Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Murphy bed death

Comments

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    Never
    I hate to be a party-pooper, but if you need the space that a double bed takes up when your Sim(s) aren't sleeping, it's probably easier (and safer) to just put the bed into household inventory until you need it.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    In the next update
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    I hate to be a party-pooper, but if you need the space that a double bed takes up when your Sim(s) aren't sleeping, it's probably easier (and safer) to just put the bed into household inventory until you need it.

Where’s the fun in that? 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited January 2020
    It may be a while...
    They still have to develop the stuff pack...

The Sims 4: My First Time Not Being Killed By A Murphy Bed Stuff Pack

Features
    -The odds of being killed by a Murphy bed are reduced slightly.

New Content
    -Dozens of new adult female outfits that have absolutely nothing to do with the theme of the pack.
    -Several new adult female hairstyles that are just re-textured versions of the ones already in the game.
    -New accessories for adult female Sims (including a pair of earrings that look like Murphy beds).

*Must have The Sims 4: City Living Discover University Tiny Living installed to play*

But, I have to say... wasn't the new death from the Murphy bed one of the main features of this pack that many people used as a justification for it being $10? lol
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Use at your own risk no need for a patch. If it bothers you then download a Mod. Problem solved.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited January 2020
    Never
    Even though I tried, none of mine actually died by sleeping in it. The bed would break down and it would snap, they'd wake up and not want to go back to bed. What did kill them was their obsession with opening them once they are put away. Every time it happened, they only died after 2 or more attempts at opening it. I never had any of them die on the first failed opening and I tested it a lot tonight.

I know I said it in other threads, that I was going to try a Murphy bed hotel. Well that's what I did, sort of. I had already killed my own sim by Murphy bed death, then I had her move into a house and take in roommates. The roommates fixed the broken beds on their own but they wouldn't stop trying to open them. I'd have my sim go around the house closing them and they would come right back and open them again but it was always more than once when it actually killed them. I hope it isn't nerfed. We've always had a warning for any death, whether it be poison, electrocution, so I don't see how this is different.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member

But, I have to say... wasn't the new death from the Murphy bed one of the main features of this pack that many people used as a justification for it being $10? lol

Not likely. It wasn't promoted as a main feature, just a small addition ( but an awesome one) and I only saw a few people mention the ghosts, one of which was me. And why would anyone need to "justify" the pack's cost to begin with? It's a pretty standard Stuff Pack. I'm sure people know what to expect from them by now, not a big deal. If you like something in it, you buy it, if you have the money. It's not like $10 will break the bank, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    A feature in TS4 happening too much until they realize people don't like it so they patch it to happen never ? What a surprise.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    In the next update
    The second CallMeKevin makes a video called "Sims 4 but the Murphy Bed kills more people than Jim Pickens".
  • LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    In the next update
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Hopefully soon. I'm to scared to use it now. I love my sims and don't want them to die early, sorry. :D

Exactly! It's a really cool concept, and the ghost you get from it is really cool. But, I'm with you. I'm scared to loose one of my Sims!

What are the ghosts?
    BMSO wrote: »
    I find it funny when they get pumbled by the bed but I don't think they would nerf it persay, I think they would probably tone it down so the deaths are less frequent.

That's what a nerf is.

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    In the next update
    There's a simple way to make sure you never suffer a murphy bed death.

So I assume that the whining will be massive and nerf inc next patch.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    In the next update
    Why are people complaining? Why not just upgrade the bed to stop it happening?

I wondered the same. Previous Murphy Beds in the older games never had the option to upgrade them. This seems like a win/win. Run the risk of death if you don't upgrade or learn some handiness and upgrade the thing! :D
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    It will be nerfed. Watcher forbid people who want what they pay for get to keep it. Exhibit A Vampires
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    Why are people complaining? Why not just upgrade the bed to stop it happening?

I wondered the same. Previous Murphy Beds in the older games never had the option to upgrade them. This seems like a win/win. Run the risk of death if you don't upgrade or learn some handiness and upgrade the thing! :D

I can see that it might be a bit difficult in a new save - the first day, you're working on getting socials and fun up, learning some cooking (so they don't die in Fire!), etc. Not much time for learning handiness, and bam! they're dead. However, you can always save just before they go to bed to avoid it, though if Sims are autonomously mucking about with the bed during the day, pulling it down for no reason, I suppose they could end up inconveniently dead.

Also, if you want your couple to build relationship and fun, the shower is your best option for safe woo-hoo. Nothing kills the mood like pulling out a box of tools. ('Hold that amorous moodlet, love, I've got to upgrade the bed so we don't die.')
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    It may be a while...
    It's not so bad, the most the bed does is break, you repair it, you get some handiness skill. My sim got pummled, but that was after playing her for a week, two weeks on she'd upgraded the bed. I love the chance of risky death! Life is a game of risky death. It should not be toned down, nerfed or otherwise. Just like if my sim gets abducted three times, he should come back pregnant! Keep it in, live on the edge, tomorrow you could be hit by a bus, electricuted using faulty goods, be attacked by a rabid hamster, it should be the same in game.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    The second CallMeKevin makes a video called "Sims 4 but the Murphy Bed kills more people than Jim Pickens".

You literally read my mind. I started thinking of how CallMeKevin would have a video of this and I scroll a little further for you to voice my thoughts! lol
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    In the next update
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

Where’s the fun in that? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Sadly I think I am right in my poll answer, there are already people on twitter griping about the Murphy bed and saying it needs to be tuned. I am sooooooooooo sick of paying for a pack and then having a major feature of that pack basically removed because a few people cannot seem to handle a little bit of challenge or adversity in this game.
  • CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    In the next update
    If modders can turn death off, I'm betting they can turn that sucker right back up again if it gets nerfed, personally I've got the mod to prevent death as it is alarmingly too frequent for my liking, but I have the option to not have it and thats fine by me. It will be nerfed, I'm sure of it.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Learn to outsmart the murphy bed. (by the way ... there is already a mod that turns off death by murphy bed) This is what I did.
    Ok, I built a micro home and made my Sim sleep on the loveseat until he could upgrade the bed. I knew this was coming so I made a teen Sim who can disco nap. It took about a week to completely upgrade the bed. In that time he got maxed in handiness and an A in school plus has a huge garden and is ready for Uni. He has an income from gardening which will be easy to manage with Patchy's help. No one dies in my game. I am clever! lol
  • Foxybabyhg3Foxybabyhg3 Posts: 11 New Member
    It may be a while...
    It just needs the odds tweaking slightly, when I was watching some of the streamers use it, almost all of them had their sim die the first time they pulled it down. I hope they don't remove it completely. Getting really annoyed at them removing this osrt of stuff for fear of offending people. People whine about everything these days. Its not going to be the Roaring Twenties, its going to be the Whining Twenties
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Never
    I'm not into the whole death thing... in past Sims iterations I found it annoying. So, when I want to use a murphy bed, I just cheat my handiness and upgrade it. I'm very glad they included that option. While I don't care for the macabre, I say they should leave it. It isn't bothering me. I think by offering the the unbreakable upgrade, and now with a mod out there... there's no reason to mess with it.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited January 2020
    Never
    I hope they don't nerf it, but they probably will the way they always do. I still want my Vampires back.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    In the next update
    I have seen two videos where the Sim was killed the first time they used the Murphy bed, so if I buy the pack I won't be using the Murphy bed until it is fixed.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    In the next update
    Lquinn wrote: »
    I have seen two videos where the Sim was killed the first time they used the Murphy bed, so if I buy the pack I won't be using the Murphy bed until it is fixed.

By fixed you mean, you had your sim upgrade it I assume? Because nerfing something isn't 'fixing' it.

I want this pack FOR the bed deaths and ghosts.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    It may be a while...
    Probably will depend on amount and nature of the complaints and/or the availability of a mod that fixes it.