Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does your Sims' Murphy bed break every night or is it just me?

Is this intentional or a bug? I've already submitted a bug report.

Does your Sims' Murphy bed break every night or is it just me? 92 votes

Yes - The bed breaks every night.
29%
crocobauraFreckles1971windweaverksstrekjeepjeepcatIceyJBronwin2starrling33MrsTomato1018BeardedgeekrobyngravesMoon_Willowcmbaker16MindofySintheaMistress_Luxa_ILikeCheese_o_oMissmagoo2calipossWingardimLeviosa 27 votes
No - The bed doesn't break every night.
20%
Jasesimgirl1010GageaADWilsonKhrisstyneDragonAge_300905Ravager619FinvolaetoniaDoloresGreyRedDestiny92ScobreprofessorlilithFreezerBunnyCowplantPotterheadSimjoRN1414SERVERFRAhaisinfaerieduste 19 votes
Yes - The bed breaks every night. I think it's a bug.
5%
ierolovrr31BridgetKVTodilooTerpsichore_AlienUnicorn 5 votes
Yes - The bed breaks every night. I think it's intentional.
7%
Madstarletyouilivefor92LustianiciaNetzspannungMDianaSimsNorthDakotaGamersimsplayer86 7 votes
I've stopped using the bed, whatever this is it's not worth the aggravation and they should patch it immediately
11%
cauatoAlrynnBoergeAarg61friendlysimmersldmarkotaydevDaemonPawsTaraIris94Simtown15TamakiSakura84Niyac 11 votes
I use LittleMissSam's mod to stop it from breaking or my Sims from dying.
7%
Kita5399Sara1010PPaigeisin5RadioAChickenWyrrenBabykittyjadeSigma1202 7 votes
I don't have the pack.
17%
BluegayleColorist40AnmirlaBagoas77marcel21halloweenchildtexxx78Vivi_WillowTreelogionEvie0602UncagedSongbirdBradyGalaxySimAlexandrianerdfashionCelSimsSimoli 16 votes

Comments

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I use this mod to prevent dying.
    https://icemunmun.blogspot.com/2020/01/no-death-murphy-bed.html?m=1
    I prefer to have control over what happens to my Sims.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    They're still in the process of creating the next stuff pack, "The Sims 4: My First Time Not Having A Broken Murphy Bed Stuff Pack".
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    So far, the un-upgraded murphy beds are breaking down not just one time per night but twice (if the bed gets repaired after the first breakage.)

My student couple had a very rough first night using the murphy bed. The bed broke when they were sleeping in it which then closed on them. Stephen fixed it while Tui had a shower. Even after fixing it they were too afraid to go back to sleep in it so they napped on the loveseats. After they lost the uncomfortable moodlet they went back to sleeping in the bed. Stephen had to get up early to go to an 8am lecture while Tui slept on. The bed broke down a second while Tui was in it so Tui moves in the cavalry in the form of her mother-in-law Alice who repairs the bed and gives it a full upgrade. Stephen has a sleep in the bed just before he has to go to soccer practice because he is is completely and utterly exhausted.

A similar thing happened to the couples who were playtesting my tiny builds. The bed breaks down in the middle of the night, I wake up one of the couple before the bed has a chance to close on them, he/she repairs the bed and goes back to bed. The bed breaks down a second time and get repaired again by the same sim who then frantically studies handiness so he/she can upgrade the bed with the first upgrade before they go to bed that night. It's a pity that items lose their upgrades when they are uploaded to the gallery.

EA definitely needs to tweak their coding for when sims are sleeping because breaking down twice in a night is ridiculous.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    It broke the first night so my sim repaired it. For that household, I haven't been back to see if it broke again. For my other household that has the murphy bed, she was fine the first night and it didn't break. She hasn't lifted the bed back up. She's been too busy, she lives alone, and she doesn't care if the bed is up or down. lol
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    I had my sim upgrade it before using it so it's never broken in my game.
  • tsing_306tsing_306 Posts: 14 New Member
    It breaks every night until I have it fully upgraded.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I just had one Sim die after getting out of the Murphy bed. Grim came. Took him away. I said you know what, I’ll roll with it. Not even an hour later, his sister tried to put the bed up and also died. 🤬
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I made my Sim fully upgrade the Murphy bed before using it, so I have no idea if it would break every night without the upgrades. I've seen some game videos and on one of them Murphy bed kept breaking every night, but not on others.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I've stopped using the bed, whatever this is it's not worth the aggravation and they should patch it immediately
    Yes, and that’s why Tiny Living is my new least favorite stuff pack.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    I tested this with eight sims and eight murphy beds. The beds all broke within 3-4 hours of the sim going to bed. I woke them up to repair the bed and then sent them back to bed. The beds broke again before they woke up.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited January 2020
    I only played one Sim with a Murphy Bed so far. The bed broke on night 1 and 2 but both times he was able to sleep until morning and repair it after he woke up. Due to the perks of the tiny residential lot, the fact that he had to repair the bed and making a couple of sculptures on the woodworking table, his handiness skill was up to level 3 and he was able to complete the first upgrade and the bed never broke again while he slept in it.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    They're still in the process of creating the next stuff pack, "The Sims 4: My First Time Not Having A Broken Murphy Bed Stuff Pack".

Back in the lab again, I see 🙃
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Not breaking but it is on a killing spree. :smile:
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Hard to say actually. It broke the first night my sim used it, and the second night it killed her.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • starrling33starrling33 Posts: 87 Member
    I'm fed up with the Murphy beds. Yep. Tired of having to save every 3 minutes in case one of my Sims dies in the stupid thing. Repaired it twice the first night, then had to remove the buffs they had from that, but then it tried to kill them again. Four nights? I junked the thing. They can just have a full sized bed in their living room. Screw this, right? Geez.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Just using the cute single bed at the moment.
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    I use LittleMsSam's bug fix mod but it doesn't stop it from breaking it just doesn't happen as often. I left it vanilla to start with and the animation when they get hit got old fast so I use this mod. IceMunMun has the mod that stops it altogether but I don't want to do that just not every single night because that's not spicing things up, just makes it predictably boring.
    iscQh5U.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    I had my sim upgrade it before using it so it's never broken in my game.

Same.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I don't have the pack.
    I don't own the pack, but if the "malfunction" is as often as the "shock" from the Robot Workbench, then I think I'll be passing on the Murphy Bed.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    I use the mod now, but it was breaking every night before that. I hope this is a bug but it wouldn't surprise me if they did this intentionally to make you upgrade the bed in order to show off that new feature from the patch. Either way it was a major pain until I got the mod.
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    It breaks every night for my sims, it's not closed in on them yet though but they both do have some handiness and I read somewhere that having handiness seems to prevent it form closing up on you sims when their in it but I think it's got to be a bug.

Like I love the odd chance that my sims could die from it but the bed breaking down every night and closing up on the sims is pretty annoying why can't it break after awhile like all the other electronics.
  • ksstrekksstrek Posts: 73 Member
    I gave up on the murphy bed. I think they look nice and would love to use them, but I am tired of having my sims repair them or call a repairman every morning. Waiting for a patch.
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    How does it do after it has been fully upgraded?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I got my sim to do the upgrades on the bed.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    I don't have the pack.
    I'm pretty sure its intentional and I like it that way. Motivates my sims to work on the handiness skill. Still waiting for last few contests to see if I win and if not then will have to wait for sale or maybe budget out a couple of Chai lattes. (Sorry Sis they will on you next time) LOL
    Either way intend to get it.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion