Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many saves do you have/play?

Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
I've heard of many players who have been playing the same save since the game was released. Though my first, long-lasting save has long been lost, I still have one that is a bit older, like two years or so. I currently have 4 saves in total, but I am only actively playing 3 of them.

The first one, the oldest, is a rotational save I used to play a lot, but the families were just too many to keep track of. Additionally, there were some families I wanted to advance to the next generation, while I wanted to keep other families the age they were. I don't like enabling aging for active household only because it's too immersion-breaking for my taste, that's why I abandoned this save and kinda parted it into 3 different ones. I didn't delete this first save because I still occasionally use it to transfer lots and households to the 3 new saves.

As for the 3 I am currently playing, the first one is a one-family save in which I am playing the very first family I've created in TS4 (which I even played back in TS3), mainly with the focus on Get Famous and Basemental's mods. Even though it's the same family, their lives are vastly different from the version of them I've played in the first save. I also plan on integrating Discover University gameplay into this save, though I don't have the pack yet.

The second one is a rotational save in which I play a few other families, all in some way connected to each other, which I all transferred from my old save. The packs I mostly use in this one are City Living and Get to Work, but I also plan on doing some vampire-related stuff there.

The third and last one is a save specifically for Realm of Magic gameplay, maybe also with Vampires in the future. I only play one family there and it's the one I wanted to advance to the next generation in the old save, which I am probably gonna do soon.

How many saves do you play with and for what purposes do you use different saves? I'm always curious to know how other people play the game.
Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff

Comments

• CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I haven't gone back to my old saves. I had three main ones then started playing the one I have now since August. Not sure if one day I'll go back to those other three
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I HAVE a lot of really old saves, but I primarily only play one, but has multiple families (because TS4 is nice enough to allow rotational play).
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Only 1️⃣
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I have a bunch of old saves still but really only play 4 of them. I have my legacy save from 2017 that I play most often, it’s currently on generation 13, A rotational save where I play all the premades TS2 style, a supernatural save where I play only occult Sims, and a rags to riches save that I just started.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I have one saved game plus a few backups of that.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Usually 2 or 3. Right now 2. One that I use a few mods in like MCCC and one that I play vanilla. The one with mods is rotational
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Always only one. But not the same save. I delete the save when i get bored. Then star a new one. But only keep one at a time always.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I have over 30! I only play one family per save, so I have to start a new save every time I get an idea for a new family or story I want to play.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    About 50... and I feel ashamed of it. :/
    I just have too many ideas for game play and I start new saves every time. I play all of my saves rotationally.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Only 5 saves but the first save has most of my families I've grown very attached to. One save has only one sim and the other 3 have only a couple of active households. I spend most of my rotation time in the first one, with all the vampires and spellcasters, aka witches. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    One save that I play every day and a build save file when I feel inspired to build. The couple in my avi are Cameron and Marcella Cole. Cameron is the oldest of four and has two kids of his own with- who else- Marcella.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • sinrasinra Posts: 72 Member
    I have a lot of save files, I haven't deleted any since launch, granted I've lost a few to corruption. However, I only play 3-4 saves actively right now. My current ongoing legacy challenge, a semi-legacy, and a save where I'm rebuilding all the worlds and populating them with my own townies. And a save primarily for testing patches and new content before I use them in my main saves.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    One is my granddaughters - so I don't play it
    One is the not to be mention modded one.
    One is my ginger challenge (trying to make the whole world's ginger with genetics) Still generation two
    One is my original rotation. Sad to say I am still only on generation 3 with this one. Made mistake of too big of families. Trying next gen only one child per couple if any - might have more childless couples or non couples
    One is my test game (Vanilla) for when patches and new add ons arrive.

I don't get to play much anymore :( so usually there is an update or new add by the time I get to play again
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Just one... with a maxed-out number of played households. 😂
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Two, a rotational save for family play, and a single "immortal" sim for pack/skill/career/neighborhood focused play. Every 28 days she moves, gets a makeover, changes careers & focuses on different skills. I alternate daily.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited January 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Only 1️⃣

Me too. I had one from when I started playing up to, last month, I think. My game wouldn't play with it after I updated my computer and I had to start fresh. I've had the same one since then.
    Even though I don't have the same save, I do have the same Sim I've had since the beginning though, because she'd been backed up (although it didn't keep her skills or completed aspirations). That's not as impressive as it might sound though because I don't think I've even been playing for a year.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    A lot. I have multiple folders that I run out of and each folder has it's own designated type of saves (Drifter folder that holds all my drifter saves, Personal folder which holds my free play saves, Legacies folder for my legacy style games... you see where this is going).

The last few weeks I have been solely in my Drifter folders. This save dates back to Oct 2018, when I started my Schmitt drifter family with a fellow simmer. I'm hoping to complete the challenge by mid-Feb, at which point, the whole folder will then be saved to my external and I'll move on to another save I'm trying to finish up with.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I have:
    1. For the 100 baby challenge
    2. My main save which has 5 seperate saves in that folder
    3. My Upgrowth save folder
    4. A folder for builds without any mods in it so its cc free when I upload to the gallery
    5. One for a rags to riches save
    6. And then 2 more save folders that I use to test mods when we get patches
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I think I have about 10 right now. 3 or 4 saves I've had for a long time, others are for testing, building, trying new ideas/things out.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    2. One is for my legacy play & another one just for building.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    9 altogether. Some are a bit redundant but I keep them around anyway.
    1. My lot building save.
    2. From when Strangerville came out, that one is turning into a bit of a rotational save as I added some of the Sims 2 Strangetown families to it.
    3. Some of the in game challenges that we had.
    4. My proper legacy save and then two not by the rules legacy files.
    5. The Pancakes because I wanted to try them out and then never went back to it.
    6. My farming lot - kinda holding out for a livestock pack or at least some chickens.
    7. One much neglected dude who I thought looked interesting but never did anything with.
    iscQh5U.png
  • Foxybabyhg3Foxybabyhg3 Posts: 11 New Member
    I have 7 I think. I only returned to the game a yr ago, so I have a couple from when I first started playing again, one that was for completing the Strangerville Mystery when it was released. One that my 6yr old made. One my friends daughter made when they were staying at my house. One that I've recently started specifically to get through Uni. And my main one. I started it in March and it kinda exploded. I started with 3 CAS made families then I downloaded Chelsea & a few kids from Buzzfeeds 100 baby challenge. I am sure I'll be running out of lots soon as I'm on the 4th generation. I need to learn the cheat to copy a world into my save!
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I believe I have four.

Two of my oldest ones are from early 2015, and I haven't played them since probably 2016, but haven't deleted yet for sentimental reasons.

My next oldest is also from 2015, but was made the day GT was released. I call this my "main save", since this is the only save I continue to play to this day. I play rotationally and have gone through many generations, and to keep things organized I have a doc on my computer to keep track of everyone and everything.

I have another one that I created when ROM was released, but haven't gone back into that since it was made. I'll probably end up deleting it. It was one of my many attempts at creating an Occult save, but I'm just not much of an occult player nowadays. Doesn't help that I'm just not interested in starting from the beginning, which is a big reason why I haven't moved on to any new saves.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I only play one at any given time. I may go back to the older saves when I get tired of the current one, but I don't switch between them much. I have three ongoing saves, one legacy-like with many generations of the same family that's been going since I first got the game, one rotational that I started last year and am still hooked on, and one Addams Family save that I did for fun when I got Vampires and Parenthood at the same time. That one got switched to aging off, so they all have slightly different play styles.
    I also have a test save for when a new patch or dlc is added and I want to be sure I don't have any game breaking bugs before I open up the save I'm playing at the time.
    And my granddaughter has one for her sims that she plays when she has a sleepover.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    I have 3 actual gameplay saves currently. The first one (I've mentioned on here several times) is my Westbrook family rotation. They're all descendants of Emilia, who was my sim for the I'm a Lover Challenge.

The second is a typical family save, which will more than likely turn out to be as involved as the Westbrooks.

And the third, and most recent is a single mom who's daughter is living with another family as a foster child. The mom was a young mother and lost custody of her daughter. Her daughter just aged up to a child. The mom is working to get her back and provide the life she needs and deserves.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel