Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Okay Children and Toddlers are being SEVERELY neglected.

sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
edited September 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I don't understand why 6 years later there is still little to no content for them whatsoever. I installed TS3 a few days ago with Generations and some of the toddler items from the TS3 store. I cannot put into words how fun it is to play both of these lifestages. And not even to just play those lifestages directly but to play as a parent caring for their child was so immensely fun! Put them in the pram and walking them, playing with them, have the kids play on the treehouse and throw water at their parents from the top and also my fave item the costume chest. The water slide was also a proper size and not the size of a blue whale. The video recorder was also heaps of fun! Hopscotch! The new toys, the drawing tables for toddlers, there was just so much. Don't even get me started on the toddler walker and the playpen!!! Those 2 are my favourite items ever! The bunkbeds were finally added as well!

Sorry for all the rambling and mushy thoughts. It's just that I currently have 2 toddlers in my TS4 save and I find them so boring to play with. All they have are the oversized dollhouse, the tree toy thing with the same animations as the dollhouse and some toys? The slide and the ballpit are good additions however we need way more indoor activities for toddlers too.
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Comments

• MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Do you know it's funny because I find the exact opposite? I'm enjoying playing children and toddlers in Sims 4 far more than in Sims 3. So I don't really feel like they're being neglected, I'm enjoying them a heck of a lot <3 I suppose I find it like that because I'm not always on the lookout for new stuff? If it comes, great, if it doesn't then I have a lot of things I can do with the stuff I have. <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    2 and 3 both had more objects for toddlers than 4 seems like. But I never enjoyed playing them in 3 (don’t remember about 2 tbh) and I don’t really like playing them in 4. I just play them enough to max out their skills and then age them up as soon as possible. In 3 I would do the same thing basically, play with them enough so they learn how to walk/talk and all that and then birthday time.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Same as you, Chazzzy. But I also don't understand the oversizing of things in 4. Even simple furniture as dining chairs and kitchen counters seem very big to me. If we assume that a Sim is about, say, 5' 9"/6' 0" tall (around 180 cm). Isn't that the standard height of humans used for general comparison?

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    It sucks, because toddlers one of my fav. life stages...
    Well, toddlers weren't orginally part of the game. They were added because players screamed for them. So, it's kinda understandable that they don't get that much attention from the Devs. Meaning if toddlers are your favorite part, you probably shouldn't expect much in ways of content.

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm really wondering if there's going to be a generations type pack coming this year that's full of toddler/child stuff. It isn't like them to ignore such life stages like this.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    I agree Sims 3 and 2 kids had much more fun. Most of the objects we have for kids and toddlers in Sims 4 are huge. There's some variety but you can never fit the Ball pit, that jungle gym thing and the water slide all on one lot unless you're playing a bigger lot. By that point your home starts looking like a playhouse. I would like more indoor activities that aren't just a clone of the dollhouse or teddy bear. Likewise we don't even need the big bulky objects for a game of tag or hide and seek. Or peek-a-boo with the toddlers.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    It plum, because toddlers one of my fav. life stages...

Weird, because these are the best toddlers in the series. I don't even like toddlers, didn't care that they weren't in the game on release and I still concede that the devs knocked that life stage out of the park.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited January 2020
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Well, toddlers weren't orginally part of the game. They were added because players screamed for them. So, it's kinda understandable that they don't get that much attention from the Devs. Meaning if toddlers are your favorite part, you probably shouldn't expect much in ways of content.

They were included in the Sims 2 and 3. I was one of those people that screamed for them to be added in the Sims 4, I consider them to be a vital part of the game just like all the other life stages are. It was a huge mistake in my opinion to release the game without them and it was a decision that lead me to not play the game until they were included. I honestly don't think that it was an intentional design choice to leave them out. I just think that they ran out of time and released the game unfinished. Pools were also absent at the release as well.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Um, are there not stuff packs especially for them, MFP and Toddler Stuff. Probably because toddler/kid are not my favorite life stages.

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Um, are there not stuff packs especially for them, MFP and Toddler Stuff. Probably because toddler/kid are not my favorite life stages.

That's the thing... Kids and toddlers haven't had any new clothes since Island Living or Moschino. That's 3 packs with no new clothes.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Yeah, they have been for several years. Family players have been voicing our disappointment forever, but the devs want this to be a young adult only simulator with the other ages just tacked on with no gameplay.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited January 2020
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Three Stuff Packs, if you count Kids Room. But three Stuff Packs isn't a lot of content. (Well,) and it's nowhere near as much as what teens and above get. Especially compared to how much stuff they had in the past, and how much stuff they should be able to do but can't. (Gardening, riding bikes, doing magic, playing several instruments.) The biggest update they've had in a while getting hair that already existed for teens-elders.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    Nindigo wrote: »

Really? Seriously? It's a LIFE SIMULATION, ALL of the life stages should be provided for....and also give some more things to elders and male sims.

No need for capital letters. I can read lower case. Anyway, what you personally prioritize may not correspond with what the Devs do. Just saying. We can't expect to get everything all the time. Besides, with all the heaps of CC out there, Devs prolly don't worry to much about toddlers as it is. For players who don't play with toddlers and kids, it's likely not a concern either. Everything is a matter of personal opinion.

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    sinra wrote: »
    There are children in this game??

Love it :D

It doesn't seem to matter how much we ask for toddler, baby or kid stuff it falls on deaf ears. Maybe they think a couple of stuff packs is more than enough. Sigh.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    It might be because they think the target demographic doesn't want to play with kids and toddlers. Target is young female teens. The thought that maybe if there were fun and interesting things to do more people would play these ages doesn't seem to occur.
  • Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    I want more stuff for them as well. I do have a feeling a bigger pack more focused on them may be released this year. I hope so.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I want more things for them too. The younger Sims have always been my favorite and this is coming from an adult female Simmer. I hate that the Sims team assumes that we only want to play Sims that are our gender and age and are mainly just white and American clothing. It is sexism and ageism and discrimination.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • sinrasinra Posts: 72 Member
    Well, iirc Plumbella mentioned in a video that one of the simgurus said people don't play family style gameplay, which... imagine being that out of touch with a massive part of your playerbase. And that's not to say there aren't people in the other camp. A good chunk of players couldn't care less about familial aspects of the game and honestly, congratulations my dudes, you're catered to more than family players. And yes, I see you poor occult players too. I'm sorry.

The generational players do make up their fair share of the playerbase though, so I don't know where exactly they're getting that idea from. Especially considering the devs were bullied into releasing toddlers, and how within the three pack types the dlc that caters to realism and family style gameplay consistently ranks in the top three in terms of success within the first year of their respective releases, not to mention the realistic* players are absolutely the loudest in terms of voicing what they want to see in the game.

*I'm aware realism includes both camp millennial life simulator and camp suburban soccer mom. One just happens to be ea's favourite and I can see why the latter is so salty.
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    I actually feel like teens are more neglected. At least we got a childrens and toddler pack. We haven't had anything for teens at all.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2020
    I'm desperate for more toddler and child stuff too. They are lacking so much I get jealous of all the stuff I see ts3 and ts2 has. BUT on a positive note they said they "hear us" so maybe between this year (hopefully) or next year they will give it to us. I would go crazy to have toddlers, strollers,walkers,carriers,etc. Kids playing and chasing eachother, and normal sized playground stuff/pool slides etc. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
    I think we just have to be patient.
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    sinra wrote: »
    Well, iirc Plumbella mentioned in a video that one of the simgurus said people don't play family style gameplay, which... imagine being that out of touch with a massive part of your playerbase. And that's not to say there aren't people in the other camp. A good chunk of players couldn't care less about familial aspects of the game and honestly, congratulations my dudes, you're catered to more than family players. And yes, I see you poor occult players too. I'm sorry.

The generational players do make up their fair share of the playerbase though, so I don't know where exactly they're getting that idea from. Especially considering the devs were bullied into releasing toddlers, and how within the three pack types the dlc that caters to realism and family style gameplay consistently ranks in the top three in terms of success within the first year of their respective releases, not to mention the realistic* players are absolutely the loudest in terms of voicing what they want to see in the game.

*I'm aware realism includes both camp millennial life simulator and camp suburban soccer mom. One just happens to be ea's favourite and I can see why the latter is so salty.

That's the whole reason I play the sims, family making and generations..-sigh- it's a shame.