Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game crash on plan outfit.

I have no Cc. But when I try to change outfit on CAS it crashes to my desktop. Only on 'outfit' section, not separate sections
Any idea how to fix it?

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I too recently been experiencing this.Are you sure you don’t have CC installed?
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    Are you guys playing the game in Fullscreen mode? If so, I've heard that fullscreen mode doesn't work well with the dresser's "plan outfit". If not, then I don't know.
  • AJC20178AJC20178 Posts: 264 Member
    I took my CC out and still crashing.

Also I played in window mode, still crashing

😭
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    When you removed your cc, did you also delete the five cache files in your Sims 3 game folder in Documents? If not, try it first.

How are you specifically trying to get into the outfit category: are you using a dresser, testingcheatsenabled shift-click, or a mod, and which one (and which command)? Have you tested a different method? Have you tried a different sim, or a new save? This will help narrow things down.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Are you guys playing the game in Fullscreen mode? If so, I've heard that fullscreen mode doesn't work well with the dresser's "plan outfit". If not, then I don't know.

Mine was due to recently installed Cc I have since removed it and CAS is working again.
  • AJC20178AJC20178 Posts: 264 Member
    I was clicking on dresser-plan outfit. Then when clicking on the "outfit" section then it was crashing, on each sim of all ages. Even from starting up a new family. Tried new save also.

Yes I deleted those cache files.
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    Have you tried going into the DCCache folder and moving the missingdeps.idx file out to the desktop? This was recommended to fix my launcher crash issue, it didn’t fix it but it did seem to fix the other crash problem I had where buydebug would crash.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @AJC20178 The next step is to test a new save in a clean game folder with no added content at all. If you don't get a crash, you can copy over your existing save and test. If the save takes place in an installed store or custom world, you'll need to reinstall that particular world, but don't add anything else.

You'll get a missing objects warning, but that's fine—you don't have to save your progress, and regardless, your original save will be intact in the old game folder. The point is to see whether a new save and your existing one crash in the clean folder.

If even the new save crashes, please run a dxdiag, post it somewhere like pastebin.com (no need for an account), and link it here.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/