Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Care What Your Sims Eat?

124...Next

Comments

• Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Yes
    If they start putting on weight they get fruit and salads.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    Yes
    Yes - I was concerned when my hijab wearing sim ate pork from a street stall autonomously. It's something I'd like to mod if I knew how to.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes
    Congratulations. I feel the same way - I've always had to struggle with my weight, and getting older doesn't help. (Fortunately, I walk a lot.)

Thank you! :) I walk a lot too. My husband keeps trails groomed through the field and forest area on our property.

By the way, if anyone would like to see a list of the calorie content in dishes through the Jungle Adventure GP, here's a link to the Google Doc I found. Hopefully one day the creator will update it for any recipes released in packs after JA.

Sims 4 Food Calorie Values

EDIT: *Note - I'm not sure how accurate this list is concerning CL food stall dishes. After I found this, I let any Sims learning those recipes eat them freely and they still began to gain weight despite the list claiming they had 0 calories. Just an FYI...
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Yes
    I love cooking in real life and I love food. I enjoy the cooking skill(s) in the game and like my sims to eat a well balanced diet of foods I myself enjoy in real life. I am a vegan though so most of my sims have the vegetarian trait (no vegan trait in the game) and even the ones that don't have it rarely eat any animal products, I also pretend that cheesy things like mac and cheese are made with a vegan alternative :D

I always make sure at least one sim in each households learns how to cook properly and I take them to the Spice Market often and to the Latin American cantina I made with all Selvadoradian dishes (and the Mexican ones from City Living) so they can learn more diverse and fun foods.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • lisfyrelisfyre Posts: 215 Member
    No
    No I don't care what they eat because I MAKE them exercise. Then when I get enough points I get either the Never Hungry trait or the not so hungry one. Can't remember the name. My foodies always get the lesser one so they can still eat and taste.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    Yes
    I don't overly worry about the calories although I try not to let them snack on junk food too much but I mainly like to give them a bit of variety and not stick with the same thing just because it's easiest or first on the list.
    iscQh5U.png
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Yes
    LiELF wrote: »
    Nah. One colored blob on a plate is the same as another colored blob on the plate to me. :D Well, except for maybe some of those weird, exotic dishes. But honestly, I'm annoyed that my Sims have to spend time eating at all, so I just have them scarf down whatever and get it over with.

Actually, according to Carl's Sims Guide, there are foods that may give less calories but your Sim will need to eat again sooner, there are also foods that are a lot of calories will fill you up more, and even foods that the developers neglected to add calories to, so you can eat them for free. I think every Sim can should check Carl out.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Yes
    @Lquinn I didn't realize food affected how often they get hungry, too! I went and found the article you mentioned, and linked to it back in my original post. And here: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/calories.php
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes
    I don't care about calories, Just what I think would resonate with my sims taste buds.

My simself's diet reflects my real life diet which consists of:

Pancakes
    BLT
    Roast Chicken
    Holiday Ham
    Chocolate Chip Cookies
    Peanut butter Cookies
    Lemon Meringue pie
    Apple Pie
    Lemon Squares
    Grapes
    Apples
    Strawberries
    Milk
    Beer

Some sims have more of a taste for Italian, others Fish, others spicy food.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif