Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Omg building is hard! Lol

13...Next

Comments

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    @LiELF Cool! I found your uploads, I put you on 'follow'.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    @Admiral8Q Followed you too and also @Finvola and @JACKIEJOY who both have some really awesome Sims. <3:)
    #Team Occult
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    The gallery has been awful the past few days, sometimes I connect, sometimes it won't and sometimes it does and takes so long to load up that it freezes the game and I have to reload, lol. I will follow back the next time I'm able to connect. I did start building something but I fear it might be too complicated for my limited skills. :D I'm trying to build my grandma's house but it has attic rooms and I've been watching tutorials on that but I fear it will take me a bit to grasp the concept, haha.
    Finvola wrote: »
    The gallery has been awful the past few days, sometimes I connect, sometimes it won't and sometimes it does and takes so long to load up that it freezes the game and I have to reload, lol. I will follow back the next time I'm able to connect. I did start building something but I fear it might be too complicated for my limited skills. :D I'm trying to build my grandma's house but it has attic rooms and I've been watching tutorials on that but I fear it will take me a bit to grasp the concept, haha.

I can sympathize. I've decided to check out some Game Changer videos on building so I can get a better grasp of it. I've really been itching to try building another house, but do it the way I want it this time, with no limitations. I've noticed that Simarchy has a video for beginning builders. Maybe I'll search for some others tomorrow and link them here to share.

Also, I noticed tonight that the Gallery took a bit of time to load, so I'm feeling the struggle, lol. It probably has to do with adding console. Hoo boy. 😬 I hope they can get that sorted out.
    #Team Occult
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    I love to build. You are welcome to come with suggestions. :)
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

When you make a box, just call it a trailer :pensive:

gizygp0.png

Love the idea of a hashtag!
    edited January 2020
    CelSims wrote: »
    When you make a box, just call it a trailer :pensive:

gizygp0.png

Love the idea of a hashtag!

I love it, it's gorgeous!
    #Team Occult
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    So, I'm not much of a builder. But I decided to give it a go in the spirit of the Tiny Living contest. (Really not expecting to win or anything, just for fun. I'm way too amateur, lol.) I figured I'd make it a little easier by limiting myself to base game items and making it a starter build with no cheats, no MOO, just simplicity.

Well. First off, it would seem that there are some categories in build mode that won't let you select "base game", so I had to ignore everything with an icon in the corner and try to work around it. In the end, I wound up with four different pack items in there somewhere that I couldn't find, so I deactivated those packs in Origin, tweaked the build, and uploaded it. Turns out, the price of the lot was off too, once you place it down, so it just went over the starter price. Gaa!

I was going to leave it be, but it bothered me, because I had written in the description that it was a starter. So I decided to tweak it further. I figured that while I was in there, I'd make it a 100 tile lot, like the challenge in the pack. So I deleted the porches and made a couple little finishing touches, tested the build, it stayed within starter price, so I uploaded it. Now it's showing that I used something from Outdoor Retreat! I'm about to send a Sim to set this place on fire, lol.

You'd think that I'd just give up by now. But it's going to bother me. So off I go to try to pick out that OR item and send it to the Abyss. I feel bad for the Gurus for being spammed by the hashtag and downloading all of the lots to look at. They're going to be like, "this one again?? *eye roll*. If anyone sees @SimGuruNinja , send him my apologies, lol.

@LiELF I am glad you gave it a try, sorry you had a few problems. Let me give you a couple of tips to problems you mentioned. If, when filtering the objects of a lot that you only want base game objects in, there is no "Filter" button available, switch to a different category until you see the filter button appear. Checkoff the base game objects and then switch back to the original category. It will be set for base game only, even if you don't see the filter button. When placing a starter lot in a neighborhood, the cost of the empty lot will be added to the price of the total lot. If the price of the lot is higher than the original lot that you built it on, the cost will increase. If it is less, the cost will decrease. Lots of the same size do not necessarily cost the same in every neighborhood.

I hope this helps.... :)
    Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    So, I'm not much of a builder. But I decided to give it a go in the spirit of the Tiny Living contest. (Really not expecting to win or anything, just for fun. I'm way too amateur, lol.) I figured I'd make it a little easier by limiting myself to base game items and making it a starter build with no cheats, no MOO, just simplicity.

Well. First off, it would seem that there are some categories in build mode that won't let you select "base game", so I had to ignore everything with an icon in the corner and try to work around it. In the end, I wound up with four different pack items in there somewhere that I couldn't find, so I deactivated those packs in Origin, tweaked the build, and uploaded it. Turns out, the price of the lot was off too, once you place it down, so it just went over the starter price. Gaa!

I was going to leave it be, but it bothered me, because I had written in the description that it was a starter. So I decided to tweak it further. I figured that while I was in there, I'd make it a 100 tile lot, like the challenge in the pack. So I deleted the porches and made a couple little finishing touches, tested the build, it stayed within starter price, so I uploaded it. Now it's showing that I used something from Outdoor Retreat! I'm about to send a Sim to set this place on fire, lol.

You'd think that I'd just give up by now. But it's going to bother me. So off I go to try to pick out that OR item and send it to the Abyss. I feel bad for the Gurus for being spammed by the hashtag and downloading all of the lots to look at. They're going to be like, "this one again?? *eye roll*. If anyone sees @SimGuruNinja , send him my apologies, lol.

@LiELF I am glad you gave it a try, sorry you had a few problems. Let me give you a couple of tips to problems you mentioned. If, when filtering the objects of a lot that you only want base game objects in, there is no "Filter" button available, switch to a different category until you see the filter button appear. Checkoff the base game objects and then switch back to the original category. It will be set for base game only, even if you don't see the filter button. When placing a starter lot in a neighborhood, the cost of the empty lot will be added to the price of the total lot. If the price of the lot is higher than the original lot that you built it on, the cost will increase. If it is less, the cost will decrease. Lots of the same size do not necessarily cost the same in every neighborhood.

I hope this helps.... :)
    Ed

Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it. That's great information! 🙂
    #Team Occult
    @LiELF I've been modifying an apartment in San Myshuno. Maybe I'll build it to be usable by any Sims and upload it today before I get too crazy with it. I've been customizing it for that "Unflirty" chef guy and his elder mother. First time I've played a sim with "unflirty" trait who not only has trouble with finding romance, but the aspiration is big family. Now THAT is a challenge! So I've had him taking photos of other sims when flirty (close friends of course) and rebuilding the apartment to be romantic and comfortable (if he ever finds a woman and has kids.) Heh!
    And to boot, his mother is always nagging him to find a wife, LMAO!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Well that's a shame! Can't save apartment lots to library. Well, here's some screenshots then:
    dtzOfeC.png
    inKhGaa.png
    uGhWbEK.png
    H8Ra1Oq.png

I kept open areas in the bedroom, living-room, and kitchen. In anticipation of eventually needing space for toddler and kid stuff. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• WHW_SimmerWHW_Simmer Posts: 21 Member
    > @Admiral8Q said:
    > Well that's a shame! Can't save apartment lots to library. Well, here's some screenshots then:

>
    > I kept open areas in the bedroom, living-room, and kitchen. In anticipation of eventually needing space for toddler and kid stuff. ;)

@Admiral8Q If I'm not mistaken (and I discovered this last night), I think you can save apartments such as the one you renovated as rooms, where as penthouses are saved as lots. Discovered this last night when I decided to redo the apartment next to Diego Lobo and tried finding something to download from the gallery.
    "It is now time for our main event of Bob Pancakes vs. Diego Lobo, but here comes Caleb Vatore with an angry holiday gnome! And now here comes Johnny Zest with a cup of vampire cure! It's pandemonium, but we're out of time!"
    WHW_Simmer wrote: »
    @Admiral8Q If I'm not mistaken (and I discovered this last night), I think you can save apartments such as the one you renovated as rooms, where as penthouses are saved as lots. Discovered this last night when I decided to redo the apartment next to Diego Lobo and tried finding something to download from the gallery.

Good idea. I smashed out three walls to turn it all into one room. (Circled in yellow) That can be built back in easily. :)
    Saved it as "Living Room".
    I tested it. The room can be plopped down perfectly.

Dw2LA4A.png

On the gallery under rooms as "20 Culpepper House 8Q"
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• WHW_SimmerWHW_Simmer Posts: 21 Member
    > @Admiral8Q said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Good idea. I smashed out three walls to turn it all into one room. (Circled in yellow) That can be built back in easily. :)
    > Saved it as "Living Room".
    > I tested it. The room can be plopped down perfectly.
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > On the gallery under rooms as "20 Culpepper House 8Q"

I'm going to be on the lookout for that apartment either this evening or tomorrow after I get off work. Looks great!

This is the kind of apartment I've been looking for when trying to place one of the WWE sims I downloaded off the gallery. Given the duo nature of the layout, I think it would be perfect for the Sasha Banks and Bayley duo I downloaded off the gallery. Again, great job!
    "It is now time for our main event of Bob Pancakes vs. Diego Lobo, but here comes Caleb Vatore with an angry holiday gnome! And now here comes Johnny Zest with a cup of vampire cure! It's pandemonium, but we're out of time!"
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Do you guys ever download an interesting lot just to deconstruct it to try and figure out how they did that? Before I really started posting here, that is what I did to learn build tricks.
  • cutefrutypiecutefrutypie Posts: 39 Member
    I know! Well, I like to build but, the part that I hate doing is babies' room, lol. I simply dont like t build them. And I cant do gardens.

They are so hard, everything looks weird when i do it
    I know! Well, I like to build but, the part that I hate doing is babies' room, lol. I simply dont like t build them. And I cant do gardens.

They are so hard, everything looks weird when i do it

By 'babies rooms' do you mean toddlers rooms? That was a challenge for me.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    Do you guys ever download an interesting lot just to deconstruct it to try and figure out how they did that? Before I really started posting here, that is what I did to learn build tricks.

That's a very interesting approach! I might give that a try.
    #Team Occult
    edited January 2020
    @LiELF I found an awesome place for your Eccentric Oddity house!!!

Veressa Calhouni wanted to move out of her mom's place now that she her own toddler son. She is a snob, wants to be rich. Found a 'garbage' house in Oasis Springs. (I buldozed it. Not even worth saving to library) Had it torn down and your awesome house built there. Took her son along but ended up sending him back to her Mother's toddler paradise: Cassie Calhouni's place. He can move back when he's older.

LiELF, I love the interior design. Exterior is nice too. I slightly modified it, extending the upstairs bedroom out one tile towards the inside with the railing. The exterior decks I extended 1 tile outward also so Veressa's exercise machine would fit. The little bedroom that is down that you put in, I love that! Reminds me of real houses. I took out the bed and put a desk and computer there.

Otherwise, just replaced the plum fridge, toilet, shower and bed with expensive ones. Veressa is a snob and was given 200k simoleons from her mother to go on her own. Haha! She's down to 140k already and is still a teen. She needs to age up quickly to young adult soon, I think. ;)

Bernard Lyon, Johny Zest, and Darrious Xion did a "welcome to the neighborhood".

qXz0rU9.png
    jdqMrKV.png

More screenshots here:
    48cdZ9O.png
    hRotYlo.png
    QS8DU96.png
    TYWeNHF.png
    DQYpbjQ.png
    uf4Kuli.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Admiral8Q wrote: »
    @LiELF I found an awesome place for your Eccentric Oddity house!!!

Veressa Calhouni wanted to move out of her mom's place now that she her own toddler son. She is a snob, wants to be rich. Found a 'garbage' house in Oasis Springs. (I buldozed it. Not even worth saving to library) Had it torn down and your awesome house built there. Took her son along but ended up sending him back to her Mother's toddler paradise: Cassie Calhouni's place. He can move back when he's older.

LiELF, I love the interior design. Exterior is nice too. I slightly modified it, extending the upstairs bedroom out one tile towards the inside with the railing. The exterior decks I extended 1 tile outward also so Veressa's exercise machine would fit. The little bedroom that is down that you put in, I love that! Reminds me of real houses. I took out the bed and put a desk and computer there.

Otherwise, just replaced the plum fridge, toilet, shower and bed with expensive ones. Veressa is a snob and was given 200k simoleons from her mother to go on her own. Haha! She's down to 140k already and is still a teen. She needs to age up quickly to young adult soon, I think. ;)

Bernard Lyon, Johny Zest, and Darrious Xion did a "welcome to the neighborhood".

qXz0rU9.png
    jdqMrKV.png

More screenshots here:
    48cdZ9O.png
    hRotYlo.png
    QS8DU96.png
    TYWeNHF.png
    DQYpbjQ.png
    uf4Kuli.png

Wow, that's so cool! To see my first residential build in someone else's game is kind of special. I'm glad you're enjoying it, your Sim seems to be a perfect fit! :smile:
    #Team Occult