March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't Ghost Sims Count As Sims?

So I guess I maxed out the household limit with six pets and two Sims. I can't move more Sims into the house, but I can bind ghosts to my household. I thought ghost Sims, since they take up a slot, counted as household members. Shouldn't I be unable to bind ghosts? They're not exactly minor pets.
Be safe.

Comments

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    The max is 10 overall, maximally six pets or 8 human sims in any combination.
  • RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
    Turjan wrote: »
    The max is 10 overall, maximally six pets or 8 human sims in any combination.

But I'm only up to eight. I should be able to move in two more Sims, right?
    Be safe.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited January 2020
    That's how I understood it. If, for whatever reason, the game doesn't let you, try to split the household (one sim and half the pets), move the other two sims in, then merge the households again. No idea if that works, but I guess it would be worth trying.

Or just use Master Controller and lift the household limit, then use MC's "Add sim" to move the other in.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    This may seem to be coming out of left field, but are any of the sims (humans or pets) in this household pregnant? That alters the total that can be added in, if so, since the not yet born sims also count.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    igazor wrote: »
    This may seem to be coming out of left field, but are any of the sims (humans or pets) in this household pregnant? That alters the total that can be added in, if so, since the not yet born sims also count.

Nobody is pregnant. Nobody is able to get pregnant since there are "too many members."
    Be safe.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Have you currently got any ghosts living in the household? I have never bound a ghost so have no idea how it works but are they playable? If so, I imagine that they would then be counted towards the household number.
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Have you currently got any ghosts living in the household? I have never bound a ghost so have no idea how it works but are they playable? If so, I imagine that they would then be counted towards the household number.

I had bound a ghost, to see if I could have more than two Sims and six pets in the household. When it worked, it made sense that I would be able to move in more Sims from the bin. But I can't.
    Be safe.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited January 2020
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    I misunderstood your original post. Good luck finding a solution :)

I sort of did. I aged up both Sims and kicked one out with five out of six pets. :D
    Be safe.