get picked. Just remember everyone who wants stuff for elders to vote for those kind of clothes because the skimpy ones will get lots of votes anyway (look at Laundry Day). Considering the knitting theme this pack will hopefully be versatile with the clothing options.
  • MewMew Posts: 93 Member
    I missed the vote. I prefer the objects from Granny Chic, and the outfits from Cozy Craft Workshop. I just don't like the pastel watermelon color scheme of DIY Delight, tbh. Pink and green is normally my fav, but THAT is too much. I'll just have to mix it with other stuff, I suppose. Granny Chic was still way more interesting, and closer to my sort of style. And I'm nowhere near a granny lol
    mew~
    Scz0hyy.gif
  • beachbug98beachbug98 Posts: 7 New Member
    I wanted something nice and cozy, was really hoping for Granny Chic and try to live out my cottagecore/grandmacore dreams :s
  • 4u4ever4u4ever Posts: 207 Member
    The direction TS4 has been going after Get Together has been very much against what I'd like to see in the game, so this wasn't exactly a surprise. I'm just disappointed that this style was chosen by the community and not the devs. Maybe I've outgrown the Sims... :(
  • vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    I’m not sure how these votes are winning? I’m trying to figure out the audience of this game and I’m just not getting it. Are these people newer members that have never played sims? Has the audience gotten super young that are reading to many Mary Poppins type story books? It’s just very confusing.
  • vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    The sims are becoming very Disney to me
  • whipdreamywhipdreamy Posts: 4 New Member
    I missed both votes. I am a hardcore pastel fan, however I absolutely adored the granny chic art style. This style is not at all knitting vibes and more young adult-ikea-modern-sewing vibes. If this was a sewing pack yes, but for knitting? no. even for the concept items, i adored the granny chair and curtain more than the diy stuff. shame.
  • QuillWriterQuillWriter Posts: 67 Member
    edited January 2020
    This style is not at all knitting vibes and more young adult-ikea-modern-sewing vibes.

Agreed. And I feel like we have soooo much of that style and aesthetic already. I feel like that's most of what we get these days. And I'm so, so sick of it. I liked Granny Chic because it had a sort of homey, country-ish vibe. I really wanted a country living style and aesthetic to decorate my homes with, not the modern, Ikea style that I personally find rather bland and generic.

Edited to add: How well would Granny Chic have done, I wonder, if Granny had not been on the title? If it had instead been called Country Chic or something, would people have been so put off by it? A lot of posts I'm seeing specifically say they didn't vote for it/didn't like it because they didn't want a "Granny" pack.
  • Hallie22Hallie22 Posts: 64 Member
    I didn't vote DIY either, I voted Cozy Craft Workshop. Because I didn't want knitting to only be for granny's. I'm a young adult, and I knit and crochet. I want my young adult sims to be able to knit as well. I felt the Cozy Craft Workshop related more to people my age. I also hear from a lot of people that they learned to knit as a child. And I think that child sims and up should be able to knit.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I was disappointed that this option won because the clothing previewed for the elder female and adult male looked so childish. I just looked at the hat styles that are going to be voted on. Based on the picture, it seems like they're going for something more whimsical with emphasis on toddlers and children mostly. A nice normal hat for males would be appreciated. I hope that they do something creative with this pack.
  • pkstracypkstracy Posts: 12 New Member
    I cannot believe the arts and crafts one won, was really wanting happy hauntings with the ghost hunter, grim reaper assistant, and fortune teller.
    I mean it's bad enough we have laundry day
  • codylynnclarkcodylynnclark Posts: 11 New Member
    I really liked the Cozy Craft Corner(?) because it best fits my style, but I 100% expected Granny Chic to win. DIY Delight is just so... generic?
    edited January 2020
    pkstracy wrote: Β»
    I cannot believe the arts and crafts one won, was really wanting happy hauntings with the ghost hunter, grim reaper assistant, and fortune teller.
    I mean it's bad enough we have laundry day

Happy Haunts is great if we get it in GP with all the listed gameplay options for it + more

but they did only promise a stuff pack worth of the whatever theme we go with
    and one (1) gameplay function out of 5 under that theme

so I think it is better we ended up with A&C and knitting
    since it fits much better into scope of stuff pack

I don't want them to cheap out on my occults you either do it full on or you don't