Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question

Hi! So I don't use mods when I play, but just out of morbid curiosity, is there a mod that stops interactions from automatically canceling?
Be safe.

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    @RiverBlossom, what usually causes actions to cancel automatically is when there is something blocking the sim’s ability to get to whatever task you have given him/her. It usually means that you have to trace the path between your sim and the location of the task and remove any obstacles in the way.

...and believe me, it can be a royal pain to figure out. That is one of the reasons why I keep my sims’ houses so spartan. It’s not because they’re averse to buying stuff. It’s because half the time they’re too ~brain-dead~ to get from point A to point B without getting stuck somewhere. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2020
    The answer to the morbidly curious part of the question is no. Mods can provide an environment that is more conducive to actions completing successfully in general, but there is no mod that will force a sim to do something other than reset themselves that they are for whatever reason being blocked from doing.

I suppose though that one might consider NRaas DebugEnabler's commands to take a higher priority than most other things as they are really for the most part EA's commands left in the game with no other interface to reach them. But many of these commands are game-breaking and not really meant to be used lightly. I mean, forcing a sim to suddenly produce a bowl of mac and cheese or relive/act out their high school graduation ceremony moment might take a higher priority than going to the bathroom, tending to the baby, or putting out a fire, but commands like that are meant for debugging the programming and are not really for routine gameplay.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    SoImMoSoImMo Posts: 4 New Member
    It happens a lot in the sims 4 too but like someone else pointed out in the sims 3 it is usually when there is something in the way of completing the action like an object blocking the way.
  • Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    What also causes canceling of actions is the Absent-Minded trait. It's so frustrating. I never use that one and get that trait switched out for a different one as soon as I can.
  • Options
    RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
    I suppose I should have been more specific. I'm frustrated with the interactions that cancel even if I queued them myself, for a different interaction that queues automatically. Like going to school. It used to be I could have my Sims do anything before getting on the bus, but now when the bus comes I have to reset my Sims if they need to finish what they started, because the Go To School interaction cannot be canceled out. Additionally, very often, the interactions I queue are replaced by other interactions I queue, making it very difficult to get much done. When this happens I have to pause the game, cancel all the commands, and queue them all over again; and I was wondering if there is a mod to prevent that. I'm sorry for not being clearer.
    Be safe.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I find it curious that you can't cancel the Go To School action. I don't like to queue things for my sims, preferring to let them do their own thing for the most part, but I have on occasion stopped a kid from getting on the bus because they had an outstanding wish to talk to a parent or something small that I know they have time for before school. The action cancels easily for me and I just click on the school bus when they are done.
  • Options
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    I find it curious that you can't cancel the Go To School action. I don't like to queue things for my sims, preferring to let them do their own thing for the most part, but I have on occasion stopped a kid from getting on the bus because they had an outstanding wish to talk to a parent or something small that I know they have time for before school. The action cancels easily for me and I just click on the school bus when they are done.

It used to be that way for me, too.
    Be safe.
  • Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    I suppose I should have been more specific. I'm frustrated with the interactions that cancel even if I queued them myself, for a different interaction that queues automatically.

That can happen with the Absent-Minded trait as those sims will "forget" what they were supposed to do and choose to do something else after everything else was out of the queue if High Free Will is on.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    That can happen with the Absent-Minded trait as those sims will "forget" what they were supposed to do and choose to do something else after everything else was out of the queue if High Free Will is on.

I don't use that trait, since all interactions can disappear when the Sim forgets.
    Be safe.