Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worlds You Can't Live Without

Comments

• blueamberblueamber Posts: 32 Member
    I really love Starlight Shores but I also love Isla Paradiso (and Sunset Valley of course because of the Goths and Landgraabs). I wish that Starlight Shores could have that clear blue water like Isla Paradiso... does anyone know any mods to change the water? I would love to know :)
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @blueamber : have you tried burnt waffles lighting mods? (https://brntwaffles.tumblr.com/tagged/lighting-mod)
    scroll past the Sims 4 mods and then there are many different mods with different water colors options for our Sims 3 worlds! Perhaps this mods can help you!
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I wish I had the other worlds from the Store. The ones I don't have are Barnacle Bay, Sunlit Tides, Midnight Hollow, Lucky Palms, Lunar Lakes, and Roaring Heights. The ones I want the most are bold.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • TroyTalksTroyTalks Posts: 103 Member
    EA Worlds:
    Moonlight Falls
    Bridgeport
    Lucky Palms
    Midnight Hollow

Custom Worlds:
    Moon Valley
    Legacy Island III
    Storybrooke

Honorable mentions:
    Praaven (but it needs to be fixed)
    Falls Cove (would be my ABSOLUTE ABSOLUTE favorite - but I would recolor it so that the mountains and grass were all the same color which I would make a rich dark green like Hidden Valley grass. I would also add two dive lots and make the streets darker...the same color as Storybrooke streets and give the entire world monte vista lighting. The late night area needs work too. more 40 x 40 lots)
    giphy.gif
  • LindaluLindalu Posts: 684 Member
    I am drawn toward well made custom worlds that are out of the ordinary. I often prefer to create and edit more than play. I also like to play Island Life and castaway theme hoping to survive and slowly build a life. I enjoy specific era Worlds 50's, Victorian, futuristic, jungle, country western, apocalyptic. Anything out of the ordinary. I'm constantly researching for unusual worlds. I love the challenge of a new kind of story line. So grateful Sims 3 still has a lot out there. Praying there will be a Sims 5 and an open world. I'd purchase everything they offer.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 814 Member
    In terms of Worlds I cannot live without are the ones I currently have (Sunset Valley, Riverview, Twinbrook, Bridgeport, Starlight Shores, Appaloosa Plains and Moonlight Falls). I like to add lots to them and use them if I would like to play a certain storyline or a certain type of Sim (I haven't fully played in Riverview, Twinbrook, Appaloosa Plains or Bridgeport yet, but once I finish The Smith Family I will play in any of the four Worlds) I like the Store Worlds and I am hesistant about playing in Isla Paradiso. I have fully explored Sunset Valley, and I would like to explore the rest of the Sims 3 Worlds. The Sims 3 still have a lot going for it.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • iFluxiFlux Posts: 12 New Member
    I don't really play a lot of the vanilla worlds. I will visit them as a vacation spot using NRaas mods. My favorite world is Twin Towns by TheGreyWitches.
  • dianaewolfedianaewolfe Posts: 1 New Member
    I can’t imagine playing Sims 3 without Hidden Springs. I know there’s not much to the world but I just love the aesthetic. I don’t want to bother with all that CC to make the world enhanced so Hidden Springs is just the world for me. I’ve been playing in it for so long I know all the sims that reside in Hidden Springs and their stories.
  • Gamer43251Gamer43251 Posts: 51 Member
    Honestly i cant imagine playing sims 3 without any of the worlds i have installed especially with the traveler mod I love moving around from town to town meeting new sims marrying sims from different towns together But my alltime favourite would have to be Camden Beach https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7420503 its a extended Version of Camden creek https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7293303 which was the first ever sims 3 map i ever downloaded a few years back as far as i know neither of them require any cc or stuff packs on expansion packs im not 100% sure as ive got them all except ambitons so far!
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited November 2019
    EA Worlds:
    Riverview
    Twinbrooke
    Appaloosa Plains
    Bridgeport

Custom Worlds:
    Acadia - This one is my favorite! feels like a small New England town.
    Sunlit Tides Revisted
    A Child's Paradise
    Westerberg
  • hrl20100hrl20100 Posts: 20 Member
    Where can I download custom made worlds?
  • SomearylalaSomearylala Posts: 32 Member
    I love Sunset Valley. I think it's fun to play with other families, check up on them and have your sims hang out with them.
  • simsgames2324simsgames2324 Posts: 20 Member
    Bridgeport
    Isla Paradiso
  • ingridmfingridmf Posts: 67 Member
    edited December 2019
    Definitely Brooklyn Heights, it mixes in Bridgeport-like city life with apartment buildings and subway stations as well as a more residential area with plenty of houses. It's a pretty big world, my current save has 130+ residents and there are still empty houses. I customised it as well, there are some "RESERVED" lots that are empty which I bulldozed and put LN appartment buildings instead. I also added quite a few houses on empty lots, mostly less expensive one because I didn't want to cheat with my founding family.
    But yeah, the world is beautiful!
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member

I tend to bounce around to different world saves, but my latest fave is Beach City. I used Porter and moved my sims from Sunset Valley to it.

48za2CF.jpg

2Sd3l6w.jpg

j88W6Tj.jpg

sDUkVeA.jpg
  • giulliagiullia Posts: 25 Member
    It’s hard to pick one. I can’t live without Lucky Palms, Hidden Springs... and my absolute favorite Midnight Hollow. I love creating creepy stories there.
    The Goldsmith Legacy
    - A Sims 3 Legacy Challenge.

6.jpg?w=1024

• IndieblueIndieblue Posts: 29 Member
    I have never played except sunset valley :0
  • bobv2bobv2 Posts: 95 Member
    Update I now only use Ridgeview in summer by Rflong7. Just empty lots but its perfect for building your own world, I love the layout and its just wonderful for creating your perfect town.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    MadIris wrote: »
    I tend to bounce around to different world saves, but my latest fave is Beach City. I used Porter and moved my sims from Sunset Valley to it.

48za2CF.jpg

2Sd3l6w.jpg

j88W6Tj.jpg

sDUkVeA.jpg

With the Porter Mod will families be able to stay in touch if someone moves to another town and will those not in the active town progress and eventually die?
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • CreativeMom88CreativeMom88 Posts: 53 Member
    I loved playing in Monte Vista and Hidden Springs. I like the world that came with Pets as well. It's great for the horses to run around freely except behind a certain house that always created the silliest glitch if a horse was there.
    I would build in Sunset Valley the most tho, and in certain spots most often, lol.
    I'll be trying to come back to build again in Sims 3. I've a goal I want to finish.
  • AccurateDinoAccurateDino Posts: 9 New Member
    Sunset Valley. I love how welcoming it feels compared to the other towns. It's sunny, green, and looks like a nice town for families, which is what I usually play with. I like the 'Picture Perfect' aspect of the town. I can honestly live without all of the other towns but this base game one. The only other town I might like if it was functional would be Bridgeport, but it's not a functional town at all so it's more of a pain to play.
  • frecklebeansfrecklebeans Posts: 137 Member
    edited February 2020
    I just want to drop in and say that fairhaven city is amazing. Ive never played in a world this long and had such a fun time. I love that it comes pre-populated.
  • animexlifeanimexlife Posts: 36 Member
    I've played a lot of worlds, but just a few days ago I found one I can't believe I've played all this time without knowing about.
    Saaqartoq (English)
    http://nilxisdesigns.blogspot.com/2015/04/saaqartoq-english.html

It's just so quaint and pretty, and unlike any world I've played in before. Comes populated, and has a lot of the expansion stuff. I wish I knew more worlds like this, its unique.
    Youtube video on it....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8Nk73yjpPo&feature=emb_logo
  • ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    Lindalu wrote: »
    I am drawn toward well made custom worlds that are out of the ordinary. I often prefer to create and edit more than play. I also like to play Island Life and castaway theme hoping to survive and slowly build a life. I enjoy specific era Worlds 50's, Victorian, futuristic, jungle, country western, apocalyptic. Anything out of the ordinary. I'm constantly researching for unusual worlds. I love the challenge of a new kind of story line. So grateful Sims 3 still has a lot out there. Praying there will be a Sims 5 and an open world. I'd purchase everything they offer.

I'm just like you Lindalu! I love unusual worlds, so I love Roaring Heights, Strangetown, Al Medina, Northeney... Which are your favorites?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top