Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Move objects on" lot question

simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
I hope this is the right place, I have put lots from the gallery into my game and they are very creative but I'm having a problem. My sim could not get into her bed, I had to move everything out of the way.
So, does needing MOO cause problems even if it is used? Should I remodel? Some objects were placed where they became totally unusable so what is the point of MOO if someone does not mind explaining. Some of the clutter looked good and was good decoration but I just do not want problems in the game. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    edited January 2020
    Your best bet is to turn on MOO before you place any lot from the Gallery. If you are/did and the items are still not usable, then the home wasn't play tested properly, in all likelihood. If there is so much clutter around the bed that you could not reach it or get into it, that's a builder's issues and not yours.

MOO is great, when used properly and tested. It allows for nicer, more realistic and logical placement of items, as opposed to when it is off, if you are using a lot of items in a build. (ie: Why would I normally have to place an end table 3' away from my sofa? My indoor plants in real life don't have a force field around them, preventing me from placing other plants anywhere near them.)

Is it occasionally abused? Yes.
  • GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    There are many creators that create builds/rooms which are for creativity and looks only and doesn't actually work in game. Some, like @Taoron said above, doesn't play test their works and those can have unintentionally problematic item placings. Basically it's just a trial and error to discover what can be done with MOO without it making a build useless. In general, MOO is safe to use as long as you test yourself that everything in your creation works afterwards, and it allows so much more creativity and smarter placing of items as sims in sims 4 can do stuff in much less space than in any other previous sims game ever.
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    thanks you both for answering it helped a lot
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    simplyzoe wrote: »
    thanks you both for answering it helped a lot

My pleasure