Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiny Living feedback

DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
I bought tiny living yesterday and I thought I’d give some feedback. Feel free to comment your own feedback :)

First : - FYI two of the hairs have out of order swatches.
- I’ve seen people have reported video games don’t work on the new TVs.

I like Tiny Living so far. I’m not crazy about CAS in this SP but I do like the textures used, especially on knitted sweaters, they’re quite detailed.
Another thing I like is the pajamas and by the way thanks for adding a new pajamas, we could use more of these!

I like Build/Buy, and I think it’s a good idea to add smaller furniture. Again, the textures are impressive, especially on the Sink and pouf for instance. I appreciate having black and white swatches a lot, however, and it’s just a personal opinion but I’d rather have the same shade of black and white everywhere and not have the drawers in a different shade.

I hope we’ll get more cluttered shelves like the bathroom and kitchen ones !

Speaking of Kitchens, well I would have liked to see kitchen space saving stuff in Tiny Living. Like built in microwaves (though I understand they would need to redo all microwaves animations for a different height) or even smaller dishwashers, smaller stoves....
While we’re at it, washing machines that fit under a counter would be nice!

The Murphy bed : I like it but it’s a bit too deadly !!

I like the challenge of building tiny houses, (and it can be quite a challenge to manage not to overcome the number of tiles allowed).

I wouldn’t have minded some new traits.... maybe “eco friendly” or something ?

What do you guys think ?
Post edited by Dianesims on

Comments

• SintheaSinthea Posts: 29 Member
    I would have loved to have some sort of space saving options in the kitchen. It feels like kitchens were completely neglected. Overhead microwaves, under sink trash compactors and some new counters and stuff would have been nice. A micro two burner stove would have been awesome, perhaps limiting so the sim can't cook party size meals or something. Maybe a open bottomed floating counter so you can put your trash can or mini fridge under it. These are things very common to the tiny living movement so it would have been nice for them to be included.

I know when I lived in a 8x8 cabin they made my life easier.
    It's just one of those days...
    Remaking the Apocalypse Challenge
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I really like this pack. The B/B is perfect for it. The combo units are the best thing ever!

I love the challenge of the tiny lot building but the only drawback is that they look so out of place on even a 30x20 lot. I'm hoping we get more smaller lot sizes now. I'd love a little enclave of tiny lots in a neighbourhood all together in a future ep.

I still have to build a micro home. I think I am going to do that for my off-the-grid guy in Sulani.

So far, I am saving the game just before my sims use the murphy bed as I don't want any death from it. Not yet, anyways.
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
    I too was hoping for smaller two burner stoves and overhead microwaves are a great idea!

I feel like four tile spiral stairs were a real miss or even loafers. And of course, bunk beds.. what if you have kids??

(I don't have the expansion but and these are the failings that have kept me from buying)
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Yes that would have been nice and it doesn’t make much sense that it wasn’t included.

A microwave/oven could also have been interesting.
    Or take two burners off the stove and add a swatch for a coffee maker on the side. I don’t know, just something for kitchens.
    Sinthea wrote: »
    I would have loved to have some sort of space saving options in the kitchen. It feels like kitchens were completely neglected. Overhead microwaves, under sink trash compactors and some new counters and stuff would have been nice. A micro two burner stove would have been awesome, perhaps limiting so the sim can't cook party size meals or something. Maybe a open bottomed floating counter so you can put your trash can or mini fridge under it. These are things very common to the tiny living movement so it would have been nice for them to be included.

I know when I lived in a 8x8 cabin they made my life easier.

• under_sun_and_skyunder_sun_and_sky Posts: 96 Member
    It's a shame about the one new item rule for stuff packs, all of these things would've been great in this pack.
    tumblr_pg992c6rBP1r42s8uo1_400.gifv
  • trublu258trublu258 Posts: 2 New Member
    I was really hoping for some soft of lofted bed feature. I know I can make a 2nd story loft but that's not really a tiny house. I also love designing container type homes and would love to have more metal siding. And I agree about the bunk beds!! Would have made so much sense in this pack! I love the pack, love building tiny, it just seems like they could have done so much more with it.
  • trublu258trublu258 Posts: 2 New Member
    Oh also - a small wood burner or corner fireplace! Lots of tiny homes use them for heat, especially off-grid. That would have been awesome!
  • professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    My sim's unable to sleep for more than a few seconds on the microlot.
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    My sim's unable to sleep for more than a few seconds on the microlot.

Do you have any TVs or stereos on? If so you'll need to turn them off and then your Sims will sleep properly.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    The video games not working on the new TVs was intentional. They're preparing that for the next stuff pack.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    edited January 2020
    Something I noticed about the TV Stereo Combo, When "TV Season Premier" day comes around you can't watch it on the new TV. I was using the larger one out of the two.
    "New Years Eve" doesn't work either.
    Post edited by lori171957 on
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited January 2020
    I’m a little underwhelmed so far. I love the clutterey shelves and the furniture, but it all
    has a certain bright and trendy look to it. I need some rustic stuff. Handmade looking dressers and end tables that serves duel purposes. For a rags to riches challenge I wanted stuff that’s could
    Be in a tiny shack or cabin. The Murphy bed while cool doesn’t fit into every style home. I wish they would’ve added a very basic one that looks a little more rustic or even a pull out couch would’ve been awesome.

This pack should’ve had tons of BB stuff. It would've been an awesome time to add wheel
    Foundations and trailer like siding so we could build legit trailers, caravans and airstreams. Since the only gameplay feature was a lot type (and I honestly don’t like the crazy amount of perks they give you so once I’m done playing around with building I’ll never use that lot type during gameplay) and a bed it should’ve been jam packed with stuff.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I like the idea of space saving furniture but I don't really understand the choice for the tv/radio/bookshelve unit. These objects do not take up that much space if you go for the wall mounted versions (all available in base game) . The recent patch with more slots to place TV and deco books as functional book cases made this even easier.

But the pack doesn't adres the real challenge of a tiny home : a functional kitchen and bathroom. Unlike the entertainment combo sims actually need these to properly fulfil their needs. I wish we had a smaller stove, 2 burners with a functional half counter next to it for example. And no, a microwave on the minifridge is not a fully equipped kitchen. My sims need proper meals. A bin that slots under a counter is also useful.
    Or something to save space in the bathroom. A special combo to somehow get a sink toilet and shower in a small space, like a tiny space saving bathroom unit.

Perhaps a pack so focused on furniture should have had a few cas items less and used those resources to create one or two other types of space-saving combo's.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I like the idea of space saving furniture but I don't really understand the choice for the tv/radio/bookshelve unit. These objects do not take up that much space if you go for the wall mounted versions (all available in base game) . The recent patch with more slots to place TV and deco books as functional book cases made this even easier.

But the pack doesn't adres the real challenge of a tiny home : a functional kitchen and bathroom. Unlike the entertainment combo sims actually need these to properly fulfil their needs. I wish we had a smaller stove, 2 burners with a functional half counter next to it for example. And no, a microwave on the minifridge is not a fully equipped kitchen. My sims need proper meals. A bin that slots under a counter is also useful.
    Or something to save space in the bathroom. A special combo to somehow get a sink toilet and shower in a small space, like a tiny space saving bathroom unit.

Perhaps a pack so focused on furniture should have had a few cas items less and used those resources to create one or two other types of space-saving combo's.

It would be nice to get the trash compactor back, though you'd have to have two counters - one for a sink or dishwasher and one for the compactor, so I guess that wouldn't necessarily save space.

The thing I'm always thinking about when I build is routing, and that would be a limitation to how small you can go with objects. You're always going to need at least a tile and a space in front of it for things like showers and sinks. Even though the trash cans take half a square, Sims can't access them if they're not placed right, so you really need two squares. (Then again, my Sims are perfectly happy taking their trash to the outdoor bin. When the indoor can is empty. In a thunderstorm.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • tsing_306tsing_306 Posts: 14 New Member
    Is it just me? My sims and his flatmate keep reading books autonomously on the tiny house lot.
  • nightwatch1988nightwatch1988 Posts: 9 New Member
    Off the grid lot trait should be available for it. I'm actually surprised they didn't incorporate that.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm really enjoying the pack.
    I knew I'd like the furniture style. I like the CAS (only played 2 male sims so far).. and the hairstyles.
    I didn't think I'd make use of the tiny living benefits but it's the first thing I did after all. I might be in a minority but since I start single sims out frequently the benefits are great. They skill faster ect and it's very helpful when you've got to compulsively get your sims some starter skills before starting them out in life but don't want to cheat. It also just ties in wonderfully for the types of households I often play for my starter sims.
    I guess since I don't play families from toddler on up for the most part, I usually play catch up on skills more than I like. Now I feel like I have an option to get a leg up and I can get to the good stuff faster.
    egTcBMc.png
  • KhaatKhaat Posts: 11 New Member
    I'd love to be able to add a chiminea for a space saving fireplace. And i seriously wish they'd bring back ladders and space saving bathroom/shower that was in Sims 3. I love the ideas others have mentioned for floating counters and space saving appliances. That would be fabulous. I am really frustrated by the tiny living tvs b/c my sims don't have any ability to leave the bloody radio alone. Makes me completely crazy. They can't seem to do anything without turning on the radio and dancing. So far, I can't have a couple in a tiny house with the tiny living tv b/c one sim is chronically rude and has to bounce up and turn on the radio, waking up the other sim.
  • areil_51areil_51 Posts: 1 New Member
    I really wish they would have added bunk beds! It is very difficult to have more than one child in a family with a tiny house. Spiral stairs and kitchen items that help reduce space are needed as well. Also, I can't find the "Study Magical Tome" option on the new TV/radio/book-shelf stand (Magical Realm).
  • ccllmmssccllmmss Posts: 37 Member
    More kitchen items would have been nice. The TV, stereo, bookcase combos are a waste. Their fun value is only 2, they don't work with the video game consoles, and you can't watch season premiers or new year's countdowns.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    This !! I wanted this !! I found this on a post about City Living;

wrdz3Xu.jpg
  • Terpsichore_Terpsichore_ Posts: 27 Member
    I'm in love with this stuff pack. Honestly, I hear all the time people praising Laundry Day (which I don't care for very much, to be honest), but this one really is a game changer ! I think the furniture is really pretty, we have matching swatches for everything, and I like the three tier challenge. I also very much appreciate the perks that come with tiny living (plants growing faster had me swooning haha) !