Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

quick Murphy bed question

Do sims automously put down the murphy bed when their energy is depleting and want to go to bed? Can you assign the murphy bed like any other bed?

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yes, you can assign sides of the bed to different sims, but only when the bed is down. I'm not sure if sims with autonomously put it down themselves though.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    Sims will autonomously put the bed down. In my experience, he put the bed down and then walked away to eat something. So I have no idea if they only do it when their energy is down. It was one of my Sim’s roommates.
  • under_sun_and_skyunder_sun_and_sky Posts: 96 Member
    Same here, my sim autonomously put the bed down then wandered off to the toilet. I am glad they remembered to add autonomy to it instead of having to put it down myself all the time though.
    tumblr_pg992c6rBP1r42s8uo1_400.gifv
  • SimCarlexSimCarlex Posts: 349 Member
    But it looks kind of weird that the bed's remote is invisible, doesn't it?
    If this bug... well, bugs you, report it here, please:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-TLSP-Murphy-Bed-Control-is-invisible/td-p/8666927
    I once started a Sims blog called My Sims Pieces (snapshots and stories from the lives of my Sims) and maybe I'll get back to it one day...
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Same here, my sim autonomously put the bed down then wandered off to the toilet. I am glad they remembered to add autonomy to it instead of having to put it down myself all the time though.

Chazzzy wrote: »
    Sims will autonomously put the bed down. In my experience, he put the bed down and then walked away to eat something. So I have no idea if they only do it when their energy is down. It was one of my Sim’s roommates.

So technically, a sim can die by Murphy bed without us doing it on purpose? It can totally happen if we aren't looking and random?
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes they can, they kind of obsess over pulling the beds down if you put them away. If they get hit once, it's a warning, but they could end up offing themselves by taking the bed down again if you put it back away on them. I think it might have something to do with energy come to think of it. I put one in my beach bum couple's house but they both have the Never Weary (I think it's called) perk where they don't sleep. They haven't interacted with the bed, except for that one time one decided to upgrade the bed autonomously. Neither one has pulled the bed down.

Whereas other saves I tested it with had no reward perks and they were forever pulling it back down when I put it away. They were tired from getting scared by the bed, so they wouldn't go back to sleep but they constantly fiddled with pulling them down, which lead to their demise.

I also tried it with roommates, they repaired their beds autonomously but would not stop obsessing over pulling them down, and all the roommates eventually got the snap too. :D
  • tsing_306tsing_306 Posts: 14 New Member
    My roommates sometimes put down the bed even the bed isn't assigned to them. I think they did it for fun.