Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Type of Player “Poll” (Choose from list.)

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    No Cheat Pete: 95% of the time my Sims start out with 0 simoleons Rags to Riches style. The only cheats I use are mostly build cheats. I will use the CAS cheat though to change townies from time to time and the money cheat to take away funds, not add them.

Modaphobic: I wouldn't say I have a phobia against Mods, I used a ton of them and CC in TS2. I just haven't used them yet in TS4. One day I will, but I'm cool playing without them for now.

Skill Builder: I like my Sims to build skills and even have a couple Super Sims. Sometimes that's all they do. But they don't start out that way, usually they're just trying to survive. lol If I catch myself grinding skills with my Sims, I'll try to balance it with something else fun for them to do for awhile.

Screenshot Sally: It's not the end of the world if I don't take screenshots, but I do love taking them and sometimes sharing them. I'll take at least 1-10 every play session, sometimes A LOT more.

Up to the Challenge: Oh boy, yep, this is me! I LOVE playing challenges and have played sooooo many of them. Some 2-3 or more times. I bet you'd be hard pressed to find a challenge I haven't played. lol Well, except if the challenge involves killing Sims or cheating Sims. I don't like that kind of gameplay.

Architect: I'm not THAT obsessed with building that I need to rebuild my entire worlds. But I adore building homes for my Sims and occasionally entering build challenges/contests. Building/decorating is what drew me in to playing Sims in the first place. I sometimes catch myself spending more time updating/building my Sims homes once they have enough simoleons than actually playing with my Sims. o.O I love it though, so it's all good! <3

Casual Zigzag: Unlike your description, I have never played in the traditional rotation style of gameplay. However, I only play with one Sim/household per save file and I do jump around and play whichever one I'm in the mood for on any given day. Sometimes I'll play more than one save file a day, but it's rare.

I have 101 gameplay files in folders with saves, tray files, screenshots, etc. for each Sim/household that I have created, but only play around half a dozen at a time. That doesn't even count all my build file folders, Models or SimLit. I just keep the most current saves in the game and pull them out when I'm finished with them, or when I decide to put in other save files to play.

Happy Simming! <3
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I'm a modaphobic spiderman!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Fun thread! As for me...

___Skill Builder: Definitely. I can't play the game "just like that", I need goals for my sims, which more often than not involves skills, jobs and aspirations I have in mind for them.

___Shut-In: Yep, but only because I don't want to spend half of my play time looking at loading screens.

___Force the Game into Submission: Well, this is pretty much mandatory with how little cool stuff the game actually allows us to do (and how much of that is broken because of bugs). If I want something in the game that isn't there by default, I usually create it myself with a mixture of misusing existing features for my intended purposes, mods, imagination and playing pretend.

___Screenshot Sally: All the time! My screenshot folder actually weighs more than my mod folder.

___Literati: I don't have a tattoo on my arm that says "Simlit", nor will I ever consider that, but yeah, I am in fact a writer and often use this game to bring my stories and characters to life. Even completely original families and sims who aren't from any of my novels usually get a decent background, and at the moment I'm working on a YouTube series filmed with The Sims.

___Different Day, Same Sim: Not all of them, but my simself and family, Lara Croft and a few of my own novel characters have so far appeared in some form in every iteration of The Sims that I've played.

___Casual Zigzag: I honestly thought that was the definition of rotational play...
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2019
    No Cheat Pete - I honestly can't see the point in playing with cheats. I like my sims to earn everything they have. I don't even use the satisfaction point rewards.

Screenshot Sally - I can't help myself. I have to capture all the special moments.

Strict Rotational - In previous iterations I was a one family legacy type player but in the Sims 4 I've found that rotational play is so much more fun and keeps the game feeling fresh for me. I play the premade families mostly. Each family is played for one sim year with seasons set at 14 days before I rotate to a new one.

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I am a variety of things:
    Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater, Mod Addict, Force the Game into Submission, Different Day, Same Sim, Architect, Sharin’ Sharon, Casual Zigzag (although I do play random rotational), and Secret Sadist.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited November 2019
    If I had to choose just one I would say Architect. I have been a few of the others at one point or another. As far as gameplay goes, I would mostly say I'm a single family player but even with that I rotate between the different households of that family.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,124 Member
    My play is:
    Architect (Love building unique homes)
    Casual Zig Zag (Love playing different household themes)
    Modaphobic (Mods makes games unplayable)
    Force the Game into Submission (Love making Elves, Fairies, Werewolves & Borgs)
    Different Day Same Sim (My David Tennant's Doctor Who got remade from Sims 3)
    Screenshot Sally ( Taking cool pictures of my sims is fun)
    Skill Builder (I give my sims the max levels of certain skills to go with their theme)
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Modphobic - mostly I haven't been inspired to go find them and download them. So far nothing in my game has driven me to make the effort.

Screenshot Sally - so many screenshots.

Strict Rotational - I don't play in the same order every rotation, but I do have a strict system that makes sure each household gets the same number of days each rotation.

No Cheat Pete (in the beginning) - I start each save with a family with the starter funds and work my way up, but sometimes when I start moving the children out I cheat to get them into the house I want them to start in. Other than that I usually only cheat toddler motives when I feel compelled to take them to community lots.
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    edited November 2019
    I’m a Spider-Man and Architect. The game I currently play has been spread out with with varying offspring/family of the original founders; going on almost two years now. I also do tons of building to take a break from playing and/or when I get bored.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    ___No Cheat Pete: Loosely. If my sims lives get super hectic I'll cheat every so often (this is why I have UI Cheats Extension, so I don't have to remember all these cheats).

___Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater: Again, loosely. I usually don't cheat, but I will if I'm feeling overwhelmed.

___Modaphobic: Occasionally. It's quite refreshing to play vanilla every once in a while.

___Mod Addict: CC? No. Mods? Some. In an overly-organized way, because I'm crazy.

___Skill Builder: Nah. Unless I need it for a story or an aspiration.

___Shut-In: Nope. My Sims leave the house to go on dates, go to the vet, meet potential mates, and soon go to college.

___Force the Game into Submission: Before Realm of Magic I used a mod so I could have witches in my game, but other than that, nope. Not really.

___Screenshot Sally: I try to be, but fail miserably.

___Poser, in a Good Way: I only use custom poses if a SimLit I'm writing includes a sim who I want to be disabled for story purposes, and the like.

___Literati: YES. I don't have SimLit tattooed on my arm, but I love writing. And what better way to do it than with The Sims?

___Different Day, Same Sim: Well... I got The Sims 4 for Christmas 2018... and I didn't play anything before that... So nope, definitely not.

___Spiderman: Too much work.

___Up to the Challenge: Again, too much work. I've tried several challenges (some more than once) but have never succeeded.

___Architect: Oh, I wish! I can't build very well, so I just add a few basic things (cemetary, wedding hall) and then I'm done. I even use EA's houses...

___Sharin’ Sharon: I have a few builds on the gallery, and a few sims, but I don't live for it.

___Strict Rotational: I haven't even TRIED rotational! I probably will if I can get my current sim families kids to adulthood, but...

___Casual Zigzag: Again, haven't even tried rotational play.

___Secret Sadist: I like drama. I rarely have happy couples. But I'm not a sim MURDERER.

___Bored on the Boards: No. I mean, I get bored, but not after 15 minutes, no. And rarely vocally.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Stymied for choice as too many apply. But gameplay and script mods are integral to my game now and I can't go back. I rarely care enough about how a sofa cushion looks or whether jeans are trendy or just plain, so browsing reams of cc objects to download and keep up with is too much trouble, so I am a script/gameplay modaholic only.

Have cheat codes memorized, yes, but these days I use them with precision, not as a blanket to toss over simulated life's vicissitudes.

Literati? Maybe one of these days I will try it. I like reading it, and like writing.

Zigzag rotation meets Spiderman: my random rotations in a save plus mixing and matching everyone for several generations til whole worlds are all related by blood or marriage, check. It creates a logjam situation.

Favorite Sims to have, hold, hoard, and re-use in many guises? Yes to that also.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    I'm actually two different players, depending on the time of the week....

Weekdays:
    No Cheat Pete, Modaphobic, Different Day/Same Sim
    I just drop casually into these Vanilla game Saves and play a day or three of straightforwardness, before bed. I just play the same Ageless Sims, who do have active lives. They have no preexisting Relatives, only Friends. It's also these Saves in which I try out all new Maxis content. They're quite relaxing to play. I make a quick exit when it's time for bed. :relaxed:

Weekends/Holidays/Staycations
    Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater, Mod Addict, Literati, Spiderman, Casual Zigzag
    A couple of these Saves are quite detailed. I cheat for the storyline, play all Households as needed for it, and build Skills for it as well. The storyline drives everything, and makes for a lot of building as well. They can eat up huge chunks of time for sure, and will never be "Complete." :o
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    This is funny. The two that stick out for me:
    Casual Zigzag and Secret Sadist. I just play like I feel like playing and if I get a new idea zing I'm off to make a new save or family. Yes, yes I can be a sim murderer for story purposes. Not because it feels good or anything! Really... seriously.. pinky swear!

Also No Cheat Pete mostly (even though I allow myself free real estate on once in awhile for set up and changing sims in CAS because .. well because, whew some sims are bad) and Skill Builder very often.

Where is the Aspiration Hound? I have to be doing like 5 of them at a time...
    egTcBMc.png
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Casual Zigzag

I don't even play every day these day, but I do have my small handful of families that I may or may not feel like playing. I have tried playing by rules, but it simply does not appeal to me. I guess that's also why I have no qualms using cheats whenever it suits me.

Sometimes I play with mods and/or CC, other times I don't. It's a mood thing for me. Like everything else game-wise. Try to pin me down and I'm long gone :D

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    edited November 2019
    Personally I'm a mix
    • No Cheat Pete
    • Somewhere between Modphobic and Mod Addict
    • Skillbuilder but only the ones that make sense
    • Literati
    • Different Day, Same Sim
    • Architect
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Mod addict and Spiderman are the first ones that come into my mind.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    ___No Cheat Pete: You start with the assigned funds, work hard, and slowly build your sims’ lives up from very little to very well off. This is me, mostly. Might cheat once in a blue moon, but only when needed.

___Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater: Your entire gameplay is built around cheats. You have a cheat guide bookmarked on your toolbar, but you don’t really need it because you’ve used them so much that you’ve memorized most of them anyway.

___Modaphobic: You play the game the way it was meant to be played, gosh darn it. Your mod folder is empty, and that’s the way you like it.

I'm in here. I have mods and a couple of pieces of CC. Mostly mods. My Mods folder only has like 50 items total.

___Mod Addict: It started with a few pieces of cc. Well, there really isn’t enough [insert object name] in the game, so I’ll just download a few of those and be done, you told yourself. That was 6,000 downloads ago. Now you spend at least 50% of your game time downloading, and you might have to buy another hard drive just to store your sims stuff on.

___Skill Builder: You have the most highly skilled sims in virtual space. If you sent your sims to a job fair, they would take all the jobs and leave other people’s sims with nothing. Your sims’ spare time is spent productively—building skills. And when one skill is maxed, it’s on to the next one. Seriously me. I want my sims to achieve something! Even if it's meaningless in reality lol.

___Shut-In: You’ve given your sims everything they need at home, so why ever leave? Commercial lots are overrated. Sometimes you wish you didn’t have to go out either. I do this a lot, but I am getting better at it!

___Force the Game into Submission: You have so many grand ideas! Ancient Greece? Yes! Dystopian Future? Yes! Fairies and dragons and werewolves? Yes, yes, and yes! Who cares if the game isn’t set up for any of those things? You will make this game submit to your will and to your creative vision.

___Screenshot Sally: You’re all about capturing the moment forever. The tab key is your friend. The game is pointless if you don’t have a visual record of it. If it didn’t happen in a screenshot, it didn’t happen.

___Poser, in a Good Way: The in-game animations aren’t good enough for your perfectionist standards. You have a library of poses that aid you in perfectly depicting your sim’s personality and lifestyle. This play style often coexists with other play styles, such as Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater, Mod Addict, and Screenshot Sally.

___Literati: You’re a serious author. You know what an inciting incident is, and you can pronounce the word “onomatopoeia.” You breathe life into your sims through story. The Sims is not a game; it’s a means to express yourself creatively through the written word. You have a tattoo on your arm that says “Simlit.” Cool tattoo idea. I write for a living, so no, I don't need this. Just had to comment on the tattoo!

___Different Day, Same Sim: You’ve played the same sim(s) in different iterations since the day you bought The Sims 4. In fact, you recreated them from your game in Sims 3, which you recreated from Sims 2, which you recreated from Sims 1. Your sim means everything to you, and you’re never, never, never letting them go. Ever. Hello Sims 10...meet my same sim.

___Spiderman: Your game is an intricate web of cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, exes, friends, enemies, club members, neighbors, coworkers, school chums, bar buddies, and more. You don’t play a household, you play a community. And you keep track of all the intricate threads of relationships with astonishing accuracy. Except when you don’t and accidentally marry first cousins. But hey, that’s totally legal in some parts of the world. While it doesn't start out this way, it usually happens every time. I want to know what happens to everyone in the family! And sometimes I do play with their friends or whatnot.

___Up to the Challenge: If there’s a challenge, you’ve played it. One hundred babies? Did it! Very Berry? Did it! Some obscure challenge only you and probably 10 other people have ever heard of? Did that, too. If only Sims challenges were a sport, your shelves would be lined with trophies. I do enjoy a good challenge. I don't know about the trophies though.

___Architect: You want to play with your sims. You really do. But there’s just so much to get done first. There’s the house, the landscaping for the house, the friend’s house which you’ll be spending a lot of time at, the landscaping for the friend’s house, the business, the revamps of existing businesses, the new buildings that currently don’t exist in game but that you really really need before you can get started. Maybe in about 6 months you’ll be ready to start actually playing. Maybe.

___Sharin’ Sharon: Whether it’s builds, saves, challenges, or something else entirely, you love to make stuff to share with other people. For you, the Sims 4 online community is a lot of what makes the game fun, not just the game itself.

___Strict Rotational: You have a strict schedule, and you stick to it. You go to the next household at a specific time in a specific order and do not deviate. You like things to be organized. In the words of Dolores Umbridge, “[you] will have order.” Very much so when I'm playing rotationally. I switch at Sunday, 6 am. On the dot. (Or as close as possible with the game clock lol)

___Casual Zigzag: You tried to be a rotational player, but that only lasted about 3 sim days, if that. Too many rules, man. You still play multiple households but in a random, who-do-I-feel-like-playing-today kind of way.

___Secret Sadist: You do terrible things to your sims and feel absolutely no remorse. The crazier and more chaotic your sims’ lives, the better. Your friends and coworkers all think you’re normal. Your online Simmer friends all know you’re not.

___Bored on the Boards: You play The Sims for 15 minutes then pop on the forum to post about how bored you are and ask for game ideas. You pick one of the ideas from the responses then play like that for 15 more minutes. Then you switch to another game and don’t play the sims for another 4 months. When you do start playing again, you play for about 15 minutes then pop on the forum to post about how bored you are.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm a mod addict poser. No need to say more, they described me perfectly 🤣
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    _Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater- I never turn them off.

_Modaphobic- Not against them but never leave them in for too long.

_Skill Builder- My sims always reach the top of their skills.

_Shut-In- Just like myself, my sims don't get out much.

_Force The Game In To Submission- I have a story to tell and I will find a way to tell it darn it!

_Screen Shot Sally- Have to keep track of all those important family moments.

_Literati- Always have a new story to tell and sims is one of my favorite ways to tell them.

_Different Day, Same Sim- Have played my simself over and over again for as long as I have had her.

_Spiderman- I have whole neighborhoods of family in my games. I love big families.

_Strict Rotational- This is just recent but I keep to a schedule of when I visit a certain household and for how long.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • sinrasinra Posts: 72 Member
    edited January 2020
    Literati architect spiderman who moonlights as a sadist.
    Post edited by sinra on
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I'm equal parts Casual Zig Zag, Mod Addict and Screenshot Sally with a dash of Cheater.
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    I'm Literati, Secret Sadist (though how secret is it really), Casual Zigzag, Architect, Screenshot Sally and a bit of Spiderman
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    No Cheat Pete and Modaphobic
    And one that is missing, Legacy: Generation 10 - Mission Impossible :lol:
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    This is fun!
    I am, in no particular order:

- Modaphobic (I love that term!)
    - Spiderman
    - Architect
    - Sharin’ Sharon
    - Casual Zigzag
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse