Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Drinking Water Excessively

2...Next

Comments

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I mentioned Caleb Vatore earlier. My Don-household has a drink fountain that Caleb almost emptied during his last visit. Still suffering from Compulsive Drinking Disorder (CDD), I guess...

At one time when I played him, I caged him up and put sinks all around for him to see, but not reach. Also drowned him once, making sure he got enough to drink.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Some people have commented that it toned down with December pack, but came back with January. I never noticed a difference. It was always just as bad as ever. I wish they would just remove it from the autonomy, as others have suggested, I'd never miss it. I'd like for them to remove the push-ups from that as well, that's another immersion breaker for me. We don't need our sims to choose to do these things. I want to keep the interactions, but just let me click the sink and tell them when.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • sinrasinra Posts: 72 Member
    I genuinely forgot this was ever an issue after they fixed it, but now that it's back I'm having war flashbacks.

Stay hydrated uwu I guess.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    It's driving me to distraction. You give him something to do, then before you get a chance to give the next command he's rushing off to get water. It is annoying as all get out.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    This is one of many reasons why I always have free will turned off. It's bad enough that guests litter the place with those water glasses. And of course since those were "made" by someone else, I can't just drag them into the sink (a silly rule which needs to stop in my opinion).
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    I realized this happening when my sims was running their bakery. The needs bar was full but and they would stop talking to customers to go get a drink and then they would need to use the bathroom. Drove me insane.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    tenor.gif

o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    tenor.gif

o:)

LOL! :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• CoffeecrumblecakeCoffeecrumblecake Posts: 6,549 Member
    @Admiral8Q , yup! My sims are always drinking and peeing, drinking and peeing, repeat. It wouldn't be unconvenient if it didn't consequently drain the hygiene bar twice as fast. I realize this is a measure to add realism to the game, but as there is no separate "drinking" bar and it doesn't significantly help the "hunger" bar, it is not extremely favorable at the moment 😂
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    The excessive water drinking thing is back and has been bugging me (bugging, get it?) for the last couple of days. I thought the new hobby pack was going to be knitting, not water drinking. ;)
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    OMG, I started a new save and my sims are getting water from the sink constantly! It is truly making me crazy, it is so excessive! It is worse than ever. Why?!? They really need to tune everything in this game. They add things that could be nice but then the sims do them obsessively and the players have no control over their own game. Sorry for the rant but I'm a bit grumpy.
  • ChelleyJayChelleyJay Posts: 80 Member
    It isn't excessive anymore. For some reason taking the sink out of the kitchen makes them get drinks less. I don't mind them getting water or juice from the fridge, but when they do it constantly it's a bit annoying. I do use MCCC sometimes to prevent them from getting water out of any sink. But, that isn't effective as much. but, recently it's been happening less now.