Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• AaeiynAaeiyn Posts: 521 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    For NRaas mod users, note that this trick doesn't work if one has Traveler installed and set to allow pregnant sims to travel (because thus they can register for Uni as long as they aren't actually going into labor at the time). Instead though, we have the MasterController Status functions and Tagger that can tell us right away whether a sim is pregnant and who the other parent is, if we wish to see that information. Other than that, morning sickness usually arrives soon enough after conception. :)
    I have Nraas. Not sure, if I have Traveler, though. And my Pregnant Sim was unable to go to University, after my two Sims Woohoo'd with one another.

Maybe not really something you wouldn't know about the Sims. Aside from Nraas, my next favorite Mod is the Online Center. I love being to able to Internet Shop via both Groceries and Books. Along with studying Skills, online. Highly recommend, this Mod.

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2020
    Aaeiyn wrote: »
    Aside from Nraas, my next favorite Mod is the Online Center. I love being to able to Internet Shop via both Groceries and Books. Along with studying Skills, online. Highly recommend, this Mod.
    Agreed, that mod is awesome. Its developer, JunJayMdM, was one who helped us along immensely during the transition phase immediately after Twallan's retirement years ago and is responsible for a few wonderful updates to ErrorTrap among a couple of other NRaas things along the way. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    @Aaeiyn - After I get my computer fixed (unfortunately that won’t be anytime soon), I will have to snag that mod. It could comein very useful for some storylines to be able to access books and online learning from the computer.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • ingridmfingridmf Posts: 67 Member
    Aaeiyn wrote: »
    Aside from Nraas, my next favorite Mod is the Online Center. I love being to able to Internet Shop via both Groceries and Books. Along with studying Skills, online. Highly recommend, this Mod.

Thank you for the rec @Aaeiyn, I had never heard of the mod before, will def be downloading it!
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    If you don't want to send your kids to school, then delete the schools, I delete all schools in my games, I never send my kids to school or teens. I like playing with them. I let them learn skills by doing things.
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    @Evalen - What a great idea to have home schooling. In my current game I did the opposite of what you did. I finally tried sending my child to boarding school. I liked it so much I sent his younger brother too.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    @Me1620, do you get to play with them much.
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    @Evalen - Do you mean play with the children? I normally do have the children stay home and have the parents raise them well. But this time, by sending them to boarding school I sent them off as children. They will return as young adults. So, I won't be playing with them at all in this current save.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    Me1620 wrote: »
    @Evalen - Do you mean play with the children? I normally do have the children stay home and have the parents raise them well. But this time, by sending them to boarding school I sent them off as children. They will return as young adults. So, I won't be playing with them at all in this current save.

I guess that is good if you do not want the children in your game, me I like the children, but I do not like the bagies or toddlers, I kind of birithday them up as soon as I can. We all have fun in different ways. the sending them to boarding school is nice to know how that works. Have fun with your sims.
    edited January 2020
    Sunset Valley appears to be prominent in SimCity Buildit as well as in Sims 3. The mayor constantly pesters me for materials and what’s even more annoying is she’s constantly “low-balling” me on price.

Sunset Valley Mayor: “I’ll give you 785 Simoleons for four chairs.”

Me: (incredulous “Are you ~bleep~ing kidding me?!!! I can get 1200 Simoleons on the open market. Raise your offer around 400 and we’ll start talking.”

What a cheapskate!
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • CatWendCatWend Posts: 7 New Member
    Im not a pc gamer just a ps3 gamer but in any case this may be something interesting to some of you. In Sims 3 Pets you can put the insects you catch on display in an atrium. Just go through build and buy mode and place them on a table. The atrium will simply appear, its not something you have to buy. I just started TS3 and haven't tried it there yet. :)
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited January 2020
    I didn't know this works:
    mHGSyxc.jpg
    They even come out already cut :lol: .

Oh well. That makes working kind of pointless.
    @Turjan, oh...thank you. I was thinking of trying that. Now I’m going to turn my science research machine into an ATM. ~evil laughter~
    https://youtu.be/iNkrF43SZEU

GYZ6Ak9.png
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I've only ever cloned uncut gems, then I have my sims cut them. If you have them cut them, you always get at least one bonus pile of gem dust along with the cut gem. And when it's tiberium, you can put the gem dust out in the yard, and it will grow into a large spire too.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    @Aaeiyn
    Thanks for sharing that mod.I didn't know it existed :O
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    There's actually a hidden need "temperature".
    Eating snow cone will lower the temperature, but the temperature of ghosts is technically locking. Ghosts eating snow cone will only get colder, the only solution I know is to reset sim
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • jessica645739jessica645739 Posts: 45 Member
    edited January 2020
    When the evil gnome appears next to the bed, it gives a gnightmare !

Sorry for the description of the moodlet, I play in french because I am !

bYelhQn.png

• KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Today I learned that a sim can read a book while floating in the pool!

49462537788_ff8b9de451_c.jpg
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    If your sims doesn't have to got to work on normal work days (pregnancy leave and those things) they can ask how it is at work, and if there's any stuff going on they can work on those problems at work via their pc! Just discovered this 5 minutes ago.

Whattt! And all this time I was getting frustrated because my pregnant sims couldn't advance in their careers! *Face palm*

Wow I love your signature it's so immersive!
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    @lisasc360 I think I'm going to take Ambitions first, for the inventor career (time machines are awesome). Then Generations and then University Life. Does Generations also add a new lifestate?

The imaginary friends :)
  • S_EmpressS_Empress Posts: 169 Member
    I was recently reading the Sims Wikia and I learned that Mysterious Mr. Gnomes can have families. If you have more than one on your lot, there's a chance they will magically have a baby! I tried this out. I placed gnomes using buydebug. Within 10 days, they had a baby! I told everybody! lol
    Also, it's only Mysterious Mr. Gnome. The other gnomes don't have families. Lastly, I think you have to have the Generations expansion pack.
    hnQy4ki.jpg
    8nxL4Zs.jpg

d638a1c7eb80c6dc5cd92a6d922fe948.gif
    Call me Slavic for short. (^-^*)/
    Slavic_Empiress on TS3 site, I always welcome more friends.
    I sim with integrated graphics. d(-_^)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited January 2020
    When drinking from the exact same bottle, some sims enjoy the nectar while others hate it. I've never noticed that before.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    S_Empress wrote: »
    I was recently reading the Sims Wikia and I learned that Mysterious Mr. Gnomes can have families. If you have more than one on your lot, there's a chance they will magically have a baby! I tried this out. I placed gnomes using buydebug. Within 10 days, they had a baby! I told everybody! lol
    Also, it's only Mysterious Mr. Gnome. The other gnomes don't have families. Lastly, I think you have to have the Generations expansion pack.

Actually the other gnomes can have babies too, so long as there at least two of them. My gnomes have been having babies long before I got any of the base game gnomes by whatever normal means they appear. But the babies will always be the base game gnomes. Almost all of the base game gnomes I've ever gotten were born in my games, to other kinds of gnomes.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I've played sims 3 a lot years ago and just recently came back to it. I swear i never noticed that there were sliders for seasons! It's such a wonderful tool! I set my spring and autumn for 7 days, summer for 14 days and winter for 5 days. I love winter, but i have sims live a slightly smaller lifespan as normal, and if a sim is a children during a long winter he almost won't go to school because of snow blizards.
    I love that we can adjust season lengths or even disable seasons altogether
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    You know that thing, when your sim can´t pick up a baby or toddler from another household, because they "don´t know the family good enough""?
    Today I learned that they can do it autonomously.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top