Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    edited January 2020
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    You just walked into a bookstore. What section do you go to first?

I go to the section where it says Exit, or I'd just turn around. :D

I normally peak at clearance first, or what's on sale.
    Participated in this cool DTYIS to support mental health awareness. :) This painting captures how it feels like for me to talk about my mental illness with the people around me in real life, just to get shut down and be told that is nothing. But it's not nothing.

RbWyH0U.jpg
    9XwpDmY.gif

Original by: lemoniisa_ on Instagram
    nKRrgOy.jpg

You did a good job making him look like he's been crying.
    Today's Q Q is:
    You just walked into a bookstore. What section do you go to first?

There is no book store near me anymore. But before Borders shut down, I would go to the "Graphic Novel" section, aka the section for filthy weeb scum. Now all the books I buy are either purchased as deals via Kindle or used books I buy via eBay, cuz Mama's got bills to pay and can't be buying no $35 hardcovers anymore.
    I used a random word generator to give me ideas and got the word 'corn'. I wanted to give him a yellow streak in the hair but it looked kinda ugly and I wasn't sure how it would look with that kinda lighting. So I just made his eyes yellow cuz I'm like so creative. 🙈

c97e33719b6e4d388f13dbe5769e5d98d88e179e.jpg
    Zbq60Po.gif

You could have made him look like the Children of the Corn. Or someone who listens to Korn.

I don't know what Children of Corn is. 😬

A popular horror movie based on a short story by Stephen King.

Although I'm just now realizing I'm confusing the cover of CotC with Village of the "Darned"

which I can't post a picture from due to the extreme censorship here 🙄

You just had to add the word 'popular' in there to show how uncultured I am with movies, huh? XD

yes.

Thirst Queen here to say I just watched the Tiny Living stuff pack stream and Connor is cute 🥤

How did you go from Zac Efron to Connor...? XD

Who says I'm no longer attracted to Zac Efron?

Also, it's more like Zac Efron to Adam Driver to Connor.

And don't insult Connor like that.

😝

It's not my fault that the man couch has only succeed in attracting kittens.
    I feel like i should be concerned that, at my young age, i already have a bad knee.

Yes, please take care of your knee. You might ask your parents if your insurance would cover physical therapy. If I had gone to a physical therapist younger than I did, I might not be knock kneed and have falling arches.

I don't think physical therapy is necessary yet, but i am keeping an eye on it in case it will be. Right now, it doesn't actually hurt, it's just harder to run on. Like when I'm exercising.

In physical therapy, they can figure out why it's hurting and teach you how to walk correctly, so it doesn't hurt anyone and you don't wear out your joints.

I'll consider bringing it up. Though I'm worried if I do it'll end up not being serious and I'll have just wasted money :confounded:

I grew up in a similar situation. My parents (dad in particular) never wanted to take me to the doctor, even for serious stuff. That's part of the reason why I have a gakked up knee. Taking care of your health is always worth the money. Your knee may not be life or death, it may never be. But it could possibly cause you a lot of pain and suffering and money in the future and the problem may be so far gone that all they can do is offer relief from the pain, not actually fix it.

It's terrible that in this country, there are people suffering because they can't afford healthcare. Or they have health insurance through work, but then still avoid going to the doctor because of co-pays and deductibles.

Ooof, is healthcare messed up. People look down at us because the government still has to pay for most of my brother's bills, but when his insulin alone costs thousands a month...what are we going to do about it?

All of it seems wild to me too. Like, I went to the doctor recently, and I didn't even think about money. Like, if I feel sick or that something needs attention I'll go.

Canada's health system most certainly has problems (lack of doctors, especially in rural areas/funding/etc.), and not all forms of health care are actually covered by the government (ex. eye and dental care) but I still think it's better to have a public health system than a private one. Because no one should have to choose between between becoming homeless or getting sicker/dying.

We always have to debate if it's worth the cost or not. I've been putting off getting a new cpap for the past 6 months or so because it would cost an extra $1,000 to buy it through insurance rather than buying it up-front out-of-pocket online.
    Today's Q Q is:
    Complete this phrase: You cannot buy happiness, but you can buy____.

Music. :D 🎼

BOOKS :3
    Today's Q Q is:
    You just walked into a supermarket. What section do you first go to?

SNACKS. That, or really depends what I went there for. Haha. Usually it's what I went there for. And then I go to the snacks section. LOL.

Produce. At least where I'm from, the doors open straight into the produce section aisle.
    Guys, which option looks better to you? :D (Ignore the blue lens on Option B )
    Xvs8TOa.jpg

A.
    Guys, which option looks better to you? :D (Ignore the blue lens on Option B )
    Xvs8TOa.jpg

They both look like the reusable 3D glasses movie theaters use (Used to use? I've probably been to 3 3D movies in my life. The last one was Up)

Haha, you're right. I think it's cuz 3D glasses have that very thick structure. But I love thick frames. 😍 I've been to this short film that's in 3D but I rarely do that cuz it's annoying to watch them with my glasses. And it makes me very giddy too. I don't know how people can like it. >.< The colors on the screen look very washed out too.

Yeah, the colors look bad and the 3Dness gave me a headache. I've never had a seizure, but I think I've come close a few times. I can't do strobe lights either.

If I had to pick between the two, I agree with Zinzin and say A.

Oh, I see. I thought I was the only one who thought the colors looked bad. :D I get headaches and feel nauseous too from it and the film I watched was only like 10 mins. I can't imagine watching a whole movie with that. LOL.

Maybe it's just us and our poor health :joy:

Maybe not 'health' per se but Google says it has something to do with our eye muscles and them being weak, or maybe already being strained.

Aww, my eye muscle are weak? Well, I guess I'm not really surprised.

You wear glasses, right? It's quite common for that to happen for people who have eye issues. Or at least that's what I heard.

I can't watch 3D because of my astigmatism...makes me dizzy and all cross-eyed.
    Today's Q Q is:
    If you could go back to college and choose a different degree to study, would you? And if you haven't gone to college at all, would you go?

Yeah, I wanna learn music production or anything music related. :)

I never had problems with 3d glasses or movies. Though I can't remember the last time I watched one.

You don't wear glasses, do you?
    Went to eye doctor today and I am finally getting glasses... :neutral:

(March 2017)

Plus, I'm pretty sure we've talked about how everyone in the core group wears glasses.

Oh. I must have forgotten about that. 😂 I only remembered she didn't wear glasses in her Halloween photo she showed on Discord. So unless she's wearing contacts there, I assume her eye muscles are still strong since she doesn't wear glasses often?

I wasn't there for that, so idk 🤷

Oh, well now you know. 😂 But maybe Zinnia can enlighten us.

I'm jealous everyone's seen Zinnia's face now except me. 'Bout to redownload Discord...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXS9O6h6yq0

I'm actually looking at a different major, if I do transfer schools in the fall...
    --
    @DeKay you keep popping on my recommended friends list on FB...I find it a little creepy that FB would know this.
    --
    I have a long drive ahead of me tomorrow, and I'm not looking forward to it at all. :neutral:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    If you could go back to college and choose a different degree to study, would you? And if you haven't gone to college at all, would you go?

Yeah, I wanna learn music production or anything music related. :)

I don't want to go to college. I don't think it would be worth it and we couldn't afford it. If i had to go I might go for something writing related.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Practically: Mandarin Chinese or something
    For fun: Creative writing
    If I was better at math and science: zoology or marine biology

Mandarin Chinese? Wow. 😃 You might wanna have to prepare yourself for that one cuz a lot of my Chinese friends here say that Chinese is really hard to learn. :D And they've been doing that since little.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    me: omg, there's so much content to see on Disney+!
    also me: *rewatches Gravity Falls for the millionth time, only now it's on Disney+ instead of Hulu*
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    edited January 2020
    A.

[...]
    --
    DeKay you keep popping on my recommended friends list on FB...I find it a little creepy that FB would know this.
    --
    I have a long drive ahead of me tomorrow, and I'm not looking forward to it at all. :neutral:

Wow, everyone here picking option A, huh? I kinda like B more but I might have it tailored to make the frames look more squarish instead of rectangularish, so it would look more like A. :D My only problem with A is that it has gold studs and I don't like gold colored stuff so much. I wish they had it in silver. I would have bought that in a heartbeat. :D

And the reason why FB does that is cuz we follow each other on Instagram and FB owns Instragram now so yeah.

Good luck with the long drive. Blast some music. Hehe.

EDIT: You just had to make me open FB. :joy: And see my high school friend posting about a one year wedding anniversary and I'm just here like, "I still feel 15..." XD
    FwDXXd5.gif
    EDIT: You just had to make me open FB. :joy: And see my high school friend posting about a one year wedding anniversary and I'm just here like, "I still feel 15..." XD

oh, let me just get out the world's smallest violin 🙄
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

oh, let me just get out the world's smallest violin 🙄

Sorry, can't help it but it's just a weird feeling. 😛 Not that I'm upset or anything, but I still feel like I'm 15 and everyone who was in the same class as me has grown old. LOL. It's like I'm trapped in time? But hey, I ain't complaining. It's fun being young. Weeeeee.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    I've had quite an absence for a while.
    The Sims is becoming something I have an urge to play again
    L9q8VGi.png
    He looks like such a derp in the second image in the spoiler. :joy:
    f5d9c9d099ddc373a90d7a863793fc82ae04ab99.jpg
    MlEsumM.jpg
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    There's a SERIOUS bill that is trying to get passed in Congress, that would Ban Daylight Saving Time! My country is weird to think about doing that!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    edited January 2020
    A.

[...]
    --
    DeKay you keep popping on my recommended friends list on FB...I find it a little creepy that FB would know this.
    --

Wow, everyone here picking option A, huh? I kinda like B more but I might have it tailored to make the frames look more squarish instead of rectangularish, so it would look more like A. :D My only problem with A is that it has gold studs and I don't like gold colored stuff so much. I wish they had it in silver. I would have bought that in a heartbeat. :D

And the reason why FB does that is cuz we follow each other on Instagram and FB owns Instragram now so yeah.

Good luck with the long drive. Blast some music. Hehe.

Oh, that's right. I forgot about Instagram because I never use it. :joy:

Oh yes, I'm planning to blast tons of music. I don't expect much conversation from my grandparents...
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
    edited January 2020
    Sorak4 wrote: »

@Sorak4 Hi! How have you been?? It's been a while!

Can you update the first post with the new page we're going to, please?
    There's a SERIOUS bill that is trying to get passed in Congress, that would Ban Daylight Saving Time! My country is weird to think about doing that!

Nah, our country is weird for having daylight savings in the first place. Did you know that there is an increase in car accident deaths the Monday after DLS that is believed to be directly linked to people running late?
    Post edited by mintycupcake on
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member

Hi @Sorak4 ! 🙂
    Did anyone get Tiny Living yet?
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    I never had problems with 3d glasses or movies. Though I can't remember the last time I watched one.

You don't wear glasses, do you?
    Went to eye doctor today and I am finally getting glasses... :neutral:

(March 2017)

Plus, I'm pretty sure we've talked about how everyone in the core group wears glasses.

Oh. I must have forgotten about that. 😂 I only remembered she didn't wear glasses in her Halloween photo she showed on Discord. So unless she's wearing contacts there, I assume her eye muscles are still strong since she doesn't wear glasses often?

I wasn't there for that, so idk 🤷

Oh, well now you know. 😂 But maybe Zinnia can enlighten us.

I'm jealous everyone's seen Zinnia's face now except me. 'Bout to redownload Discord...

Haha. I forgot about that.

To answer the... question though, I have poor vision but not so bad I have to wear my glasses, which is good because I'm constantly losing them.
    unknown.png
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited January 2020
    Good afternoon everyone
    EO57whcXkAAy_wn.jpg
    9d1z2m12k175.png
    MMX wrote: »
    Good afternoon everyone
    EO57whcXkAAy_wn.jpg

I've had bacon soda.

I got a checkup today. I finally know how much I weigh.
    unknown.png
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member

Hey Sorak! 😄 How have you been?

@Sorak4 Hi! How have you been?? It's been a while!

Can you update the first post with the new page we're going to, please?

Nah, our country is weird for having daylight savings in the first place. Did you know that there is an increase in car accident deaths the Monday after DLS that is believed to be directly linked to people running late?

What even is the point of DLS? I don't see any use for it.
    Did anyone get Tiny Living yet?

I'm not sure if i even still want to get it.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
    Tiny living is such an odd choice for a pack.
    unknown.png
    I just dumped a nearly full cup of tea over on my dining table, that was covered in assorted (mostly paper) bric-a-brac.

Sigh. :s
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    I just dumped a nearly full cup of tea over on my dining table, that was covered in assorted (mostly paper) bric-a-brac.

Sigh. :s

Oh. I'm sorry, I hate when I do that.
    unknown.png
    Wait, so y'all telling me DLS is only an America thing?
    FwDXXd5.gif

No.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

No.

Oh okay. 😂
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member

No.

Oh okay. 😂

We have it in Canada too, though not all parts.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top