Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• CatWendCatWend Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi! Im new to the forum, old to Sims. I don't play a PC version Im on console which probably makes me "out of date" to most of you. Sims isn't the only game I play but it does seem to be the one I've stuck with over the years. I've played all the Sims games offered on console and I love seeing what goes on in others games and what is offered through PC versions. I am planning on getting a laptop just for Sims 4. I recently went from S3P to S3 and so far I love it except for the fact that the lots aren't editable unless your living on that lot. S3P allowed you to edit a number of lots without living there which I seen as a major plus. Otherwise Im happy with the change. I joined this forum to see all your cool stuff and peek at Sims 4 before I made the leap to a PC version. Happy Simming!
  • DustyDusty Posts: 44 Member
    PC. why? I prefer the console to pc. but everyone to there own.
    7B2hMRQ.gif
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    CatWend wrote: »
    Hi! Im new to the forum, old to Sims. I don't play a PC version Im on console which probably makes me "out of date" to most of you. Sims isn't the only game I play but it does seem to be the one I've stuck with over the years. I've played all the Sims games offered on console and I love seeing what goes on in others games and what is offered through PC versions. I am planning on getting a laptop just for Sims 4. I recently went from S3P to S3 and so far I love it except for the fact that the lots aren't editable unless your living on that lot. S3P allowed you to edit a number of lots without living there which I seen as a major plus. Otherwise Im happy with the change. I joined this forum to see all your cool stuff and peek at Sims 4 before I made the leap to a PC version. Happy Simming!

Hello @CatWend :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you play the console version of the Sims and have played all the sims console games versions. Simming is enjoyable and fun!
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads, and meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you post on the threads.
    I hope that you will enjoy playing the Sims 4 pc version when you get your new laptop.
    Happy simming! :)
  • raytheonsentiiraytheonsentii Posts: 3 New Member
    hey! i haven't written an intro post on any forum in ages, but i go by raytheonsentii (ray, for short). new to the forum, old to Sims, have been playing since Sims 1 rolled around, on and off, then mostly played Sims 2 (PC and console), a little bit of Sims 3. i bought a new PC recently so now i can finally play Sims 4 :'D excited to get back into it a little bit, since all i've been watching recently are Sims house builds on youtube...
    i am an artist, voice actor and video editor. i work as an English tutor and make youtube videos, among other things. ^_^
    hey! i haven't written an intro post on any forum in ages, but i go by raytheonsentii (ray, for short). new to the forum, old to Sims, have been playing since Sims 1 rolled around, on and off, then mostly played Sims 2 (PC and console), a little bit of Sims 3. i bought a new PC recently so now i can finally play Sims 4 :'D excited to get back into it a little bit, since all i've been watching recently are Sims house builds on youtube...
    i am an artist, voice actor and video editor. i work as an English tutor and make youtube videos, among other things. ^_^

Hello @raytheonsentii :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. It is great that you now have a new computer! You would be enjoying playing Sims 4 on it.It is nice that you have been enjoying watching simming YouTube house builds lately. You would be getting many building ideas to try out in your own homes that you build.
    With your work in making videos, you may like to read and post on the threads in the Video Haven section.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/video-haven
  • Sk1n1m1nSk1n1m1n Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I am Ellana (Sk1n1m1n) on this forum Falloutgirl112 on origin, i have just started playing the same sims, weirdly enough it it seems easier play it on mac than on my playstation, yet I can play F04 quite easily with the controlller
  • jessica645739jessica645739 Posts: 45 Member
    Hi ! I'm Jessica. I'm not really a new member, here since 2009 but in the french forums ! I have been playing since Sims 1. I play for fun only ! I don't have any stories or legacy but like to share my gameplay screenshots, I share them on my facebook account (Jess Sims). I don't know what anything else to say ! I try to be a member :P
    Sk1n1m1n wrote: »
    Hi, I am Ellana (Sk1n1m1n) on this forum Falloutgirl112 on origin, i have just started playing the same sims, weirdly enough it it seems easier play it on mac than on my playstation, yet I can play F04 quite easily with the controlller

Hello @Sk1n1m1n :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you play both the console and Mac versions of the game. Simming is very enjoyable and fun!
    I hope you will enjoy reading and posting on the forum threads about what is happening in your game.
    Hi ! I'm Jessica. I'm not really a new member, here since 2009 but in the french forums ! I have been playing since Sims 1. I play for fun only ! I don't have any stories or legacy but like to share my gameplay screenshots, I share them on my facebook account (Jess Sims). I don't know what anything else to say ! I try to be a member :P

Hello @jessica645739 :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again :)
    It is nice that you have started posting on these forums too, as well as the French forums.
    You just need a few more posts then you will become a full member :)
  • s4diversitys4diversity Posts: 29 Member
    Hi!

Like @jessica645739 I'm here since a while now, I was just hidden in the French forum :) . But glad to meet Simmers from all over the world.

I'm a passionate and crazy Simmer since the very first opus. It was the first game I bought with my own money, and the first video game I played.

20 yrs and 3875 Sims death later I'm still fond of The Sims. With the Sims 4 I'm more into exploring all the creative possibilities by building, creating mods, a bit of storytelling and pics edits. And sharing funny/weird/unexpected gameplay moments.

Have a nice day everyone, and happy simming!
    My Simblog* Gallery ID: S4Diversity
    Hi!

Like @jessica645739 I'm here since a while now, I was just hidden in the French forum :) . But glad to meet Simmers from all over the world.

I'm a passionate and crazy Simmer since the very first opus. It was the first game I bought with my own money, and the first video game I played.

20 yrs and 3875 Sims death later I'm still fond of The Sims. With the Sims 4 I'm more into exploring all the creative possibilities by building, creating mods, a bit of storytelling and pics edits. And sharing funny/weird/unexpected gameplay moments.

Have a nice day everyone, and happy simming!

Hello @s4diversity :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to these forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1.You would have enjoyed spending many enjoyable hours over the time playimg, creating and building !
    It is very nice that you are enjoying expressing your creativity through the Sim4 game :)
  • s4diversitys4diversity Posts: 29 Member
    Oh thank you for the warm welcome! Yes absolutely this game is great to express a creativity we can't always express so much irl. I think just for TS4 I'm about 1,000 gameplay hours. Shhhh don't tell ;)

Wow your gallery is really nice! I think i'll download lots of new paintings! Thank you for sharing.
    My Simblog* Gallery ID: S4Diversity
    Oh thank you for the warm welcome! Yes absolutely this game is great to express a creativity we can't always express so much irl. I think just for TS4 I'm about 1,000 gameplay hours. Shhhh don't tell ;)

Wow your gallery is really nice! I think i'll download lots of new paintings! Thank you for sharing.

You’re welcome @s4diversity :) Thankyou very much for your kind words :)
  • DemonQueenHanaDemonQueenHana Posts: 12 New Member
    Hi!

I've been playing The Sims 4 basically since it came out, but I only now made an account. I'm a writer and have been wanting to get into simlit since forever, and finally took the step. So I thought I'd also make an account on the sims forum to find other simlit writers and share my stories.

I'm 19 years old and from Belgium. My big passion is writing, but I'm also a student Japanology. Besided The Sims 4, I also play a lot of other games. And if I find the time, I like to read, watch anime (mostly Precure) and I'm also a big Whovian. I'm addicted to tea and cc (my mods folder is exactly 16 GB). I like alternative fashion. I used to play with berrie sims, and even though I haven't played with berrie sims in 2 years, you can still see remnants of my berrie years in the way I make my sims (they also all kind of look like each other).

If you're intrested, you can find my simblr here: https://demonqueenhana.tumblr.com/
    and my Dutch writing blog here: https://dromenenwoorden.wordpress.com/
    Hi!

I've been playing The Sims 4 basically since it came out, but I only now made an account. I'm a writer and have been wanting to get into simlit since forever, and finally took the step. So I thought I'd also make an account on the sims forum to find other simlit writers and share my stories.

I'm 19 years old and from Belgium. My big passion is writing, but I'm also a student Japanology. Besided The Sims 4, I also play a lot of other games. And if I find the time, I like to read, watch anime (mostly Precure) and I'm also a big Whovian. I'm addicted to tea and cc (my mods folder is exactly 16 GB). I like alternative fashion. I used to play with berrie sims, and even though I haven't played with berrie sims in 2 years, you can still see remnants of my berrie years in the way I make my sims (they also all kind of look like each other).

If you're intrested, you can find my simblr here: https://demonqueenhana.tumblr.com/
    and my Dutch writing blog here: https://dromenenwoorden.wordpress.com/

Hello @DemonQueenHana :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the release of Sims 4. It is lovely that you are a writer and have started to do simlit. You may like to read and post on the threads in the Challenges, Stories and Legacies section of the forums
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies
    I hope your simlit writing continues to go well and that you enjoy sharing your stories.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Oops, I never saw this thread. I discovered the forum recently after the survey and I've really enjoyed reading topics for the past couple of weeks. I've been playing since I was a teenager and the first game was published. I got my first computer at the time Sims 1 was released and this was the game I chose for it and I've been playing ever since. I had an old apple macintosh and was playing minesweeper on it before, so you can just imagine how amazed I was by the graphics of Sims 1. One of my favourite things to do was drink coffee and make my Sims also drink coffee at the same time. The music in Sims 1 was amazing. The humour was amazing. I loved it. I wish I could play it again somehow. I have so much nostalgia over the objects and furniture in this game that I still remember and miss them.

Sims 2 is the series I love the most, although Sims 1 is close behind. After I switched to Sims 2 when it was released, I was so excited about the graphics upgrade in the game, the hair strands, the steam coming off the frying pan, the terrain, the clothes, and then so devastated that all my beloved objects and features from Sims 1 were just gone. Eventually, I realized that it would be like Sims 1 where you would buy each expansion pack separately. In Sims 1, when you didn't know what to expect, every expansion was exciting, whereas in Sims 2, when I already knew what I wanted, the waiting was like torture, but it was so worth it when I got mostly everything back in my game and they added so much more. I fell in love with all the premade families and their personal dramas and histories. I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to resurrect Bella Goth. I loved living in the apartments, going on vacations, running retail stores. Unfortunately I lost my CD and can't load it anymore. I'm still grieving that. :'(

My computer couldn't run more than a few packs of Sims 3, so, unfortunately, I didn't get to play that one as much. I also played Sims Medieval. This game was so fun I really hope they add a medieval expansion or game pack to Sims 4 with quests. I also love Sims Freeplay, even though my Sims in Freeplay went through a very dark, terrible time. When I started playing Freeplay I created all my families and got very attached to them, but then, the game was updated with a new feature called "orbs" and I literally had to enslave them in repetitive tasks through each age and then kill them all when they got old to harvest orbs from their dead elder bodies, all to build the new community lots. Why?! Why did Maxis make me create orb slavery and death for all my Sims? Nevertheless, this game is so much fun and I have spent a ridiculous amount of money on my Freeplay Sims. I love the toddlers and babies in Freeplay the most. They are so adorable.

I started playing Sims 4 after I heard toddlers and Seasons were added and I love it. I'm still discovering new things every time I play and I think this will definitely become my favourite. I'm a rotational player and I have some families I've made myself and I like to keep all the Maxis premades. I love how the Sims look. I love the animations. I love the small little neighborhoods outside your home. I love all the skills and traits and aspirations. I can't believe I can finally actually go to work with my Sims. I really love this series. I hope they keep this one going for many years and keep adding more to it because I feel like I only just started playing it.

Wow, I realize that was a long introduction, sorry about that :blush:

elliendre wrote: »
    Oops, I never saw this thread. I discovered the forum recently after the survey and I've really enjoyed reading topics for the past couple of weeks. I've been playing since I was a teenager and the first game was published. I got my first computer at the time Sims 1 was released and this was the game I chose for it and I've been playing ever since. I had an old apple macintosh and was playing minesweeper on it before, so you can just imagine how amazed I was by the graphics of Sims 1. One of my favourite things to do was drink coffee and make my Sims also drink coffee at the same time. The music in Sims 1 was amazing. The humour was amazing. I loved it. I wish I could play it again somehow. I have so much nostalgia over the objects and furniture in this game that I still remember and miss them.

Sims 2 is the series I love the most, although Sims 1 is close behind. After I switched to Sims 2 when it was released, I was so excited about the graphics upgrade in the game, the hair strands, the steam coming off the frying pan, the terrain, the clothes, and then so devastated that all my beloved objects and features from Sims 1 were just gone. Eventually, I realized that it would be like Sims 1 where you would buy each expansion pack separately. In Sims 1, when you didn't know what to expect, every expansion was exciting, whereas in Sims 2, when I already knew what I wanted, the waiting was like torture, but it was so worth it when I got mostly everything back in my game and they added so much more. I fell in love with all the premade families and their personal dramas and histories. I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to resurrect Bella Goth. I loved living in the apartments, going on vacations, running retail stores. Unfortunately I lost my CD and can't load it anymore. I'm still grieving that. :'(

My computer couldn't run more than a few packs of Sims 3, so, unfortunately, I didn't get to play that one as much. I also played Sims Medieval. This game was so fun I really hope they add a medieval expansion or game pack to Sims 4 with quests. I also love Sims Freeplay, even though my Sims in Freeplay went through a very dark, terrible time. When I started playing Freeplay I created all my families and got very attached to them, but then, the game was updated with a new feature called "orbs" and I literally had to enslave them in repetitive tasks through each age and then kill them all when they got old to harvest orbs from their dead elder bodies, all to build the new community lots. Why?! Why did Maxis make me create orb slavery and death for all my Sims? Nevertheless, this game is so much fun and I have spent a ridiculous amount of money on my Freeplay Sims. I love the toddlers and babies in Freeplay the most. They are so adorable.

I started playing Sims 4 after I heard toddlers and Seasons were added and I love it. I'm still discovering new things every time I play and I think this will definitely become my favourite. I'm a rotational player and I have some families I've made myself and I like to keep all the Maxis premades. I love how the Sims look. I love the animations. I love the small little neighborhoods outside your home. I love all the skills and traits and aspirations. I can't believe I can finally actually go to work with my Sims. I really love this series. I hope they keep this one going for many years and keep adding more to it because I feel like I only just started playing it.

Wow, I realize that was a long introduction, sorry about that :blush:

Hello @elliendre :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1 and that it was the first game that you played on your new pc computer :) It has led you to many fun and enjoyable days spent simming ever since! It was lovely reading what you wrote about each of the Sims game versions <3
    It is very nice that you are now enjoying playing Sims 4.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Thank you for the kind welcome @rosemow , <3
  • sweettyellowsweettyellow Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, I'm Hail :0
    I've been playing TS4 for maybe two or three years at this point, and was introduced to the game by my sister who grew up with the series. In game, I spend a majority of my time creating Sims rather than playing as them, specifically fixing the ugly townies that spawn. I also have a bad habit of downloading more cc than my poor laptop can handle, but I simply cannot part ways with all the beautiful content simmers have made!

In my every day life I spend most of my time in school, napping, baking, and occasionally staying up late playing the Sims. My goal right now is to try and be active on this forum because from what from I've seen so far it's filled with really helpful threads and kind people (I also really wanna change my icon haha).
    Hi, I'm Hail :0
    I've been playing TS4 for maybe two or three years at this point, and was introduced to the game by my sister who grew up with the series. In game, I spend a majority of my time creating Sims rather than playing as them, specifically fixing the ugly townies that spawn. I also have a bad habit of downloading more cc than my poor laptop can handle, but I simply cannot part ways with all the beautiful content simmers have made!

In my every day life I spend most of my time in school, napping, baking, and occasionally staying up late playing the Sims. My goal right now is to try and be active on this forum because from what from I've seen so far it's filled with really helpful threads and kind people (I also really wanna change my icon haha).

Hello @sweettyellow :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very special that it was your sister that introduced you to simming <3 You would enjoy chatting to her about the sims that you have created.
    It is very nice that you enjoy creating sims. It is enjoyable spending time in CAS working out outfits that suit them that reflect the background details that we have given to them.
    You would enjoy simming as a restful break from the stresses of school studies.
  • crispytofucubescrispytofucubes Posts: 39 Member
    Hey friends, y'all can call me Tofu (she/her/hers)!
    I'm a college student who honestly doesn't have the time to be playing TS4 so much, but here we are. I enjoy building (not the best at it, but I do love making wacky builds) and gameplay challenges. A weird thing I like to do sometimes is create scoresheets using Excel for challenges I'm interested in. Anyone else find that satisfying, or is that just me?
    Aside from the sims, I also love doing needlework, I sing in our university's women's glee club, and I try out different recipes for bread and pastries. My friends like to call me the grandma friend for those reasons.
    Hey friends, y'all can call me Tofu (she/her/hers)!
    I'm a college student who honestly doesn't have the time to be playing TS4 so much, but here we are. I enjoy building (not the best at it, but I do love making wacky builds) and gameplay challenges. A weird thing I like to do sometimes is create scoresheets using Excel for challenges I'm interested in. Anyone else find that satisfying, or is that just me?
    Aside from the sims, I also love doing needlework, I sing in our university's women's glee club, and I try out different recipes for bread and pastries. My friends like to call me the grandma friend for those reasons.

Hello @crispytofucubes :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Simming is a great way to have a restful break from the stresses of your college studies. It is very nice that you enjoy building in the game. It is a great to express our creativity through the game and have fun at the same time!
    It is very nice that you enjoy doing needlework, singing and baking. It is always fun to test out new cooking recipes, then taste test the results!
  • loonatheworldloonatheworld Posts: 22 Member
    Hello! I've been playing Sims 4 since Making Magic and have just today joined the forums in the hopes of finding where a user got CC from. Nice to see such an active site going for the Sims!
  • HelpfullkittycatHelpfullkittycat Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi I play the sims mobile and I’m new to she forums

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top